Too much DPS / DPH?

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    So if 6 people were hitting maybe 500-1ks sparked on a boss that has over 4.5mil hp... thats a lot longer then 1 sutra / AD duration.
    (figure 30ks from the group a second. That's still longer than 2minutes.Close to 3 minutes?)

Bramble would kill most of them before they even did a good dent into his hp.

Purely an example.

Also the bramble is not a constant buff, it ends rather quick, if bosses had longer duration like 1st trial mobs, forgot which element, then it would be more difficult.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Also the bramble is not a constant buff, it ends rather quick, if bosses had longer duration like 1st trial mobs, forgot which element, then it would be more difficult.

I believe that is earth or wood. Yes that is what I am implying.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    So if 6 people were hitting maybe 500-1ks sparked on a boss that has over 4.5mil hp... thats a lot longer then 1 sutra / AD duration.
    (figure 30ks from the group a second. That's still longer than 2minutes.Close to 3 minutes?)

Bramble would kill most of them before they even did a good dent into his hp.

Purely an example.

If I go from hitting a mob for 80ks down to 500-1k I will quit this game. You're damage reduction for the drop rates in TT is ridiculous. This wont hurt me either, I use it for coin, but guess who will suffer? Yep, the normal player that can't afford the gear I've established. You can't make it impossible for the best geared players, or everyone else (which is the majority) will also quit.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    There's just no easy way. Traz explained the most ideal situation of what would happen.

Nerf r9 gear to the point where tt99 does the same damage/defense? No point in people going r9. Make it unrealistically hard for r9 to damage mobs? "Normal" geared people would do even worse.

If r9 would do 500-1000 damage sparked, then tt99 sparked would do about 200-400. That's just wrong.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
    edited April 2012
    Then change it to where Attack / Defense levels is strictly a PvP stat. Like Slayer/Warding is Purely PvE. That would get rid of the huge advantage it has in PvE. While still nerfing it down to where they do about the same damage in PvE as "regular players". You would still have an advantage in PvP (where it matters). But not so much better in the PvE department. (making it slightly harder for everyone.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Then change it to where Attack / Defense levels is strictly a PvP stat. Like Slayer/Warding is Purely PvE. That would get rid of the huge advantage it has in PvE. While still nerfing it down to where they do about the same damage in PvE as "regular players". You would still have an advantage in PvP (where it matters). But not so much better in the PvE department. (making it slightly harder for everyone.

And yet again you have half the game (who spent tons of money / time getting r9 to farm faster) pissed and quit the game. On top of this you don't have ample alternative slaying level weapons (just one or two basically) to even replace them if you did this. And my sin has 20 atk lvl -int daggers. I would be beyond pissed. You're 0 for 2 so far, but unlike most people on the forums you're at least trying to give alternative solutions and not just ******** about it.

PS making certain stats PvP only is a waste for this game. The game is 80% PvE (even on PvP servers).
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Not only what Traz said, but that would make Rank EIGHT (8) recast better than r9.
    edited April 2012
    And yet again you have half the game (who spent tons of money / time getting r9 to farm faster) pissed and quit the game. On top of this you don't have ample alternative slaying level weapons (just one or two basically) to even replace them if you did this. And my sin has 20 atk lvl -int daggers. I would be beyond pissed. You're 0 for 2 so far, but unlike most people on the forums you're at least trying to give alternative solutions and not just ******** about it.

People will always complain no matter what changes come out if it doesn't benefit them. But at the same time if none are made to attempt to balance it at all we might as well say this is the last year PWI will be able to pull out of its life support state torwards death. I would be perfectly fine with losing that bonus on my sin. It makes it a little harder for me to do some of the instances. People complain they are bored all the time. Making this game harder will bring challenges. The people who would quit would quit for the wrong reasons. But /shrug.
    That's my 2 cents.

Easiest example. I bet a ton would QQ if the Lucid NPCs disappeared and people would demand they were given back... yet if they were never introduced no one would care because they wouldn't know about the chance for a SoT. ijs.
    Not only what Traz said, but that would make Rank EIGHT (8) recast better than r9.
    How so? Last I checked they don't get the new moria PvE stats?
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    People will always complain no matter what changes come out if it doesn't benefit them. But at the same time if none are made to attempt to balance it at all we might as well say this is the last year PWI will be able to pull out of its life support state torwards death. I would be perfectly fine with losing that bonus on my sin. It makes it a little harder for me to do some of the instances. People complain they are bored all the time. Making this game harder will bring challenges. The people who would quit would quit for the wrong reasons. But /shrug.
    That's my 2 cents.

Easiest example. I bet a ton would QQ if the Lucid NPCs disappeared and people would demand they were given back... yet if they were never introduced no one would care because they wouldn't know about the chance for a SoT. ijs.

I'll say it again, china is NOT going to unbalance their game to balance ours. They have their version under control. Our marketing team has ruined ours. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

edited April 2012
    I'll say it again, china is NOT going to unbalance their game to balance ours. They have their version under control. Our marketing team has ruined ours. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

We have things in our game they don't have in theirs and vice versa. They could easily recode something just for our game. (Example Hypers in FF isn't IN their game.)

Also that's the difference between some people. Some of us can accept opinions and try to throw other ones out there and be mature about it.... others well... no comment
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    We have things in our game they don't have in theirs and vice versa. They could easily recode something just for our game. (Example Hypers in FF isn't IN their game.)

That's not a complete game mechanic change. Their version still has hypers it's just turned off there. China is not putting 1000s of hours to balance a sister version of their own game. Our marketing team has turned this game into a joke, and China knows if they rebalance it they will just end up doing it again. China cares about the fat check they get every month/quarter/half year/year and that's it. That's just the flat out truth.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

edited April 2012
    That's not a complete game mechanic change. Their version still has hypers it's just turned off there. China is not putting 1000s of hours to balance our game that our marketing team has turned into a joke. China cares about the fat check they get every month/quarter/half year/year and that's it. That's just the flat out the truth.

Guess I'm just be stubbornly optimistic that a solution will come to pass that gives this game an overhaul and brings back player base. It's quite a unique game and I still enjoy it. Otherwise I would've left like so many did when they started turning P2W with anni packs.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012

I agree they will not give us a change that will negatively effect the CN version.

I will admit they have done a few - VERY few things differently on ours then theirs - but each of those things, (hypers in FC, ease of r9 etc....) are done to generate money.

No nerf is going to generate more money. Morai gear is made to be a good cheap source of end game farming gear (by all accounts the g12 lvl 95 stuff is more effective than tt99 at PvE) and it is easy to get what 10-15 quests to get all the peices if that many. Now the higher end morai gear is alot harder to get, but still it's designed to give you better PvE which is what the carebears asked for and what the carebears got.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'm saying again it's the defense that is the problem. There is no way to kill somoeone well-geared without the overwhelming offense you see in the game today. If you lower the offense without giving people tools to overcome defense then none of the best geared players would be able to kill eachother at all. Even with the Jones Blessing, I've seen plenty of R9 vs R9 1on1s that last for 20+ minutes already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I didn't read the entire thread but I get this stupid argument again about buffing bosses and/or nerfing APS...

Changing bosses purely to make APS less effective is stupid. People with good gear and high refines should expect bosses to die fast and for them to be able to survive bosses.

The bosses should only be changed to make other classes with high refines and good gear to be able to enjoy them, so it's not only APS classes face rolling them. Giving bosses more hp so a squad of high end characters can't kill it within one sutra duration just makes the instance more impossible for everyone else.

Making bosses more difficult without increasing the rewards is also a big mistake.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    How so? Last I checked they don't get the new moria PvE stats?

Rank 8 recast has better base stats than Rank 9. In terms of PvP, if all attack/defense levels turned into slaying/warding, then there wouldn't be any attack/defense levels in PvP. With R8r having better base stats than rank9, then that'll make rank 8 recast better than rank 9, which makes no sense, seeing how each progressive rank gear is better than the previous.

Example:
    R9 sin chest
    R8r sin chest

And the r8r daggers has about the same base damage as r9 daggers. R8r daggers can get GoF pretty easily too.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Rank 8 recast has better base stats than Rank 9. In terms of PvP, if all attack/defense levels turned into slaying/warding, then there wouldn't be any attack/defense levels in PvP. With R8r having better base stats than rank9, then that'll make rank 8 recast better than rank 9, which makes no sense, seeing how each progressive rank gear is better than the previous.

That would be epic. We can start calling rank 9, rCS (rank cash shop anyone?) because it would have absolutely no logical order in rank. b:shutup
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

edited April 2012

You didn't read my post corectly. I didn't say turn all attack/def levels into PvE stats. I said turn them into PvP only stats. and used slayer/warding as the example for the PvE stats.

That would lower the damage output in PvE that r9 gets for example. but w/e I feel I am going to give hopeless opinions that will be countered without a self opinion about an alternative fix.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    You didn't read my post corectly. I didn't say turn all attack/def levels into PvE stats. I said turn them into PvP only stats. and used slayer/warding as the example for the PvE stats.

That would lower the damage output in PvE that r9 gets for example. but w/e I feel I am going to give hopeless opinions that will be countered without a self opinion about an alternative fix.

30 less atk levels for a sin (using APS gear) is about 23% less damage? Any other toons in squads using G15 (bms other sins) wont even be effected in PvE. So I don't really consider that an effective nerf. That probably wont even make a small splash in the grand scheme of things, but it would be a PR nightmare for PWE. The other factor you need to keep in mind is the time obsessed culture we have. If we make things take longer the culture will be even more obsessed and would take r9 DD and r8 DD even less then they are now. Venos would be shoved out along with vit barbs and all that other jazz.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012

Ah, I didn't misread, but I typed the exact opposite of what I was going to. XD

Nonetheless, there's just no easy solution. You can't please everyone sadly. And at this point I don't really think PWE really cares about its player base anymore.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012

Nonetheless, there's just no easy solution. You can't please everyone sadly. And at this point I don't really think PWE really cares about its player base anymore.

Never mind, I just moved it to a new post everyone missed it. lol
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

edited April 2012
    30 less atk levels for a sin (using APS gear) is about 23% less damage? Any other toons in squads using G15 (bms other sins) wont even be effected in PvE. So I don't really consider that an effective nerf. That probably wont even make a small splash in the grand scheme of things, but it would be a PR nightmare for PWE. The other factor you need to keep in mind is the time obsessed culture we have. If we make things take longer the culture will be even more obsessed and would take r9 DD and r8 DD even less then they are now. Venos would be shoved out along with vit barbs and all that other jazz.
    I forget, I'm one of the few who still take non APS classes to things I run/do. b:surrender
    Most players would lose 30 just from Jones Blessing(+more from set bonuses/r9/etc) Making their gear only better then another players purely by grade level in PvE which isn't that drastic of a difference.

I know this isn't exactly their Flagship game anymore, but still changes have to be made. Let people QQ over it, and if we lose a few players to benefit the majority and get in more players to replace them and more... I guess perhaps my opinion is "biased" I'm sure because I didn't roll a fish as a main. But o well we will see how PWE survives the impact of the new releases coming out in the near future.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    I forget, I'm one of the few who still take non APS classes to things I run/do. b:surrender
    Most players would lose 30 just from Jones Blessing(+more from set bonuses/r9/etc) Making their gear only better then another players purely by grade level in PvE which isn't that drastic of a difference.

I know this isn't exactly their Flagship game anymore, but still changes have to be made. Let people QQ over it, and if we lose a few players to benefit the majority and get in more players to replace them and more... I guess perhaps my opinion is "biased" I'm sure because I didn't roll a fish as a main. But o well we will see how PWE survives the impact of the new releases coming out in the near future.

I'll throw you a bone. How about the more classes you take along with you the bigger a damage bonus you get / higher drop rates are? If you have a full rainbow squad you can achieve times that you get right now with a full APS squad, AND you get slightly better drops then now. This takes away the factor of solo'ing, duo'ing, trio'ing, class ignoring, and doesn't slow anyone down. You could also nerf individual damage some, but it gets made up by the squad bonus so it's not really a "nerf" per say.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    A Rainbow squad bonus would be cool, and not too difficult to add in since for Delta they do it, or did it, haven't done a non-Spawn Point delta in umm.... along time b:chuckle

Either a damage buff for the squad or increased drop rates would make it worth while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012

I'll throw you a bone. How about the more classes you take along with you the bigger a damage bonus you get / higher drop rates are? If you have a full rainbow squad you can achieve times that you get right now with a full APS squad, AND you get slightly better drops then now. This takes away the factor of solo'ing, duo'ing, trio'ing, class ignoring, and doesn't slow anyone down. You could also nerf individual damage some, but it gets made up by the squad bonus so it's not really a "nerf" per say.

You shouldn't be forced to take a rainbow squad. You shouldn't get massive damage increase just because you took a rainbow squad. Damage should come from gear and buffs because that's what you invested in your characters for. Other classes shouldn't get arbitrary damage bonuses just to balance APS. If that's the case, why not pop in 5 alts with no gear and face roll along anyway?

The bosses should simply be fun if you take any class.

Why is APS used so much?

1. Because most bosses are single target and stationary. You don't see archers or even BMs APS in PvP because people don't stand still and let you APS them.

2. Because most bosses are immune to disables. Some are even immune to amps. If a lot of skills don't even affect bosses, what else are you going to do?

3. Because bosses are so aggravating to fight when fights last too long.

The solution is simply to add more variety to bosses that allow every class to be able to contribute to boss fights. For example, some bosses should split into many entities, with each part having a faction of the total hp. Now AOEs from wizards and seekers make a difference while APS characters can kill them fast just the same.

Each boss should pace around or even teleport but be vulnerable to disables. Then your APS characters have to work together and time their stuns and freezes to take this boss down, or your party can have some ranged characters.

All bosses need a reduction of maximum hp as well as annoying attributes such as bramble, 5.0, periodic aoe seal etc. The idea is to make the bosses encourage teamwork, not make it a mad rush to kill it before it gives you a headache.

I do think a complete overhaul of bosses is probably expecting too much, maybe it can be part of the next big content update.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    A Rainbow squad bonus would be cool, and not too difficult to add in since for Delta they do it, or did it, haven't done a non-Spawn Point delta in umm.... along time b:chuckle

Either a damage buff for the squad or increased drop rates would make it worth while.

The fact is, it was NEVER implemented any suggestion(which requires change of code)by player base. Because they are not dev. They just taking what they get from China. So good suggestions will be never implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    You shouldn't be forced to take a rainbow squad. You shouldn't get massive damage increase just because you took a rainbow squad. Damage should come from gear and buffs because that's what you invested in your characters for. If that's the case, why not pop in 5 alts with no gear and faceroll along anyway?

The bosses should simply be fun if you take any class.

Why is APS used so much?

1. Because most bosses are single target and stationary. You don't see archers or even BMs APS in PvP because people don't stand still and let you APS them.

2. Because most bosses are immune to disables. Some are even immune to amps. If a lot of skills don't even affect bosses, what else are you going to do?

3. Because bosses are so aggravating to fight when fights last too long.

The solution is simply to add more variety to bosses that allow every class to be able to contribute to boss fights. For example, some bosses should split into many entities, with each part having a faction of the total hp. Now AOEs from wizards and seekers make a difference while APS characters can kill them fast just the same.

Each boss should pace around or even teleport but be vulnerable to disables. Then your APS characters have to work together and time their stuns and freezes to take this boss down, or your party can have some ranged characters.

All bosses need a reduction of maximum hp as well as annoying attributes such as bramble, 5.0, periodic aoe seal etc. The idea is to make the bosses encourage teamwork not make it a mad rush to kill it before it gives you a headache.

I never said you HAD to take a rainbow squad. I just said if you did you'd get bonuses.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Again, what's to stop people from just multi clienting a rainbow alt squad? The bonus of having other classes should come from the skills available to them, not some arbitrary bonus added just so you can compete with APS. The fact that you have a wizard or a psy in a squad (played by a player not following along) should be a bonus itself if PvE was balanced.

That means again, bosses should not be stationary single targets if you want other classes to be worth something in instances.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Again, what's to stop people from just multi clienting a rainbow alt squad? The bonus of having other classes should come from the skills available to them, not some arbitrary bonus added just so you can compete with APS.

That means again, bosses should not be stationary single targets if you want other classes to be worth something in instances.

A PQ-like system (they can use that basic code already) for each instance that shows them doing damage to the bosses. If someone is dedicated enough to run that many clients through and have them all on macros (through the seals and stuns and what not) then more power to them, but it's not going to be anywhere near as efficient as getting others to do it. You can't stop everyone, but you can stop the majority.

I came up with this system about a year ago in another major thread talking about APS and solo'ing.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Bare with me I'm not sure I can explain this clearly lol.

When you use an Eye of Observation on someone, it brings up Damage Index and Survival Index. Would there not be some way of incorporating this into each instance where there was different brackets of difficulty depending on what each total index was for the squad?

To combat R9 sins or something abusing this and going to solo a super easy instance, make each instance require a minimum of 4 people. It's an MMO, 90% of instances should be done with the community not alone. Even if they multi logged 4 accounts, the index/difficulty would be 4x what the lone sin could survive.

It has alot of kinks lol :P But I think it's a reasonable start of an idea b:surrender