Next Step

Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Archer
With the 10☆ orb sale at 50 gold, I'm unsure what to do next on my archer. Here are my current buids (HP seems off by 30-40 points, for some reason):

- PvE Bow - http://pwcalc.com/4eda58ab197e0eff
- PvE APS (sparked) - http://pwcalc.com/8fa91532d0b3d6bf
- PvE APS (unsparked) - http://pwcalc.com/988ae9a98d486299
- TW - http://pwcalc.com/ad5614566f32a176

I know I have high Strength and need to restat some out. I need 146 Str to wear the helm / Nirvana claws, and since the helm gives +10 Str, I only need 2 more strength to wear the TT100 fists. I use the fists unsparked since they give me 5.0 aps. I don't like swapping large amounts of gear, which is why I still wear both the Rank rings in PvE (as opposed to statting Strength down and wearing Bands). So if I restat 7 points out of Strength and 2 points out of Vit, I'll have the minimum strength to do what I want, and 9 points to put into Dex. If I can scrounge up one more point of Dex from somewhere, I can get an extra +1% Crit.

Aside from restatting, though, I don't know what to do next. If I do not dip into my other funds set aside for merchanting, I have about 100-150 gold to spend. I was originally planning on getting 10☆ orbs, but with this sale being awful, I'm now unsure.

I'm fairly sure I'll do the following:
- Farm Lunar Necklace for TW build (I'd wear the Lionheart belt to replace the loss of SDP's Str bonus)
- Pay someone for Exclusive Garnets from Shroud

Here are the choices I am unsure about, and I realistically only do one of these:
- Refine bow to +10.
- Refine armors to +8.
- Save/Invest coin for remaining R9 pieces.

Here are things I'm sure I won't be doing, as I'd rather save up and get the remaining R9 pieces before I do the stuff below:
- Getting Cube Necklace
- Getting better ring
- Getting endgame shards

Thoughts / Opinions?
Post edited by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    With the 10☆ orb sale at 50 gold, I'm unsure what to do next on my archer. Here are my current buids (HP seems off by 30-40 points, for some reason):

- PvE Bow - http://pwcalc.com/4eda58ab197e0eff
    - PvE APS (sparked) - http://pwcalc.com/8fa91532d0b3d6bf
    - PvE APS (unsparked) - http://pwcalc.com/988ae9a98d486299
    - TW - http://pwcalc.com/ad5614566f32a176

I know I have high Strength and need to restat some out. I need 146 Str to wear the helm / Nirvana claws, and since the helm gives +10 Str, I only need 2 more strength to wear the TT100 fists. I use the fists unsparked since they give me 5.0 aps. I don't like swapping large amounts of gear, which is why I still wear both the Rank rings in PvE (as opposed to statting Strength down and wearing Bands). So if I restat 7 points out of Strength and 2 points out of Vit, I'll have the minimum strength to do what I want, and 9 points to put into Dex. If I can scrounge up one more point of Dex from somewhere, I can get an extra +1% Crit.If you're going to use those rings Engrave them you can get up to 6-7 of a stat you want for pretty cheap.

Aside from restatting, though, I don't know what to do next. If I do not dip into my other funds set aside for merchanting, I have about 100-150 gold to spend. I was originally planning on getting 10☆ orbs, but with this sale being awful, I'm now unsure.

I'm fairly sure I'll do the following:
    - Farm Lunar Necklace for TW build (I'd wear the Lionheart belt to replace the loss of SDP's Str bonus)Get a Cube necklace over this.
    - Pay someone for Exclusive Garnets from ShroudWhy?.....

Here are the choices I am unsure about, and I realistically only do one of these:
    - Refine bow to +10.As a DD this should be one of your first options to do
    - Refine armors to +8.HP can be nice but is your defense good to balance with it
    - Save/Invest coin for remaining R9 pieces. <- Would do this second after your bow

Here are things I'm sure I won't be doing, as I'd rather save up and get the remaining R9 pieces before I do the stuff below:
    - Getting Cube Necklace Do this instead of lunar necklace. It is feasible to make for less then the cost to buy a made one and takes about 15days or so and ~80-90mil
    - Getting better ring Run PQ3 with friends/faction it DOES take time but not too bad
    - Getting endgame shards Do this last
    Thoughts / Opinions?

Opinions in red
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    unce got it right. Get your bow up to +10. As an archer you have to prioritize your weapon above everything. After that I'd get an R9 belt to improve your defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • unceuncerave
    edited April 2012
    Forgot to mention advance cube instead of buying one. The cost difference is time like everything else in this game. Time is money, you decide its value to you.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I don't think you even need to replace the +8 str lost from SPD in order to use defensive ornaments in TW

http://pwcalc.com/bdb3a5aa8579e074

Some archers may disagree but I favour defensive capes over -int capes for PvP. However if you do a lot of PvEing unlike me then you probably would want to keep your TMLG cape and +10/vit stone it eventually instead of refining and sharding two capes. But if you're mainly a PvP player like me then I really do recommend a defensive cape such as WoCC or TMSoT cape just because of its awesome p.def gain.

I also don't see why you can't get a LG ring, they're only 20m ish nowadays on RT for a clean one, 25-30m for a +5~7 with level 6 engraving on. They're cheap, good and resellable. In my opinion the LG ring is worth switching to even if the only time you PvP is TW once or twice a week. Missing on a stun or the last hit is so annoying and unbearable to me.
  • unceuncerave
    edited April 2012
    I don't think you even need to replace the +8 str lost from SPD in order to use defensive ornaments in TW

Wouldn't an elemental necklace suit them better? If they plan on getting a better ring I would assume Sky cover with them both refined the Pdef to Mdef would have a good gap because of the bm bell + cleric vanguard gives more then just cleric magic shell. And then a smart player would use magical based attacks over physical because of that gap. Or am I just spewing unintelligent ****?
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2012
    Thanx for the comments.

I mentioned the Morai shards b/c there's no reason to go to Perfect or Incomparable, and Gems are out of my price range at the moment.

Is it easy to farm the cube necklace? I've never done the advance rooms, and my impressions from user stories is that it's more profitable to just sell the Page of Fate you get from the basic Cube.

I would if I restat 7 points out of Str (which would still allow me to wear TT100 fists).
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited April 2012
    Wouldn't an elemental necklace suit them better? If they plan on getting a better ring I would assume Sky cover with them both refined the Pdef to Mdef would have a good gap because of the bm bell + cleric vanguard gives more then just cleric magic shell. And then a smart player would use magical based attacks over physical because of that gap. Or am I just spewing unintelligent ****?

The issue of p.def cube vs m.def cube for an archer has been debated forever. I'm personally sporting a p.def cube at the moment and combined with my JoSDs and buffs sins, BMs and barbs rarely kill me in TW especially when I have bramble. The majority of my death do come from casters, I do not deny that. However apart from archers casters are the only classes that should be killing archers in TW (excluding the odd zerk crit arma). I feel that even with a p.def cube my survivability against R9 +12 DoT casters are decent enough as long as I'm using m.def charms. Even in 1v1s I still win majority of the time against casters using my p.def cube. The advantage of using m.def cube I suppose would be the fact that mages are the real archer killers in TW, however without JoSDs and full buffs using a m.def cube could make you R9 archer or 5aps sin food.

Clash points :

2 p.def buffs v 1 m.def buff (advantage p.def)
    Casters are real archer killers in TW advantage m.def)
    Archers takes more magical hits than physical hits (advantage m.def)
    using m.def cube come make you sin/archer food (advantage p.def)
    Spamming m.def charms is better than using p.def charm against APS (advantage p.def)

At the end of the day it really depends on how much weighting you give each factor I suppose. The fact that you have a +12 sky cover doesn't really change your decision on using a m.def or p.def cube, the same factors still apply. By using +12 p.cube and +12 Sky cover you can pretty much ignore any physical damage you take when buffed. However using +12 m.def and +12 Sky Cover does have more balanced defence.
  • unceuncerave
    edited April 2012
    Thanx for the comments.

I mentioned the Morai shards b/c there's no reason to go to Perfect or Incomparable, and Gems are out of my price range at the moment.

Is it easy to farm the cube necklace? I've never done the advance rooms, and my impressions from user stories is that it's more profitable to just sell the Page of Fate you get from the basic Cube.

I would if I restat 7 points out of Str (which would still allow me to wear TT100 fists).

Ill break it down as best as I can
    If you really wanted to make profit you would make and sell cogs. You can make 2-3 a day (They sell for 2mil+)

Heres what you need besides the regular items for getting to room 50.

about 1-1.5mil in coin to get from 51-60
    10 extra do-alls in case you land in room 58. ~400k coin cost
    CoF Secret Letter - Made from Celestial Insignias ~1mil coin cost

Totals out to about 2.5mil (NOT including cost to complete to room 50 twice.)
    (Profit of at least 1.5mil per run if you sold them)

Turn in the first room 50 for a cog.
    Go to room 1.
    Trade the Letter for the Cube block
    Run cube again.
    get another cog.
    get to room 60.
    Make the first working cog.
    AFK for 30minutes (make sure you acknowledge the popup box for the 30min timer to start)
    Make another Cog. And you're done.

Then you need the warsoul fragments. You can either
    A) Gamble them with mats for a chance to make them by BH NPC.
    B) Chip them

Chip cost breaks down to.

Warsoul: Ksitigarbha
    788Chips 16.875milCoins

Warsoul: Vajra
    788Chips 16.875milCoins

Warsoul: Avalokites (2)
    158Chips 3.375milCoins x2

Warsoul: Jakari (2)
    473 chips 10.125milCoins x2

Total Cost ~
    48mil for the Warsoul Fragments
    35-40mil for the Cogs.
    ~83-88 Mil for the necklace.
    Hella a lot cheaper then 120mil+ don't you think?

Guide Below
    http://pwiguides.guildlaunch.com/gwiki/index.php?page_name=Cube_of_Fate%C2%A0Guide&gid=165743
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited April 2012

Advanced cube is very easy to run charmed or not. It does cost from 1-2m per cog though, depending on your luck.

Is there a real point of still carrying around TT100s after you got G15 NVs? I know they would give you 5.0aps unsparked, but considering how mobs in PvE die so fast, can't you just winged pledge them or take out G15s? I mean, maybe you'd lose a couple of seconds in fighting a mob, but in my opinion that's not such a great deal when compared to the defensive bonuses you'd get from cube over this
    edited April 2012
    Hm, it wouldn't let me edit my post, so I'll state it here.

I do casual low-to-mid tier TW. I don't plan on entering the big leagues.

Before I got my leaps, most of my deaths were from Assassins and BMs stunlocking me. This most recent TW I had my leaps for the first time, and I was able to kite well in the air, and for some reason those BMs don't know how to use their leaps in mid-air. Anyways, I only died a handful of times in a 2 hour war, and I'm honestly not sure what caused the majority of my deaths.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Sanctuary TW is pretty much dominated by other R9 archers so I prefer PDef. By my count this server has 71 R9 bows... that's almost enough to field an entire TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited April 2012
    Advanced cube is very easy to run charmed or not. It does cost from 1-2m per cog though, depending on your luck.

Is there a real point of still carrying around TT100s after you got G15 NVs? I know they would give you 5.0aps unsparked, but considering how mobs in PvE die so fast, can't you just winged pledge them or take out G15s? I mean, maybe you'd lose a couple of seconds in fighting a mob, but in my opinion that's not such a great deal when compared to the defensive bonuses you'd get from cube over this

It's only 2 Strength.

I need 146 Str to wear Helm and Claws. Helm gives +10 Str, so that's 156 Str. Statting 2 points out of Dex into Str for 5 aps unsparked seems a reasonable price to pay.
  • unceuncerave
    edited April 2012
    Sanctuary TW is pretty much dominated by other R9 archers so I prefer PDef. By my count this server has 71 R9 bows... that's almost enough to field an entire TW.

I think Heavens Tear has more r9 caster than archers. (That's why I was questioning the necklace.) Most physical classes would kill themselves on bramble as well. Ultimately its up to you Elen but.. the 5% hp is definitely overall a nice add-on and I would prefer it over the lunar necklace. See previous post about Cube necklace and cost.
    It's only 2 Strength.

I need 146 Str to wear Helm and Claws. Helm gives +10 Str, so that's 156 Str. Statting 2 points out of Dex into Str for 5 aps unsparked seems a reasonable price to pay.

Get Cheap Ring engravements. They cost like 3mil a try and a chance for 6-7 dex or str to reroll into the stat you want.

Unrelated note... Is it possible to get over 540 dex without trashing your gear for **** add-ons?... I cant seem to do it. Double Stat Engraving is too unrealistic for me to get without coin sinking.

http://www.pwcalc.com/77c7668249ff67f0
    edited April 2012
    - When I said Lunar necklace, I meant ☆Springrush Amulet: Chaos - http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16038 . It has +5% HP bonus, and it doesn't really look like a bad necklace, considering its price. Yes, Cube Neck is better, but it has a 150m price tag on HT, I believe.

- I do plan on getting Ring Engraving; I just haven't started it yet. I forgot to mention that, sorry.
  • unceuncerave
    edited April 2012
    - When I said Lunar necklace, I meant ☆Springrush Amulet: Chaos - http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16038 . It has +5% HP bonus, and it doesn't really look like a bad necklace, considering its price. Yes, Cube Neck is better, but it has a 150m price tag on HT, I believe.

- I do plan on getting Ring Engraving; I just haven't started it yet. I forgot to mention that, sorry.
    Ill break it down as best as I can
    If you really wanted to make profit you would make and sell cogs. You can make 2-3 a day (They sell for 2mil+)

Heres what you need besides the regular items for getting to room 50.

about 1-1.5mil in coin to get from 51-60
    10 extra do-alls in case you land in room 58. ~400k coin cost
    CoF Secret Letter - Made from Celestial Insignias ~1mil coin cost

Totals out to about 2.5mil (NOT including cost to complete to room 50 twice.)
    (Profit of at least 1.5mil per run if you sold them)

Turn in the first room 50 for a cog.
    Go to room 1.
    Trade the Letter for the Cube block
    Run cube again.
    get another cog.
    get to room 60.
    Make the first working cog.
    AFK for 30minutes (make sure you acknowledge the popup box for the 30min timer to start)
    Make another Cog. And you're done.

Then you need the warsoul fragments. You can either
    A) Gamble them with mats for a chance to make them by BH NPC.
    B) Chip them

Chip cost breaks down to.

Warsoul: Ksitigarbha
    788Chips 16.875milCoins

Warsoul: Vajra
    788Chips 16.875milCoins

Warsoul: Avalokites (2)
    158Chips 3.375milCoins x2

Warsoul: Jakari (2)
    473 chips 10.125milCoins x2

Total Cost ~
    48mil for the Warsoul Fragments
    +35-40mil for the Cogs.

Hella a lot cheaper then 120mil+ don't you think?

Guide Below
    http://pwiguides.guildlaunch.com/gwiki/index.php?page_name=Cube_of_Fate%C2%A0Guide&gid=165743

-_-' cost difference between that and making your necklace is only 30-40mil.
    edited April 2012
    -_-' cost difference between that and making your necklace is only 30-40mil.

Sorry, I missed the total calcalation in your earlier post (I was going to read it in detail later).

EDIT: Got my bow to +10. Luckily, it only took 3 Tishas and 6 Mirages to get from +7 to +8 =) Took about a thousand to originally get it to +7. Guess I don't feel as bad paying 100 gold for two +10 Orbs.
  • unceuncerave
    edited April 2012
    Sorry, I missed the total calcalation in your earlier post (I was going to read it in detail later).

EDIT: Got my bow to +10. Luckily, it only took 3 Tishas and 6 Mirages to get from +7 to +8 =) Took about a thousand to originally get it to +7. Guess I don't feel as bad paying 100 gold for two +10 Orbs.

Happens.

Congrats.

GL on your next endeavours .