[Maintenance + Patch Discussion] 4-24-2012 [COMPLETE]

Comments

• Ingrafer - Heavens Tear
    Ingrafer - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Right now we've got Tiger, Lion, Wolf, and Panda -- If it were up to you, what would the next animal-form for Barbarians be?

a Giraffe
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    squirrel b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Gorilla

You have an interesting sig.

We have green lions, tigers, pandas, and wolves for barbs sooooooooo.....I think perhaps a raccoon would be interesting however considering that PWE put motorcycles in a mystical medieval ancient fantasy game let's go with an extra-terrestrial. Something like Chewbacca from Star Wars.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Anerion - Lost City
    Anerion - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Koala or a Fox
    What is so wrong with grinding your way to the top?

Play'n since 2009-10-24
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hey all,

Right now we've got Tiger, Lion, Wolf, and Panda -- If it were up to you, what would the next animal-form for Barbarians be?

I've always said Eagle... but i'm afraid china probly wouldnt use an american symbol .. coz they jus hate that way (not unlike some factions in the RT server who constantly look for targets to consume with all their hate -- for example the factions vicku and pud-lover)

so since the eagle is out, then what about Hawk? or even Perigrine Falcon or Great White Owl or Osprey

b:bored
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • pinkyii
    pinkyii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    penguin
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hey all,

We'll be having maintenance tonight from 11pm-1am!

And as for tonight's maintenance question:

Koala
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Rhinoceros its a tank in real life.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • shayone19
    shayone19 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    how about a female Courgar. Or ANYTHING female....I wanna play a barb but meh feel funny playing a male toon
  • Duchess - Dreamweaver
    Duchess - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    a Fox

Uhum did u forget venos r the fox?
    squirrel

+ for this 1 b:dirtyb:heart
    "I'm bi-curious! And even that's okay, becase if I'm bi-curious and I'm somehow made from God, then I figure God might be a little bi-curious himself!" Words of wisdom from South Park. Letting everyone know its okay to be 'A Little Bi-Curious' b:mischievous

=^.^=ɷ I'm a lucky cat b:cute
  • Nefertitties - Heavens Tear
    Nefertitties - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    grizzly bear would be a pretty cool animal form
  • poorrboy
    poorrboy Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    make a (bigfoot) Sasquatch is a true barb lol
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    I want GM form, so we can fix the game....b:chuckle

Lost server dying thx to the private server vendetta .maybe you guys wanna get on top of that so people come back to pwi.Or bring back 2x drops for a month idk.game is close to being a ghost town -__-
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hey all,

a Husky (the dog)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Notion - Lost City
    Notion - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Eh, can't blame them for going. They joined under the promise that the game was pay for convenience and now changed to pay for power (Yes, I remember what you said in 2008 frankie). They went in search of competition, since the dichotomy between the average player and the heavy cash shopper is now so large that they might as well not even fight each other. Unlike back in the day when something like GriminflameZ vs Pandora would have been a good fight, the same two now with the same level of charging? Pandora would be a R8 +10/ +7 channel armor mage and Grim would be full R9 +10/12, anyone care to pretend that would be a good fight?

PS: By average player I mean charges ~50-100 every few months.

PPS: Stop giving us useless orb sales so I can finish my barbs ****ing gear. Seriously, getting old, half your player base left because they're not playing until there's an orb sale and they're able to be competitive again.
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, I know pandas already take the bear slot.. but a regular bear/bear would be a nice addition.

Alligator/dragon would be cool, but since all barbs transform into white tigers, bit of a stretch. (like a lion isn't)

..and hooray for charm/dorb sales!
  • Myelene - Lost City
    Myelene - Lost City Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i would like to see their true form reflect the animal they choose, being able to be a wolf or a panda in true form or a lion rather than having a new animal in humanoid form
  • Karmiel - Dreamweaver
    Karmiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    A BULL With nice sized horns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i would like to see their true form reflect the animal they choose, being able to be a wolf or a panda in true form or a lion rather than having a new animal in humanoid form

This..

**** new upright looks. Give us looks that reflect our upright looks when in true form. Its why when i first started game i quit playing barb when i learned i couldnt be a panda in true form. lol
  • eviltwin48415
    eviltwin48415 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    hmmm How about a Heliffino?

Could sort of be the PWE mascot.

I can see it know...

When is maint? Heliffino!

When is the magic shell buff bug going to be fixed? Heliffino!

When can we expect balanced gameplay? Heliffino!

When is the rubberbanding going to be looked at? Heliffino!

When is a GM going to answer my ticket? Heliffino!

Is the TOS ever going to be enforced again? Heliffino!

There ya go PWE... I give that to ya free of charge. b:bye
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Honestly, I'd like to see barbs more customizable...like fur color, etc, before I saw another version of them. They can't even have hair types currently. Someone suggested bear, but if we could change their color, it'd be nicer, and pandas could be other types of bears...
    b:surrender

I would like to add in stipe patterns, even if that meant we had to buy them from the catshop that would be okay with me. I am very tired of seeing the same tigerform barbarian running around. THEY ALL LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME. <==Obvious
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    hip... hiphop... hiphopanonyumous!....
    ok for real hippopotamus with hippo true form... i'd run away screaming >_>
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Any type that actually use a matching character model to transform into. White tiger for all is just devs being lazy.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Theoclese - Harshlands
    Theoclese - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Here is an Idea, instead of new human forms, how about we just concentrate on making the true forms match the correct human form. I mean, Lion, bam white tiger, WOlf, Bam white tiger, Panda bam...................yeah..... white tiger. See the pattern here? how about a opanda true form, A lion true form, and a wolf true form, and forget the white tiger all together? FTW!!!
  • Paikea_ - Archosaur
    Paikea_ - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Here's a better idea then coming up with a new animal for barbs. Fix the jones' page. Yeah yeah i'm aware there's the manual fixes players suggested and contacting support..but really...wouldn't it just be much simpler for everyone to just fix the thing? I've been gone from the game for nearly a month and i'm not sure but i feel like the jones' page was broken then too. o.o ffs pwi fix your ****.
    main:
    Paikea_ 10x demon archer

alts:
    Hydrophilic 10x demon sin
    Paiikea 9x demon cleric
    Esete 9x sage veno
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hey all,

I Suppose, Your Gonna Try to Make this!!?! 1 of the Ways! You'll Try Too DERAIL, the MALCONTENT MESS!! That You Guys Made!! And Supposedly Make Amends! for Your Not Upholding Your OWN {ToS} Rules!!!?!?!??b:scorn

My Choice woulda been, A FULL WOLF for a Barbs Animal MODE!! Rather than another Barb Form, that once again turns into a TIGER!!!!...... (You Don't need another type of {BarB~Were form} right now...)

And Veno, Woulda been a {FULL! LYNX!! Animal Form}b:sweatb:cold

PS:2Little, 2Late!!!!!!!!!!!

We Only Started ASKING You Guys! for ALTERNATE (FULL Animal! & WERE Forms!!) only a little Over 2~YEARS! AgO!!! "In Postings & on the threads".......

Youuu KINDA LIKE!! BATTING a 1,000!!! There! Now don't ya PWE!!!?????????

Offering even the Hint! Of a Chance!? For (NEW) Were forms! But Still No!! MATCHING ANIMAL MoDeS!? For SUB Typed (Species) UNTAMED CHARACTERs.......... b:spitb:surrender
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Different tiger forms would be better. A palette swap isn't that hard, they already have the mounts for it. Just give them unique stats.

White = Tank (what it is now) / 40% hp for sage or 100% damage for demon
    Yellow = Speed (aps, evasion + movespeed) / ? for sage/demon
    Black = Attack (opposite of white) / ? for sage/demon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    There are several things you could do, but I think the tanks should look more manly. More classy like the goldmane mount.

I think them transforming into a Jaguar, a Cheetah or even a Lion would be neat. Also, I don't understand why their "human" form is an animal. They can't wear anything on their heads or fix their hair or features. This is something that is long overdue for an update.

Their human form should be human... and maybe their morph could be the animal they chose.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hmm, what about a birdman? Like a hawk or eagle?

Otherwise, a panther/leopard would be neat :D Cheetahs don't seem sturdy enough to be barbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3