Wouldn't it be nice...

Options
Tidestrike - Lost City
Tidestrike - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
To have another server that has no hypers, no boutique, no frost and no Zen charge option? :o
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Tidestrike - Lost City on

Comments

• _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    No because everyone would move there and PWE would lose money.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Someone already made a topic like this about 2 months ago.

It honestly isn't a very bad idea, but it ain't happening unless PWI can profit from it.

Opening servers costs money. (I think)
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    While your at it remove Tideborn race and APS. O wait its Back to the Spirits expansion. Which some private servers might be running still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • Tidestrike - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    Options

I'm sure there are people who, after spending tens of thousands of dollars on their r9 +12 full JoSD gear here on LC wouldn't want to leave all that behind... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tidestrike - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hmmm... if they introduced a boutique that only sold 'Cosmetic items' as was originally said, and removed the gold selling option in the Auction House, I'd imagine they could be able to fund running the server from flyers and fashion alone. I think the issue isn't that they'd lose money, rather just that they wouldn't make an obscenely large profit from it. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • unceuncerave
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Again.. you're talking about Age of Spirits Expansion. Go play that on a private server. I'm sure there still around.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    While your at it remove Tideborn race and APS. O wait its Back to the Spirits expansion. Which some private servers might be running still.
    Again.. you're talking about Age of Spirits Expansion. Go play that on a private server. I'm sure there still around.

The OP never mentioned the removal of the other classes - just the other "features" that they listed.

In any case, this idea has been mentioned many times before, but its highly unlikely to ever happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    so....

1)mana/hp pots will cost a ton
    2)no charms (pretty lame pvp)
    3)grinding to level up (boring, lame and doesnt really teach you anyhting)
    4)starter flyers (until you hit 95 and grind for ~2months to get the morai ones)
    5)no world chat
    6)kinda expensive wines
    7)expensive gems

uh uh no ty. i want to have fun and mindless grinding is way less fun than even a super fast FC run
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Actually if boutique simply sold charms and GAs, it would be fine as a PvP server. You would fight each other as you level and it would be more fun.

All this instance leveling has been lame for the game.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    thanks for putting this song in my head?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L--cqAI3IUI x'D

and those servers are called private servers pretty much :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    no Zen charge option? :o
    And how is this server running? Who's paying for it? This part of this idea is just dumb and if you truly believe this would work, I suggest leaving Perfect World and trying out the real world.
    Because now we want a company to provide an MMO server with no income whatsoever for them? No matter whether its PWE or any other MMO company they need to pay for this stuff and make a profit.
    You will pay for it one way or another. If its not monthly or through cashshop transactions, you will have an MMO riddled and plagued with advertisements. One way or the other the company will make money.
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    To have another server that has no hypers, no boutique, no frost and no Zen charge option? :o

To come up with an original idea?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • unceuncerave
    edited April 2012
    Options
    To come up with an original idea?

Is there such a thing anymore? Last original game I played which was years ago was GunZ but only because of glitch exploitation. PWEs soon to be released RaiderZ oddly reminds me of it......
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Is there such a thing anymore? Last original game I played which was years ago was GunZ but only because of glitch exploitation. PWEs soon to be released RaiderZ oddly reminds me of it......

Think he meant that this idea has been suggested like 10 times...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • evolution1234
    evolution1234 Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

This server you speak of is out already. PWI (witch ever, I forget the parent company name some server MOD quoted) decided to not investigate it. If you ask a bunch of people who log on Lost City to do daily quests, they will tell you that half of the server is on there already. Unfortunately, I forget what the server name is called.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    no eg and no tideborn server is what your asking and well do you wana lose your OP class advantage and ur aps era.

anyways it was the best time in my time i could push T butten and defend myself as a non sin class and do fine now i dont even know what T butten represent as more then halv the population is a assasin in stealth mode.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

b:laughb:laughb:victory it's so damn true
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I'm sure there are people who, after spending tens of thousands of dollars on their r9 +12 full JoSD gear here on LC wouldn't want to leave all that behind... b:shocked

Great! They can stay there, I'll be over here. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    There is but we are not allowed to link to it b:chuckle
    edited April 2012
    Options
    There is but we are not allowed to link to it b:chuckle

private servers? hey, making an account there is at your own risk.... viruses and stuff

@ LOL At your sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    And how is this server running? Who's paying for it? This part of this idea is just dumb and if you truly believe this would work, I suggest leaving Perfect World and trying out the real world.
    Because now we want a company to provide an MMO server with no income whatsoever for them? No matter whether its PWE or any other MMO company they need to pay for this stuff and make a profit.
    You will pay for it one way or another. If its not monthly or through cashshop transactions, you will have an MMO riddled and plagued with advertisements. One way or the other the company will make money.

+1000
    For those who think it so easy, do it for the rest of us and when you are done, please explain how you pay the power, server telephone line bundles, hardware, repair techs, ect. needed to run such an operation without someone paying real money into the game at some time.
    I personally would love too know how because even if i set up a private free vent server on my laptop at home i still have to pay my ISP at the end of the day.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

no because i get better deals when people sell fashion than me having to buy from a cash shopb:bye
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    private servers? hey, making an account there is at your own risk.... viruses and stuff

@ LOL At your sig

No worse then the risk here honestly. Got one through that peer to peer **** on the auto updater before.