R9 chestplate gone!!!

Nimphe - Archosaur
Nimphe - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
Hi everyone,

this is my first thread so i just wanna let you all know that my in game husband just lost his R9 chestplate after doing a faction trial, ppl said is a glitch and stuff, so he contacted the GM's and his chestplate will be replaced but apparently just the chestplate, whitout the refines that he had or 1 JoSD and 3DoT's...
anyway... they wanted a screenshot as a proof, wich ofcourse he didn't had, honestly who will screenshot his gear, gear that is not supposed to be discardedb:surrender
i'm a R9 aswell so i'll just screenshot my gear for safety... just wated to let you all know how things are working
Post edited by Nimphe - Archosaur on

Comments

• RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hmm i was unaware of this glitch. And they do NOT need a screenshot. Their database would show what the gear was and how it was refined/sharded. They just being ***** -_-
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    sounds like a good policy if you want your paying customers to go elsewhere
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hi everyone,

this is my first thread so i just wanna let you all know that my in game husband just lost his R9 chestplate after doing a faction trial, ppl said is a glitch and stuff, so he contacted the GM's and his chestplate will be replaced but apparently just the chestplate, whitout the refines that he had or 1 JoSD and 3DoT's...
    anyway... they wanted a screenshot as a proof, wich ofcourse he didn't had, honestly who will screenshot his gear, gear that is not supposed to be discardedb:surrender
    i'm a R9 aswell so i'll just screenshot my gear for safety... just wated to let you all know how things are working

From what I've heard from many players' ticket experiences, some GMs are **** and some GMs are more agreeable. If you get a **** response send another ticket and hopefully a better one chances upon your ticket.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • God_Exiler - Sanctuary
    God_Exiler - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ah yes the entitlement generation
    No
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    So your husband lost something which he should keep until the server shuts down, and in zen terms would cost around $250? Nice. And the GM's won't reimburse him for a fault on their part (being clientside)? Nice. Last time I checked, that could be considered a scam ..
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    So your husband lost something which he should keep until the server shuts down, and in zen terms would cost around $250? Nice. And the GM's won't reimburse him for a fault on their part (being clientside)? Nice. Last time I checked, that could be considered a scam ..

This +1, Players are getting scammed in more ways...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • _DarkThorn_ - Harshlands
    _DarkThorn_ - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Seem like lots people are losing r9 gear which are bound i think theres something very wrong out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Can't wait for a GM reply to this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Can't wait

Indeed.

Literally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i bound my entire r9 set.I wonder if i can recast it.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i think ill screenshot all my sharded gear today....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ingrafer - Heavens Tear
    Ingrafer - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    How does this even happen? But what most surprises me is that they asked for a screenshot as proof, like wtf? I guess we'll all have to screenshot our gear now, even if you don't have R9. -_- What next PWI?
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If you pay for this game you're a fool. So yeah ...
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I want a GM statement on if such a situation happens involving refines/sharding, are we required to have a screenshot as proof in case something happens, or do you have "logs" that show a history on a player's gear?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I want a GM statement on if such a situation happens involving refines/sharding, are we required to have a screenshot as proof in case something happens, or do you have "logs" that show a history on a player's gear?

If they truly require screenshots for this, this is unacceptable. It also would leave the system wide open for exploitation, since any monkey can install a private server, power up a character to 101+, give itself r9+12/shards and take a screenshot and claim it to be gear they lost on the official version. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If they truly require screenshots for this, this is unacceptable. It also would leave the system wide open for exploitation, since any monkey can install a private server, power up a character to 101+, give itself r9+12/shards and take a screenshot and claim it to be gear they lost on the official version. b:sad

Bam....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Nimphe - Archosaur
    Nimphe - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    yes he lost the chestplate, he never asked for something more than what he had, just to get it back as IT WAS... i don't know, it seems he will get it back tomorrow... i'll let everyone else how and what he got
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If I had 1 JoSD and 3 DoT on my chestplate, I'd want it gone too. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    All R9 gear should be bound right away(Same goes for any untradable endgame gear).

Off course if that was really a glitch probably bound or not won't have make any difference...
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited April 2012

They have logs. I remember my friend got "****" and lost most of his gear. They were able to track it and return it. But this was like 2.5 years ago when GMs weren't useless.
  • DreamDrops - Dreamweaver
    DreamDrops - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    This glitch is happening frequently it seems, my ingame Hubby lost his 'Shatterer' Bow on tele out of cube along with its refines & shards - Just vanished from inventory, & was equipped at the time - after sending in ticket several days later got a Lunar weapon token to replace basic bow - minus all refines & shards.
    There are NO Adults in this World,

Just old Children, with Wrinkles b:chuckle
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I left TT yesterday and my tome vanished. Which kind of freaked me out, ok so it's not a pangu or a love but hey it's my tome. Bound it all time ago when pk was actually common other than at West or Silver Pool so I knew I didn't drop it and it wasn't in my inventory So I checked the other toons on my account (I account stash) it wasn't there or in the stash. When I logged back to my cleric what do you know but it was back b:thanks but man I was upset there for a bit, can't imagine how people with r9 feel with it vanishing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I've heard of these since the first days I was playing so I ended up taking screenshots of my gear and fashion because...you never know.

If they don't replace a piece of gear along with the refines and shards, they are being ***** though.If it's some +3 or let's say +5 it'd be ok but a +10 with some serious shards.... -.-

I'll agree with Quilue though. Seems like there are GMs who don't give a damn and GMs that actually help.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If you pay for this game you're a fool. So yeah ...

If you pay for this game you're the only one actually getting semi decent support.

IJS
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Otonio - Heavens Tear
    Otonio - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    they have all that stuff logged.

my friend claimed they "lost" their wings and that they "disappeared" from their inven, and yet when he sent a ticket, the GMs were able to come back and say, "oh, well, actually, you dropped ___ wings from your inventory on March 3rd 2011 at 6:06pst at so and so coordenates in south archosaur and then they were picked up by so and so at 6:07pst" etc etc. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have a record of when and where and to what level you refined, when you imbued gems, etc.

know any lawyers? ;)
    me lavo las manos con la sangre de newbitos
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    They have logs. I remember my friend got "****" and lost most of his gear. They were able to track it and return it. But this was like 2.5 years ago when GMs weren't useless.
    I agree. I accidentally erased mail which had TT green sword. They returned it to me. BUT it was also 2.5 year ago.
    Recently I lost I don't know how the 4th map OHT belt. I got to circle of arguments with GMs and I NEVER got it back. Customers service is DEAD nowadays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If you pay for this game you're the only one actually getting semi decent support.

IJS

This.

The response from GMs are just too spontaneous and weird.. They do things like this, giving back the unrefined/unsharded r9 gear, or as someone else said, a Lunar Weapon Insignia in replace of a bow with its shards and refine.

Then there's a close friend of mine whose +10 Striking Dragons fists got glitched and its refine went to 0 (he was teleporting out of somewhere, no where close to a refining NPC), so he sent in a ticket and the GM sent him TEN (10) +10 Dragon Orb Oceans as compensation. And his fists were already +5 by the time that happened, so he received at least 5 of those orbs for free.

GMs.. I don't understand them sometimes.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ^

That's because they're different GMs. Some just do things differently than others.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ^

That's because they're different GMs. Some just do things differently than others.

The one who responded to my friend must be very nice or something, because he wasn't a cash shopper at all.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    GM sent him TEN (10) +10 Dragon Orb Oceans as compensation. .

I really hope those things were bound...otherwise, he just got a lot of free coins. b:laugh