Soloing Warsong Snakefist

Elanxu - Dreamweaver
Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Cleric
someone blacklisted me today because i told them that clerics can solo Snake.

---CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

here are some pictures..

i grabbed my bm to buff me (lvl10 aura) and help me open warsong. then i ran the fire pavilion and left the other 4 pavilions to fall.

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/elanxu/soloing%20snake/2012-03-3013-51-22.jpg
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/elanxu/soloing%20snake/2012-03-3013-57-21.jpg

because 4 pavs fell, there were a lot of mobs to clear. in every group of mobs, there were two blades, two runner, and two dinos. eww

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/elanxu/soloing%20snake/2012-03-3014-07-17.jpg
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/elanxu/soloing%20snake/2012-03-3014-09-22.jpg
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/elanxu/soloing%20snake/2012-03-3014-13-42.jpg
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/elanxu/soloing%20snake/2012-03-3014-30-03.jpg

and once i make it through the mobs, i grab a barb buff from my alt (lvl10 barb buff). First time i soloed snakefist, i did it without barb buff and snake hit up to 9k on me with its special attack. This time, its max hit was about 8k. (in case you were not familiar with snakefist, the longer it takes you to fight it, the more damage its special attack does)

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/elanxu/soloing%20snake/2012-03-3014-39-23.jpg
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/elanxu/soloing%20snake/2012-03-3014-46-13.jpg
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/elanxu/soloing%20snake/2012-03-3014-46-18.jpg
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/elanxu/soloing%20snake/2012-03-3014-46-22.jpg
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/elanxu/soloing%20snake/2012-03-3014-46-28.jpg

gear/stats:
http://pwcalc.com/69c7089ae322c112

ping 1665 (not very fun):
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/elanxu/soloing%20snake/2012-03-3014-35-55.jpg

if the loser fail nab cleric with 1.6k ping and partly DoTsharded/primarily citrine gems can solo snake, then so can most other clerics. dont ever let anyone tell you that you cant do something.
the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
Post edited by Elanxu - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• LonelyHealer - Dreamweaver
    LonelyHealer - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Oh damn, Nice Job
  • SxeChik - Archosaur
    SxeChik - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Awesome job! My goal is to kill nob/pole (tank) 1 day :) and snakefist will be the next b:surrender
    Insanity b:thanks
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Full r9 with +12 wep. If you couldn't solo Snake with that kind of gear, I would really wonder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Full r9 with +12 wep. If you couldn't solo Snake with that kind of gear, I would really wonder.

do you have to be negative? there r people out there who say that clerics cant solo it at all. i only made this post to show that even clerics with high lag and part Dot and citrines can run it, because someone insisted that it wasnt possible. this post was made to prove the point for all clerics alike, not for personal pride. im not trying to impress anyone, get it?

please be a nice person for once.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Sneaker - Dreamweaver
    Sneaker - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    great job :)
    Sneaker 105 sage sin

"Memory is the guardian of all things"

Cicero
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I concur. You're full r9 with +12 weapon.
    I always love seeing clerics solo things, but when their is a challenge indeed.
    Go try harpy wraith, it's doable with your gear and a good genie. And it would actually require skill and timing.
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    I concur. You're full r9 with +12 weapon.
    I always love seeing clerics solo things, but when their is a challenge indeed.
    Go try harpy wraith, it's doable with your gear and a good genie. And it would actually require skill and timing.

interesting lol. i tried harpy wraith a few days ago with the buffs of some high lvl friends. lasted about a minute, before harpy debuffed me with a slower channeling, lower defense, and 1shot me with a 17k, all in like a split second. charm didnt save me there. i died a quick and painful death in front of my friends. b:victory
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    interesting lol. i tried harpy wraith a few days ago with the buffs of some high lvl friends. lasted about a minute, before harpy debuffed me with a slower channeling, lower defense, and 1shot me with a 17k, all in like a split second. charm didnt save me there. i died a quick and painful death in front of my friends. b:victory

You're my kind of cleric. b:cool. I think pole should totally be doable for you, you just gotta get help from someone who will be quick with purify.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    You're my kind of cleric. b:cool. I think pole should totally be doable for you, you just gotta get help from someone who will be quick with purify.

pole? pole is easy to solo lol i did it before r9. just gotta wait til my lag dies down otherwise i cant get my purify off in time. but yea, he hits 3ks even when he debuffs. im talking about harpy wraith in my last post u quoted XD. i think ur talking about SxeChik?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    pole? pole is easy to solo lol i did it before r9. just gotta wait til my lag dies down otherwise i cant get my purify off in time. but yea, he hits 3ks even when he debuffs. im talking about harpy wraith in my last post u quoted XD. i think ur talking about SxeChik?

LOL yeah, I totally was, my brain is a bit foggy atm. XD Stupid cold medicine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Way to go, Elan! I remember when that boss used to one-shot me. Revenge!

b:pleased I can't wait to see what else you solo. Never let anyone tell you that you can't do something because of your class.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Great job!!
    @haters: ujelly? she only has 34 def lvls, average pdef and hp. She might have r9 but shes pretty average (no offense hun) compared to my cleric, only difference is she has r9 and i have full nirvy, i have more pdef than her and about the same hp and that boss would still hit her for quite a bit. Stop being losers and just say gratz to her.
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Great job!!
    @haters: ujelly? she only has 34 def lvls, average pdef and hp. She might have r9 but shes pretty average (no offense hun) compared to my cleric, only difference is she has r9 and i have full nirvy, i have more pdef than her and about the same hp and that boss would still hit her for quite a bit. Stop being losers and just say gratz to her.

aww thanks :D
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    this is how i will build my ep

i have the stats not in same order but very simular

i hate using robe feel so weak and i named my ep specifically to be using heavy armor
    wish with frost is easy to do.

enjoy b:victory http://pwcalc.com/d232eb471d912d6b

well based on fact i have my barb with r9 this should not be hard to get if its money ppl might think
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    this is how i will build my ep

i have the stats not in same order but very simular

i hate using robe feel so weak and i named my ep specifically to be using heavy armor
    wish with frost is easy to do.

enjoy b:victory http://pwcalc.com/d232eb471d912d6b

well based on fact i have my barb with r9 this should not be hard to get if its money ppl might think

if the point of this ep is to have high def, the magic necklace and belt kinda defeat the entire purpose of the build. i know this set of gear is really expensive but you should consider having a high refined necklace and rings that are physical, if you want phys defense. it saves a lot of your magic def, and stat points.
    http://pwcalc.com/94682a06d3313634 is just an example of what you can do. theres many variations, but if you want more defense, that should come from your shards neck belt and rings, not your armors.

my opinion above only applies if you are trying to get a cleric with high defense. if you are just trying to experiment/mess around do watever you like :D
  • Sir_Lag_Alot - Sanctuary
    Sir_Lag_Alot - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Good Job there i have been have been 2 maning it with just anther cleric in BB makes it very easy ... also you can do it uncharmed and can farm it then

i love soloing on a cleric at 80 this cleric could solo nob and pole (one at a time)
  • Imuretay - Heavens Tear
    Imuretay - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i love soloing on a cleric at 80 this cleric could solo nob and pole (one at a time)

With what gear and genie?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    With what gear and genie?

i think hes saying he enjoys soloing on his lvl80 cleric, and that his 104 cleric can solo nob and pole

dont think its possible for a lvl80 cleric to solo nob and pole unless u got like full +10, WoC or matchless cape, and a puzzle cube/warsong belt or something lol
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i think hes saying he enjoys soloing on his lvl80 cleric, and that his 104 cleric can solo nob and pole

dont think its possible for a lvl80 cleric to solo nob and pole unless u got like full +10, WoC or matchless cape, and a puzzle cube/warsong belt or something lol

Don't know about 80 but I was low 90's when I first soloed them b:cute
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I saw a cleric solo nob and pole and was long time before R9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    This is pretty nice grats!

Something I've been experimenting with is pulling the full pavillion in one massive pull and soloing them with a triple sparked IG'd barrage. It almost always fails but it's really fun to try b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Nice pics and congrats! b:victory

To be honest snakefist is not really that difficult to solo- i've had to do it a few times when rest of party just couldnt stay alive. (Dang random WC parties b:beatenup)
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Imuretay - Heavens Tear
    Imuretay - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2012

That certainly makes more sense, thanks. Missing commas FTW! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Nice pics and congrats! b:victory

To be honest snakefist is not really that difficult to solo- i've had to do it a few times when rest of party just couldnt stay alive. (Dang random WC parties b:beatenup)

yea it should be easier for most people. the point of the post was mainly to show that if i could do it, a lot of clerics with lower lag and better sharding/refines could do it even better, because some people still dont think clerics can do anything alone in this game.
  • Mistiks - Raging Tide
    Mistiks - Raging Tide Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Another example show clerics can do anything if we dont mess on timing, good genie and lag. Gratz !. b:victory
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    And here I only barely soloed Krimson b:chuckle

But Snake... dayum clerics, you scary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordmot
    lordmot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Gratz on your achievement. I have a quick question, and if you'd rather not answer, I completely understand. Did you get your R9/+10-12 refines using real $ or did you make it in-game? The reason I ask is that I've got a daughter in college and another getting ready to start and I can barely justify spending $20 on the game, let alone the $2,000+ it would take to fully CS the gear. If you managed to make it in-game, then there's a ray of hope for my poor cleric. Otherwise he will be forever doomed to mediocrity. ty :)
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.b:chuckle
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    lordmot wrote: »
    Gratz on your achievement. I have a quick question, and if you'd rather not answer, I completely understand. Did you get your R9/+10-12 refines using real $ or did you make it in-game? The reason I ask is that I've got a daughter in college and another getting ready to start and I can barely justify spending $20 on the game, let alone the $2,000+ it would take to fully CS the gear. If you managed to make it in-game, then there's a ray of hope for my poor cleric. Otherwise he will be forever doomed to mediocrity. ty :)

i did CS a lot of my gears, but (assuming you wont play a sin to go farm money) it is still very possible to farm full r9. i used to farm a lot and since i dont CS no more, i have to do so again. here are my ideas for farming if you cannot afford r8 or TT99...

i typed this whole post up and it accidently got all deleted QQ, so im gona type a shorter version.

first thing you want to do is to get to lvl100. the best way to make money along the way is by opening TTs for 50-75k each, and buy few gear upgrades along they way. for example, TT80 green is not that good because it has many separate magic def bonuses on different armor pieces, so you can even go as far as completely skipping that set.

once lvl100, here are things you can do daily:
    BH#1, gives roughly 600k/ day, +talisman and key. bh squads are easy to find if you just monitor WC someone will invite you, and for BH usually they dont care too much about your gear. 30minutes.
    BH#2, talisman and key, i believe. if you are stacked properly, half the time one bh#1 will overlap with Bh#2 also, so you save 30minutes.
    Cube, 500k from page of fate and other items. 30min-1hour
    opening caster nirvy. you have one free talisman and 2 from BHs. 250k per open during 1x. total 750k. save time, dont stare at WC waiting for someone to ask for openers. go leisure activity, and join an opening squad when you see one.
    open regular nirvy. you have 3 free keys, +2 from bhs, 150k per open during 1x. total 750k.

assuming you spend 200k a day on repairs, mana, maintenance fees, that is 2.4mil a day. the above takes about 2 hours total.

now instead if you run a caster nirvy, that is roughly 30minutes for 1mil (a net increase of cash flow of >700k during 1x). if you are lucky enough to find a squad of like 2 sins and a bm or something for regular nirvy, thats another 1mil an hour for you, including openers and key loss.

this means you get at least an average of 4.1mil a day simply with morai/TT90 gears, in about 3.5hours. in a little over a year, you can get enough to buy a full set of r9 (if you think it should take under 1year to farm the best set of armor in the game, think again). remember that this is all during a 1x, and once you get your r8 and stuff, dungeons will be much faster, and it will be a heck easier to find a squad that you wont die in. i am only estimating the low end of how much you could be making.

you can also join a TW faction and collect dividends for helping them win TWs every week. and if you want to take a break from everything, go run a delta. you dont have to do much just sit in a bubble most of the time, and if you are successful, you get like 1.5mil a run. preferably have TT99 weapon at least, and 5k hp if you want to run full deltas.

the hardest part is probably to not spend your money. a friend suggested to me to put money into the bank every time i exceed 1mil. if you are too tempted to withdraw the money when you need it though, you can do wat i do. whenever i exceed 5mil i buy some gold pieces from the AH, and let it accumulate. its a lot harder for the temptation to take the best of you if your savings lies in a different currency than that of which you wish to spend it in.

i hope this helps. and i know when i said "shorter version" you probably laughed and wondered how long my other version was. im glad you didnt have to see that...
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    What Elanxu said pretty good but there's also all the events:

Monday the tiger event: its around 20-30 minutes, and with the reward from the event and the bh guy reward that normally worth it, if u are on pvp server its not impossible to do at lvl 95 on my wizz i was able be in top 10 of my class, i was killing mobs than farming herbs, ofc i wasnt go at boss where i was pretty much one shot by the pker, if ur on pve server than no problem.

Tuesday the jungle event: ok that one is a bit more hard (well for me), im personnally not able finish it, but i can get my free event gold and again the bh guy reward. That take around 10-20 minutes ill say maybe more the first time, but the bh reward worth it normally.

Wednesday the COA event: even solo u can do it, i solo on cleric and can get around 1-3 pages of fate which is around 600k each (or the reward who gonna choose but page of fate are the more easy to sell and give good money) + again the bh guy reward. Cost 100k to enter but totally worth it.

Thursday the tournament: prolly the more 'hard'' one sometime you can get lucky and do many room sometime that will end at the first room. Its a bit long but u can get many warsoul tag (which u can make reward with it shard Pages of fate etc)

And finally some random event we got all the year like friday assault like this week which u can make alot of money by DQ item and other drops and that also give u DQ points which u can change for reward (event gold etc..)

Events are not really long and can give nice rewards that u can use or sell at ur choice.
    I know many people who got R9+10 without C$, so its possible but u need farm a lot or merchanding, merchanding is not really hard just requisite some effort (buy stuff calculate the profit etc) and u need have a shop u can let online often.

But even if u dont get R9 there's other really decent gears cheapest that u can use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    i think its as amazing as my R9 full JoSD seeker being able to solo all pavilions w/out heals :)
    lordmot wrote: »
    invest in a cheap cheap laptop 200-300$. (hurray tax returns) Merchant your way through. I got my R9 totally free aside from the initial laptop price >.> and the profit isnt stopping after i got my R9
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan