soo ... TW bids

2»

Comments

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    omg thread

just a note: i have nothing to do with my faction decisions,
    made this thread after a (relatively) new member asked in fac chat "why dont we attack more land per week?" ..he didnt know bidding was only enabled for one "oh"

lvl75 Archer lf alt FC @_@
    i didnt keep track of tw? which faction is weaker atm? spades or tempest?

oh to stay on topic...

so is there a way to have fun tw for everyone that doesnt involve "disband/leave you evil faction of evil!!!"?

the best thing for everyone in the dreamweaver tw scene would probably be a slightly stronger Dynasty -so they stay a chance to actually win- would make them attack on us too and ..well-. everyone happy
    but thats nothing we can take influence to, can we?
    i like potato
  • makinmantap
    makinmantap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If this thread is about DW server, then you guys better make a thread in your server sub forum
  • Kalish - Lost City
    Kalish - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If its so unmatched that its not even fun for either side, then someones attacking the wrong fac or their faction is just too strong.

Bingo. Hiding behind the "but this faction is full of all my friends" excuse means nothing when you continue to recruit every potential top TW player. If your faction is so good, close recruitment and wait for the #2 & #3 factions to catch up, then bid on them. Surprise! Fun TW again!

We all know PWI isn't going to do anything, if we want fun TW then we, the players, need to make it happen.
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If this thread is about DW server, then you guys better make a thread in your server sub forum

Hey, what for moderators are then? People are to lazy to type this qq againb:chuckle
    Are you sure tempest and spades will attack regen? cause idk seems like tempest and spades are enjoying tw with one another.

Why not, they still can have one on this week. If Tempest and Dynasty attack Regen and Spades attacks Tempest. Oh right u may want to attack Tempest, so its just gonna be another crystal bash:)
  • victor1337
    victor1337 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Until they change the way TW works (not likely really) then there will always be one dominant faction per server as they will lure/recruit/gain all the top players and things will just carry on the way they are, with no one being able to dislodge them.

People from both sides of the fence will qq over the lack of fun TWs, which is down to a lack of challenge. Hell, the most fun I had in a TW recently was on Lothranis last weekend when we were outnumbered and outgunned but had a blast for almost an hour and a half as we weren't that badly outnumbered or outgunned.

Steam roll TW's must be boring for the top faction, but they aren't going to leave any time soon, not least due to faction trials, etc.

Think the solution I have posted before is the way to go, with factions getting a penalty both on fund received from each land and also 10% penalty to all stats per land already held. Will make holding a lot of lands much more difficult and lead to a much more open map. Also make it so all of a guild's battles all start at the same time on the same day- so if you hold 6 lands and are attacking one, in theory you would face 7 battles and have a penalty of 60%..which makes a 40k barb 16k hp and alot more squishy.

Would be a hell of a lot more fun than the current situation which leads to utter boredom and people leaving the game.
  • Tyramera - Dreamweaver
    Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Leaving aside all the previous suggestions of player fixes to get around a terrible organized pvp game system ...

I'll just say that PWI really failed when it could not properly implement the promised 40v40 faction base wars, which would have allowed a lot more flexibility for factions to enjoy organized pvp - especially smaller factions.

Hell, all they really need to do is implement a "practice" TW feature where at any time two guild leaders could start a TW with no land at stake. Then many more factions could participate in fun TW, uneven factions could fight with different numbers on each side, factions could decide to have pvp wars instead of pulling catas, and different times could be used so Europeans could have organized pvp fun at a reasonable time of day. How hard can it be to implement something like that? The instance is already there.

They need to do things like that to extend the life of the game against new MMOs that allow much greater flexibility in organized pvp (e.g. a 2 week long server v. server v. server TW-like pvp that runs 24/7 - 'TW' whenever you want!). Instead they try to extend the life of the game by giving new skills that take six weeks to get (that'll keep people playing another 18 weeks!), putting on the worse versions of the dragon orb sales, and rolling out sexy fashion after sexy fashion. *sigh*
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    WHAAA?! Only 1 bid a week allowed?! COMPENSATIONb:angry
    /sarcasim
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    victor1337 wrote: »
    Until they change the way TW works (not likely really) then there will always be one dominant faction per server as they will lure/recruit/gain all the top players and things will just carry on the way they are, with no one being able to dislodge them.

People from both sides of the fence will qq over the lack of fun TWs, which is down to a lack of challenge. Hell, the most fun I had in a TW recently was on Lothranis last weekend when we were outnumbered and outgunned but had a blast for almost an hour and a half as we weren't that badly outnumbered or outgunned.

Steam roll TW's must be boring for the top faction, but they aren't going to leave any time soon, not least due to faction trials, etc.

Think the solution I have posted before is the way to go, with factions getting a penalty both on fund received from each land and also 10% penalty to all stats per land already held. Will make holding a lot of lands much more difficult and lead to a much more open map. Also make it so all of a guild's battles all start at the same time on the same day- so if you hold 6 lands and are attacking one, in theory you would face 7 battles and have a penalty of 60%..which makes a 40k barb 16k hp and alot more squishy.

Would be a hell of a lot more fun than the current situation which leads to utter boredom and people leaving the game.

Dont really like that idea as it would make me super squishy and a one shot. As for funds, we don't care about pay all it does it pay for 1/4 of our charm woot. But most common idea is to limit the amount of lands a faction may own. But then again people would still not attack top faction. There really isn't a problem with our opponents tbh, they have risen above us quite a few times before (beating us in tw i mean) if they can do it once they can do it again. Just my 2cents.

@CatManDoo ummm yeah but whose to say they will attack us, i personally think they'd have much more fun killing eachother.

This thread only went off topic after people started QQ-ing about our faction when a relative question was asked.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    There was one faction that we use to have 3hr wars with, now they just attacking baby factions, and the other 2 are attacking each other.
    When then the solution is easy. Your faction bids on a territory owned by that one faction you used to have 3 hr TW with.

If you're instead also bidding on territories owned by baby factions, then you are deliberately choosing easy money over fun TWs. If that's your choice, you have no grounds for complaining that the TWs are not fun. Your faction has decided that easy money is more important than a fun TW. The problem is entirely one of your own making. The solution is sitting in front of you every Thursday. All you have to do is choose it.
    This new "balance" actually made things worse for smaller factions. Its like a gold rush to see how much land a faction can get.
    How do you figure that?

Old TW: All of map owned by one or two dominant factions. Small factions' only way to TW is by getting ganked by a big faction.

New TW: Map owned by many factions. Small factions get to TW each other, sometimes get ganked by a big faction.

Sounds like an improvement for smaller factions.