proof that this game is no where close to dead

Comments

• ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Ofc the game ins't dead... Everyday some new victim that has given up on his/her prior game, (prob due to the same issues this one has,) surfs over at the f2p game-list site. Bumps into PWI little intro film, gets caught up in the fantasy of it. DLs the game, sits for hours in awe at the unlimited amount of customizations. Log in game see all the cool stuff they could have. Join some faction from ninja invite, get coached that the game isnt fun till end game TWs by other nubs that haven't gotten there yet, so they sit in FCs till thier eyes bleed. they leave nub faction join TW faction. Spend more time getting one shot before leaving base then contributing to the TW. they get the competitive bug, swipe the card, get r9 + 12 full DoD- and end up in 15 min winning TWs every week. Then wonder why the hell the game is so boring....then uninstall and check f2p game site.
    re
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    PWI is dead in the same fashion a college or university is dead during spring break. Sure, a few people stay behind and there are some staff there, but campus is empty. Except, the difference is that once spring break is over, they're all going back to campus.

Lost City must be dismal by that account....

Sanctuary still College during Semester.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bearishidonteven
    bearishidonteven Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2012

be drinkin corona all day nahm sayin b:victory
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    1) people are spending more than ever

I wonder?

I mean, people definitely did spend like crazy over the huge sales at December. But that was quite a few months ago. When I look at the game now, we have pack sale after pack sale but tokens keep rising, creeping over the 15k mark now. And gold steadily creeps a little lower. Most players I know, including myself, are waiting for that 5x Ocean Orb for 100 gold and 5 silver 1 star orb sale, but it never comes. I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly haven't "given in" and spent hundreds on full price orbs, I've charged next to nothing.

The lack of good sales actually could be a sign PWI is trying to keep the game afloat. If they were seriously "desperate", they'd drop the prices on all the desirable items again and reel in cash before the end. Either that or they're making us desperate before launching a massive last sale. Who knows? Either way, spending definitely isn't at a peak right now.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Dont Incinerate All Bruce Lee's Observations 3!

Games name in caps, coming may 15th yay!
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The OP was right about one thing! Some of us are definitely spending more... on other games.

I don't think the game will totally die, but it will resemble a ghost town by the end of the year. Have fun PKing tumbleweeds! b:chuckle
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2012

It's easy to find out. Grab a telecoustic, go on a random character that nobody knows. Say something crazy, stupid or trollish on world chat. How many replies do you get?

Well, back in 09 if you would chatted even some inane BS, you'd have at least 40-50 unique replies... some begging for teles, others begging for money cause they see you spending money on teles, trollls, perverts, people asking for quest help, a half dozen "oops wrong person", a few people telling you how much of an idiot you are, a few people telling you how funny that was.

Now, if you grab a tele and do the same thing. Oh, you're lucky to get a response or two.

Hell, in Russia in 09, their servers were so packed there would be 50 people waiting in line for hours in room 49 just to finish, for comparison's sake. PWI has never had a full server, ever.

The whole masquerade that the servers are busy are still in place. All the random people who once populated the open map are gone. They just didn't go into instances to hyperfrost so they could buy rank gear. They left for greener pastures.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    bearish's thread still going b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    b:angry

Then you'd sure think I'm a male gamer <.<

b:chuckle And i have male toons.

I have male char too, but i can count on one hand the girls that OWN a male char, actually i know 3, the rest are all using their friends or boyfriends account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i'm kinda worried now. for over 2 years there were threads like "game is dead and burried" but now we have this...b:chuckle
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    It's easy to find out. Grab a telecoustic, go on a random character that nobody knows. Say something crazy, stupid or trollish on world chat. How many replies do you get?

Well, back in 09 if you would chatted even some inane BS, you'd have at least 40-50 unique replies... some begging for teles, others begging for money cause they see you spending money on teles, trollls, perverts, people asking for quest help, a half dozen "oops wrong person", a few people telling you how much of an idiot you are, a few people telling you how funny that was.

Now, if you grab a tele and do the same thing. Oh, you're lucky to get a response or two.

Hell, in Russia in 09, their servers were so packed there would be 50 people waiting in line for hours in room 49 just to finish, for comparison's sake. PWI has never had a full server, ever.

The whole masquerade that the servers are busy are still in place. All the random people who once populated the open map are gone. They just didn't go into instances to hyperfrost so they could buy rank gear. They left for greener pastures.

Add "On Lost City" to the end of this.

BTW, when sanc was down my friend and I went to LC to troll. He started something of a commotion in your World Chat, which was otherwise completely dead....

Things like this make me wonder certain things about how LC (as well as some other servers) became the way it is.

It'd be kinda late now, but you should have tried Sanctuary. I still run into random people when I town tele from WQ (don't laugh) in the middle of nowhere questing and doing random stuff quite often. WC never stops, most people keep it off because it's annoying. West is cram packed, instance entrances are always busy, people form BHs in center or WC all day pretty much....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArenaSkies - Sanctuary
    ArenaSkies - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Yeh, I don't know about you guys but Sanctuary is pretty packed. It doesn't seem dead to me at all.
    Dumbledore: Lily... after all this time?

Snape: Always.
  • SteamyFish - Lost City
    SteamyFish - Lost City Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    wen i wc i still get a *** load of trashy responses

imo its not dead
  • PsychoAnal - Archosaur
    PsychoAnal - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    It's the same on archosaur, there are plenty of people. People will be playing this game for years to come even when the two new games come out. They might just wanna sit back and TW on a simple game like this or maybe their computers can't handle the newer games. Meh it's whateves.
    edited April 2012
    Add "On Lost City" to the end of this.

No. Add Sanct and HL to that. I've spent a fair amount of time on Sanct and lots on LC and HL. You can probably add RT and most assuredly the two newest servers to the list too.

BTW, when sanc was down my friend and I went to LC to troll. He started something of a commotion in your World Chat, which was otherwise completely dead....

Things like this make me wonder certain things about how LC (as well as some other servers) became the way it is.

It'd be kinda late now, but you should have tried Sanctuary. I still run into random people when I town tele from WQ (don't laugh) in the middle of nowhere questing and doing random stuff quite often. WC never stops, most people keep it off because it's annoying. West is cram packed, instance entrances are always busy, people form BHs in center or WC all day pretty much....

I did roll there and it did have a little more activity overall, it wasn't significantly more though.

I loved PW when the population was much higher. It's kinda sad when 90% of the strangers you'd see on a server is someone's alt that you failed to recognize.
  • Nareeah - Lost City
    Nareeah - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    What Michael says

TW on LC is ruined, world PvP is dead, no new players and all "new names" are alts
    checked HL server, not much better

i still play for friends, when we find a new MMO we be gone with the wind b:bye

as for calling the game dead, yeah it is ( no new players, no new content - morai skills are nothing)
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If you people think the game is still bringing in loads of new players just go to the starter towns and you'll see it isn't so..it's nearly dead compared to what it used to be...the game will drag on but most the players you see now are 2nd 3rd 4th 5th player toons not new players
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    b:chuckle

Three people who play daily on Sanctuary/Arch say it's "crowded" "packed" or otherwise "not dead" and you say we're wrong. I see where this goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012

Three people who play daily on Sanctuary/Arch say it's "crowded" "packed" or otherwise "not dead" and you say we're wrong. I see where this goes.

I could care less what three random people have to say.

No new players. Many old players have gone. Yeah, game is doing better than ever.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Total responses/Total amount of people on server:
    3/3
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Micheal_Dark QQ Posts/Micheal_Dark Posts

1:1 ratio
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I have proof that Lost City is dead. I got on my mount and rode into West Arch and sat there. Nothing.

Silver Pool. Nothing.

Hidden Orchid. Nothing.

The problem is that there used to be so many R9 +12 sins everywhere you couldn't get anything done. Good luck trying to turn something in at Heaven's Tear without getting endlessly PK'ed. PWE really ruined the game with R9, unfortunately.

The PvE servers are doing better, but it's only a matter of time before people get bored of the lopsided TWs and stupid glitches.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Now we have Wuild Gars 2 and 3iablo D waiting for us... PWE also came out with LackBlight Retribution recently, so if you like PWE's games there is a fun-looking FPS to play. Finally, there are always the private servers if you want PWI but better gear balance...
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    P.s: there's a lot of guys who pretend be girls too or playing female chars, but how many girl you know who play male chars (not their bf chars or friend chars their OWN male char). I dunno how many guys i know pretented be a girl to get free stuff. b:chuckle[/COLOR]

Just a good solid -- One. And it's an alt.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Uriah - Raging Tide
    Uriah - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    This game has gotten ridiculously expensive. Even to get Nirvana gear and socket and shard it, the cost is ridiculous. Let alone R9. Shards have gone through the roof. You either have to have no real life outside of the game, or be loaded with cash to be competitive anymore. And IMO, spending thousands of dollars on unreal estate that belongs to someone else is stupid when you could spend the money and have really nice things irl. I think more and more people are starting to figure out that this game is about nothing but cash...
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I wonder?

I've been noticing over past several weeks, in wc, you don't see NEARLY as many
    of those red System Messages: "so-and-so just won a Perfect Token of Best Luck"
    or whatever.

It seems a year or so ago, those messages came up every few seconds, all day
    long. Now you see a flurry of them every so often, but not the constant barrage
    like there used to be. Maybe ppl are spending their money on other items now
    instead of the packs, idk.

I just wish PWE would decide to recommit to this game--throw all their resources
    into it like they were making a whole new game. Revamp it, refine it, re-market
    it. Use what they have now as a basis, but really go all out to bring it up to a
    whole new level. Not only would they keep all the ppl who are playing now, I bet
    a great many ppl who played in the past, then quit, would come back out of
    curiosity.

I'm sure it's just a pipe dream tho. I just tend to be of the old school, who
    believes in making a product that lasts. I'm a dinosaur in this age of
    planned obsolescence I guess.
  • tientiensuser
    tientiensuser Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Id like to see them make a new game. A PW2, and allow old players the incentive to transfer to the new title.
  • Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary
    Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Id like to see them make a new game. A PW2, and allow old players the incentive to transfer to the new title.

you mean PWI2, not PW2 b:laugh , cuz we are playing the second game (f2p client) and not the first game (p2p client).
  • Kasira - Harshlands
    Kasira - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    This game has gotten ridiculously expensive. Even to get Nirvana gear and socket and shard it, the cost is ridiculous. Let alone R9. Shards have gone through the roof. You either have to have no real life outside of the game, or be loaded with cash to be competitive anymore. And IMO, spending thousands of dollars on unreal estate that belongs to someone else is stupid when you could spend the money and have really nice things irl. I think more and more people are starting to figure out that this game is about nothing but cash...

Absolutely agree with this. At a time when global austerity is hitting everyone hard, to charge the hideous prices they do is totally unfathomable. I'm not going to spend another penny on this. I've found a new game to play and once my veno makes 100, you won't see my heels for dust. I don't have to worry about the friends I made in game because they've already left.

Stupid thing is, this could all be fixed really quickly. Give people 100 gold for 10 dollars/pounds/euros instead of 10. Simple economics really. You maximise profits by finding the equilibrium between supply and demand. Right now, they're charging as much as they can and that inevitably leads to failure. You can't charge more than a product is worth or people won't buy it.

Servers are emptying fast to the point where even Snowy village is not longer busy. And it's not just because of the prices, the game has become ridiculous thanks to fc and the thousands of clueless failures it's created. Most sins don't know what "squad" means, more than half the clerics don't know how to heal and on the rare occasion you find a barb, it doesn't know how to tank. Why? Because those who learned to play their classes are fed up with these failures and have gone elsewhere. Is this game dead? Pains me to say it after all the work I put in on my characters but undeniably, yes it is.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    People whine because prices are too good: "Rank 9 sale killed PWI"

People whine because prices are absurd: "to charge the hideous prices they do is totally unfathomable"

Every time PWI does something they think the player base wants (based on feedback whiny forum trolls): more whines just keep coming.

Just **** people and play the game or leave. Even if you get what you want: you wont be happy. If it's dead: quit wasting your time here.
  • RandomDent - Dreamweaver
    RandomDent - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    thumbs wrote: »
    People whine because prices are too good: "Rank 9 sale killed PWI"

People whine because prices are absurd: "to charge the hideous prices they do is totally unfathomable"

Those statements aren't mutually exclusive, as you seem to suggest.

Rank 9 should never have been added to the cash shop (or dq rewards), at any price. The power it gives is ridiculous compared to the next best thing. Medals of Glory were meant to only enter the system through tw rewards, providing enough for only about 1 set per year. Making them available for cash changed the focus of competitive PvP from teamwork to a spending contest.

Making it cost 2-3x the money to gear a character to the same level now as it would have 6-12 months ago has made it unreasonable for new players to stand any chance in tw. Whether or not this is a profitable move business-wise does not change the fact that it will drive off a large portion of the playerbase and discourage players who cash shop moderately from continuing to spend. The highest and lowest spending brackets will likely stay the same, due to various factors.
    See, I can hyper a nub up like the rest of yas!