TW Barb

Options
razorlock
razorlock Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Barbarian
If you were building a barbarian just for TW cata pulling how would you build him?
Post edited by razorlock on

Comments

• VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    tw is all hp you can muster pvp is dex build not the same unless your friend is named visa card and r9
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    TW would be a sage cata barb with something like calamities or R9 for the weapon.

PvP would be a demon strength barb with 120 dex with gear.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    razorlock wrote: »
    If you were building a barbarian just for TW and pvp, how would you build him?

if we are talking about a great barb for PvP with end game gears such as R9, i'd for sure make a str/vit barb, get full r9 +12, full JoSD, neck elemental +10 at least, and go for demon culti.

if you get the new shroud skill, cornered beast, you will be like... invincible in a 1v1, with high dmg. for sure you'll die sooner or later, but they will need to gank you!
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Unless you plan to have lots of $$ to dump into the project, pick one. PvP or TW.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Is a demon vit barb screwed for TW?
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Is a demon vit barb screwed for TW?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Well, sort of. You probably aren't gonna be pulling a Cata, but you can do other, almost as important things. Suicide Arma Barb is pretty good, the more HP you have, the better you'll do.

This is the route I'm working towards. Unless I decide to stay PVE, in which case, I'll remain a Demon Str Barb.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Sarrafeline, just 7 posts from 4k mark!

Darn if I can't be a catabarb, I probably will stick to my mystic when this baby hits 101. At least I can Bramble Tornado a charging Arma Barb.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
  • timbabukaz
    timbabukaz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    You can be a cata barb.
    There is another thread about it, and since I am sick of that noob telling bullshyt, here is your proof:
    Sage barb in tiger: http://pwcalc.com/27a1afacaa9f47b5
    Demon barb in tiger: http://pwcalc.com/72108b35a5a52e10

As you can see, the difference between sage and demon barb at end game is 2k hp and 3k physical defense.

Now, what is better, shytload of crits, ability to actually kill and much more accuracy, or 2k hp and 1% more def?

Only reason why demon barbs are thought of as squishies is because of noobs with +5 deicides playing them, having +3 gear and 12k in tiger.
    Now, Sarra, if you still are blind to see this, then you probably have issues.
  • razorlock
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Still missing 81 points, and your build isn't set to max level...Those 81 points mean a lot, but they are very close for now, maybe it is the skills that split them apart.

I think I'll will be going full tank, sage cata barb. Thank you
    edited April 2012
    Options
    timbabukaz wrote: »
    You can be a cata barb.
    There is another thread about it, and since I am sick of that noob telling bullshyt, here is your proof:

As you can see, the difference between sage and demon barb at end game is 2k hp and 3k physical defense.

Now, what is better, shytload of crits, ability to actually kill and much more accuracy, or 2k hp and 1% more def?

Only reason why demon barbs are thought of as squishies is because of noobs with +5 deicides playing them, having +3 gear and 12k in tiger.

I've been informed that Demon Barbs aren't typically accepted into the first tier TW factions as Cata Barbs, they typically don't spend 2.4 billion coins on shards, much less the 2 billion on R9. TW factions will use Demon Barbs for Arma suicide rugs.

I'd love to do that build, but seriously, I don't have 4.4 billion coins. With how ****ed the economy is, I don't think I could get that many coins by merching 24/7 for 2 years.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

I'd love to do that build, but seriously, I don't have 4.4 billion coins. With how ****ed the economy is, I don't think I could get that many coins by merching 24/7 for 2 years.

I merched R9 +10 +12 wep JoSD and another 8b in assets in just under 2 years ;o

It is definitely possible since I started on 500k. I bet you'll be able to skip the first 3 months of my merchanting career by using your current capital or farming for a week.
  • CeVil - Momaganon
    CeVil - Momaganon Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Demon: http://pwcalc.com/59e58183f91254b5
    Sage: http://pwcalc.com/d23b5a6011fc2af5

Affordable build, Still no significant difference. b:bye
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I've been informed that Demon Barbs aren't typically accepted into the first tier TW factions as Cata Barbs, they typically don't spend 2.4 billion coins on shards, much less the 2 billion on R9. TW factions will use Demon Barbs for Arma suicide rugs.

I have to say this is very untrue. Most people think barbs go demon for claw which a lot of barbs do seeing the game is now based on aps or not. Secondly i am a 5 aps claw barb with +10 regs and +10 nv gear sharded with vit stones and your telling me i wouldnt be accepted into a TW guild and be placed as a cata barb cause i believe its happened to me before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I'm demon. I pull cata. I survive with semi-decent Lunar Nirvana. Still takes ganks to kill me. Any intelligent barb knows how to stay alive, regardless of their sage/demon choice.

Anybody that thinks demon barbs can't pull cata are ignorant.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If money was no issue for a cata barb ...

Clicky

With that new Deaden Nerves for barbs, and if you have any skill trust me, you will never die.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Demon: http://pwcalc.com/59e58183f91254b5
    Sage: http://pwcalc.com/d23b5a6011fc2af5

Affordable build, Still no significant difference. b:bye

That is certainly something I will be working towards.

I went for max Axe APS, but, I'm also sharing the gear between my Barb and BM. Indeed, I'm working on something very similar to that right now, but everything +10 instead of +5/+7.

Gear I can share between my BM and Barb is important to me, since it will save me lots of coin.

Though, I'm planning on PVE for my BM, not TW or PK, so that helps a lot (though I want R8 recast with interval on it so I can 5.0 with TT90G fists).
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • NescauBall - Archosaur
    NescauBall - Archosaur Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Fixed for you Mr trigger.
    The weapon is a r8 recast one with max stats. Its better to keep 2 pieces of armor unrecasted for best defence levels too (can wear warsong belt+r8 recast without any loss)
    Rings are lunar g13 ones that can come with ramdom stats. +27 vit being the best.

Thats the build I use on my cata barb also :x, not here tough b:shutup

http://pwcalc.com/7353e865ee4c5cdf

A barb with that build could solo TWs roflmao. b:chuckle
  • rottsx2
    rottsx2 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    deciding the make of your barb should depend on the guilds you are going against. If you can roll all the guilds on your server, then make a demon barb, R9, all vit, and like 580 str, 60 dex, 305 or so vit. dont bother with fists. you wont die in tw if you got a good squad in tw. you will have around 33k hp and thats plenty for a tw if you know how to use your skills and when to use them. this build is strong, and if u pvp, you will hit pretty hard, get a +45 str tome if u really want to hit like a truck.

if you go against a strong guild, then make your barb vit instead of str, as a cata barb your not there to attack anyone,you got your offense that will push the lane, all you do is stay back and follow, realize if your getting rushed then fall back. that easy, your offense pushes the lane, you go with the offense. theres no shame getting pushed back to your base. you and your squad lived. just your presence alone behind the offense is affective. this build, just have enough str for gears. 60 dex, the rest vit. you will have a 40k hp barb depending on your tome and shards/refines, assuming you are full vit and +12.

the reason you stay back is simple, the other guild will have there bm's run in, roar for that stun, then DG you. if they got good dders there like r9 wiz or r9 psy, you are a goner. thus, STAY BACK so the bm cannot do that to you.

dont even bother to buff yourself with poison fang.

if your squad is weak, going to tw a stronger guild, you need lots of pots ( 50 IG, 50 white tea, 50 vacuity, dew , sutra pots, get guild base pots if you can. bring extra hp charms also ) and a genie with a fast recovery around 3/sec. make sure you got your lvl 11 skills to buff the bm's and other barbs in your squad. the bm will take a lot of dmg leading the way up front.

now, if the guild your going against got r9 wizzies, you need lvl 8 / lvl 9 apoc pots to reduce there dmg. lvl 8 will reduce dmg by 50 %. 1 time use, quick cooldown.get 50 of these also. its a lifesaver when your sitting on the crystal. on the crystal, more than likely you got debuffed from a veno, you need to invoke, rebuff squad ( those alive) tiger form, watch the c/d then use IG or your genie to stay alive.

if your not taking dmg at the crystal, just be aware who is near you, rebuff bm's in squad if you can and other squad members.

if your going against a guild that got a lot of r9 with good refines/shards your in for a fun time if you are also r9. if not, your almost a 1 shot to a r9 wiz . smaller guilds that dont have r9's, then your fine with nirv recast. have fun!

myself, i am a demon barb but i restat according to the guilds i go against. i got a sage barb as well, but the demon barb i enjoy for tw more than the sage.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    timbabukaz wrote: »
    You can be a cata barb.

what kind of catabarb has 200 dex?
    more defense is more defense.
    more hp is more hp.
    how is a higher crit rate more than marginally relevant for bramble crits?
    r8 recast weapon with defense levels is quickly becoming standard catbarb equipment, r9 weapon isn't going to help you pull cats.

anyone can pull a cat, barbs are the best at it, and sage barbs are better at it than demon barbs. how is this even still a debate?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I'm demon. I pull cata. I survive with semi-decent Lunar Nirvana. Still takes ganks to kill me. Any intelligent barb knows how to stay alive, regardless of their sage/demon choice.

come@me b:cute
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Fixed for you Mr trigger.
    The weapon is a r8 recast one with max stats. Its better to keep 2 pieces of armor unrecasted for best defence levels too (can wear warsong belt+r8 recast without any loss)
    Rings are lunar g13 ones that can come with ramdom stats. +27 vit being the best.

Thats the build I use on my cata barb also :x, not here tough b:shutup

http://pwcalc.com/7353e865ee4c5cdf

A barb with that build could solo TWs roflmao. b:chuckle

That's sexy ..
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

i love you syko b:dirty
  • razorlock
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ok guys ty for the input, idk what side I will turn to at 89+ however, I'm def going tank, and idc about dmg at all. I just wanna help my guild, and pull that cata the best I can w/o dying
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    It very misleading to say that demon barb are screwed in pulling catas.

Being chosen to be a cata barb depends on the other barbs in your factions.

If you are among the top 4 barb with the highest survivability, then, most likely you will pull a cata. Being sage is only one of the multiple ways to measure survivability.

Overall survivability depends on the following
    (1) Having Op-Gears: more hp, defence lvl, m-def, p-def
    (2) Knowledge & Experience: to know when to use invoke, tw pots and other skills, etc...
    (3) Pots: to have tons of apothecary tw pots, defence charms, hp charms.
    (4) Genie: having a pure defensive tw genie instead of an all-purpose genie would help.
    (5) Teamwork: ... enough said...

Being a sage barb means that you have more hp which is better than demon for survivability. But if you are demon, and you can compensate the hp difference with Op-gears, experience and all of the above, you will most likely be a better catabarb than an 'average' sage barb.

For first-tier faction, first-choice catabarbs will be sage, because they spend most of their time and money on overpowering their survivability... while demon barbs tend to be a more 'rounded' class with both DD capabilities and survivability, demon barbs are more useful in DD squads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Most factions will be happy to have a barb to pull cata.

Sage or demon don't make too much difference, but i give chi control to the Demon culti, because of the hp chi skill among other things. Say you have 2 demon barbs in squad, barbs spam chi skill and party will have full chi np. In human form demon and sage barbs will have the same defense.

Best cata build atm would be rank 9 with rank 8.5 weapon with defensive stats.

if t3 nirvana comes out thats a possibility, but for now 8.5 wep with good stats is by far best catpulling weapon.

Best ring would be coa ring with high refine, or the skycover ring the magic one. Also some oht arcane rings have the potential to really be good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NirvShopz - Harshlands
    NirvShopz - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    its all about dedication and using skills with brain. sure there is a slight difference in survivability between sage and demon...but thats not the thing....usually tw sage barbs are preferred cuz usually they go for pure cata build...not dd not sacrificial perdition

a sage cata barb will most likely ignore cloudcharger or matchless and go for nirvana robe, also no seal of eternal solitude or lunar might ring or whatever but a magic ring with lots of points to restat into vit and mag def from refine, basically ignoring every bit of dmg that some points in str and dex or whatever might add.

thats usually not the case for demon ones...where 3 out of 5 go for str build and the other 2 that might go for pure vit wear might rings (or have some crappy mag rings for tw...nowhere near as close to what is considered to be best).
  • Precept - Lost City
    Precept - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Cata Barb

Since PWCalc hasn't been updated I can't put on a R8 recast hammer with 20 def lvl/ 5 def lvl/ 5 def lvl/ 5def lvl, but that's the best build.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Cata Barb

Since PWCalc hasn't been updated I can't put on a R8 recast hammer with 20 def lvl/ 5 def lvl/ 5 def lvl/ 5def lvl, but that's the best build.

That`s actually the exact build kitty been thinking of when he wasnt aware of rumors bout G16 vana. Now I`m prolly just gathering enough wealth to pop R9+10 whenever I can determine what to think bout the rumors regarding G16 vana. Actually, I should have enough for R9+12 with JoSD by xmas if I`m not getting lazy/rl wont be too much in my way. that if my math is solid and I`m pretty sure it`s not far off. But it`s really bout summer - if I`m under 2 billion by the end of it, I`m not doubtful of making it.

Till I can decide what I should aim for, I`m not gonna invest my barb more than farm R8 recast, refine it as far as event gold goes, shard with luminance shards, change stats to vit build as my barb really doesnt do much during week anyways. 2nd recast nirvana would be pretty decent option too I suppose but for reason or the other I like idea of R8 recast.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Precept - Lost City
    Precept - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    For versatility/ if you want to have fun on the character? I'd go full R9, that build is useless for anything other than not dying. At least as full R9 you can have some fun RPKing, etc. Personally, my account has three heavy chars on it, so I went full second cast Nirvana, but if you're focusing on one char, R9 is the way to go.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Sage/demon/tank/aps in the end what matters is having fun, even if I myself would be ashamed to have an aps barb to each his own.

That being said, the 100 aps barb I 2 shot on my sin in TW last week that was pulling cata (you know who you are) should be ashamed of himself, especially when my sin only did 13k damage with headhunt and rising dragon. (and no one else hit him since I was the solo scout on C lane)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.