FC Glitch Update

Comments

• RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I am still not very pleased with how this is being handled. You honestly should not have done anything if you were only going to give these people a temp ban. All that this did was stir up more ****.

And unfortunately these people gained a huge edge from a glitch that was handled poorly. However, it was their own fault for using this glitch. They knew it wasnt supposed to be done this way, yet they do it anyway -_-

I am sure they can read ToS just like everyone else.

I only suggest rolling back their exp that they got from the goons themselves. Or as close as you can get it. And if they went from 1-101+ it's their own fault :D
  • IGhost - Harshlands
    IGhost - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ofcourse you should re-roll 8 months worth of glitching. after all it wont be the ones that didnt glitch getting re-rolled, so its only fair. fraankie, do you play some 105 char you wanna keep?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    We're going to ahead and turn on 2x EXP/Spirit for one month, from 4/25 to 5/23. I know it's not a solution to this situation, but it should be something that we can build on.

So that's your fix to everything? Give 2x? Come on, that's just another embarassment.

How about you stop making excuses and fix FCC so the second half is worth doing again and 100+ people get an effective way to catch up with gooners? I'm so sick of those half-assed 'fixes'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    How many of your friends did you get off by knowing Frankie

Why are some ppl removed from rankings due to frost glitch unbanne when you said it was a 7 day ban

Please avoid flaming members of the community. Thank you. b:thanks
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Glad to see ppl are PKing in SP, as well as abusing the multi-client rules since this ruling. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    We're going to ahead and turn on 2x EXP/Spirit for one month, from 4/25 to 5/23. I know it's not a solution to this situation, but it should be something that we can build on.

I doubt anyone can level from 101 to 105 with one month of 2x XP.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Glad to see ppl are PKing in SP, as well as abusing the multi-client rules since this ruling. b:victory

I'll be damned if anyone will bother reporting from now on. b:surrender
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited April 2012

guess we should all go use the PQ3 xp glitch now as well
  • sweetandkind
    sweetandkind Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    While it takes effort, it shouldn't have been available to begin with, nor should it have been available for as long as it did. It does feel like exploiters are being commended for their efforts, while the rest of the players who avoided from violating the (now useless) ToS - have been punished far greatly than those who did.

Glitches are very much a part of the game and it is hard to play without getting affected by it.

Often times glitches / design flaws become part of normal gameplay. Consider the mass use of the Cast-Cancel glitch in PVP (no bans there) and the bizarre dps of 5.0 (developers said this was unintended), and even veno pet pulling (developers call this a glitch but don't really care).

You encounter glitches constantly in this game and they persist for years. Most of the time glitches are harmful (like logout glitch when entering RB, being stuck after using a Teleport Stun). Occasionally they are helpful: using earthflame to pull, being able to pick up 2 BHs at reset, being able to kill "immune to damage" mobs.

In any case you have to look at the actions the company takes to figure out how they feel about glitches. You can't really believe what they say when they claim things like +11/+12 orbs caused "client instability". If they leave something up for a long time and don't take any action that tells people its ok to use.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    It's just Exp/Spirit, since the whole FC ordeal was based on Exp rates.

Can you be straight up with us Frank? Why can't the solution to this problem be actually fixing FC?
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Please avoid flaming members of the community. Thank you. b:thanks
    How is speaking the truth flaming. It's common knowledge this person is fiends with the cm
    Why aren't you modding the lost city forums there's a thread nearing 30 pages filled with flames but no one has touched it. Is it because the people aren't big csers?

This brings me to my next question
    People were banned for this glitch
    Frankie said it was a 7 day ban
    And removed from rankings

There are some people unbanned today that are not on rankings. Why
    Here we go again....
  • FrostGlitch - Lost City
    FrostGlitch - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Can you be straight up with us Frank? Why can't the solution to this problem be actually fixing FC?

The PWI staff has no power to fix Frostcovered City. Only the devs in China can do that. Seeing as China cannot turn on hypers in frost this was/will never be a problem for them; so apparently they can't be bothered to fix the glitch.
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited April 2012
    We're not going to perma-ban a huge portion of the player-base.

i dont think people expected you to perma ban anyone, but on the other hand i also dont think they expected you to let them off with nothing but a 7 day slapped wrist, even less if the rumors are true of you already unbanning people.
    a better solution would have to have handed out a worthwhile ban, so do it now while you still have chance. ban the glitched accounts, not just the toons for the full 1 month period of the x2 xp, since those that glitched will still benefit on any non 105 toons
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    Monkeytoes - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Glitch lasted 4 months, I'm counting everything people have done since November.

isn't that a risk that people knowingly took when they decided to glitch?
    if the glitchers actually LOSE something as punishment, didn't they bring that upon themselves?

any reason (other than the banned people being able to participate) in the 1 week delay in turning on the 2x?
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    So a 7 Day ban to stop the qq ? It would be wrong if id say i hoped for a setback to level 103 for all level 105 player that hadn't this level yet when the glitch became public but somehow this is dissapointing.
    I hate Room 38
  • paralleogram
    edited April 2012
    isn't that a risk that people knowingly took when they decided to glitch?
    if the glitchers actually LOSE something as punishment, didn't they bring that upon themselves?

any reason (other than the banned people being able to participate) in the 1 week delay in turning on the 2x?

Cant lose anything if ppl are already unbanned
    Here we go again....
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    Monkeytoes - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    guess we should all go use the PQ3 xp glitch now as well

well, according to frankie, that isnt a glitch anyways, so go for it!
  • paralleogram
    edited April 2012
    So a 7 Day ban to stop the qq ? It would be wrong if id say i hoped for a setback to level 103 for all level 105 player that hadn't this level yet when the glitch became public but somehow this is dissapointing.

It's only a 1 day ban for the elite
    Here we go again....
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'm definitely not delighted, nor emotionless. The instance boss wasn't changed quickly enough by a longshot, and the end-result was widespread exploitation. We're not going to perma-ban a huge portion of the player-base. We're not going to roll-back 8 months worth of peoples' effort. It was a failure on our part in not fixing the issue quickly, and a failure on the glitching players' part for breaking the rules. What we need to do now is learn from these mistakes and move forward, looking toward the future of PWI.

The future looks pretty grim. How do you expect to "look forward to the future", when none of the staff of your company are present besides one day a week to state "no maint". Your company oppress the views of anyone who doesn't bow down to you, there is no support at all.

Again, there are reasons why private servers are flourishing at present. It's not because people want to play another server for the sake of another server. It's because there is actual support from the creators and runners of the server they play on. There is none of that here. Nothing. The ticket system has been an auto-ban/auto-response joke since 2010. The forums have no GMs/CMs but one per week. Trying to get a staff member of PWE on a business hour in-game isn't going to work, either. Sending a PM to frankie (you), or another staff member of PWE on the forums will result in either: nothing, or a ban.

So, frankly... You guys "didn't" fail. You still are. You don't even exist besides one day per week, so why would the player base care at this point?
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Glitch lasted 4 months, I'm counting everything people have done since November.

Im sorry but people were goon glitching earthguards the day they popped! You want names and proof message me. So Im assuming you are counting everything from November 2010 and not November 2011? I dont know how you get 4 months.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The future looks pretty grim. How do you expect to "look forward to the future", when none of the staff of your company are present besides one day a week to state "no maint". Your company oppress the views of anyone who doesn't bow down to you, there is no support at all.

Again, there are reasons why private servers are flourishing at present. It's not because people want to play another server for the sake of another server. It's because there is actual support from the creators and runners of the server they play on. There is none of that here. Nothing. The ticket system has been an auto-ban/auto-response joke since 2010. The forums have no GMs/CMs but one per week. Trying to get a staff member of PWE on a business hour in-game isn't going to work, either. Sending a PM to frankie (you), or another staff member of PWE on the forums will result in either: nothing, or a ban.

So, frankly... You guys "didn't" fail. You still are. You don't even exist besides one day per week, so why would the player base care at this point?

exactly. I was really surprise how many players are on private servers. I have to say lol.
    PWI is practically dead game. Not by players but by support. And later will be by players also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hey all,

Today, the very worst offenders of this glitch exploitation have been given a temporary ban on their characters. They have also been removed from the PWI Rankings Page. While the case has been made that more people should have been banned, and permanently, for their transgressions, the fact is that we at PWE must take some of the blame for the glitch existing for as long as it did (4 months). For this reason we will not be banning anyone permanently for taking part in the exploitation.

-The PWI Team

*Snipped out worthless garbage*

Trem you called it and anybody else who placed their bet on it being temp bans and PWE going "Well it's our fault" to avoid perma-banning their heaviest cash shoppers.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'm definitely not delighted, nor emotionless. The instance boss wasn't changed quickly enough by a longshot, and the end-result was widespread exploitation. We're not going to perma-ban a huge portion of the player-base. We're not going to roll-back 8 months worth of peoples' effort. It was a failure on our part in not fixing the issue quickly, and a failure on the glitching players' part for breaking the rules. What we need to do now is learn from these mistakes and move forward, looking toward the future of PWI.

as you clearly understand, the damage cause by creating and allowing the glitch to exist for such a long period of time created circumstances within the game that are irreversible without extremely dire consequences for both the player base and the company.

the obvious solution is to restore the dragoon experience, and allow the glitch to be exploited, the same way that the first time you all made Secret Passage a PVP enabled area it was touted as a feature.

there is already a huge divide between players who can pay and those who cant (and haven't mastered merchanting) the removing the goon glitch benefit creates a further divide by separating those who followed the rules from those who didnt, and giving a benefit to those who didnt.

the obvious solution is to restore the goon xp, and allow people to use the spawn glitch. Put all players on an equal ground, at least leveling-wise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elstraya - Heavens Tear
    Elstraya - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hi,

Temporary ban for players who abused this glitch and a month of 2x is not good enough.
    But, hey, it's the only half-arsed "solution" we are gonna get from you guys. Sad but true and kinda what I expected from PWI.

Those who are asking for some quick way to also get to 105 so we can "match" the glitch abusers are also thinking about it wrong IMHO. Even if they offered some web page where you could sign up for a 7 day ban in return for level 105 I would not do it and I refused to run any glitched FF runs despite many offers^^

The point is that the game is supposed to be fun, a way for people to meet and enjoy the journey of leveling up together. These days all everyone cares about is best gear (rank 8/9, nirvana, recasts) etc, doing stuff quickly and power leveling fast. Its more a one player game than an MMO these days. Few people play in the open map or socialize and folks get to level 100 in a flash. Then what. I dunno what all these level 105s find to do apart from running a few instances and making alts and doing it all again.

Best fix for me would be to put a lvl 70 cap on going into FF and dis-allow the use of Hypers in there.

Anyways, cya around...
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    as you clearly understand, the damage cause by creating and allowing the glitch to exist for such a long period of time created circumstances within the game that are irreversible without extremely dire consequences for both the player base and the company.

the obvious solution is to restore the dragoon experience, and allow the glitch to be exploited, the same way that the first time you all made Secret Passage a PVP enabled area it was touted as a feature.

there is already a huge divide between players who can pay and those who cant (and haven't mastered merchanting) the removing the goon glitch benefit creates a further divide by separating those who followed the rules from those who didnt, and giving a benefit to those who didnt.

the obvious solution is to restore the goon xp, and allow people to use the spawn glitch. Put all players on an equal ground, at least leveling-wise.

I would add to this the removal of 10 activation limit on hypers.
  • paralleogram
    edited April 2012
    I think all bans should be removed since some people have already been unbanned
    Here we go again....
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    While it takes effort, it shouldn't have been available to begin with, nor should it have been available for as long as it did. It does feel like exploiters are being commended for their efforts, while the rest of the players who avoided from violating the (now useless) ToS - have been punished far greatly than those who did.

This..

So that's your fix to everything? Give 2x? Come on, that's just another embarassment.

How about you stop making excuses and fix FCC so the second half is worth doing again and 100+ people get an effective way to catch up with gooners? I'm so sick of those half-assed 'fixes'.

..This...

.....and This.

Coming from PW-MY many many years ago, it's been interesting to see the rise and the now diminishing standard of this game. What with the complete disconnect of the company from the player base, this was to be expected. I am severely disappointed at Frankie.

"Oh don't worry, turn on 2x, that'll sate them."

....no, it most certainly will not.

PWI are the only ones to blame for the increased amount of people immigrating to private servers. I'm going to have to agree with Trem that I foresee PWI turning into a PW-MY state of destitution very very soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited April 2012

I think in their eyes they are going along the lines that the problem is fixed there were casualitys and it was our fault but now the future players will not have to deal with the issue of speed lvling to 105.

If they let it go again everone who knew about it and everyone and their alts would be 105 and can you imagine how much this game would suck if EVERYONE was lvl 105?
  • warcrafte
    warcrafte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    yes but that's not what we want
    1-perma bann the player would be insane (not what we want)
    2-bringing bk the glitch would be insane 2
    3-2x exp is nothing it boost x13 instead of normal x12....
    4-resetting everyone to 103 is probably the best solution not ideal but nothing is ideal so frankie think about it it's really the best solution and ik plenty of ppl who quitted that will come bk everyone would respect that so frankie what do u say..?
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2012

So when are you going to fix things like pk in the first room of the cube?
    It's been there since beta and the dev's haven't lifted a finger to correct it.
    Was this a glitch that you lost money on, so that 's why it was corrected?
    Other glitches has been there for years and absolutely nothing has been done to correct it
This discussion has been closed.