How common are we?

Minelava - Harshlands
Minelava - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Assassin
After playing for only a few minutes, the common thing I was noticing from the global faction recruitments... was that nobody was looking for sins.

Almost every single recruitment message I saw had a (no sins) thrown in there somewhere, and it's made me a little concerned.

Now, I'm on a PvP server, so having a large amount of a stealther class isn't particularly surprising... but this seems a little over the top. I'm not exactly a hipster, but I can't see a particularly grand gaming experience coming from an obnoxiously over-played class.

So, uh... how common are Assassins, exactly?
Post edited by Minelava - Harshlands on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The most played class by far.

Assassins have a really good selection of skills, we get stealth and we get the best DPS. Also, our DPH is superior to that of the #2 DPS class.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    all you other sins should reroll immediately ( plz plz plz )
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Minelava - Harshlands
    Minelava - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well, in that case, I'll probably reroll to something else. Maybe a Seeker.

They seem to be a tad underrated.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The most played class by far.

Assassins have a really good selection of skills, we get stealth and we get the best DPS. Also, our DPH is superior to that of the #2 DPS class.

Nor do your skills look horribly outdated.

The assassin/rogue/ninja archetype in itself tends to be kind of overplayed in pretty much any game as well...

To answer the OP's question: it's hard to give you any kind of trustworthy number, but assassins are indeed really, really, really common.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    After playing for only a few minutes, the common thing I was noticing from the global faction recruitments... was that nobody was looking for sins.

Almost every single recruitment message I saw had a (no sins) thrown in there somewhere, and it's made me a little concerned.

Now, I'm on a PvP server, so having a large amount of a stealther class isn't particularly surprising... but this seems a little over the top. I'm not exactly a hipster, but I can't see a particularly grand gaming experience coming from an obnoxiously over-played class.

Very common indeed.

In the beginning 20 TT80 sins are trying to gank a R9 psy so someone gets their alt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2012

They take up most of the population of just about all servers, mainly due to a couple of reasons:

~ Its the most OP class in the game and completely broken 1v1 PvP. (especially with high lvl gear)

~ With 5aps (5 attacks per second) and really good gear they can solo farm pretty much everything in the game.

~ Most players already have high lvl sin alts

And some reasons I think they wouldn't want any Assassins in their guilds might be because:

~ Most people already has a high lvl Assassin alt so some people wouldn't any more in their guilds.

~ Not the best class for TW's due to lack of AoE skills

Pretty much, until the Assassins get fixed you won't be seeing them leaving anytime soon... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Very common indeed.

In the beginning 20 TT80 sins are trying to gank a R9 psy so someone gets their alt.
    LMAO! Pro reference there Cat xD Kudosb:victory
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Yup, sins are fairly common, though there are different sublevels of sins that I've seen. The majority are squishy farming alts that have +7 vana daggers and 6-7k hp buffed.

Most of the reasons are stated here, and as a r9 sin our DPH and DPS are insanely high as compared to others.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    We're a bit TOO common if you ask me. The amount of sins we have on RT is ridiculous. And the amount of sins that know how to play it? Not much and it's honestly surprising considering how easy this class is to master.

I still vote on making sins an IQ locked class. <_<
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Not only are we common....but most are built the exact same way.

The same interval gear with Barrier Thorns. Attack of the Clones.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Not only are we common....but most are built the exact same way.

The same interval gear with Barrier Thorns. Attack of the Clones.

^ This b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    if you want originality and aps play a bm many diffrent ways to achieve 5 aps.
  • PeituLover - Harshlands
    PeituLover - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If you want to be a bit different. Go sage. Not many of those around.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012

Au contraire.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited April 2012

I see as many Sage Sins as demon lately .

i dont think originality is really achievable with an assassin , they all pretty much resemble each other.

Their only difference nowdays is their level of refines >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Not everyone has a barb alt, not everyone has a cleric alt, not everyone has a seeker alt... Everyone has a sin alt. For farming purposes but alot of people spend so much time farming it just becomes their main.

Even in my group of friends we had a good mix of sin, bm, cleric, barb, mystic,... but now everyone has their OP sin so when we go farm we have to rotate in sins lol.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Not everyone has a barb alt, not everyone has a cleric alt, not everyone has a seeker alt... Everyone has a sin alt. For farming purposes but alot of people spend so much time farming it just becomes their main.

Even in my group of friends we had a good mix of sin, bm, cleric, barb, mystic,... but now everyone has their OP sin so when we go farm we have to rotate in sins lol.

I would actually say cleric alts are more common than sins. As shop alts.

Most don't level them for any purpose, though. I leveled mine for buffs and will get him to 75 for opening FCC, maybe.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Cleric/archer alts are famous for shop alts due to being able to fly at level 1.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Cleric/archer alts are famous for shop alts due to being able to fly at level 1.
    And namely cleric because their higher MP regen allows them to fly indefinitely with the starter wings.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    And namely cleric because their higher MP regen allows them to fly indefinitely with the starter wings.

yeah, mine are clerics.... did an archer once, he made it halfway to arch, and fell down into a nice pile of mobs b:shocked
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Myrakou - Sanctuary
    Myrakou - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Given stealth FCCs here seem to form at least as fast as normal ones, if not faster... very common. Sins are the new venos. OP farmers people roll to, well farm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]