Move forward, Leap back

Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Archer
When I'm moving forward a use a leap, I end up leaping in the direction and backwards a bit. This is noticeable on normal running forward, and is more pronounced when using Holy Path.

Does anyone else see this?
Post edited by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    My best guess would be that the leap is porting you to the left/right side of whatever spot you were at when you pressed the button, much like an assassin's telestun ports them to the spot you were in when they hit the skill button. You would move forward more between pressing the skill button and the activation of the skill, hence the effect of moving backwards. It would also explain why the effect would be more pronounced during holy path.

This is all just a guess of course, I missed like a month of morai dailies so I don't have my leaps yet >.>
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2012
    I tried that. Using holy path, when I let go of moving forward, I stop exactly where I let go. However, when I leap while in holy path, I move backwards a bit.

Ah well.
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Tried holy path+leap, I move diagonal backwards, not straight backwards but that most likely is because the speed is to fast for the cast time which will do what _blood_rain said, teleport you somewhere near where you clicked it even tho it says "instant" but then again its PWI..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If youve ever multi cliented with yourself you'd notice that from a third party you appear to be significantly farther back than you expect. Basically the movement updates are not as snappy as you'd see with something like a first person shooter. This is done to be more efficient with large groups of people.

That means when walking around the server has an idea of your position farther back than where you think you are. This server position is what is used for the leap. This is also why if you are stunned while running you will rubberband back a little. Also this is probably why you arent really able to attack things while moving.. the engine just doesn't handle movements that well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2012
    Those are the assumptions I made initially. What confused me was that when I simply run with Holy Path, and then let go of the movement button, I stop immediately as opposed to snapping back to some previous position. It was this finding that made me doubt my assumptions.