AOE grinding by Wizard level 60+

Toliman - Raging Tide
Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Wizard
I always wonder why some players think, that Wizard is DD only, that he start to be good from something like 80+ or even 90+.

I had not much time to play during 2x, but here some screenshots:

AOE fight

Air fight
Air drops
Earth fight
Earth fight Metal mobs
Earth drops

Mold from Hercules Trios

Tomorrow my Wizard will equip some armor, weapon, ornaments for level 70 (now he is level 69 only) to do my cultivation 49 (he had ~3.5 k buffed physical defense, so had not possibility to kill Khewy, Rattus Lord).

Here are screenshots for fight against Khewy:

And I had done it when it was possible for me.

Damage was not more than 700.

In comparison I got aggro on Wyvern (Cleric level 80+ used his BB) and maximum damage was 1500 with debuffs.
Post edited by Toliman - Raging Tide on

Comments

• OmegaToth - Harshlands
    OmegaToth - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    wiz is awesome period but it is a late bloomer.. if u plan on soloing ur culti..u will die at Khewy Ratthus Lord.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    wiz is awesome period but it is a late bloomer.. if u plan on soloing ur culti..u will die at Khewy Ratthus Lord.

I killed (tanked) all other cultivation bosses myself.

My Cleric was level 44 when I tried to kill Khewy last time.
    Today after DC I had been reinvited at bh51 squad, Fushma had been killed
    while I was at Arch., so squad leader Barbarian level 101 said:
    "We can kill it again".

Squad was waiting while I teleported inside, then We killed Rankar.
    Wyvern was not necessary for me, but I helped as always, although my help was minimum with powerful tank.

Then he said words, that I almost expected (but not simply refused to me):
    "I can help you with bhs if you will join my faction".

So, I decided to tank necessary for me boss in bh51 myself.

It was hard, because among dozen of mob in the way to Fushma 3 were Magic resistent.

Then was fight.

Sorry, had not even moment to do more screenshots, was busy:
    Fushma killed by Wizard

Here is Gouf, same hard mode, killed without kitting (I do my cultivations myself).
    Gouf
  • Belzeber - Raging Tide
    Belzeber - Raging Tide Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I wish they would put some time to fix how the old UI looks when you have it set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Awesome signature by Bellefleurs <3
    "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakin' moon!"
    "Any voice can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!"

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1335981

Bring Toonami back to Cartoon Network! Show your support!
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Khewy is an archer boss and just like players, suffer from half damage when fighting it in melee range. If you can survive long enough that he stop kiting, you're good to go.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Khewy is an archer boss and just like players, suffer from half damage when fighting it in melee range. If you can survive long enough that he stop kiting, you're good to go.

It is impossible to fight in close range with Khewy.

At least once per fight he run far from Wizard (if Wizard is in safe range) , so Wizard will be damaged in full power by this archer.

Only possible way is to fight in far range without kitting.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    dude range is the boss main power as he is like arhcer range make him hit harder close he does 50% less damage.

if you can fallow up close you will see a mucb better surbaliity and he run i think 3 times.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    dude range is the boss main power as he is like arhcer range make him hit harder close he does 50% less damage.

if you can fallow up close you will see a mucb better surbaliity and he run i think 3 times.

But Cleric will not be able to heal my Wizard if he will run from Cleric behind Khewy.

This is why I prefer far range.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    so, bottom line is, you are lvl69 and still havent done the 49 culti? k...
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    so, bottom line is, you are lvl69 and still havent done the 49 culti? k...

I will do it tomorrow (at level 70), because my unbuffed physical def. will be increased by more than 400 points, etc.

In any case I had not leveled even available for current cultivation skills, because had not enough spirit.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Something there doesn't make sense, Your excuse for not doing your culti when you got it was because you didn't have enough spirit? Culti quests don't cost sp, in fact they usually give a fair amount so you can afford a few of the new skills you can learn once you complete it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I wish they would put some time to fix how the old UI looks when you have it set.

I actually looked into this and found that old ui is actually very easy to fix. Too bad wanmei would never bother doing it themselves considering it's been over a year since they made this ui switch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    This looks like a topic suitable for the Wizard forums.

-moved-
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Here are screenshots for fight against Khewy:

And I had done it when it was possible for me.

Damage was not more than 700.

In comparison I got aggro on Wyvern (Cleric level 80+ used his BB) and maximum damage was 1500 with debuffs.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Your screen is really small
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Your screen is really small

Edit: I use minimum possible resolution.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i thought its normal to aoe on a wizard...

wth?

ofc as soon as a wiz hits 59 all grinding will feature aoe as much as possible...
    thats a no brainer

earlier levels..
    using DB is somewhat of a gear story - being tanky and all
    or genie ..

spamming phoenix and hailstorm + running/shrinking works early too ofc
    i like potato
    edited April 2012

wth?

ofc as soon as a wiz hits 59 all grinding will feature aoe as much as possible...
    thats a no brainer

earlier levels..
    or genie ..

wizzies can aoe? i thought only seekers can do that. that's why people didnt do full big room pulls before seekers no?
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    wizzies can aoe? i thought only seekers can do that. that's why people didnt do full big room pulls before seekers no?

People did full big room pulls all the time before seekers. All you need is a wiz with a decent wep, a genie with expel, and a bm for HF. A sin with subsea strike makes it even easier.

Now gooning is a different story. If you wanted to goon back when it was still around you needed a seeker, or in very limited cases an r9+12 psy or wiz could do the trick.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012

wth?

thats a no brainer

You think so ?
    earlier levels..
    or genie ..

Reading sticky guide:
    1) Hailstorm: Our first spell that affects an area (AOE). Does water damage and has a chance to freeze your target(s). Priority: Last.

Sage: Does additional damage to frozen targets.
    Demon(Winner): Increases the freeze chance to 50%.

1) The Dragon's Breath: A constantly casting area spell that does fire damage every 3 seconds, sucking up mana when it damages. Priority: After ASAP.

Sage (Winner): Has a chance to stun the target upon a hit.
    Demon: Has a chance to heal 500hp on successful hit.

Sage wins, it has a chance to stun, which is always good. But both effects occur rarely, so keep that in mind.

Level 39

1) Will of the Phoenix: A fire skill that does damage and knocks targets back. Priority: ASAP

Sage: Decreases cooldown of skill by 1 second.
    Demon(Winner): Increases area of effect by 50%.

Demon wins, since the AOE gets increased.

I could not AoE until at least level 80, because my highest priority must be according above quote Dragon Breath (now it is at level 1 for my Wizard when I have not spirit to level up my best skills:
    Water, Fire mastery level 9, but Earth mastery level 6 yet, for example).

Also AoE on ranged mobs using Dragon Breath (you can see that I used AoE on ranged mobs at screenshots) is not so easy as you think. I have now at level 70 good physical defense - 5k with all buffs, so I will learn DB as soon as it will be possible for my Wizard (may be after Blade Tempest even, which is much better in most cases).

My genie is level 60 with 27/60 lucky points and I think to decompose it as soon as will produce something better, so I not learn any new skills for my genie now.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    According to that guide, WoP is highest priority (which I actually disagree with since I believe leaving it at level one is good enough since leveling it doesn't increase the knockback effect).

Not to mention Asim's guide was prob aimed at wizards looking to level the best ways possible for their levels, which would be the public quest from lvls 60-80 and FC after that, which both require you to have a strong Dragons Breath.

And the comment of "not so easy as you think" was just stupid and arrogant. Hex has been around since forever, which you can see from his join date and level. Take his word for it, because I'm pretty sure there's nothing you know about wizarding that he hasn't already experienced.
    edited April 2012
    I could not AoE until at least level 80, because my highest priority must be according above quote Dragon Breath

I dont get it; why you coudnt aoe till 80 if you leveled DB? it's a lvl29 skill o.o
    and honestly, by not doing spiritual culti u miss a ton of spirit.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    I dont get it; why you coudnt aoe till 80 if you leveled DB?...

You used Dragon's Breath ?

Do you know, that this skill must be used in close to mobs range ?

If mobs close to Wizard, they will do physical attack.

If they will do physical attack, Wizard must have good physical defense and life (which I had not at low levels to hold aggro from dozen mobs).

Also in most cases mobs must be melee and have proper (better long) aggro time.

I know some mobs, which have proper properties and have good drops, but but they have 75+ level range.

Also both genie skills which can temporary protect Wizard from physical attacks are advanced skills, which can be used at genies of 52+ and 55+ levels.

At low levels these skills have halved time of action:
    4.5 from 9.0 seconds,
    2.2 from 4.0 seconds.
    and honestly, by not doing spiritual culti u miss a ton of spirit.

One, just one level 9 skill got 160k of spirit from my Wizard (I not say about previous levels of same skill, of course).
    Edit: See http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/skillmy.php , level 9 Water Element Mastery of Wizard.
    What you mean by "ton of spirit" ?

And the comment of "not so easy as you think" was just stupid and arrogant. Hex has been around since forever, which you can see from his join date and level. Take his word for it, because I'm pretty sure there's nothing you know about wizarding that he hasn't already experienced.

You can see join date using forum ?

Do you know, that it is not related with real join date ?

Also some players have few accounts.

I not saw Screenshots or something like this for AoE of level 60+ Wizard, so I made this thread, can you point me at same thread of Hex ?

Edit:
    Hard time for Wizard, when ranged mobs attacks from far range around him, after run from them they spread around again and again ... and you can't AoE them because they are far from each other (this is suitable for "not so easy as you think").

According to that guide, WoP is highest priority (which I actually disagree with since I believe leaving it at level one is good enough since leveling it doesn't increase the knockback effect).

WoP has best dps in comparison with other spells. I had leveled it first.
    edited April 2012
    i think that magic mobs hit with magic at ~10-12m so you can use DB on them.

regarding spirit, sometimes it's not wise to level up a skill from 8 to 9; generally, the spirit/coin to upgrade ratio decreases dramatically as you level up the skill. in fact, you might get more damage for less spirit by upgrading the skills instead of the mastery (havent done the math though)

49: 94k
    59: 260k
    69: 320k

i find it hard to believe that someone would have made an account to the forum, leave it for a lot of time and then start playing the game; usually the opposite happens so it's kinda safe to assume that game join date < forum join date
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    i think that magic mobs hit with magic at ~10-12m so you can use DB on them...

No, it is more and dependent from level of mob.

I saw multiple times how mob attack my Wizard ( not this, of course) when I use Dragon's Breath without being hit by me.
    regarding spirit, sometimes it's not wise to level up a skill from 8 to 9; generally, the spirit/coin to upgrade ratio decreases dramatically as you level up the skill. in fact, you might get more damage for less spirit by upgrading the skills instead of the mastery (havent done the math though)

49: 94k
    59: 260k
    69: 320k

When my Wizard has level 10 attack skills with small (channeling+casting) time I upgrade them with proper passive skills increasing damage.

Having small channeling time above skills are perfect for fight, because they have small chance to be interrupted by sudden hit or enemy spell.

i find it hard to believe that someone would have made an account to the forum, leave it for a lot of time and then start playing the game; usually the opposite happens so it's kinda safe to assume that game join date < forum join date

Some characters of each account can be never in forum, because they are just catshops, for example or player has other characters which he prefer to use at forum like your low level panda (when you have level 101 Psychic).

Their join date will be date when they will visit forum at the first time.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Now gooning is a different story. If you wanted to goon back when it was still around you needed a seeker, or in very limited cases an r9+12 psy or wiz could do the trick.

1 r8 wizard featuring HF = mobs still alive when expel wore off

r9 casters used to be able to 1shot them on hf

archers crit their target - boa stops - everyone dies :(

nvm..i heard that

*blush*

*uses fire skills on fire immune bosses*

err my join date is around october 2008, unknown server
    it was a female wizard with a ugly pie face
    stats: everything 1 point every lvl - rest magic

this char (hexOmega) was born in the launch week of dreamweaver server tho
    with the knowledge of prior mistakes in my backpack i was ready to make new mistakes

I not saw Screenshots or something like this for AoE of level 60+ Wizard, so I made this thread, can you point me at same thread of Hex ?

i think i have some screenshots on my old machine of me being lvl60 or less aoe grinding
    using dragons breath
    but i did that in a party...

i have to make a confession here... i am a noob, a power lvled noob

i did "zhen" parties all the time

using cheating items called "traning esotericas" to boost my exp gain
    while killing random high lvl mobs in a party of players around my lvl

one or two used to pull mobs on certain places on the map (usually barbs or bms)
    2-3 wizards or archers did setup constant aoe (yes even the archers did CONSTANT boa without stopping! jelly?)
    and 1 cleric used blue bubble, the other one red bubble

then we spent 1 hour or more on those mobs- gaining TONS OF exp

the drops we got did fund new HP charms for the next session :D

and a few days after hitting lvl77 i startet joining "gamma squads"

that was even more noob power lvling :(

then... that day happened, i dinged lvl90
    all my gear was already farmed and ready in my bank
    but it was not enough, i was tooo squishie

so i borrowed the EXTREMELY OP +5 4 socket tt90 gear of a friend and went to do "delta"

most runs failed, but once we managed it right MOAR POWER LVL

<---- power lvl noob

WoP has best dps in comparison with other spells. I had leveled it first.

that is quite true, i do like that skill
    the only issue is the long cooldown
    thats why oyou play it together with hailstorm while grinding on 0 chi kiting huge groups of mobs

hailstorm is usually refered to as useless, but as you seem to like aoe it is obviously useful for you. you can lvl your skills according to the way you like to play
    in the end you get them all anyways, but thats that
    i like potato
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for your comments.
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Wrong. I messed around on a cleric on LC in september 08, changed to HT around march 09 and that was when I first looked at forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
    edited May 2012
    Wrong. I messed around on a cleric on LC in september 08, changed to HT around march 09 and that was when I first looked at forums.

so your game join date is 2008, your forum join date is 2009 and, unless i'm missing something, 2008<2009 <=> game join date < forum join date as i said. am I missing something?
This discussion has been closed.