If enough people leave..

Elemental_w - Heavens Tear
Elemental_w - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
So if enough people are absent from the servers, do you think PWI would server merge?
Post edited by Elemental_w - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Blows - Dreamweaver
    Blows - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    b:sad
    So if enough people are absent from the servers, do you think PWI would server merge?

Nope maybe that what they want is for people to leave on their own so the can close down game
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited April 2012

A part of me does hope so, that they make a big server that is PVE, so I can grind again.

But my gut tells me that IF they ever do, they will make them a PVP with all the people from the PVP servers and a PVE one with all the PVE server players.

Q le Q, I am inverted in many ways, such as reaching my level and gear on PVP and then wishing for a solace of pve, grinding paradise and a place where I can just say MAH MOBS at anyone who tries to steal my grinding spot, let them gather them and just AoE oneshoot every living creature. Without turning red and remaining untouchable.

Happy new year!
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Nope maybe that what they want is for people to leave on their own so the can close down game

Nice theory
    it would explain lots of things
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    Nice theory

I hate you, your signature mesmerized me for a few minutes, all I could see or think was left, right, left, right, stupid loops, Where is my debugger?
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Nice theory

TBH, I get the feeling that this is exactly what PWE wants.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Windwake - Raging Tide
    Windwake - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    They had to do this on PW Malay. Not sure if they'd attempt it here though. I remember they used to say "They are gonna shut down the server!" on the Malay version...but it's still up lol. I don't think they are planning on shutting PW down while they still can make some money off of it while providing little to no service.
    "PWI has an F Rating with BBB"
    This doesn't surprise me at all...but what I fiind the most hilarious is that PWI tossed the thread into "The Lower Depths." Where it really belongs is the "Shame Corner for Corrupt Businesses" sub-forum. b:shutup

Windwake, a.k.a "Captain Obvious"
    Awaaaaay! *whoosh* b:cool
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2012

b:pleased___LOOOOLZZZzzz!!!!! !!! !! ! b:chuckle

What do ya mean.......b:sin__IF?! They LEAVE?!?!?b:dirtyb:laugh
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    They had to do this on PW Malay. Not sure if they'd attempt it here though. I remember they used to say "They are gonna shut down the server!" on the Malay version...but it's still up lol. I don't think they are planning on shutting PW down while they still can make some money off of it while providing little to no service.

Do you know if they merged to just one server (Mixing PVE and PVP) or keeping PVP and PVE people separated?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I still consider server merges to be the only fix to the game at this point, we have by far to many servers up and not enough competitive players for each server.

The only reason that factions dominate the map simply because if you can fill 80 people that wanted to win in TW and willing to gear up just for it then there was never enough on the other side to have the same will.

The chance of them merging isn't really high and so..the game will remain less fun for endgame players.

IMO there should only be 4 servers in total; 1 PVP and 1 of each destination (West Coast, East Coast and European)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited April 2012

The only ones able to merge would be the three West Coast PvE servers: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Servers#Character_Name_Exclusiveness

That means HT, Sanc, and Arch could be merged in the future.

I guess that means this thread can be closed, since there's not much applying to the general populace. b:chuckle
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    T.T I want a merge, or to move to a PVE, I will slay anything with my name and come victorious, earning my name and travelling rights.

Anything not to have trough the royal pain in the *** of trying to get another set of -9% / -12% chan gear

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Far as i can tell most people are leaving or will be leaving the game once a game not to be mentioned comes out.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    They couldn't even figure out how to properly fix a game breaking bug. Do you really think they know how to merge servers? b:chuckle
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    They couldn't even figure out how to properly fix a game breaking bug. Do you really think they know how to merge servers? b:chuckle

PWE has no (direct) control over gameplay issues. They do have control over the servers, and the pain of a server join has already been done by another Perfect World licensee (the one many of the early PWI players came from). So, yes, I suspect they could pull it off.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    just go to a private server there much better ran then theese servers and have actual customer support unlike the twits here who do nothing and lie to us all the time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    just go to a private server there much better ran then theese servers and have actual customer support unlike the twits here who do nothing and lie to us all the time

This^ +1, but I'll go to another game b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • XTrigger - Archosaur
    XTrigger - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    To be honest, they should have merged servers over a year ago, or not released Raging Tide and Arch servers.
  • sennosuke
    sennosuke Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Far as i can tell most people are leaving or will be leaving the game once a game not to be mentioned comes out.

u mean G-W-2? b:question b:avoid b:laugh

i heard that D3 was pretty good, too. the beta weekend event was awesome b:dirty
  • Otonio - Heavens Tear
    Otonio - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2012

I think this is exactly what's happening. Maybe not so they can "close it down," per se, but they just don't care about this game anymore. They have newer and "better" games to worry about, and PWI is old and their client base here isn't a priority for them anymore. If they stop responding to customer service complaints and they jack up prices to force people to charge zen or stop buying, and they stop trying to rectify glitches and problems that were their own fault in the game, they're just running out the clock. They're probably just letting nature take its course, so to speak.
    me lavo las manos con la sangre de newbitos
  • /ork - Harshlands4
    /ork - Harshlands4 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    sennosuke wrote: »

i heard that D3 was pretty good, too. the beta weekend event was awesome b:dirty

That's where I'm going (the first one), see you there b:victory
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I so wish that Sanctuary and RT would merge. b:cry
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Nope. PWE has already said there will be no server merges.

It's already too late. They should have started merging them sometime within the last 6 months to a year.

They don't want players who spent money on one server to join with others. They want the servers to completely die first.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    And then... one day.... you will be there all alone.... the best player in the game(and the last).... who then truely wins? The remaining player Duh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    They will not merge servers. They are probably gambling that when a server becomes destitute enough, its remaining players will hop on to the other more popular ones... and then proceed to charge zen to outfit their new toons all over again. They can then proceed to quietly shut that server down.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I suppose merging server would make things interesting.
    However, there are only 3 servers that seem to be capable of merging. It's beyond me why they did not apply this to the other servers as well.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Brain Power seems to be lacking in the majority of the PWE staff as well as the community. making everyone else lose braincells and causing further retardation of the human race. HURRAY!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    I think this is exactly what's happening. Maybe not so they can "close it down," per se, but they just don't care about this game anymore. They have newer and "better" games to worry about, and PWI is old and their client base here isn't a priority for them anymore. If they stop responding to customer service complaints and they jack up prices to force people to charge zen or stop buying, and they stop trying to rectify glitches and problems that were their own fault in the game, they're just running out the clock. They're probably just letting nature take its course, so to speak.

You're neglecting the fact that they have the same staff overall, and they're about as useful with their other games (if not less so), in my experience. Don't attribute to malice that which can be explained by sloth.

I seriously don't know what PWE's dysfunction is, but they seriously need to correct it.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Otonio - Heavens Tear
    Otonio - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You're neglecting the fact that they have the same staff overall, and they're about as useful with their other games (if not less so), in my experience. Don't attribute to malice that which can be explained by sloth.

I seriously don't know what PWE's dysfunction is, but they seriously need to correct it.

I guess what just baffles me is the inconsistency of customer service. Besides PWI, I've only played FW fleetingly, so I can't vouch for other games from PWE, but based on testimonies from friends and what I've read here in the forums, you can hardly expect fair and dependable service from the PWE "support"... even disregarding the fact that cash shoppers notoriously get better service.. I guess a good example would be the GM Support chat, which at first was a prominent icon, then a secondary option that you had to fight through ticket menus to find, and at last has been totally demolished (afaik).. now really your only option is a "3-4 business day" ticket.

To me it seems that they just don't care about their customers here anymore. Or if they did, I find it hard to believe they'd come to some of the resolutions that they have. (re: ff glitch, etc)
    me lavo las manos con la sangre de newbitos
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    Ariella_ - Lost City Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    So if enough people are absent from the servers...

Then we'd be bored D:
    <3 b:cute
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    sennosuke wrote: »

I see people talking about leaving even earlier for T.E.R.A. too. I'm really worried about the state of PWI after this, D3, and G.W.2 come out, let alone all the other hyped games.

Ill be interested come June how populated HL is. If Im on by myself, I guess Ill leave too.....