Getting to 105

MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
Is it possible to get to 105?

Okay, I know people will point to Asterelle of Sanctuary and a few other players with 105 toons, but it's just that since this toon started late last year, and everyone I know who's 105 abused the goon glitch.

b:shocked

Sooooo... If we're talking about playing by the rules, is it possible? And how long are we looking at?
Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
Post edited by MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    well, there was kitamura and a bunch of other 105 sins 1-2y ago
    ofc there is no proof that they didnt glitch; they could even use alts to zhen on goons and put the exp in genies to avoid getting more chars to 105.

dont really believe that though..
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Possible? Yes. There were legitimate 104s before glitch was popularized.

Probable? Not unless you have a **** TON of time on your hands daily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Yes it is possible, I think there was someone who did a guide on using oracles to get to 105 and JUST doing oracles for 8 hours a day would take like 3 months lol. In reality to get to 105 you will have to do FC or another xp dungeon (such as PV) constantly and it will take you a very long time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Is it possible to get to 105?

Okay, I know people will point to Asterelle of Sanctuary and a few other players with 105 toons, but it's just that since this toon started late last year, and everyone I know who's 105 abused the goon glitch.

b:shocked

Sooooo... If we're talking about playing by the rules, is it possible? And how long are we looking at?

Ofc its possible. The question is, is anyone willing to put in the time and effort to do it.

Made my account early 2009. Started playing regular about ummm, Oct same yr.

Got around level 40-ish dumped about 20 levels into genies to farm enough mats to level my crafting skills. Done the same thing each time new craft level was available.
    Got to 82-88 , done the fc "quests" (yes there's actually quests in there). Helped a few friends do their quests in there. Never went back.
    I've never equipped a hyper, and only done the oracles in the supply stash, and the ones dropped from mobs.
    ATM sitting at 40%. Haven't taken the time to grind the last few 2xs due to RL/health issues.
    So yes, its entirely possible, if your willing to put in the time and effort.
    Btw, i also have 2 level 101s, a lv 100 sitting right on the cusp of 101, and 3 more 70+. And yes, they were all leveled old school style.
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    It'll take over 1000 FCs to hit 105 from 100......or maybe 2000 b:cry
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Ofc its possible. The question is, is anyone willing to put in the time and effort to do it.

It would take me less then 3 months playing a dedicated 1 hour per day to hit 105. And I am pretty sure most of you play way more then what is required for me to hit 105.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • SeverusSnape - Raging Tide
    SeverusSnape - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Speaking for only sins. It takes around 50-ish days to get from level 104 to 105 (give or take few days). If you do solo fc everyday without dragoons glitch. I wouldn't advice this extreme method for sanity's sake.
  • EIvemage - Dreamweaver
    EIvemage - Dreamweaver Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    im currently level 101, i do 7 fcs a day and gain 5.5-6m xp/run .. thats ~40m xp/day.

from 101-105 its 3893mill xp -> 98 days to 105

it would cost 45m (for 100 sets of hypers) + 885m (682 FC rooms) + some money for charms, apo, crabs lets say 20m, so a total of 950M-1000M

now for the time it will take. i do a big room to last boss run in 12-15 mins ( g15+12 full dot), so i can do atleast 3 runs an hour (maybe 3,5 given i have enough sellers, which usually isnt a problem). so it will take around 2-3 hours of playing a day for a total of around 100 days to reach level 105. just takes some dedication and money
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2012
    im currently level 101, i do 7 fcs a day and gain 5.5-6m xp/run .. thats ~40m xp/day.

from 101-105 its 3893mill xp -> 98 days to 105

it would cost 45m (for 100 sets of hypers) + 885m (682 FC rooms) + some money for charms, apo, crabs lets say 20m, so a total of 950M-1000M

now for the time it will take. i do a big room to last boss run in 12-15 mins ( g15+12 full dot), so i can do atleast 3 runs an hour (maybe 3,5 given i have enough sellers, which usually isnt a problem). so it will take around 2-3 hours of playing a day for a total of around 100 days to reach level 105. just takes some dedication and money

This is an interesting breakdown. 3 months to get to 105 from 101.

That's a lot of FC runs though...
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    This is an interesting breakdown. 3 months to get to 105 from 101.

That's a lot of FC runs though...

The only problem with that breakdown is the decrease of experience you get from mobs at 103. You will not be getting 40-50m a day unless you spend about 6-8 hours only doing bosses and select groups of mobs. A better target number to switch to at 103 is about 25-30m a day (being time conscience).
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • EIvemage - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    The only problem with that breakdown is the decrease of experience you get from mobs at 103. You will not be getting 40-50m a day unless you spend about 6-8 hours only doing bosses and select groups of mobs. A better target number to switch to at 103 is about 25-30m a day (being time conscience).

atm i get around 2,1+% xp/run, around 0,3 from mobs and 0,3 or so from heads. im currently considering not even doing heads andmore considering i use 3 mins of hyper for that small amount of xp.

as soon as i hit 102 xp ill try to figure out the most efficient way to hyper and what to kill
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    atm i get around 2,1+% xp/run, around 0,3 from mobs and 0,3 or so from heads. im currently considering not even doing heads andmore considering i use 3 mins of hyper for that small amount of xp.

as soon as i hit 102 xp ill try to figure out the most efficient way to hyper and what to kill

102 is still fine but the experience multiplier changes at 103 because you are now (103 - 88) 15 levels above the mobs. This wont change on the bosses because they are level 150 not 88.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• EIvemage - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    102 is still fine but the experience multiplier changes at 103 because you are now (103 - 88) 15 levels above the mobs. This wont change on the bosses because they are level 150 not 88.

oh i didnt know that. do you know how much my experience would be decreased by?

the result of that would be that the calculations from 103 on would change. heads wouldnt be done then, but unfortunately the time/fc wouldnt change (as u have to wait out the heads for the door to open). i assume ill still do mobs as they dont take long.
    in about an hour ill do a fc and ill check the xp i get for bosses/mobs/heads, then i can calc it again.
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2012

the result of that would be that the calculations from 103 on would change. heads wouldnt be done then, but unfortunately the time/fc wouldnt change (as u have to wait out the heads for the door to open). i assume ill still do mobs as they dont take long.
    in about an hour ill do a fc and ill check the xp i get for bosses/mobs/heads, then i can calc it again.

Your calculation would be extremely helpful, thank you. (:
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012

see for yourself here
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    @Eivemage At 103 you lose approximately 40% of the exp you gain at 102. It's demoralizing.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    @Eivemage At 103 you lose approximately 40% of the exp you gain at 102. It's demoralizing.

Only from mobs, bosses still give about 800k each hypered D:
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Only from mobs, bosses still give about 800k each hypered D:

Yeah, but heads and the big room is usually a huge chunk of exp in a full fc run. D:
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, but heads and the big room is usually a huge chunk of exp in a full fc run. D:

Then you sell the big room to someone while in squad and after they are done finish the instance. Making money while spending it..... BRILLIANT!
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Then you sell the big room to someone while in squad and after they are done finish the instance. Making money while spending it..... BRILLIANT!

I've never been a fan of selling heads because the time it takes for me to get a full squad and into the big room is generally the same time it takes for me to finish a full run (~20m). So I see it as a waste of time to try that.

Plus I'm not a big supporter of power levelers. :3
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    I've never been a fan of selling heads because the time it takes for me to get a full squad and into the big room is generally the same time it takes for me to finish a full run (~20m). So I see it as a waste of time to try that.

Plus I'm not a big supporter of power levelers. :3

20 minutes for 1.5m or so? Pretty good 20 minutes if you ask me.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    20 minutes for 1.5m or so? Pretty good 20 minutes if you ask me.

Not that nice when the only thing I was really aiming for was to level D:
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Not that nice when the only thing I was really aiming for was to level D:

That's 4.5m per hour of work. You're hard pressed to find a rate like that in this game now a days. Personally I'd sell off the first one of the day so it pays for repairs hypers and all that jazz and then do the rest straight through. Might as well play it smart.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• EIvemage - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    i wrote down how many xp i got this run (all hypered at x12)

big room boss: 751,260 xp
    Mobs ( i cleaned captains before as i do full pulls with selfbuffs only, and fishes are squishy:P): 1,232,424 xp (dam more than expected)
    heads ( killed 35, for me thats average when soloing): 1,089,200
    1st boss after big room: 776, 892 xp
    2nd boss after big room: 494,216
    last 2 bosses: 401, 448 and 802,896 -> 1,204,344 xp

total is 5,548,336 xp

considering i suffer a 40% xp loss from mobs and heads the total xp would be:
    4,619,686 xp.

from 103-105 its 3089mill xp (3,089,080,000 xp).
    as the time stays the same at 103 ill still calc with 7 fcs a day so 32m xp a day (32,337,802 xp) and to reach 105 u will need 96 days

from 101 to 103 you will need 803m xp (803,448,000xp), 5,55m/ run, 7 times a day ->
    39 m xp ( 38,838,352 xp) -> 21 days

so in total its 117 days from 101 to at 2-3 hours a day (819 fcs)
    cost will be 65mish for hypers, 1064Mill for the fcs ( if u buy at 1,3m each) and a couple mill for apo and charms
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well when I did some math while I was hardcore grinding from 100 to 101 I realized it'd take me about 6 months of hard gind to get to 105. It's possible but who really has the will power to live in fcc for 6 months without break. This is probably easier for a sin though who can rush to the juicy bits of exp.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2012

This idea fills me with warmth and positive energy.

On an unrelated note, I like coffee.
  • DUBZZ - Archosaur
    DUBZZ - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Personally I gave up on the FC method, and as an alternative I would solo PV once a day for about 0.3%. That would use up about 5 min and 7 activations off my hyper depending on how big the pulls were in PV. I would then use the rest of the remaining 55 min on my hyper and combine it with 1 silk worm, and grind mobs on map 3 in oht for about 0.5%. This would give me a total of 0.8% per day and that is not including the xp from moral daily quests etc.. So in 1 day I get about 0.9%-1.0% a day. I'm sure this isnt the fastest way to gain xp at my level, just wanted to put my 2 cents in there. I used to run solo Fc's everday for a about a week until I found out I gain about the same amount of xp in a shorter amount of time and smaller repair bill by doing what was stated above rather than this>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nraMUtplCSU
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    That's 4.5m per hour of work.

Ahhh... 3 dollars per hour... the good old American dream.
    I would then use the rest of the remaining 55 min on my hyper and combine it with 1 silk worm, and grind mobs on map 3 in oht for about 0.5%.

VoS grind should easily net you 1% per hour... even at my level. Its either 1 hour in VoS vs, 3 solo FF runs... usually work out to be the same exp.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • DUBZZ - Archosaur
    DUBZZ - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    VoS grind should easily net you 1% per hour... even at my level. Its either 1 hour in VoS vs, 3 solo FF runs... usually work out to be the same exp.[/QUOTE]

I never ever have come close to 1% for 1 hour in VoS. At the most 0.6% and I am the same level as you. Whats your secret.b:thanks
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Wanted to get some cards so I can do card boss in 3-3 when 2x comes around so I hypered in VOS. About 1% per hour of grinding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh