Two questions about making NV gear...

Options
MagicEmpress - Lost City
MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
1) If you buy HH 99 gold gear made by someone else, and then upgraded it to NV gear, will your name be the name on the NV gear or will it retain the original name of the maker of the HH 99 piece?

2) When you re-stat/reforge level 15 gear do you lose sockets/shards or refine levels or no?

b:bye
Post edited by MagicEmpress - Lost City on

Comments

• ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    1) If you buy HH 99 gold gear made by someone else, and then upgraded it to NV gear, will your name be the name on the NV gear or will it retain the original name of the maker of the HH 99 piece?

2) When you re-stat/reforge level 15 gear do you lose sockets/shards or refine levels or no?

b:bye

1) when you convert it to vana your name is applied, Bought my sins daggers then forged vanas and got my name on them so that's how I know

2) Can't remember I know when you quench (i think it's called) you keep shards, refines and sockets. But not sure if you mean going from g13 to g15 or rerolling your g15
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    2.) When you reforge a g15 gear to get better stats (in armor) or rolling new stats (weapons), then the refine, sockets, and shards stay the same. As long as you put in "y" in the three sections, it'll cost you 0 Chienkun stones. Do note that if you put n for those, you'll lose it all.

Reforging is the one that costs 2 cannies and the G15 gear, or 7 raptures and the G15 weapon.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    Options
    2.) When you reforge a g15 gear to get better stats (in armor) or rolling new stats (weapons), then the refine, sockets, and shards stay the same. As long as you put in "y" in the three sections, it'll cost you 0 Chienkun stones. Do note that if you put n for those, you'll lose it all.

Reforging is the one that costs 2 cannies and the G15 gear, or 7 raptures and the G15 weapon.

That one- 2 cannies or 7 raps to re-roll stats.

TY both. b:victory
  • n6rejsin
    n6rejsin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

So its safe to start imbuing my shards now? I've JUST got my 1st cast pants *sigh* so now I'm trying to save up for the unc to finish but since I'm EA its hard to get NV :(
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    n6rejsin wrote: »
    So its safe to start imbuing my shards now? I've JUST got my 1st cast pants *sigh* so now I'm trying to save up for the unc to finish but since I'm EA its hard to get NV :(

1st cast >2nd cast will lose all refines/shards unless you pay the chienkungs to keep. which in most cases is not worth it. if you think you'll last a while with 1st cast then may as well simply +3-4 it with mirages and shard flawless shards while u get the cannies to 2nd cast.
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Soo... if you get low socket and reforge (put n) you get a chance to get better socket?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Soo... if you get low socket and reforge (put n) you get a chance to get better socket?

bumpb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Data base says both casts of NV have 10% chance of 2 sockets, 80% chance of 3 sockets, 10% chance of 4 sockets. This is for armor. I'm too lazy to look up weapons right now. b:bye

I do wonder if you recast (reroll) the stats on NV 15 armor and don't check the box to save your sockets you get the 10% chance at 4 sockets. But then if you get a great right away roll and only 2 sockets that would stink. b:shocked
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Data base says both casts of NV have 10% chance of 2 sockets, 80% chance of 3 sockets, 10% chance of 4 sockets. This is for armor. I'm too lazy to look up weapons right now. b:bye

I do wonder if you recast (reroll) the stats on NV 15 armor and don't check the box to save your sockets you get the 10% chance at 4 sockets. But then if you get a great right away roll and only 2 sockets that would stink. b:shocked

Rerolling the stats on the G15 does not affect your sockets, shards nor refines.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Rerolling the stats on the G15 does not affect your sockets, shards nor refines.

But if you go grade 15 from 13 it resets right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    But if you go grade 15 from 13 it resets right?

Yes. You do get the option to keep them via Chienkun Stones, though.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yes. You do get the option to keep them via Chienkun Stones, though.

I see. Thanks :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1343841

I post a question in a Crafting Nook thread but it might get lost and does belong here too I think.
    I just made a 1st cast NV armor and it says "bound upon equipping". This status was transferred from the HH 99 gear even though the HH 99 gear was never "put on" and bound.

How do people make unbound NV gear?

Or does the "bound upon equipping" status disappear when you go to 2nd cast?

I haven't put them on yet.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1343841

I post a question in a Crafting Nook thread but it might get lost and does belong here too I think.

Nirvana gear from lunar -> nirvana isn't bound, but nirvana gear from tt 99 -> nirvana is.