1st Official 1v1 and 6v6 PvP Tournament

KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
After doing a Poll and questioning a few people I've concluded 6v6 is the best option as well as The following Rule set.
The official Rules are as following.
I need at least 1 person from server who will volunteer some of their time that is willing to Post the rules and help set up the roster for their server. (I can assist if needed)
Heaven's Tear - KawaiiJen
Lost City - ?
Sanctuary - ?
Dreamweaver - ?
Harshlands - ?
Raging Tides - ?
Archosaur - ?
Lothranis - ?
Momaganon - ?
(Let me know if I missed a server.)

1v1

All gear allowed. All genie skills / apoth allowed. Best 2/3 advances. (Semi-Finals & Finals Best 3/5)

6v6

Depending on turn out = number of wins to advance. (Default will be same as 1v1)

"Rainbow squad only"(One of each class only)
Team name can not have any religion, nationality, sexual preference, and ethnicity in it.
(Team artwork is allowed as long as it is appropriate.)
No Genies. (Apothecary is allowed)
Predetermined gear only. (Level based gear)
Team Captain MUST record the match in case of any disputes. (Other team members can optionally as well)
Open World PvP. (Place and Time will be determined for each sets of rounds.)
Team match up will be determined by a RNG(Random-Number Generator).
Level match ups go as following.

Skill Restriction.
Assassins and Archers can not stealth longer then 30 seconds or will be DQ'd from the fight.

Entry Level 80-89

Middle Level 90-99

Advanced Level 100-105

~Gear restrictions and ideas under construction now.

Advanced/Middle Level Tournaments get optional Wager/Non Wager Tournaments. (Entry Level is Non-Wager only).

Middle = 500k Entry Fee per member.
Advance = 1mil Entry Fee per member.
Pot is split among top 5 teams.
[SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
Post edited by KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    where do I sign up? and when will the tournament be?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2012
    where do I sign up? and when will the tournament be?

You will sign up in your server's sub-forum in a thread made (Or you can make if it's not already done). Mention if you want to be in the 1v1 or 6v6 and list your team name and members so that way no one person ends up in more than one team. And in a couple of weeks or so it will start.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    It's too expensive to refine and shard a full NPC set to +5 and immac shards when you are just going to throw it away afterwards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited April 2012
    If enough people enter it you'll get your money back and more if you place decently?
    (you can get +5 with just event gold using tisha /tiekuns and immacs from running nirvana's or tokens isn't that bad. Probably only expensive part would be socketing.)

On that note you don't HAVE to put that in the gear. People can opt out of that. It's to make it a little more interesting.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    That is just way too complicated and requiring way too much player effort to gear up to be effective.

Perhaps you should just have classes separated by gear level.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited April 2012
    It's too expensive to refine and shard a full NPC set to +5 and immac shards when you are just going to throw it away afterwards.

Not to mention the socket stones... Not that they're that expensive, but that's yet another expense...b:surrender
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The 1vs1's sounds fun, but genieless vs double'd assassins? nty.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
    edited April 2012
    Opinions like these would've been nice back when i had the POLL up >:[.

NPC gear is a bad idea tested it and you can get 1 shot easily with most of the power skills anyways... Back to the drawing board.. (Way to be helpful >:|)
    The 1vs1's sounds fun, but genieless vs double'd assassins? nty.

1v1 allows everything? 1 of each class max per team and they can't perma stealth by one of the skill restrictions.

I might not be understanding your comment completely add more fluff to it please.
    If enough people enter it you'll get your money back and more if you place decently?
    (you can get +5 with just event gold using tisha /tiekuns and immacs from running nirvana's or tokens isn't that bad. Probably only expensive part would be socketing.)

On that note you don't HAVE to put that in the gear. People can opt out of that. It's to make it a little more interesting.
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Not to mention the socket stones... Not that they're that expensive, but that's yet another expense...b:surrender
    >_>
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited April 2012
    Opinions like these would've been nice back when i had the POLL up >:[.

NPC gear is a bad idea tested it and you can get 1 shot easily with most of the power skills anyways... Back to the drawing board.. (Way to be helpful >:|)

1v1 allows everything? 1 of each class max per team and they can't perma stealth by one of the skill restrictions.

I might not be understanding your comment completely add more fluff to it please.

>_>
    I said 1vs1's sound fun, I like 1vs1'ing r9's. I wont be in the 6v6 though.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
  • krittycat
    edited April 2012

>_>

I think they're misunderstanding the 6v6. The rules specify that only one of each class is allowed... that means only 1 single assassin, no more.b:chuckle
    edited April 2012
    I think they're misunderstanding the 6v6. The rules specify that only one of each class is allowed... that means only 1 single assassin, no more.b:chuckle

I could solo a squad of 6 genieless players on an assassin, especially in npc gear.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    edited April 2012

Meh either way scrapping this until i can find an alternative where people wont complain about cost and yet it wont be a 1 shot fest..... Unless the GM's can provide time limited gear for the contestants or something... I dunno -.-'
    I could solo a squad of 6 genieless players on an assassin, especially in npc gear.

This I would love to see if the player knew their class.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• krittycat
    edited April 2012
    Meh either way scrapping this until i can find an alternative where people wont complain about cost and yet it wont be a 1 shot fest..... Unless the GM's can provide time limited gear for the contestants or something... I dunno -.-'

I can always toss the idea Frankie's way, see what he thinks...

To be exact, I'll do that right now! b:victory
    edited April 2012
    I can always toss the idea Frankie's way, see what he thinks...

To be exact, I'll do that right now! b:victory

Franks been supportive of the idea Sagek and I have been tinkering with. I think Shelly bugged him about it earlier... But unless we get more support This will just be another +1 thread of failure. >_>
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• krittycat
    edited April 2012
    Franks been supportive of the idea Sagek and I have been tinkering with. I think Shelly bugged him about it earlier... But unless we get more support This will just be another +1 thread of failure. >_>

Just bugged him again... hopefully we may see a response.b:chuckle

EDIT: And I'm in support of the idea, but not in the apparent execution of the idea. There seem to be too many holes at the moment, with stopgaps thrown in to try to remedy those holes... While they appear to be fine at first, when one inspects them further, the true nature of the stopgaps is revealed...b:surrender
    edited April 2012
    Just bugged him again... hopefully we may see a response.b:chuckle

EDIT: And I'm in support of the idea, but not in the apparent execution of the idea. There seem to be too many holes at the moment, with stopgaps thrown in to try to remedy those holes... While they appear to be fine at first, when one inspects them further, the true nature of the stopgaps is revealed...b:surrender

Well there's been a couple of threads about this where people were inquiring of the idea of such a PvP event. I took it a step further and developed the idea into a concrete suggestion with rules etc. Yes I'm sure there are tons of flaws with the general idea. But thats why I had a poll + questions and asking for feed back. I had like maybe 3 feedback and 4 from ingame players. The people who were inquiring or asking about such things added nothing (besides Sagek)
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• krittycat
    edited April 2012
    Well there's been a couple of threads about this where people were inquiring of the idea of such a PvP event. I took it a step further and developed the idea into a concrete suggestion with rules etc. Yes I'm sure there are tons of flaws with the general idea. But thats why I had a poll + questions and asking for feed back. I had like maybe 3 feedback and 4 from ingame players. The people who were inquiring or asking about such things added nothing (besides Sagek)

Sorry, I've been really, really busy the last few weeks, so I never saw that other thread.b:surrender
    edited April 2012
    Sorry, I've been really, really busy the last few weeks, so I never saw that other thread.b:surrender

I'm not saying its all your fault. Just wished people would add positive criticism and added feedback rather then the few posts I'm seeing about "whats wrong" with no suggestion of how to fix.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Swimma_Wiz - Archosaur
    Swimma_Wiz - Archosaur Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    People may switch gear during fights. I think maybe it's better to just group as R8, R9 and Morai. Like the idea though.
    edited April 2012
    People may switch gear during fights. I think maybe it's better to just group as R8, R9 and Morai. Like the idea though.

The idea is simple yes, but what about the player base who wants to try out PvP (getting their feet wet) without looking like a fool. You would have to have like 3-4 separate brackets just for gear. And then it would still be imbalanced because of refines/shards playing a role into the gear. As well as people that have parts of a set what would they go under? Meh.... Need more suggestions >:[
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• God_Exiler - Sanctuary
    God_Exiler - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2012

not sure far as how the gears look but I guess demanding everyone to take off all their fashion would reduce the attempt to cheat and I guess having a few referees spamming them with Player Information to see their gear might also work b:surrender

seems like a nice idea but i'm one to be a bit panicky in pvp XD
    No
    edited April 2012
    not sure far as how the gears look but I guess demanding everyone to take off all their fashion would reduce the attempt to cheat and I guess having a few referees spamming them with Player Information to see their gear might also work b:surrender

seems like a nice idea but i'm one to be a bit panicky in pvp XD

Fashion off would be a good idea... Have everyone Require a pre-determined safety lock timer on so they can't switch out and prove a screenshot before the start as evidence?
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• God_Exiler - Sanctuary
    God_Exiler - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    oh yeah forgot about lock lol that would work instead of having people spam the 2 fighters XD
    No
    edited April 2012
    oh yeah forgot about lock lol that would work instead of having people spam the 2 fighters XD

AHAH i proved your signature a lie >_>

back on topic. A lot are leaning toward gear based tournaments. (r8 / r9 / nirvana / tt99 / etc) but... that doesn't work so great when people have mixed gear etc. >_>
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    AHAH i proved your signature a lie >_>

back on topic. A lot are leaning toward gear based tournaments. (r8 / r9 / nirvana / tt99 / etc) but... that doesn't work so great when people have mixed gear etc. >_>

The tournament itself is a great idea. I like seeing ways to make pvp come alive again, and get people to work together. So good luck with that :)

You're right about gear brackets. Since there are lots of mixed gear (mostly sins). Doesn't seem like it would be easy to place most people using that method.
  • Swimma_Wiz - Archosaur
    Swimma_Wiz - Archosaur Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You can have R9,R8,Moai, lunar(?) TT gear.. etc? Not wearing fash maybe can help a little? but then the fight wont look as pretty xD
    edited April 2012
    You can have R9,R8,Moai, lunar(?) TT gear.. etc? Not wearing fash maybe can help a little? but then the fight wont look as pretty xD

Turn safety lock on set a timer for (30mins? maybe) take a screenshot with the gear mentioned. (you can still wear fashion that way)
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Turn safety lock on set a timer for (30mins? maybe) take a screenshot with the gear mentioned. (you can still wear fashion that way)

Still completely capable of changing gear with SL on. o.0 So i am not sure what you're getting it lol
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i liked the idea of npc gear as then there wouldent be any int involved and i can once again see all spamming and usng skills instead of stun spark aps.

just saying if aps is allowed to exist why isnt genie allowed as its how many survive such a attack.

if its based on rank i have to say i hate the idea of having a ep in robe cos i love my heavy armor and i think if aps is allowed to we used then any gear heavy light armor or robe should be allowed to so ppl can play more defensive toward it.

i still would prefer some armor with no channeling or aps in them to we used so ppl can time there own attacks with there skill but that is meb:surrender
    edited April 2012
    Problem with NPC gear is a skill like Arma or any other heavy hitting skill will 1 shot almost everyone with just npc gear. You are right about safety lock and changing.. must've been thinking bank code enabled. uhmmm I dunno Need more thoughts on this.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3