Marine vs Vindicate 21Apr12

Options
Boartracker - Raging Tide
Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Tideswell (East)
This one is short but shows what happened during the 1 hr 11 min Marine defense. Thank you for the TW, Vindicate. (Is it just me, or do you guys have a lot of characters named after beewbies?) It was a fun fight and we learned a lot.

Marine vs Vindicate

I used a Blues Brothers track & WMG has the video muted. Will see if I can get around to putting an original Sam & Dave version on it to put the '60's music theme back. Sorry for the 'silent' movie.

I'm sorry, Revolt, that we didn't quite have enough TWers for a dual fight. We'll be seeing you soon, I'm sure.

If you guys are getting tired of seeing a 6k HP player die from 10k damage, feel free to donate d'orbs & cannies. b:laugh The longer I live means longer video clips and that means you have a better chance of being discovered on YouTube.

b:bye
Post edited by Boartracker - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Nigoshi - Raging Tide
    Nigoshi - Raging Tide Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    looks like a very empty instance D: good fight though
    Wait...Wait...There will be large posterior wenches?! -Impatiens

youtube.com/NigoshiPwiRT - Blademaster PvP videos and TW
  • Pig - Raging Tide
    Pig - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    we were only 27 there, we lasted as long as we could
  • ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide
    ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    was a good fight. enjoyed dropping some nukes :3
  • Rawrgasm - Lothranis
    Rawrgasm - Lothranis Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    This one is short but shows what happened during the 1 hr 11 min Marine defense. Thank you for the TW, Vindicate. (Is it just me, or do you guys have a lot of characters named after beewbies?) It was a fun fight and we learned a lot.

Marine vs Vindicate

I used a Blues Brothers track & WMG has the video muted. Will see if I can get around to putting an original Sam & Dave version on it to put the '60's music theme back. Sorry for the 'silent' movie.

I'm sorry, Revolt, that we didn't quite have enough TWers for a dual fight. We'll be seeing you soon, I'm sure.

If you guys are getting tired of seeing a 6k HP player die from 10k damage, feel free to donate d'orbs & cannies. b:laugh The longer I live means longer video clips and that means you have a better chance of being discovered on YouTube.

b:bye

Some friendly advice:

1. Zoom out a bit so you have better vision on who's attacking you and who you can attack.

2. Use your camera angle (right mouse click) to spin around to see who you're attacking and to constantly check for characters who could potentially snipe you.

3. Remember to keep your fire buff on it was off during a number of clips.

4. Remember to use your charms and use apothecary (best you keep a magical charm ticked on if you're running to a point etc so you don't get one shot)

5. If your engaging in a fight which has a few opponents remember to cast wings of grace hell with your HP if you time a charm + a WoG you could survive a potential death long enough for someone to back you up.

6. Try to get some fluidity you keep your camera angle in 1 spot and spam quickshot/stunning/sharptooth. Examples.. if it's heavy put a thunderous blast on them if its a BM with phys marrow use metal attacks and vice versa.

7. I couldn't tell if you knew this from the video but if you attack someone on the ground from the air you do half damage so your nerfing yourself very bad there.

Hope these help you out and would like to see you improve :)
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ^ To add onto that, using the "search for nearby players" user interface is pretty useful too. It's hotkey "t" as default, and basically you can filter out which players to search for. As a sin I filter out every character except for other Assassins and Clerics, as those are an Assassin's primary targets.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Bellefleurs - Raging Tide
    Bellefleurs - Raging Tide Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    b:cry I somehow deleted my video. QQQQ

Fun TW even though we had less than 27 ppl there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired nonfactor archer.
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Some friendly advice:

Hope these help you out and would like to see you improve :)

Rawr,

Thank you for the information. Yes, I've heard that before, I'm still a TW noob and trying to get it all together in there which takes a bit of practice. There is a lot more going on inside a TW than meets the eye on a video. :) Def charms, Debuff Bow/ Damage bow, apoth/ genie/ healing, mana, skill per target, run between shots, buffs, track squad movements, pass squad orders, assist atks, the later comers and questions :) Add lag on top of that and it's a fun mess. I'll get better at TW and recording with practice, I hope.

Saki,

Thank you as well. I've got casters/ arcane, sins, archers & BM non-members selected. It just seems like in the smaller TWs we've had, you need to kill everyone or help kill and let PWI sort them out ;) It seems like that would be easier with the larger number of participants. So far, we've had a visit from 50+ folks max which was great fun. I found it easier to go for class specific with the larger number of guests. I'll work on that as well :)

Bell,

I'm sorry you lost your video clips. I'd offer you mine; but, I had a lot of "dead time" thanks to you. :) i'm doing some remodeling in the front bathroom, so I will have some new items to throw at you since the kitchen sink didn't seem to hurt you this last weekend. It was fun and even our 1st timers enjoyed the TW. Pass on my thanks to your members for the TW. We'll eventually get better at TW play.

b:thanks b:bye
  • Rawrgasm - Lothranis
    Rawrgasm - Lothranis Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Rawr,

Thank you for the information. Yes, I've heard that before, I'm still a TW noob and trying to get it all together in there which takes a bit of practice. There is a lot more going on inside a TW than meets the eye on a video. :) Def charms, Debuff Bow/ Damage bow, apoth/ genie/ healing, mana, skill per target, run between shots, buffs, track squad movements, pass squad orders, assist atks, the later comers and questions :) Add lag on top of that and it's a fun mess. I'll get better at TW and recording with practice, I hope.

Saki,

Thank you as well. I've got casters/ arcane, sins, archers & BM non-members selected. It just seems like in the smaller TWs we've had, you need to kill everyone or help kill and let PWI sort them out ;) It seems like that would be easier with the larger number of participants. So far, we've had a visit from 50+ folks max which was great fun. I found it easier to go for class specific with the larger number of guests. I'll work on that as well :)

Bell,

I'm sorry you lost your video clips. I'd offer you mine; but, I had a lot of "dead time" thanks to you. :) i'm doing some remodeling in the front bathroom, so I will have some new items to throw at you since the kitchen sink didn't seem to hurt you this last weekend. It was fun and even our 1st timers enjoyed the TW. Pass on my thanks to your members for the TW. We'll eventually get better at TW play.

b:thanks b:bye

If you take the advice the more knowledgeable players give you instead of trying to be an elitist you will learn and develop very quickly and I'm sure you will improve in coming videos which i look forward i love seeing someone develop.

Just re-read that it may have sounded like i was calling you an elitist I'm not you're doing it right taking in the advice given and hoping to implement it :)

all the best.