Server Shut Down On HT server

13»

Comments

• MouseKiller - Heavens Tear
    MouseKiller - Heavens Tear Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    KRITTY, I ASKED A QUESTION....................lol nvm bro imma go to sleep instead.
  • VernoTech - Raging Tide
    VernoTech - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Sever Back
  • Shoenfein - Archosaur
    Shoenfein - Archosaur Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    True, but all important announcements are generally made on the forums first. That makes it the fastest way to learn what is happening in-game. I actually make it a habit to check forums for any game I really care about before I log in, just to know what's going on. Granted, that's very few games, but the concept is still sound.

Sorry, but no, it's not. Reading in-game messages is a faster way to find out what's going on in-game. It takes me less time to read "server is shutting down in 300 seconds" than it does for me to get out of the game, come to the forums and look.

And realistically, I could check at 1pm for an announcement, and one could be posted at 2pm. The only way to be truly sure I am up to speed is to check every 10 minutes. And that's certainly not fast.

You know how to send a "server shutdown in 300 seconds" message. It's an equal task to have the system display "server shutdown in 1 hour". Followed by a "server shutdown in 30 minutes". That's the FASTEST way to find out. And it's right where everyone that's in-game can see it, without needing to leave the game to find out what's going on.

And sorry by if you've ever waited 3 weeks for a game prize to be delivered, or watched for months to see people banned for ToS violations that never came, you know there's a disconnect between what GMs and Mods give information for, and what actually goes on. I don't read forums very often - like a lot of others. I check on Tuesday for maintenance. But outside of that, I'm not a forum Moderator. I am not looking for advice on how to run my toon. I'm not looking to listen to people complain about why they hate the game they never leave over and over. So I have no reason to come read the forums every day, every hour, to find out if something might be planned.

Post the warning in-game, and everyone playing knows. Simple. I would love to see the reaction if Lunar was BH and dozens of squads had paid 3m coins to open when you pulled an unexpected shutdown.
    Lvl 102 Resident of Lothranis

Smith 8 | Apoth 8 | Crafts 7 | Tailor 8 | Runes 6

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Sorry, but no, it's not. Reading in-game messages is a faster way to find out what's going on in-game. It takes me less time to read "server is shutting down in 300 seconds" than it does for me to get out of the game, come to the forums and look.

And realistically, I could check at 1pm for an announcement, and one could be posted at 2pm. The only way to be truly sure I am up to speed is to check every 10 minutes. And that's certainly not fast.

You know how to send a "server shutdown in 300 seconds" message. It's an equal task to have the system display "server shutdown in 1 hour". Followed by a "server shutdown in 30 minutes". That's the FASTEST way to find out. And it's right where everyone that's in-game can see it, without needing to leave the game to find out what's going on.

And sorry by if you've ever waited 3 weeks for a game prize to be delivered, or watched for months to see people banned for ToS violations that never came, you know there's a disconnect between what GMs and Mods give information for, and what actually goes on. I don't read forums very often - like a lot of others. I check on Tuesday for maintenance. But outside of that, I'm not a forum Moderator. I am not looking for advice on how to run my toon. I'm not looking to listen to people complain about why they hate the game they never leave over and over. So I have no reason to come read the forums every day, every hour, to find out if something might be planned.

Post the warning in-game, and everyone playing knows. Simple. I would love to see the reaction if Lunar was BH and dozens of squads had paid 3m coins to open when you pulled an unexpected shutdown.

The notice had been posted for several days... so if you can't go look at the forums for 2 seconds and see a global announcement on the forums than it is your own fault not pwe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Tainted$oul - Heavens Tear
    Tainted$oul - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    LOL Are you guys really this stupid? They announced on forums a couple days ago they were gonna do this. So yeah, this shut down was really "unannounced".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SmellsFishy - Dreamweaver
    SmellsFishy - Dreamweaver Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    +1
    Post the warning in-game, and everyone playing knows. Simple.
    +1

Weren't we reminded, by mods and GMs, often that only 10% of the playerbase visits the forum?

only 10% of the player base visits the forum
    announcements are posted on the forum
    therefore...
    only 10% of the playerbase sees the announcements posted on the forum

failed management = failed management
  • suicide5570
    suicide5570 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    day light savings
    b:angry
  • melanderi
    melanderi Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Closed for Necro- Don't bring back dead threads! Zombie threads will eat your braaaaaaaains...
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
This discussion has been closed.