UVF's STEP by STEP way to get a blessing

13»

Comments

• ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    An easier way to get your Jones Blessings is as follows:
    -Go through all the normal steps until you're at the page where you select in your blessing type, server name and character.
    -Create a bookmark (doesn't really matter from what page you do this).
    -Right-click the bookmark and select properties, in the dutch version this looks like this:

scaled.php?server=28&filename=bookmarkproperties.png&res=landing

You will then get the properties window, which looks as follows:

scaled.php?server=593&filename=editbookmarkfilledin.png&res=landing

The most important part is the Location part, where you see the url to the website. Instead of a website we will change this to some javascript code. If you only want the bookmarklet to set the correct character id, fill in the following code:

[PHP]javascript:(function(){$('#character-input').val('11924385');})();[/PHP]

where you put your own character id instead of the 11924385.
    However, since we're going through all this effort already anyway, we might as well have the script fill in the whole form and submit in one click of a button. To do this fill in this code:

[PHP]javascript:(function(){$('#itemid-input').val('28297');$('#server-input').val('Archosaur');$('#character-input').val('13614130');$('#submit').click();})();[/PHP]

This is all on one line, 28297 is the id for jones blessing, Archosaur is the server you're on, and 13614130 is your character id. Whichever method you use, the properties of the bookmark should look something like this now:

editbookmarkfilledin.png

Save the changes and, assuming you're still on the correct page, simply click the bookmark and the correct character id will be filled in. If you use the first script, you have to manually fill in the server and blessing; you will see no change after pressing the bookmark. This is normal, simply press the button to submit and everything should work. If you use the second script, you will see it submitting the form instantly.

Biggest advantage is that you have the bookmark to use every future time you want to fill in the form, so it'll actually save you some work in future ;)
  • joaopbpinheiro
    joaopbpinheiro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ItsAWolf i have one word for you Fantastic
  • Segolily - Heavens Tear
    Segolily - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    b:thanks thank you thank you! Been without my blessing in TW for 2 weeks b:cry Your step by step explanation solved the problem! b:kiss
  • Velishia - Lost City
    Velishia - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I followed your steps and when I tried to open the bookmark, it didn't anything at all. It didn't even try to load something.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    I followed your steps and when I tried to open the bookmark, it didn't anything at all. It didn't even try to load something.

Which of the two scripts did you use, please paste it?
    Were you at the page where you select the blessing/server/character at the time you clicked it?

I've tried it in chrome and firefox, and IE, all are working :)

As far as you can call IE working that is >.>
  • Velishia - Lost City
    Velishia - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Which of the two scripts did you use, please paste it?
    Were you at the page where you select the blessing/server/character at the time you clicked it?

I've tried it in chrome and firefox, and IE, all are working :)

As far as you can call IE working that is >.>

I used this one javascript:(function(){$('#character-input').val('901120');})();

I only put my P id instead of yours
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    I used this one javascript:(function(){$('#character-input').val('901120');})();

I only put my P id instead of yours

If you use that one, you won't see anything happening after pressing the bookmark, you'll have to press the submit button yourself.
  • Lucistella - Sanctuary
    Lucistella - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ItsAWolf, thank you! I can finally get my blessing again after a month!

I am curious, though, what the GMs think of this method?
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    ItsAWolf, thank you! I can finally get my blessing again after a month!

I am curious, though, what the GMs think of this method?

I don't see how they could have any issue with me using a bookmark b:shocked

I don't really see how they could have an issue with it, as you're just performing the actions the page should. Besides, the result is completely indistinguishable from a correctly functioning page on their side.
  • Lucistella - Sanctuary
    Lucistella - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I don't see how they could have any issue with me using a bookmark b:shocked

I don't really see how they could have an issue with it, as you're just performing the actions the page should. Besides, the result is completely indistinguishable from a correctly functioning page on their side.

Well, that's good to know. I finally convinced my husband to let me do it. b:victory
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2012
    It's not like you're using the exploit that was uncovered allowing people to send themselves whatever they wanted, not just blessings. And I think if they had an issue with it, they might have said so already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XaanhaaI - Momaganon
    XaanhaaI - Momaganon Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Thank you so much UVF!! owe you big time b:dirty b:dirty b:dirty
  • Selinynn - Heavens Tear
    Selinynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!