How to recover a stolen account?

akelarre8533
akelarre8533 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Support Desk
Hi guys.

Today my friend's account was stolen. One Hacker changed her account password and email address.

A character send her a URL, where her PWI identity was stolen.

But now hacker are using her character to send hacker's URL to other players :(.

She's afraid to get banned, lost her account, or deleted chars (R9 + hercules included)

I just send an email to: customerservice@perfectworld.com from her original email with hacker's name and URL. and list her chars, levels and equipment.

Can i do anything else? Can they delete her venomancer lvl 101 + R9 + Hercules before admins helps me?

Thanks for all!
Post edited by akelarre8533 on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2012
    i. your friend needs to be handling this. Just the fact that you have her account info is a risk. She needs to immediately change it all so that only she knows what it is.

2. Sending the e-mail from the original address is the best, and you've got it right in that regards, but you've opened another window for allowing the account to be compromised by you doing it instead of her.

All this sharing of password information is exactly how her account got compromised in the first place. All you've done so far is support that while attempting to help her. Not to mention, the sharing of account data could get the both of you banned permanently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akelarre8533
    edited April 2012
    First thanks for reply. I'm her boyfriend dont worry if i have some information. She's so nervous to write in english. I have careful with her information, I dont posted any information about her account and I never will do. i'm only searching any guide to fix it faster.

She cant submit a ticket or create an post because she cant use her account. She needs create other account to post. This account is only to help her. I don't play perfect world maybe i have one level 5 char.

We change all passwords in all programs. It was the first we did.

Supports need a long time to response?
    edited April 2012
    give them 5-7 business days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • melanderi
    melanderi Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    First thanks for reply. I'm her boyfriend dont worry if i have some information. She's so nervous to write in english. I have careful with her information, I dont posted any information about her account and I never will do. i'm only searching any guide to fix it faster.

She cant submit a ticket or create an post because she cant use her account. She needs create other account to post. This account is only to help her. I don't play perfect world maybe i have one level 5 char.

We change all passwords in all programs. It was the first we did.

Supports need a long time to response?

It doesn't matter if you're her boyfriend, best friend, brother or pet- Sharing your account info with ANYONE is a fast way to have your account compromised. If you share your account info, you're basically saying that whatever this person does on your account is A-OK. So let's say Adjena decides to share her account info with GhostGhost, and then they have a fight. GhostGhost gets mad and decides to take all of her stuff. If Adjena had just kept her account information secure, she wouldn't be out that lovely dress she has.

On to the issue of the account in question- Have her send an email from her accounts registered email address to customerservice@perfectworld.com It is alright if her English is not perfect. b:victory

Key Points:

Don't share your account info. If you share your account info, you're gonna have a bad time.

Have the lady make sure there aren't any keyloggers on her computer, and if you have her email address password, she should probably change that too.
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • akelarre8533
    edited April 2012
    Ty Melanderi.

The email was send from her original email address. Changed all passwords. Now i dont know her new passwrod. I don't play PW xD.

But, Its allowed to delete characters with R9 items? Other items anda characters can be recovery by playing. But she dont wanna lost a lot of money.
  • PatsyBanger - Archosaur
    PatsyBanger - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Damn shame is we have to sometimes share our password with "friends" right now as pwi has failed to address the jones blessing issue and it is too hard to play without it
    edited April 2012
    Damn shame is we have to sometimes share our password with "friends" right now as pwi has failed to address the jones blessing issue and it is too hard to play without it
    If your friend can log you in for blessing but you can't, it's an issue on your system. Usually trying a different browser (like Chrome) works.

We played without blessings for years without problems though. It's not that you can't, but maybe that you don't know how to play without or won't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akelarre8533
    edited April 2012
    But, Its allowed to delete characters with R9 items?

Can anyone answer me?
    edited April 2012
    You can delete any character at any time. what it has on it does not matter. It takes a full week for the deletion to complete though so it's not something that will happen immediately.

Hell, if you're not paying attention you can simply NPC your gear, I've known it to happen to others, and I think I have managed to do it a couple of times myself.

As far as her getting banned, as long as she keeps open communication with PWE, I am sure that they will work with her to make sure it's handled properly. I have not ever heard of PWE deleting a character as punishment no matter what the offense. Permanent bans, sure. Even then I've seen people that were "permanently" banned come back after a few months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • teraflare2010
    teraflare2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    here is a question . what is pwi doin about all these acctsa gettin **** ,im bettin they are just countin their money cz 3 of my friends got **** and lost items and gms still havent responded .its gettin rediculous when you spend alot of money on a game just to have gms let ppl **** the acct .5they dont have a **** guard for teh game and they let ppl **** whoever as long as pwi gets paid . anyways what do you think pwi will do about the hacking ... absolutely nothin . i was **** 2 years ago and i lost everything on all chars and got locked out of my acct .i got my chars back but didnt get none of teh items back so there is yoru answer to what gms will do . the yreturn your chars without items just so you have to spend more money to get teh items you need.
    edited April 2012
    people aren't getting "****".

People are being damn gullible and giving their information away because they think they can get something for free, or cheap, or whatever from some website that they were given.

People are also being pretty stupid by sharing their login information with other people, or by just having such poor security that a greedy acquaintance can figure it out.

You can boil pretty much every "****" right down to a lack of "street smarts" when it comes to internet security on the side of the person that got "****".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]