The Guide to Wizardry

124»

Comments

• duckyborna
    duckyborna Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Yaaay!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Light. Without it we are frozen. Respect light, because it gives life.
    -Light Bard
  • miley619
    miley619 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    First, in a guide never say Never. Never is a big word. You say 'never lvl emberstorm.' I've found sage emberstorm to be effective in certain situations.... And, it's unique cause its a nonspark charge skill. Out of sparks and that 102 cleric is half down? Blink in and emberstorm. Sometimes sheer audacity can cause hesitation.

Second in pvp, be willing to throw down. Dying is not permanent in this game. Die a hundred times in a row if u have to. Everybody talks about style. U won't have a style if your not willing to develop one.

Third, read Adroit on genies.

Fourth, keep a long safety lock.

Thas all.

u have an acount on pwi
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hey, my wiz is currently running a LA build and is lvl 66, when do you recommend I should restat to Pure?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    AsimM - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hey, my wiz is currently running a LA build and is lvl 66, when do you recommend I should restat to Pure?

You could restat whenever, but I'd recommend restating before you hit 90. TT90 gear is when wizards start to gain good amounts of HP/defense.
    "I would say that the worst band ever, Black Eyed Peas, played at the 2011 Superbowl, but I couldn't possibly take that title away from Nickelback"

- Drew Flowers
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    just thought id point out that the new moria skill that knocks u back and purifys u when ur hit only works every 25 secondes so its not like u cant be hit at all. just thought id point that out before any wissies got the skill then got mad cuz they didnt instantly port away twice in a row
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    New Morai skills updated upon newly acquired knowledge, enjoy. :D
    "I would say that the worst band ever, Black Eyed Peas, played at the 2011 Superbowl, but I couldn't possibly take that title away from Nickelback"

- Drew Flowers
  • pwiiii
    pwiiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Lol Kill xD
  • revziekun
    revziekun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Umm, this may not be the right choice, but i'm looking for a cute, small personality type character, not sure if it's a Wizard or some other class...
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    New Morai skills updated upon newly acquired knowledge, enjoy. :D

Just a couple notes about the new Arcane Defense skill.

The skill book says it removes only 1 negative debuff, but the description in the encyclopedia says it removes any ailments you have on you. In practice, the encyclopedia description is correct. That, and it does work for both PVE and PVP melee hits.

It's nice to have an additional kiting tool in my aresenal, but it can be used against you by someone with a brain, since you get thrown back opposite the direction you take the hit from. If you're kiting a group, and get popped by a sin, they can move in front of you, and normal attack till you bounce back into the group you were trying to gain distance on. In that case, get fortify, AD, immunity pot, distance shrink, or holy path at the ready to get away again. (or depending on the size of your balls, just say 'well hello there', and throw up DB)
  • safasfasfsafaas
    safasfasfsafaas Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Who is dealing more demage...demon wizard or sage? ty
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Depends on what you're looking for. If you're lookin to spam nukes, sage has chi saving + sage bids increases crit + with the masteries sage has more constant slow damage. Demons have faster channel with quaff/spark, more spike damage, and can CC the shiznet outta anyone. I find that as a sage, raw power doesn't do me much good because I dont have enough CC to keep my enemies still.
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    ^ What he said. Exactly what he said. b:chuckle

- Drew Flowers
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Just a couple notes about the new Arcane Defense skill.

The skill book says it removes only 1 negative debuff, but the description in the encyclopedia says it removes any ailments you have on you. In practice, the encyclopedia description is correct. That, and it does work for both PVE and PVP melee hits.

It's nice to have an additional kiting tool in my aresenal, but it can be used against you by someone with a brain, since you get thrown back opposite the direction you take the hit from. If you're kiting a group, and get popped by a sin, they can move in front of you, and normal attack till you bounce back into the group you were trying to gain distance on. In that case, get fortify, AD, immunity pot, distance shrink, or holy path at the ready to get away again. (or depending on the size of your balls, just say 'well hello there', and throw up DB)

I'll update that if I haven't already, but keeping in mind that most people on RT don't have a brain anymore. Ekekekek b:chuckle

- Drew Flowers
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    great guide, helped alot, tyvm!
    just question: i havent found any clear wizard genie PvE guides...
    also how come wizards get 700% wep dmg from 89 spark while my barb gets 500%?
    and last, should i lvl will of the phoenix already once i get it? ok knockback is useful but Dragon's Breath...isnt that more something like a fcc or delta skill? since u dont rlly do aoe killing alot....?
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • Ladidel - Raging Tide
    Ladidel - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Level 13

5)Fire Mastery: Increases damage done by fire skills by x%, 20% being at Lvl 10.

Sage(winner): Increases to 25% instead of 20%.
    Demon: (Unsure) Increases critical hit rate done by fire skills by 1%

Sage wins, an extra 5% damage will do wonders endgame. Also this is very debatable since having all 3 masteries will have a nice effect as well.

6) Water mastery:: Increases damage done by water skills by x%, 20% being at Lvl 10.

Sage(winner): Increases to 25% instead of 20%
    Demon: Increases critical hit rate done by water skills by 1%

Sage wins again, same notes as above.

7) Earth mastery: Increases damage done by earth skills by x%, 20% being at Lvl 10

Sage(winner): Increases to 25% instead of 20%
    Demon: Increases critical hit rate done by earth skills by 1%

Sage wins again, same notes as above.

the demon masteries increase the critical hit in all skills, not only for one element; so for the 3 masteries you get +3% of critic, not +1%
  • Ladidel - Raging Tide
    Ladidel - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Level 13

1) The Dragon's Breath: A constantly casting area spell that does fire damage every 3 seconds, sucking up mana when it damages. Priority: After ASAP.

Sage (Winner): Has a chance to stun the target upon a hit.
    Demon: Has a chance to heal 500hp on successful hit.

Sage wins, it has a chance to stun, which is always good. But both effects occur rarely, so keep that in mind.

2) Wellspring Quaff: Increases your mana pool by X%. Priority: Before level 59.

Sage: Grants a 150% addition to your magic attack for 15 seconds.
    Demon(Winner): Gives a 20% increase to your channeling.

Demon wins, if you want 150% addition, just use single spark. Channeling increase is always better.

demon dragon's breath have a chance to heal every hit; but until I know sage dragon's breath only have the chance to stun when you active it in the first hit. Im sure about how demon dragon's breath works, but Im not sure about how sage dragon's breath works.

and I want to add that the increase of channeling of demon wellspring quaff is for 15 seconds too.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    demon dragon's breath have a chance to heal every hit; but until I know sage dragon's breath only have the chance to stun when you active it in the first hit. Im sure about how demon dragon's breath works, but Im not sure about how sage dragon's breath works.

and I want to add that the increase of channeling of demon wellspring quaff is for 15 seconds too.

both aoes have a chance to proc every cycle.. so say DB deals damage every 1.5 secs (making that up, not really sure how often it hits) demon will have a chance for the 500 hp every 1.5 secs, and anything hit by the sage zhen will have a 20% chance of getting stunned every 1.5 secs.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Ocman - Lost City
    Ocman - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    very helpful for us noobs. b:victory
  • Mortseek - Raging Tide
    Mortseek - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can anyone tell me how to tell which buff to use against mobs bosses etc. How do I know if they do earth fire or water damage, some are obvious but not all and it makes it difficult to prepare for battle if you cant tell. Dont have this problem with my seeker as I just bash stuff.
    Hope you can help.
  • Warlinis - Lost City
    Warlinis - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Very interesting guide...Thanks for the help b:victory