FC Glitch Update

Comments

• Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ... Lemme hump you and make it all better.
    ~removed~

b:chuckle ^^ It was meant for just ya'll anyhow. LOL Hope it made ya lol
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'M BACK!!!!

Regarding the goon glitcher problem I had a serious issue with those demanding that PWE somehow put this genie back into the bottle. Or use some mystical orwellian overlord power to somehow close Pandora's box and undo all that has been the result of the glitch. I knew that even making such an attempt at this late date would in itself cause a catastrophic game changing scenerio that would have been worse than all the effects of the glitch itself. I support the decision PWE made to basically do nothing to the goon glitchers or the caster glitchers. Too much time has passed and the in-game entropy has already manifested long ago.

While I understand how some are upset by the result of the glitch and PWE's reponse to it what 's done is done. Time to adapt to it and move on.

The battle in my opinion all along was not to change what's happened in the past but should have been how to prevent, thwart, locate, discipline glitch abusers in the future in a timely manner. Changes in the way PWE communicates with the games' playerbase is essential for that among other things. If anything good can come from all this it's that. I wish ChaoticShelly and the others luck with their suggestions.

Until the next great firestorms of QQ threads litter the forums with the white-hot burning emotions of anger and grief with the likes that overwhem tens of thousands of professional psycho therapists....ta ta.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited April 2012
    I support the decision PWE made to basically do nothing to the goon glitchers or the caster glitchers. Too much time has passed and the in-game entropy has already manifested long ago.

Erm... when was anything ever decided about the caster Nirvana glitchers?b:puzzled
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Erm... when was anything ever decided about the caster Nirvana glitchers?b:puzzled

Frankie posted in that thead looking for Caster Glitch updates saying they had no intention on taking any action against the caster glitchers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • krittycat
    edited April 2012
    Frankie posted in that thead looking for Caster Glitch updates saying they had no intention on taking any action against the caster glitchers.

Ah, okay. Just curious, never noticed it.b:chuckle
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited April 2012

Frankie basically stated such in a thread he closed similar to the one Tremble had with the goon glitch update. Also nice to see you back.

edited April 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited April 2012
    Frankie basically stated such in a thread he closed similar to the one Tremble had with the goon glitch update. Also nice to see you back.

"Back" is an appropriate term... work can be a total drag sometimes.b:surrender
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'M BACK!!!!

You were gone? b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'M BACK!!!!

Regarding the goon glitcher problem I had a serious issue with those demanding that PWE somehow put this genie back into the bottle. Or use some mystical orwellian overlord power to somehow close Pandora's box and undo all that has been the result of the glitch. I knew that even making such an attempt at this late date would in itself cause a catastrophic game changing scenerio that would have been worse than all the effects of the glitch itself. I support the decision PWE made to basically do nothing to the goon glitchers or the caster glitchers. Too much time has passed and the in-game entropy has already manifested long ago.

While I understand how some are upset by the result of the glitch and PWE's reponse to it what 's done is done. Time to adapt to it and move on.

The battle in my opinion all along was not to change what's happened in the past but should have been how to prevent, thwart, locate, discipline glitch abusers in the future in a timely manner. Changes in the way PWE communicates with the games' playerbase is essential for that among other things. If anything good can come from all this it's that. I wish ChaoticShelly and the others luck with their suggestions.

Until the next great firestorms of QQ threads litter the forums with the white-hot burning emotions of anger and grief with the likes that overwhem tens of thousands of professional psycho therapists....ta ta.

Of course you support it, when your another toon is lv.105. I finally play another MMO just like reading your stupid posts.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    LOL aaaah Yuma i miss your WC's on HT! Thanks for fixing it. b:kiss

Tele's are kinda expensive for me so I only spread some good mood over WC occasionally... b:chuckle

I totally agree. Shelly,Krisnda, Frankie, Fuzzy, and many others have made great strides in suggestions and many PWI users have made suggestions that I have no doubt are being discussed. Remember these people want the game to succeed because I highly doubt they want to be unemployed. I also agree about the flame fest and I think doing so would help with the flame fest in that players would know without a doubt these people support them because they would see the "Game Mod's" in game. Sorry if that didn't make sense I have a migraine atm.

It's ok... I don't make sense half the time without having migraine... Although it made sense enough for me... b:victory

And yay~! Kritty's back~! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    You were gone? b:puzzled

I haven't been in-game or on the forums for a few weeks lately. Working on a house I bought. May be gone most of the summer for gold is above $1600 and ounce and it might be fun digging it out of the ground in a several month long camping and fishing trip.
    "Back" is an appropriate term... work can be a total drag sometimes.b:surrender

I know pain right now. Hands and feet with blisters from digging up my yard by hand to plant a garden and new grass. Also made 4 trips to the dump hauling out 2 years worth of dead leaves from the trees. Next month I need to dig a new water well by hand because the previous owner screwed up the well he dug. I refuse to pay the city $300 a month to water my lawn with a river a block away and groundwater 5 feet below the surface.
    Of course you support it, when your another toon is lv.105. I finally play another MMO just like reading your stupid posts.b:laugh

>ehem<.....this is my main toon. All my alts are less then lvl 55. Apparently you completely failed to grasp the point of my previous post. If you ever wondered why I had such enormous animosity towards the other goon glitcher QQ threads it's because I made this point as well as others long ago, and I mean last year yet there were dozens and dozens of goon glitcher QQ threads since by the same small group of folks basically flaming not only flaming others like me with other points of view but flaming the staff. Their demands for closing Pandora's Box as I put it in my last post and erasing the effects of the glitch itself was asking to create a entirely new compounded set of problems for the game's community and was not going to be feasable.

You spoke of growing up in a country with the horrors of communism. There is absolutely no way you can undo what has been done in the past. All that could have been done was to stop it, create a new government and economic system that improves the lives of the people with a free and fair open society among other things and let the horrors of the past become a bad ever distancing memory that serves no other greater purpose than to educate future generations reasons to avoid ever returning to that form of government. You see what I'm saying here? The fight should be about preventing future goon glitch fiascos with regards to how PWE handles them with the glitch and glitchers because they really dropped the ball last time and too much time passed and allowed widespread abuse to the point that any attempt to undo the effects would be just as or even more devastating to the game than the glitch itself.

But what do you care now? You're in another MMO. Good luck...LOL!

• John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The happy people who seem to love PWEs handling of this **** depress me. The last hope for this game was its intelligent community and well, lol, that's going pretty quickly down the drain.

@Shelly, just spit out what you suggested. Noone expects PWE (Unless they're really really really naive) to keep their promises, noone will hold you to yours, especially if you're at least honest enough to not promise anything.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Nyxyo - Harshlands
    Nyxyo - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    7 days ban for lvl 105? sign me up right away!!
    edited April 2012
    7 days ban for lvl 105? sign me up right away!!

Keep reading. That 7 days turned out to be a max of 1-2 days for the "worst offenders" once they overturned all the bans
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The happy people who seem to love PWEs handling of this **** depress me. The last hope for this game was its intelligent community and well, lol, that's going pretty quickly down the drain.

If you have been a part of the forums over the years, I don't know if you have other alts, you would know the community has become very very childish and needy over the last 2 years. As the staff are adult, they feel they can take advantage of said community, and while the adults make their concerns known in certain threads, in game, and on independent MMO websites ... well you know where them threads and concerns end up. Because the majority of the community is so gullible and immature, they get away with it.
    edited April 2012
    If you have been a part of the forums over the years, I don't know if you have other alts, you would know the community has become very very childish and needy over the last 2 years. As the staff are adult, they feel they can take advantage of said community, and while the adults make their concerns known in certain threads, in game, and on independent MMO websites ... well you know where them threads and concerns end up. Because the majority of the community is so gullible and immature, they get away with it.

A lot of my chars don't post here anymore b:shutup

Yeah, I noticed it gradually dip (I joined late december of RT's year.) but never expected the community at large to become this ****, even in the last few months.

~edit~

"Hello World!

Complete your first quest.

Dec 20, 2009"

Apprently then.

~ediiit~

"Quest Master

Complete 1000 Unique Quests.

Jul 23, 2010"

Productive months, I had them.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Bit off-topic sorry: Even more reason to try end set up a better communication between them and the players (and maybe arrange some beta testers as well)... We play the game so we can report bugs in the game and make suggestions about what could be improved and such...

Honestly until the GMs play the game and get a real understanding, the communication will fall short. I can give examples or bugs that have been reported and not fixed. "Magic resist Buff" We the players have been reporting bugs since day 1. The things that actually get fixed opposed to the ones that stay baffle me.

I highly doubt we will be seeing any kind of "beta testers" etc. I think the most players can hope for is the GM's take an active interest in forums, joking around or whatever. As for any real game play make-overs...
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    That's one of the issues almost every game faces after a few years. The people in charge of enforcing the rules or adding content don't even play the game anymore. They get burnt out like the rest of us.

They should at least replace the GMs when it gets to that point. What good are they if they aren't even logging in to do their jobs? The devs are a little harder to replace for a few reasons, but the quality of the game and everything else goes downhill fast when they stop caring about their product.

It seems like the forum moderators (volunteers) take their jobs more seriously than anybody. That's sad.

(I see a GM goofing around in chat as I type this. That's about all I see them do besides spawn bosses outside Arch.)
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    That's one of the issues almost every game faces after a few years. The people in charge of enforcing the rules or adding content don't even play the game anymore. They get burnt out like the rest of us.

They should at least replace the GMs when it gets to that point. What good are they if they aren't even logging in to do their jobs? The devs are a little harder to replace for a few reasons, but the quality of the game and everything else goes downhill fast when they stop caring about their product.

It seems like the forum moderators (volunteers) take their jobs more seriously than anybody. That's sad.

(I see a GM goofing around in chat as I type this. That's about all I see them do besides spawn bosses outside Arch.)
    Honestly until the GMs play the game and get a real understanding, the communication will fall short. I can give examples or bugs that have been reported and not fixed. "Magic resist Buff" We the players have been reporting bugs since day 1. The things that actually get fixed opposed to the ones that stay baffle me.

I highly doubt we will be seeing any kind of "beta testers" etc. I think the most players can hope for is the GM's take an active interest in forums, joking around or whatever. As for any real game play make-overs...

WTH!!!!!!!

Clearly you all don't play enough to notice GM's online. Or you haven't figured out when the times they might be on. Regardless WHO THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU THINK PLAYED THIS GAME FIRST???? Who do you think BETA tests the things that come down from the China game? REALLLLLY????? I just simply can't abide by the sheer nonsense of these posts. There are GM's in game, you just haven't been privy to know when they are on. BTW I didn't know they had to tell you when they are working? And again its the dev's who make changes not the flipping GM's FFS. Just WOW! Really WOW!
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Regardless WHO THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU THINK PLAYED THIS GAME FIRST????

Chinese players. As for the original staff who created Perfect World (the game), they left for greener pastures.

Some of us played this game even before PWI existed. Most of the original players of this version were playing on another engrish version run by a an asian company whose name included a geometric form.

I played this game even before Xarfox and Orinj were hired by PWI... At that time they were working for another company on a game involving having fun while flying, iirc.

Who do you think BETA tests the things that come down from the China game?

Seeing the numerous bugs that appeared over time, I would dare to say : no one. They probably test the patch to see if the server still run after applying it, and that's it.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    karmelia wrote: »
    Chinese players. As for the original staff who created Perfect World (the game), they left for greener pastures.

Some of us played this game even before PWI existed. Most of the original players of this version were playing on another engrish version run by a an asian company whose name included a geometric form.

I played this game even before Xarfox and Orinj were hired by PWI... At that time they were working for another company on a game involving having fun while flying, iirc.

Seeing the numerous bugs that appeared over time, I would dare to say : no one. They probably test the patch to see if the server still run after applying it, and that's it.

+2

/5chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • God_Exiler - Sanctuary
    God_Exiler - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2012

i have played too many games with bugs and fail testing to truly start believing this ._.!
    No
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    WTH!!!!!!!

Clearly you all don't play enough to notice GM's online. Or you haven't figured out when the times they might be on. Regardless WHO THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU THINK PLAYED THIS GAME FIRST???? Who do you think BETA tests the things that come down from the China game? REALLLLLY????? I just simply can't abide by the sheer nonsense of these posts. There are GM's in game, you just haven't been privy to know when they are on. BTW I didn't know they had to tell you when they are working? And again its the dev's who make changes not the flipping GM's FFS. Just WOW! Really WOW!

Oooo! Somebody has sand in their vajayjay. Maybe you should try reading my post before activating fangirl mode.

Playing the game first doesn't mean anything. I have done alpha and beta testing for several games. I have also played the hell out of those games after they were released and either reached the point where there was nothing left to do or I got bored. I am human. You're trying to say that the people that run this game can't do the same? LOL! I've seen it happen before with other games that weren't mediocre.

You're obviously one of those fangirls that thinks this company is perfect. It will be hilarious when you wake up from your fantasy and see how everything really is.

There are hardly any GMs that are active on HT. That is a fact. Seriously, all they do is spam random red text every now and then or spawn bosses outside Arch. They are hardly ever around when there is a problem or somebody needs help.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited April 2012

This made my day. b:chuckle

GM1: Is the patch ready to test?
    GM2: yep.

*Loads patch in test server*

GM1: Ok, looks like we can still fly/walk/buy packs and other boutique stuff, think it's ready to go public?

GM2: Is everyone's hair supposed to be pink? And why do the sins have +999 att lv?
    GM1: Meh, we'll fix it later, just put it out it's almost quitting time[.
    GM2: Ok, ok, what do you want for dinner?
    GM1: Chinese.
    edited April 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »

GM1: Ok, looks like we can still fly/walk/buy packs and other boutique stuff, think it's ready to go public?

GM2: Is everyone's hair supposed to be pink? And why do the sins have +999 att lv?

If it wasn't for that I'd have believed it was a real log. GMs don't load the game, they just look at the little "Server status" window and see "running".
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited April 2012

So true... b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited April 2012

b:laugh b:laugh b:laugh

This made my day b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Haah, good one~
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Pig - Raging Tide
    Pig - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    In raging tides and archosaur servers is really simple!

Ban all lvls 104 and 105 ;) yeah u can't perma ban them cause they are
    the bigger Cash shoppers and perma ban them means less money for PWE
    that's why they will never do that....so yeah just a 7 days ban.

why not bring the glitch thing back so everyone can reach lvl 105 and then
    just get banned for 7 days ???.

Just ridiculous PWE.
This discussion has been closed.