1st Official 1v1 and 6v6 PvP Tournament

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    This I would love to see if the player knew their class.

Cheze would 1v1 very well geared end-gamers with his starter weapon for the lulz and usually win, so that's not a challenge.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Cheze would 1v1 very well geared end-gamers with his starter weapon for the lulz and usually win, so that's not a challenge.

Is everyone on his server as poor of a player as people make out?
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Is everyone on his server as poor of a player as people make out?
    ^
    Not to "bash" the sin. But if they knew how to play their class they shouldn't really have an issue with an assassin.... ijs

Back on topic. Any other suggestions? People are being too cheap to want to pay for cheap gear they will "toss away" after, that would also allow any player to enter. (Splitting by gear is too difficult since some classes have mixed pieces.(can't afford a full set right away.) as well as refine / gem advantages some would have over others. (This is ok for 1v1s.)
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
    edited April 2012
    Hate to double post, but bump. I have a lot of different players who are interested in this for it to die already. >_>
    /stubborness
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    No genies is a ridiculous rule. A major major part of pking is building and using a genie correctly; what *skill* do you want to see, that involves not using genie? Worthless! Has no real application to PK or TW skill, because in those settings everybody uses genies.

Change that, and I might be interested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
    edited April 2012
    No genies is a ridiculous rule. A major major part of pking is building and using a genie correctly; what *skill* do you want to see, that involves not using genie? Worthless! Has no real application to PK or TW skill, because in those settings everybody uses genies.

Change that, and I might be interested.

Perhaps you weren't around before genies were implemented. But it made it a bit more challenging back in the day. And I watched 2 r9s go at it for over 30 mins (they gave up because their charms finally expired.) One was a barb the other was a BM. If it wasn't for the genies it wouldn't have lasted as long. Let me guess though out of curiosity. Stealth / Double spark / Occult Ice / auto attack? :D

Majority asked me to leave genies out. If you get enough to say otherwise Ill change that rule as we change others to make it better.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Perhaps you weren't around before genies were implemented. But it made it a bit more challenging back in the day.

I can guarantee he wasn't around before genies. He's a sin. There weren't any sins back then. That's actually the point though... it's pretty much impossible to break the stun lock of a sin without a genie for most classes.

I think when my faction did an NPC-gear pk tournament noone was able to kill the barbs. We tried bringing it back at one point but never found a way to fix the problems. We ended up doing a cube race to room 50 instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited April 2012
    I can guarantee he wasn't around before genies. He's a sin. There weren't any sins back then. That's actually the point though... it's pretty much impossible to break the stun lock of a sin without a genie for most classes.

I think when my faction did an NPC-gear pk tournament noone was able to kill the barbs. We tried bringing it back at one point but never found a way to fix the problems. We ended up doing a cube race to room 50 instead.

Well its a team based event. Have an assist attack out on the sin and knock it out of the match early, or Have a BM around for CC (like it was ment for). That's all I will say about that.

Yes the NPC gear is being scratched and working for other ideas.
    Cube run events have been done by GM's before where they had prizes for the first person to get there with a certain NPC purchased Item they announced in WC. >_>

Currently obvious flaws are
    Gear everyone can use without being too ineffective or too "expensive".
    Guarantee people won't switch out gear during fights.

Think that's it atm.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• XCurse - Dreamweaver
    XCurse - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i have some suggestions here

in term of armor you can do TT90 Green set (can be mixed if ppl want to)
    weap can be TT80 gold or green
    rings tt80 rings (can be obtain from token shop)
    orn can be anything at lv80 and below (TT , legendary or 3 stars)
    helm and cape can be npc one i guess i cant find any cheap one that can be used by everyone.
    Blessing up to player can pick either one or both

gears can be refined up to +5 but no shards to make it fair to all.
    and there should be a sin judge to check ppl inventory before start to prevent swap orns during fight.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Guarantee people won't switch out gear during fights.

Not that I'm particularly interested in PK, but what about HA/AA venos whose play style revolves around switching out equipment?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited April 2012
    i have some suggestions here

in term of armor you can do TT90 Green set (can be mixed if ppl want to)
    weap can be TT80 gold or green
    rings tt80 rings (can be obtain from token shop)
    orn can be anything at lv80 and below (TT , legendary or 3 stars)
    helm and cape can be npc one i guess i cant find any cheap one that can be used by everyone.
    Blessing up to player can pick either one or both

gears can be refined up to +5 but no shards to make it fair to all.
    and there should be a sin judge to check ppl inventory before start to prevent swap orns during fight.

@above.
    What about no blessing?
    Gear will still cost a couple mils (Which sure you could resell it but.. not everyone has the spare coin to dump into it and wouldn't be the most beneficial for the higher leveled players. Thought might be ok for the 8x and maybe 9x tier)

Perhaps a screenshot of an empty inventory besides the necessities such as GS / apoth / pots / etc. would solve the issue of gear swapping. Players are not allowed to leave the area after they are there.
    Not that I'm particularly interested in PK, but what about HA/AA venos whose play style revolves around switching out equipment?

You could can say that about most PK players. (Some switch out genies / ornaments / gear / etc) depending on the opponent. Limiting that would make the player have to think what would be best for each round. (If opponent team was stacked with more arcanes then magic ornaments for example.)
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• XCurse - Dreamweaver
    XCurse - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    @above.
    What about no blessing?
    Gear will still cost a couple mils (Which sure you could resell it but.. not everyone has the spare coin to dump into it and wouldn't be the most beneficial for the higher leveled players. Thought might be ok for the 8x and maybe 9x tier)

Perhaps a screenshot of an empty inventory besides the necessities such as GS / apoth / pots / etc. would solve the issue of gear swapping. Players are not allowed to leave the area after they are there.

You could can say that about most PK players. (Some switch out genies / ornaments / gear / etc) depending on the opponent. Limiting that would make the player have to think what would be best for each round. (If opponent team was stacked with more arcanes then magic ornaments for example.)

ok another thought then
    how about u stick with npc gears and just go with lower lv weap? would that make u get 1 shot too? need testing
    e.g hell/heaven gears with lv80s weapon. idk if this would be enough to take down barbs tho. it might work on preventing getting 1 shot but not firepower to kill barbs
    edited April 2012
    ok another thought then
    how about u stick with npc gears and just go with lower lv weap? would that make u get 1 shot too? need testing
    e.g hell/heaven gears with lv80s weapon. idk if this would be enough to take down barbs tho. it might work on preventing getting 1 shot but not firepower to kill barbs

I've seen a Wizard 1 shot a group with BIDS using an npc weapon.
    I've seen a Barb 1 shot a group with Arma.
    etc etc

Issue comes with finding a good balance of offense and defense that the fight would last at least a few minutes at least, without costing the contestants more coin to make the gear then the potential 1st place prize.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited April 2012
    Bump to put this back on page 1 with the QQ Dorb sale threads.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    lol i love how asterelle's trying to give kawaii ideas. Just forget it man, this kid probably PvE'd his entire life anyway and can't understand what your'e trying to say about pvp. No genie allow is actually annoying, not fun. Especially even in group pk.
    Assassin in npc gears: chill for +30 more attk lvl, 2 spark, frenzy, tangling, EP aoe, 1 more hit GG. Stealth back for 30 sec "enough to inner harmony + 1 spark from force stealth, repeat n face-roll. And with no genie allow, there is no way your team can save u, especially if you're a squishy wiz in npc gears without genie. b:bye
    edited April 2012
    lol i love how asterelle's trying to give kawaii ideas. Just forget it man, this kid probably PvE'd his entire life anyway and can't understand what your'e trying to say about pvp. No genie allow is actually annoying, not fun. Especially even in group pk.
    Assassin in npc gears: chill for +30 more attk lvl, 2 spark, frenzy, tangling, EP aoe, 1 more hit GG. Stealth back for 30 sec "enough to inner harmony + 1 spark from force stealth, repeat n face-roll. And with no genie allow, there is no way your team can save u, especially if you're a squishy wiz in npc gears without genie. b:bye

What is this.. I don't even....
    http://i50.tinypic.com/34spehc.jpg

There's a reason there would be skill restrictions. And If you see the gear concept is under construction again.
    Back to Your private server.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Assassin in npc gears: chill for +30 more attk lvl, 2 spark, frenzy, tangling, EP aoe, 1 more hit GG. Stealth back for 30 sec "enough to inner harmony + 1 spark from force stealth, repeat n face-roll. And with no genie allow, there is no way your team can save u, especially if you're a squishy wiz in npc gears without genie.

With no genie, there's no frenzy or tangling mire. Your argument fails.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    What is this.. I don't even....
    http://i50.tinypic.com/34spehc.jpg

There's a reason there would be skill restrictions. And If you see the gear concept is under construction again.
    Back to Your private server.

42. KawaiiJen 105 2168 Archer Heavens Tear
    Go do some pk before you make official tournument b:bye

@ Mayfly: u dont even need tangling mire / frenzy and do the above = GG.
    edited April 2012
    Go do some pk b:bye

I do every day. Rolled Muttz 105 sin 3 times yesterday with no trouble.
    Not all of us kill farm noobs (Like half the list on there.) Mind you they lost some of the PK kills when the Ranking system was screwed up. Just an FYI.
    Go play your private server now. The skill restrictions is to make a balance and more enjoyable tournament.

Back on topic.

Need more gear suggestions.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    I do every day. Rolled Muttz 105 sin 3 times yesterday with no trouble. Go play your private server now. The skill restrictions is to make a balance and more enjoyable tournament.

Back on topic.

Need more gear suggestions.

I may play a private server, but atleast i know how pvp works. And i bet you do roll all the classes on your server. <sarcasm>

P/S: 42. KawaiiJen 105 2168 Archer Heavens Tear
    edited April 2012
    I may play a private server, but atleast i know how pvp works. And i bet you do roll all the classes on your server. <sarcasm>

P/S: 42. KawaiiJen 105 2168 Archer Heavens Tear

Forum join date =/= game play date.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Forum join date =/= game play date.

Your point is, you were trolling around on forums before you actually even played the game and had any idea about it? proves my point. Maybe if you spend more time doing 'pk and playing pwi' in-game and less on forums, you would make more sense about things you post here.
    edited April 2012
    Your point is, you were trolling around on forums before you actually even played the game and had any idea about it? proves my point. Maybe if you spend more time doing 'pk and playing pwi' in-game and less on forums, you would make more sense about things you post here.

Wrong actually I didn't bother putting my first forum post here until I was in my 60s-70s about getting interval stacked gear (when It was still laughed at) but that's ok think what you want about a player on a server you don't even play on while you play your fake version. :>
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Wrong actually I didn't bother putting my first forum post here until I was in my 60s-70s about getting interval stacked gear (when It was still laughed at) but that's ok think what you want about a player on a server you don't even play on while you play your fake version. :>

So you mean you were playing before before that date? and your status is:

OK...i'll just go back to my fake server now, i see where its going LOL.
    edited April 2012
    So you mean you were playing before before that date? and your status is:

OK...i'll just go back to my fake server now, i see where its going LOL.

You seem to have issues reading. I didn't kill farm like most of that list. (about 2-3k kills were lost when the pk ranking got screwed up a while back. And last I checked Kill count doesn't matter. Quality over Quantity. That and some of us have lives and don't spend 24/7 on a game ;)

Going by how you consider what matters(Look at KDR.) /Which also a laugh

4. KawaiiJen 105 4.0 Archer Heavens Tear
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    You seem to have issues reading. I didn't kill farm like most of that list. (about 2-3k kills were lost when the pk ranking got screwed up a while back. And last I checked Kill count doesn't matter. Quality over Quantity. That and some of us have lives and don't spend 24/7 on a game ;)

It's okay, i wouldn't take anyone from Heaven Tears seriously discussing PvP.

Nice status again.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    What qualifies someone from Sanctuary over someone from Heavens Tear to talk about PVP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    Im laughing at this point. :P

Hes trying to troll me to make me upset.
    Since he plays a private server I give him no creditability. b:chuckle
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    let's just say i troll around every server on lvl 1 cleric to watch pvp for fun and to observe play-style of that particular server. didn't find anything interesting down heaven tears ever.

oh and did u know i started p-server 2 days ago only? should come join me there and we could 1on1 sometimes, all players have equal gears status making pvp fun!
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    let's just say i troll around every server on lvl 1 cleric to watch pvp for fun and to observe play-style of that particular server. didn't find anything interesting down heaven tears ever.

oh and did u know i started p-server 2 days ago only? should come join me there and we could 1on1 sometimes, all players have equal gears status making pvp fun!

So you watching peoples "play-styles" Ill assume you went to west gate which is a joke of an area to watch PvP. All thats there usually are sins stealth killing noobs, Top Tier faction vs a few, and RARELY a decent 1v1 fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory