Too much DPS / DPH?

Options
mm2000
mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
Honestly... This is beyond ridiculous with DPS/DPH... Here are some vids

Seriously... a 100 5.0 cash shop sin showing off on 71 OHT culti? Fail... but look at the damage done...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxxcvV_yrJI&feature=related

Another cash shopped 5.0 sin soloing a place that is easily soloed at 85
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q98DQ8ErGBA&feature=related

Here's some more proof of an 85 seeker soloing the whole FC showing tutorials
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhLRkAaeDnY

Seeker soloing PV, really amazing to watch but PV is easy as heck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF6imgVSf-8&feature=relmfu

Nirvana facerolled in 4 minutes... I think I remembered a squad 3 sins, 2 BMs and 1 veno do it in 2 minutes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd-JzCLmCC4

Caster nirvy facerolled pretty quick, clerics unite!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhxZuYs5z8A&feature=related

More nirvana under 4 mins!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7hqklSZr80&feature=related

There is some Armageddon damage log on barbs.

A BM faceroll a sin in a matter of seconds on most of the duels.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpDyipFGf10&feature=related

I don't want to make too much of a wall of links... You get the idea.
Post edited by mm2000 on

Comments

• BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    And the point is?
    You expect people to spend insane amounts of money without a proper gain?
    Getting rank 9 cost over a billion and half coins,would you expect it to be "just a little" better than Rank 8 that cost *only* 100M?
    mm2000 wrote: »
    Honestly... This is beyond ridiculous with DPS/DPH... Here are some vids

Seriously... a 100 5.0 cash shop sin showing off on 71 OHT culti? Fail... but look at the damage done...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxxcvV_yrJI&feature=related

LMAO 100 Sin casting Deaden Nerve vs that noob boss = fail
    Another cash shopped 5.0 sin soloing a place that is easily soloed at 85
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q98DQ...eature=related

Cash shopped?,do you have any proof?,or you're just a being jealous?
    A 101 Sin soling a place designed for lv.80+,looks perfectly reasonable

That guy obviously known how to play its class,so what?,you thought they're all noobs?
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • mm2000
    edited April 2012
    Options
    And the point is?
    You expect people to spend insane amounts of money without a proper gain?
    Getting rank 9 cost over a billion and half coins,would you expect it to be "just a little" better than Rank 8 that cost *only* 100M?

I do not expect that they spend amount of money without a proper gain, yet, it is way too far.

FC is easy to solo at level 85 for HA classes and ofc veno.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I do not expect that they spend amount of money without a proper gain, yet, it is way too far.

The cost its way too far if you ask me.

Lower both cost and power = yes
    Lower power,keep actual cost = nonsense
  • mm2000
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Okay, lower power and cost is fine with me, that's a lot for both sides... BTW I solo my own instances too so yeah... The game is easy sadly... I don't even cash shop.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Its caused by PWE greed.
    Before dragon orbs(And Dragon Orbs *10),were put on boutique you rarely saw any +6/7 or above refined stuff.Now its pretty common.Not to mention when they put Rank 8(Let alone Rank 9) on sale.Game was more balanced back then for sure.

They tried to make PvE more challenging when they sky-rocket'ed the difficulty of some bosses in 3-x,but that was a pretty fail attempt since only prevented new and poorly geared players to farm for their gears and instead they make those already OP ones the only ones that could get full profit from it.

They way the game is not,its too messed up; to re-balance PvE they should rewrite it almost from scratch,making bosses real bosses....a boss isn't meant to be solable(At similar level at least),an instance its not meant to be solable,things needs a drastic revision.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Untrue, that's just me soloing the pulls, not the bosses, bosses are impossible for a 85 to solo and still requires teams or you buying a cleared instance with the pulls.
    Nirvana facerolled in 4 minutes... I think I remembered a squad 3 sins, 2 BMs and 1 veno do it in 2 minutes...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd-JzCLmCC4

2 Min Nirvana is impossible, most of the time taken in that run is getting between bosses and even then we was using holy path and speed boosting skills.

3 Minutes 17 Seconds is the fastest I've managed to run and record.

Clearly been sped up b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • seekerdo
    seekerdo Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Okay, lower power and cost is fine with me, that's a lot for both sides... BTW I solo my own instances too so yeah... The game is easy sadly... I don't even cash shop.
    Put your own fail vids here then.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    It's actually a flaw in the way the game handles damage.
    As people gear up their characters, they gain increased health, increased defense, and more and more defense levels. All of these together become ridiculously hard to defeat and so developers attempt to keep the balance with more and more pure attack. The problem is that the overwhelming attack you need to kill an oponent with high hp + defense + josds pretty much 1 shots lower geared people.

Instead of raising people's attack higher and higher they should have developed a mechanism to bypass the opponent's defenses instead. Lots of games do this with an attack rating which counters an opponent's defense effectiveness without having to raise raw attack. Mystics and psychics have a few such attacks that bypass defense levels but its not really something other classes have access to.

Between evenly geared people it is still difficult to kill the other person at high gear levels. This is especially true for well-geared R9 barbs who are almost impossible to kill for most other R9+12 classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I think the problem with this game is the gear gap. tt99 used to be the common endgame gear, and its prolly possible to do any instance with a group of tt99's. But because r8/r9 is so readily accessible and such a POWERHOUSE compared to anything before it, we have two options:
    -make content impossible for tt99's
    -make content easy for r9's

So we end up with things like nirvana, which is done in a few minutes, or TT which is usually soloed. And TW, which is a faceroll at anyone with average gears.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    It's actually a flaw in the way the game handles damage.
    As people gear up their characters, they gain increased health, increased defense, and more and more defense levels. All of these together become ridiculously hard to defeat and so developers attempt to keep the balance with more and more pure attack. The problem is that the overwhelming attack you need to kill an oponent with high hp + defense + josds pretty much 1 shots lower geared people.

Instead of raising people's attack higher and higher they should have developed a mechanism to bypass the opponent's defenses instead. Lots of games do this with an attack rating which counters an opponent's defense effectiveness without having to raise raw attack. Mystics and psychics have a few such attacks that bypass defense levels but its not really something other classes have access to.

Between evenly geared people it is still difficult to kill the other person at high gear levels. This is especially true for well-geared R9 barbs who are almost impossible to kill for most other R9+12 classes.

for that you will need a charm and omg my charm dies so fast i dont think its worth buying wish puts me in a facepalm situation.

if you havent seem a charm tock from a +28k hp barb tick you have not seen anything
    so ya can survive longer but at a much higher expense then a class with 10k hp grrr.

they really should tick in procents like 0.1% for all classes no matter the hp as being a barb with charm is redicolus b:surrender
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I think the problem with this game is the gear gap. tt99 used to be the common endgame gear, and its prolly possible to do any instance with a group of tt99's. But because r8/r9 is so readily accessible and such a POWERHOUSE compared to anything before it, we have two options:
    -make content impossible for tt99's
    -make content easy for r9's

So we end up with things like nirvana, which is done in a few minutes, or TT which is usually soloed. And TW, which is a faceroll at anyone with average gears.

Yes. All of the challenge of doing anything has pretty much been removed.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I guess it's not that surprising that one of my videos got linked.

Though I'm not 5.0 in that video, and I did not cashshop everything.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    All game itself and with GMs is now big fail. And future will not be better. I recommend to switch game. That's only solution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vincevo0
    vincevo0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    the problem is just the cheap r9 and r8

80m 8r serious? and you still call it expensive?
    r9 1200$ ?

r8 is 2000 on other version

105 was not able to glitch in frost since boosters had not been available there
    but 2 people made it, and even before power leveling there was damn easy (wedding, bounties and boosters)

(since its forbidden to talk about other versions i wont anymore)

just balance prices and tt99 gear would be still endgame gear...
    pwi almost became like private servers where u get g20 gear for 5
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Bad troll is bad.

R9 is ridiculous when you consider any of the PvE content. It's also ridiculous in PvP from a non-R9 point of view.

Complaining about 5 aps is kinda funny. 5 aps does make BM/Barb/Archer/Assassin the best DDs by far yes, but it doesn't turn them into gods. You see plenty of 5 aps people with low refines who simply cannot do anything but hope they won't die in Metal/Nirvana.

Though, in the end, it's not any single aspect of gear that makes the game into easy mode, it's the combinations that do it. 5 aps alone isn't worth **** if you have bad refines. The same is true of R9, as I've personally been in squad with R9s that died easier than my then +6 R8 sin. The biggest contributor would have to be easy access to higher refines. The higher refines give you very high defenses, ridiculous life and high DPS: the first two allow people to solo and tank things, whereas the latter makes everything go fast.

People like to complain about the pack and reputation sales as the biggest contributors, but that's not really true. The pack sales did indeed give access to gear that wasn't previously there, but with the Raging Tides expansion, we got Nirvana, which is preferred over the Lunar and Frost gear gotten from packs in most cases. The reputation sale in turn mostly helps Archers and Assassins, as they get the -0.1 interval chest. The R8 weapons aren't preferred because they're better than Nirvana, they're preferred because they're much cheaper.

Also, I find it funny that the OP went through the trouble of labeling everything that's 5 aps as "cash shopped"; I'm a 3.33 base Sage sin, meaning I'd be 5.0 if I had gone Demon, and I've never spent a cent.

However, I think that the invention of Slaying Levels and Warding Levels shows that the game might be going into the right direction. Now if only PWE would change Jones' Blessing and O'Malley's to be Slaying and Warding Levels instead of Attack and Defense Levels. Doing the same for R9 would help the PvP scene, but the rage it'd cause when the cash shoppers suddenly wouldn't be able to dominate everyone not on their gear level would be too great for them to do something like that.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    the only reasonable way i can think is scalable difficulty.
    just like you select mode in TT (solo/squad etc).

keep old nirvy and put a nirvy EX with harder/more tricky bosses and better drops etc

regarding TW, put multiple maps,perhaps with different rewards or prohibit stronger guilds from doing TW in "lower maps" (determine power by levels/gear of players. or dunno, compined hp/attack)
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Bad troll is bad.

R9 is ridiculous when you consider any of the PvE content.

What's so ridiculous is this over simplification of R9's affect on PVE.

Go ask a psychic, Wiz, Cleric, Seeker or BM in full rank 9 to go solo TT 3-3 squad mode and see what happens. They would get owned so hard they'll be asking for a full refund on their "game breaking" gear. b:shutup

Same goes for full Warsong and the hardest world bosses. It's aps and blood paint that has made PVE content so bloody easy... not R8/R9.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Give bosses Bramble (Like voidweaver in FB Seat of Torment.) wala no more soloing. It would require at least a veno to purge and maybe a cleric to heal. Maybe toss in an increased amount of PDef on bosses to make arcanes more wanted (since their damage output could match the physical classes then?) This would also make it easier for barbs to keep agro with their CC skills since the DPS wouldn't be so unrealistically high.

Does I get a cookie?
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Give bosses Bramble (Like voidweaver in FB Seat of Torment.) wala no more soloing. It would require at least a veno to purge and maybe a cleric to heal. Maybe toss in an increased amount of PDef on bosses to make arcanes more wanted (since their damage output could match the physical classes then?) This would also make it easier for barbs to keep agro with their CC skills since the DPS wouldn't be so unrealistically high.

Does I get a cookie?

purge bowsin?
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited April 2012
    Options
    purge bowsin?

If they want to waste their time attempting to purge only for it to get casted back on 10 seconds later as well as the lower hp gain back from BP because of the increased Pdef. It would be complete charm **** and not beneficial anymore. :P
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options

Does I get a cookie?

That's what they did with the Treasure Hunter bosses. Well, those bosses have a frequently refreshing bramble, plus they selfbuff with pdef, often APS, damage and mdef as well.

Friend of mine has a 5.0 clawbarb. I'm a 3.33 +6 Sage sin. We duo those bosses with him tanking in tiger form while I DD/purge with my +1 Heaven Shatterer. No need for clerics nor venos. Granted, the barb takes quite a charm ****, but considering that those bosses drop 1-3 Chrono Pages during 2x Drops, the costs are negligible.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    That's what they did with the Treasure Hunter bosses. Well, those bosses have a frequently refreshing bramble, plus they selfbuff with pdef, often APS, damage and mdef as well.

Friend of mine has a 5.0 clawbarb. I'm a 3.33 +6 Sage sin. We duo those bosses with him tanking in tiger form while I DD/purge with my +1 Heaven Shatterer. No need for clerics nor venos. Granted, the barb takes quite a charm ****, but considering that those bosses drop 1-3 Chrono Pages during 2x Drops, the costs are negligible.

So make that a situation with EVERY boss. the cost wouldn't be "negligible" anymore since 99% of the time it drops complete **** and the charm, repair,genie food,apoth, etc would severely outweigh the gain from drops.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    So make that a situation with EVERY boss. the cost wouldn't be "negligible" anymore since 99% of the time it drops complete **** and the charm, repair,genie food,apoth, etc would severely outweigh the gain from drops.

It wouldn't really change the situation much.

Barbs would revert back to being tanks with tiger form. Clerics might be used again. Archers would be the top DDs, along with casters. BMs would switch to axe builds. Sins would switch to DPH builds.

What you could see is the game turning into what we had pre-anniversary: Barbs and Clerics being deemed necessary while everyone else gets shafted. Of course, it wouldn't solve the discrimination we see today: Since we'd now have only 4 spots for DDs, people would be even more reluctant to take low DPS characters. So for Nirvana we'd see "LF +10 DDs" instead of "LF 5.0 +10 Bm/Sin". Which really isn't that different.

And you'd still see sins facerolling PvP with stealth, Headhunt and auto-attack.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    It wouldn't really change the situation much.

Barbs would revert back to being tanks with tiger form. Clerics might be used again. Archers would be the top DDs, along with casters. BMs would switch to axe builds. Sins would switch to DPH builds.

What you could see is the game turning into what we had pre-anniversary: Barbs and Clerics being deemed necessary while everyone else gets shafted. Of course, it wouldn't solve the discrimination we see today: Since we'd now have only 4 spots for DDs, people would be even more reluctant to take low DPS characters. So for Nirvana we'd see "LF +10 DDs" instead of "LF 5.0 +10 Bm/Sin". Which really isn't that different.

And you'd still see sins facerolling PvP with stealth, Headhunt and auto-attack.

Well tbh +10 isn't super unobtainable anymore. (In fact quite common.)
    Yes people would still be discriminant against low DPS classes. But that's what friends and factions are for. It would revive the almost extinct barb and cleric classes again. No class would be "shafted" since every class would be needed by this method.

And CBA about a class which kills itself on bramble in TW. Ijs :P
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Does I get a cookie?

Or a full squad of sins with blood frenzy b:cute
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Or a full squad of sins with blood frenzy b:cute

Meh I doubt that would last long enough to kill a boss let alone heal enough to overtake bramble damage. b:chuckle
    I'm sure there "might" be a way someone will try to exploit it... but /shrug
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Meh I doubt that would last long enough to kill a boss let alone heal enough to overtake bramble damage. b:chuckle
    I'm sure there "might" be a way someone will try to exploit it... but /shrug

I used to kill him when I farm seat but now the price of boots makes it not even worth doing, and managed to survive the bramble barely with blood frenzy, focused mind also did its part, it is possible if you are lucky, in addition, I do seat without buffs only self buffs, maybe if you are fully buffed it`s even easier to kill void. b:chuckle
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I used to kill him when I farm seat but now the price of boots makes it not even worth doing, and managed to survive the bramble barely with blood frenzy, focused mind also did its part, it is possible if you are lucky, in addition, I do seat without buffs only self buffs, maybe if you are fully buffed it`s even easier to kill void. b:chuckle

Don't forget the pdef increase i mentioned. With the amp I figure you'll do 1/4 the damage you do now which would make the BP recover unlikely. (To help balance out the APS factor.) (or make all bosses level 150.) ^^
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If they want to waste their time attempting to purge only for it to get casted back on 10 seconds later as well as the lower hp gain back from BP because of the increased Pdef. It would be complete charm **** and not beneficial anymore. :P

Welcome to steelation.... his 5.0 is worse then bramble. We don't really see any problems with that now do we? Even if they made it god awful people would stick five 5.0 sins and 1 bm (or 4 and 2) into a squad and kill it in the length of an AD or IG or Sutra. You can't solve this by changing bosses.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Welcome to steelation.... his 5.0 is worse then bramble. We don't really see any problems with that now do we? Even if they made it god awful people would stick five 5.0 sins and 1 bm (or 4 and 2) into a squad and kill it in the length of an AD or IG or Sutra. You can't solve this by changing bosses.

So if 6 people were hitting maybe 500-1ks sparked on a boss that has over 4.5mil hp... thats a lot longer then 1 sutra / AD duration.
    (figure 30ks from the group a second. That's still longer than 2minutes.Close to 3 minutes?)

Bramble would kill most of them before they even did a good dent into his hp.

Purely an example.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3