What type of technical problems have you encountered the most with PWI?

darthpanda16
darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Support Desk

Please vote and let us know! You can vote on more than one choice!

We are using this feedback to help us out with something new that is in the works to help everyone ;)

Thank you! :)
Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
Post edited by darthpanda16 on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    edited April 2012
    I see you guys looking, you know you want to vote b:thanks
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Did my share b:avoid Also, you can vote for more than one option. Feel free to elaborate if I may add myself, I will do that a bit later.
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Please vote and let us know! You can vote on more than one choice!

We are using this feedback to help us out with something new that is in the works to help everyone ;)

Thank you! :)

Rubberbanding and the lack of GMs Online to consult.
    dunno which category it is xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Connection: DC entering Rebirth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited April 2012
    Keep up the feedback! b:victory
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Rubberbanding would be the most common issue for me. Mostly in the new areas, but there are still some spots that I've been rubberbanding in for a couple of years. Approaching the pup in 1k comes to mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I see you guys looking, you know you want to vote b:thanks

How in the world can you see anything with that helmet on your head. whispers pppssstt it also looks naughty. ijs Snickersb:mischievous
    Rubberbanding would be the most common issue for me. Mostly in the new areas, but there are still some spots that I've been rubberbanding in for a couple of years. Approaching the pup in 1k comes to mind.

I agree with FatherTed here plus Rubberbanded really bad in TT 1-2 the other day. Plus lagging a lot more lately and it's random mostly but Heaven and Hell areas were bad during 2x. b:kiss and Oh oh I forgot to put in here the crazy FB Connect. Stazy waaaants her blessing back. It's been 3 weeks. I blame Ninja's.
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eariala - Sanctuary
    Eariala - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Rebirth teleport bug and not being able to log back in

and websites not loading or timing out (think DQ/bless pages)
    and core page with the achievements etc not uptoday (weeks?), or even achievement you can't have or have done, but not gotten etc...
  • X_Grimfall_X - Heavens Tear
    X_Grimfall_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Rubberbanding most common of course. There's also the 'user does not exist' error when returning to the main menu. That's something i've experienced in all the PWE games i've played (FW, BOI, JD, RH) Not something big since it just means I have to re-enter login info but it's kind of annoying all the same.

I generally assume connection issues are local problems since there are numerous factors involved there, the exception for me being the duration of the recent Lucid chest event. Have pretty sustained lag that whole time probably from all the logging in and out.

Other than that not really any issues for me. b:thanks
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well, the forums hate me. *points to the left*

Besides that, most annoying things for me are the random crashes in tideborn city. In 5/10 cases I go there, log in there my client just crashes.

And I second the 'User doesn't exist' issue. It's annoying if both your username and pass are long. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well I haven't been back in the game for a little bit, but as far as I know most of the problems I've experienced are ones that I can fix on my end.

<_< Unless the game has just gone to pot recently. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Missing iteams and a mysterious gold trade that happened when I wasn't on

Timeframe-1.png
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Whenever there is no maintenance the Saturday Morai event doesn't happen. That's probably the most annoying bug... These are the quests that are broken:

Machinated Terror (25639)
    Rakshasa King (25640)
    Malevolent Wraithguard (25641)

It seems though you are interested in infrastructure problems and I can't say I encounter them much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • darthpanda16
    edited April 2012
    More votes! b:victory
  • wytewyrm420
    wytewyrm420 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    havin troubles with pre paided cards keeps sayin Unknown error has occured
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2012
    This thread...
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1229881

And This thread...
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1332481

And then there's the issue with the server kicking you randomly when you're entering Delta and then you can't log back in for 10 minutes.

There's the issue with Core not removing members from the factions after we remove them or they leave. I have even seen alts of members in the core list. I believe we currently have 263 members listed in our faction. It's been higher though.

Hell, Core itself is an issue. Either turn it off until it actually works, or do something to make it work better. I know the databases you guys are dealing with and I have no idea why the hell you would realease something like Core for PWI just based on that information alone.

Fix issues with the website that have plagued it since the beginning. There''s too muce code overlapping itself, old data that's never been removed from the code, even though it's no longer used because it's been replaced by something else. Forum features should actually work (like tables, ect.). There are still MAJOR browser compatibility issues, and a lorge part of that is all the trash code that's lying about. It's also why pages like those in Core can take forever to load.

You might consider switching to the standard of UTF-8 for your encoding, and start making some limitations on the characters that can be used in names to prevent the code issues with the linux boxes you're trying to interface with.

And that's just what's right up front in my head. Give me a few more minutes to think on it and I could write a book.
    Hell, I've even offered code to fix broken elements in the game, sure you guys can't install them because of how much the tie your hands, but you could at least push it up to the Dev's. The SP issue is an extremely simple change to 4 lines in the code on the server, and then pushing the data out to the clients. You guys said you fixed the code on the server, what the hell is taking so long to fix 16 bytes of data?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I've been under weird lag for the past 2 days, and I was told other people had similar issues. I don't think it's always tied down to my connection. I was on Ventrilo the other day and while I had lag spikes on it, they didn't occur as often as the ones I had on PWI.

And the general rubberbanding issues, but it's lag so... (It's still a crappy lag DX).

Core Connect, Facebook Connect and DQ Rewards. I timed out 3 times getting a Jones' Blessing for my BM last night. The last time I checked my DQ rewards, I actually timed out as well a couple times. Then I tried to open it in another tab... and it worked. But when I clicked on that one to refresh, it didn't. Opening it in another tab always worked. Kinda weird.

Also, my avatar hasn't updated in quite a while on my forum posts. As I type this, I'm 91. It's correct on my User Pannel.

I've had crashing issues - I usually left my catshop on while going to work. I'd check my PC from my phone via TeamViewer every now and then, and often my client would be gone from my running processes. I've also seen it happen while I was on the window, and just as I had closed it as well. I haven't had this issue in a few builds right now, but I'm always afraid it's gonna come back >_>.

I have another, but I'm not sure if it's related to a lag issue, or what now o.o. But I'll share it anyways.

Sometimes, my quests won't automatically update. It gets annoying. Happens often on my seeker or my mystic - I'll be waiting a good 20-30 seconds (up to a minute) for the quest to update, from going in and out of the Cube to not receiving my books on WQ with more than 2 empty inventory slots. Relogging usually clear the issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Warfare - Sanctuary
    Warfare - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    DQ Points Needs to get fixed and updated. Waiting for it sucks. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • savagedeity
    savagedeity Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012

and websites not loading or timing out (think DQ/bless pages)
    and core page with the achievements etc not uptoday (weeks?), or even achievement you can't have or have done, but not gotten etc...

The above mentioned, "User does not exist" issue as well.
    Venomancer Air pets getting stuck on terrain.
    Seekers Voidstep skill "sticking" toon to the ground.
    Auto-pathing taking you to BFE.

User and User System deficiencies are not technical issues.
  • darthpanda16
    edited May 2012
    Thank you all for the feedback so far.

Good stuff!

Please keep it coming! b:surrenderb:victory
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Ohh, something annoying is that images within blog posts from the main page are frequently broken. Your image server probably can't handle the traffic during maintenance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • warlord0001
    warlord0001 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    i love the rubber band affecrt...it gauntees dat u will die repeatly...burn up charms,potions, an lose exp....not one of these helps a player. but makes sure u process alot slower in gaining lvls. since the last patch 629...i continue to freeze an crash.!! my computer which had no problems runnin the game...just wont now more them 10 minutes...it is the very best way u hav found to hav me no longer want to play the game...beat of luck. i git very tired of tryin to sort out why the game wont play...u r not worth it anymore...
  • Quasee - Dreamweaver
    Quasee - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    my skill bars and quest list doesnt save up when relog, and it seems like im the only one with this problem, your gms cant fix it and made my account unplayable(atleast for me it is), its only on this account, whenever i get dc or ingame error that asks me to relog i know that char is gonna be bugged after relogging and its not my pc fault or any other program fault, bug been there for over 2 years, been changing pcs, reinstalling game, dl game, verifying client, even logged on acc from other pc(from other country), its still bugged. after 2 month long chat with gms i got bored of them asking to check this and that on my pc(THERE IS NOTHING ON THAT PC EXCEPT PWI, no skype, no other programs, no other games, that pc is used only for pwi, i even browse forums on laptop)
    also kinda annoyed there is no eng eu server, could atleast event msges make in english in those servers. couldnt do events on usa servers cuz they where at night, now cant do them cuz i dont understand them, they in diff language and as i have never done them before im confused. and both eu servers are kinda dead, why cant merge them and make them eng and leaving people option to keep their french, german clients?
    and you guys should allow change e-mails. navigator.lv site died and i have my account there, so now i cant get e-mails from pwi anymore...
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    My Forum Avatar glitched doesn't shows my class/level . So what are the ways to fix it i tired to submit a ticket the answer wasn't satisfying at all so maybe here in forums Mod's and Gm's could help to fix it . Thanks . b:thanks
    1).My Current Forum Proper Avatar
    2.)The Glitched Forum Avatar
    3.)My In Game Current lvl/Class
    Kindly help me please !b:victory
    I will be your slave darthpandab:kissb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
This discussion has been closed.