Perfect world start problems

losemagiclose
losemagiclose Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Support Desk
Dear forum-guys,

I have problems with starting perfect world, I installed and updated al files and it take me 5 hours (or more) I think that was because i havend played for a while.

I thought that i was ready to play but i pressed start button and it started up but i just see black screen and 2 secs later its going to my windows screen again.

How to fix this?

Love,
Magic

I know that this is maybe a old problem but I havend played for like 8 months.
Post edited by losemagiclose on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2012
    Need more information.
    Tip: The above line is a hyperlink that you should click on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Forum etiquette dictates: try to find a similar problem before posting a new thread, so i'll try to be as descriptive as i can

Today, after a long, LONG absence (maybe over a year) i came back to help a friend for a while and honestly, because i have 2 weeks of vacations ahead of me and can't spare the cash for a road trip

Anyway, the instalation went more or less smoothly, but when i try to start the game, it prompts me to update; i remember it being like that, so i accept and set it up to "automatically find server"

The game updates fine, and after a little wait, it says "version 624" and oddly, it says that an update is found and asks me wheter i want or not to update; the choice was irrelevant tho, for nothing happened after i clicked "yes", so i clicked start

After clicking start, my cursor changes to PWI cursor and the screen turns black, but after a little waiting it goes back to the launcher, which closes after another 20 or so seconds

When i open the client again, it's like i never updated, it says "version 621" again and once again it says that a new version has been found and asks me wheter i want or not to update; whatever i choose is irrelevant, for it will start updating even after i choose "no", and after that it's just rinse and repeat

Note that i was able to play the game before (look at my character) and now i am using the "verify" function on the client to check if anything's wrong; however it's been running for about 2 hours and more or less 1% of the progress bar has turned yellow, which doesn't look too promising, so i was wondering if there was a known fix for this

Here's the dxdiag log

System Information
    Time of this report: 4/20/2012, 23:42:44
    Machine name: PERSONAL
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.090722-1835)
    Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Spanish)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: HP 530 Notebook PC
    BIOS: KBC Version 82.15
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5200 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
    Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 2040MB RAM
    Page File: 1680MB used, 2397MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

DirectX Debug Levels
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

Display Devices
    Card name: Familia Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0)
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 950
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27AE&SUBSYS_30D5103C&REV_03
    Display Memory: 256 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
    Shared Memory: 256 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Monitor PnP gen
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2012
    In response to Daikataro - Dreamweaver,

It's interesting what you said at the beginning of the post. Unfortunately, your issue not only is one that's been posted here many times recently and answered, but your post has nothing to do with the OP's issue and should have been put into a new thread since you didn't find the answer.

Disable your antivirus. Add the client directory to the exception lists for the antivirus and try again.
    It's also a good practice to set patcher.exe to run with administrator rights.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]