A few noob questions

Options
Diri - Sanctuary
Diri - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2012 in The Crafting Nook
Hi... I'm new to PW and still figuring things out. :) Here are a few questions:

1) Do you get better equipment from crafting or from drops? (or what is the best way to get good equipment?)

2) Is it advisable to have one character focus on crafting so the 'main' character can focus on combat skills? Is that a viable way to do things?

3) For either a main character or a crafting character, is it better to focus on one or two types of crafting or could you reasonably level all of them eventually (assuming you have money and time).
Post edited by Diri - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hi... I'm new to PW and still figuring things out. :) Here are a few questions:

1) Do you get better equipment from crafting or from drops? (or what is the best way to get good equipment?)

2) Is it advisable to have one character focus on crafting so the 'main' character can focus on combat skills? Is that a viable way to do things?

3) For either a main character or a crafting character, is it better to focus on one or two types of crafting or could you reasonably level all of them eventually (assuming you have money and time).

1. best equipment be those crafted from rare drops. (examples be TT *twilight temple* gear, warsoul, frost, etc...all teh good stuff.)
    b:chuckle
    2. well if you has lots of friends who level their crafting skills and/or a faction with plenty of people with crafting skills...then you can leave virtually all your crafting at level 1.
    3. it be possible to level all crafting skills....but that's going to take alot of time and/or monies.
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nevaglar - Sanctuary
    Nevaglar - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Manufacturing skills are set appart from fighting skills. U can be the best of ur class and still concentrate on crafting stuff. If u have the patience to harvest mats or money to buy it from others, its a good idea to lvl up at least one of the 3 skills + apothecary. Apothecary will provide u with very usefull potions in mid-end-game and the other (blacksmith, tailor, craftman) will provide the ability to decompose equipment into chi stones. If u must choose one, i'd recomand tailor (armor crafting), as most drops are armor and are worthless, so u can decompose it, and u need in all 5 pieces of armor vs 1 weapon.

As for the best equip, in start-game, crafted equip will be best, but after a while, quest items and instance-mats stuff will be better. To have an idea on how good is ur equip at first, look at the name. White is useless, blue has magic, blue 2-star is magic and good, purple and 3-star is v good. After that, its yellow and green stuff.

Hope this helps!
  • Diri - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    thanks, that does help. i'll keep this in mind as I learn the game. :)
  • Diri - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    k, i did a little crafting and leveled two of the skills. but maybe i misunderstood. the skill cost takes from the Spirit, which is also used for fighting skills, right? at some point, if you advance all the manufacturing skills won't that take away from what you can add to fighting skills? Or... are there enough spirit points to go around?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    there be enough spirit.
    killing mobs and doing quests gives spirit.
    although it does take a bit of time getting spirit
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aramitus - Raging Tide
    Aramitus - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm having a problem with Decomposing and weapons.....I made some level 1 daggers and it won't give me the option to decompose them am I doing something wrong or miss something?
    All items are repaired to max aswell.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm having a problem with Decomposing and weapons.....I made some level 1 daggers and it won't give me the option to decompose them am I doing something wrong or miss something?
    All items are repaired to max aswell.

Level 1 1-star equipment simply can't be decomposed to anything, I believe.

Also keep in mind that crafting skills level 4 require level 50, and 6 requires level 80. Thus, you'll want your main to be your crafter. It's certainly possible to level all of them, but both time-consuming and expensive.
  • heedlessdaimer
    heedlessdaimer Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    because if you finish this quest did not give me the mold to create my
  • heedlessdaimer
    heedlessdaimer Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    because if you finish this quest did not give me the mold to create my gun
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    1. Don't necro. Threads over 1 month old are dead and should remain buried.

2. Don't derail threads. The weapon token quests have nothing directly to do with crafting.

3. Weapon token quests have only a 50% chance to award a mold, the other 50% of the time you get mirages. Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you have to check the auction house or catshops to see if someone is selling what you need.

4. There are no guns (from weapon token or otherwise) in Perfect World.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    because if you finish this quest did not give me the mold to create my gun

Not only did you necro a 2-year-old thread, but this game has no guns.
    Great job dude.

Edit: Didn't see there was a second page. I got epically ninja'd before I even turned on my computer xD

Man do I love upping my post count by mini-modding
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~