Server transfer.

Options
mordinjaja
mordinjaja Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Suggestion Box
What about giving us the opportunity to pay a certain fee to get our account moved to another server? I think alot of people would be interested and you also make money on it.
Post edited by mordinjaja on

Comments

• Shawnita - Dreamweaver
    Shawnita - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    great idea
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I agree in terms.

This transfer should prohibit PvE characters to be moved into PvP servers.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Options
    This suggestion has been made more times than I can count, and the "official" answer is as follows:

KrittyCat wrote: »
    We should be able to transfer servers!

This will not be happening anytime soon for two reasons.

A) The name cannot be changed because it interferes with the database

B) It has the potential for abuse by giving players an unfair advantage over others i.e PvE to PvP server and vice versa or an older server with better prices to a new server with more expensive prices. Suddenly, that gear is more valuable.

However, you can in fact save your characters look. Simply get a makeover scroll and save your character as a preset. Then when you make your new character you can use that preset to enjoy the same looks. Also note that it is not expressly against the ToS to offer items and coins to other players on one server for items and coins on the other server. But you must exercise caution and do at your own risk. PWE cannot be held responsible if you lose your items to another player in a bad trade. Again this is NOT recommended by PWE (nor myself, to be honest) but it is also NOT against the terms of service. If you decide to do this, you do it your own risk.

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.