Piece of mind

SabanwolfxXx - Archosaur
SabanwolfxXx - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
So has anyone else noticed that there are a lot of people that play PWI which is good, but what isn't good is the people that are standing around, the ones that aren't questing and aren't talking to anyone. They stand there in the same spot, for hours or sometime i've even seen them standing around for days. I think people should be auto kicked from the server if there gone for more than 30 minutes max. It clouds up the server causing more lag and they ususally like to stand in town right in the way of person u need to speak to and it makes it hard to click on that npc, especially those of u on mounts and aero gear, how about we give everyone a break and dismount before talking to npc's, its not like it costs mana to get on your mount or aero gear, also it is very disrespectful when higher level characters dont talk to lower level characters, i've seen it in every game, theres no excuse for it, and you need to be helping people out with dungeons and quests if you have the time, If anyone else has any other thoughts to add I would like to read your posts, other than that I really do like this game it is one of my favorites and thank you clerics that buff!b:victory
Level 100 sage barbb:victory
Post edited by SabanwolfxXx - Archosaur on

Comments

• Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    you need to be helping people out with dungeons and quests

Who are you to tell other people what they need to do with their playtime? b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SabanwolfxXx - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    Who are you to tell other people what they need to do with their playtime? b:puzzled

im not, it just ruins everyone elses fun when they have to lag cause people leave there characters on for days at a time and i know there are high level people running around with just shorts on, lame...play the game or go somewhere else
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Wow this was a waste of time.

Auto kick? Lol bye bye cat shops. And people who have so many hours of infamy will never get rid of it.

Clicking a crowded NPC isnt a problem just shift + click and get over it.

I will give you that some higher level characters can be uppity, but there is a reason. Do you know how many times so moron has asked me to frost them? I can not afk in Snowy Village without coming back to at least 4-5 PMs from random people asking for frost. Plus once you help someone out to be nice they want to add you and ask you to do EVERYTHING for them.
    edited April 2012
    Wow this was a waste of time.

Auto kick? Lol bye bye cat shops. And people who have so many hours of infamy will never get rid of it.

Clicking a crowded NPC isnt a problem just shift + click and get over it.

I will give you that some higher level characters can be uppity, but there is a reason. Do you know how many times so moron has asked me to frost them? I can not afk in Snowy Village without coming back to at least 4-5 PMs from random people asking for frost. Plus once you help someone out to be nice they want to add you and ask you to do EVERYTHING for them.

I could understand some higher levels not being happy with noobs asking for stuff all the time, but it doesnt mean the uppity ones should ignore everyone that is low level
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i dont think the players who stand around are affecting you negatively...
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Plus once you help someone out to be nice they want to add you and ask you to do EVERYTHING for them.

^^ Hate this, so much. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012

Actually they are, they do cause the servers to fill up more, which helps to cause lag, ever notice that the games runs slower around dinner time that cause more people are on, i've built computers, have computer programming skills and i've created a few games in my time, did you know that everyones internet is actually slower on the weekends then the weekdays, cause more people are at home during the weekends that is true fact and always has been even if you dont notice the difference, its there
  • Zalm - Dreamweaver
    Zalm - Dreamweaver Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2012

That's the thing...he thinks it lags him out some. I don't wanna lose my catshop...it would suck, so no to the auto kick thing. That's most of the reason they installed a dual client system.

Also...I dont ignore people who are lower lvl if I'm not doing anything, but then again, I'm never not doing anything. I'm usually having a discussion with someone, handling faction affairs (being a marshal sucks sometimes) or helping someone do something.

I do dismount my aero gear or ride when I get to an npc, cuz I'm not an ***, and know what its like trying to click or find and NPC inside a damn elephant.
    I don't see people begging for Assassins to come save them.
    I don't see people spamming for BM or Archer buffs in Archosaur.
    I don't see people asking to be revived by Barbs, Seekers, or Psychics.
    You know what I do see?
    'OMG I NEED A CLERIC!'
    'Any clerics nearby that can buff me?'
    'Can you rez me? I need a rez.'
    edited April 2012
    That's the thing...he thinks it lags him out some. I don't wanna lose my catshop...it would suck, so no to the auto kick thing. That's most of the reason they installed a dual client system.

Also...I dont ignore people who are lower lvl if I'm not doing anything, but then again, I'm never not doing anything. I'm usually having a discussion with someone, handling faction affairs (being a marshal sucks sometimes) or helping someone do something.

I do dismount my aero gear or ride when I get to an npc, cuz I'm not an ***, and know what its like trying to click or find and NPC inside a damn elephant.

lol i dont think, I know its does and it does it to everyone, 6:00pm super lag, 1:00am no lag 10:00am no lag, every online game is like this, it crowds up the servers, well they should let you keep your catshops even if your not online maybe that should be something to mention on the next patch
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    lol i dont think, I know its does and it does it to everyone, 6:00pm super lag, 1:00am no lag 10:00am no lag, every online game is like this, it crowds up the servers, well they should let you keep your catshops even if your not online maybe that should be something to mention on the next patch

Then every single afk person would just set up a catshop. Do you think we want our safety lock resetting if we have to go somewhere for thirty+ minutes?

And yes, it is rude to be on a mount or aero gear and crowding an npc. Its just good manners to dismount, but that's why there is the shift+click option that always works.
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Shift Click > Mounted players.

No. They don't lag you out. You just have a **** PC or your settings too high.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • SorrowFace - Dreamweaver
    SorrowFace - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Shift Click > Mounted players.

No. They don't lag you out. You just have a **** PC or your settings too high.

It could be either or a mesh of both, actually.
  • Yusiong - Lost City
    Yusiong - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    and you need to be helping people out with dungeons and quests if you have the time

Only dungeons anyone wants from people anymore is frost, as for quests almost no one does them anymore. Also saying we need to help is a bit disrespectful to me at least. How we choose to spend our free time is up to us, and we dont have to do anything we really don't want too.
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~A naked BM is a happy BM~
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ever notice that the games runs slower around dinner time

Nope, not really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zalm - Dreamweaver
    Zalm - Dreamweaver Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Nope, not really.

me neither
    I don't see people begging for Assassins to come save them.
    I don't see people spamming for BM or Archer buffs in Archosaur.
    I don't see people asking to be revived by Barbs, Seekers, or Psychics.
    You know what I do see?
    'OMG I NEED A CLERIC!'
    'Any clerics nearby that can buff me?'
    'Can you rez me? I need a rez.'
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You dont know if they talk to people or not maybe they have convo in pm or guild chat.

You say some people stand many hours and days without moving, do that mean u stay hours and days doing nothing watch them? Maybe they go do stuff and come back same spot before u come back same place, you dont know unless u spend urself hours doing nothing watching them which is not better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited April 2012
    also it is very disrespectful when higher level characters dont talk to lower level characters, i've seen it in every game, theres no excuse for it,

I dunno where you from but where im from we are free to speak to whoever we want. Is it respectful when a low lvl pm me asking for free coins that i worked to get? Cause when a low lvl pm me all he want its free money without working for it.

Its a game, its make to play there's no obligation to speak to people, if you want make friend go on FaceBook or w/e but let people play the game how they want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The servers are not close to being full.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited April 2012
    The servers are not close to being full.

We can talk together we are the same lvl b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    We can talk together we are the same lvl b:pleased

Qui 96% to 102 tho. b:cute
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I notice the most lag around 11pm, which is when every boy in my dorm is currently downloading P.0rn. Horny **** my Frost is more important than your French Maid!

If you're lagging at certain times, it usually has more to do with your environment than PWI.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If they autokicked chars for inactivity... everyone would see how empty all of the servers really are.

Even though you're only supposed to have a max of 2 clients, almost everyone I know has 2 or 3 chars logged in at any given time, excluding cat shops. Most people who merchant have 2 or more catshops open at any time.

If people saw how many actual unique users that were logged into their server at any time, I'm sure more people would leave...

...in this case, ignorance, as well as denial, is bliss.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.