Facebook Connect

TsukiiAkarii - Heavens Tear
TsukiiAkarii - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Support Desk
HI GM,

Recently, ive been trying to get Jone's Blessing through Facebook connect, but once I get to the stage of selecting my character from Heavens Tear server, It does not show any character at all, I have a Mystic level 88 b:cry

Can you please tell me what did I do wrong? b:worriedb:cry

Regards,
Tsukii
Post edited by TsukiiAkarii - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• RessenaRain - Sanctuary
    RessenaRain - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    same here
  • rchrdzepeda
    rchrdzepeda Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    same here
  • abellataylor
    abellataylor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    yea, having the same problem too :/b:sad
  • NeroTrace - Lost City
    NeroTrace - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I have the exact same problem... It's been a long time where things hasn't changed yet,
    I was looking for a thread from the GM's saying they'd fix the website, and the glitch there is on it. (Facebook Blessing's)

Sadly, I was wrong. I didn't find any of that, or confirmations from the GM's to fix the website. So I think it might take a long while till they find out themselves, and actually care to do something about it...
  • nicho360
    nicho360 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    yup i have a friend whit the same problem n she has like 1 month or more whitout blessing, pls gms fix this problemb:sad
  • Tenary - Harshlands
    Tenary - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hi.. i really need ur help b:cry
    Ive been trying so long to take my Jones blessing but its simply not working. I can connect to facebook, chose the blessing, chose the server ( harshlands ) but when i try to see and select the characters nothing happends and my character list does not appeasr b:shedtear
    Please, can some1 help me?! b:surrender
  • amtk85
    amtk85 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    same here
  • joemer
    joemer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    SAME HERE!!!!b:cry
  • _Kimchi_ - Lost City
    _Kimchi_ - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Yeah I've had this issue for almost a week now.
  • ayilian
    ayilian Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I've had it for more like three weeks.... It's becoming an issue with my game play...
  • Tenary - Harshlands
    Tenary - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    any1 help?.... b:cry
  • patsybanger
    patsybanger Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Worse when you submit a ticket they want you to send in the same thing that thousands of others already have or they dismiss the ticket. If they could not fix the problem in the first 1000 pictures sent in i sure do not know what good mine would do. All i can say is that my wife and i cash shop and they are about to lose that cash and we will go to a game that we have the same advantages as the others in the game. No sense in pouring more money into something they do not seem to care to fix.
  • TsukiiAkarii - Heavens Tear
    TsukiiAkarii - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    GM still hasnt reply to this post? :( how long is it gonna take them to recognise this b:angryb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • YUMI_YUMI - Archosaur
    YUMI_YUMI - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I HAVE SAME ISSUE ON ARCHOUSOR SERVER
    CANT CHOOSE CHARACTER FOR BLESSINGb:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
  • Dolyndra - Archosaur
    Dolyndra - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'm having same issue. Archosaur server shows up twice. Either one doesnt give me a character to choose from.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2012
    I hope you guys are opening tickets before you post here. If you don't open a ticket on it, nothing will get fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    there is a post by uvf, that explains how to get a blessing manually

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1179221
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    you don't need to send a ticket on this when they admitted on the general discussion board they made a change on april5 and it screwed it up. learn to read before shooting off your mouth
    edited April 2012
    condo2009 wrote: »
    you don't need to send a ticket on this when they admitted on the general discussion board they made a change on april5 and it screwed it up. learn to read before shooting off your mouth

You should read up on this more. They still ask you to submit a ticket if you have the issue. This will actually help them narrow down what the cause of it is and fix it faster.

So I can understand if you don't want it to be fixed, or if you want it to take longer sure. But if you want a faster resolution on it, give them more information to work with so that they can narrow down what the issue is. Sure they're working to fix it, but I can't imagine that they don't want you to submit tickets. In fact, every time this has occurred before, they have asked us to continue sending in tickets on it so that they could gather more information on the subject.

I think that maybe you should put a bit more thought into your reply before you spout off and make yourself look silly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • condo2009
    edited April 2012
    no tickets needed for this one, they already know how to fix, just too lazy to push it out to us. if you would stop trying to be the "mr pwi is a perfect game" someone might listen to you, because i sure don't.
    edited April 2012
    PWI is far from perfect. Hell, I run a private server to escape from the **** here sometimes. I do work in the support industry, and I have GM'ed for a few other games before. It is based on the things that I have learned, and from my many years of experience in the industry that I say what I say.

The sad part is that many people are just too ignorant, and are too unwilling to accept reality, to imagine that something could be at fault on their end. It is much easier to just blame the company and not have to take responsibility for anything.

In this case however, there is a known issue with the way the databases are interfacing. It has been an issue since at least last summer, and probably was an issue before that. PWE has royally dropped the ball on this one by basically ignoring it until it became such a problem that the very small percentage of users that actually use the forums started crying out "what the hell is going on?"

When you are trying to hunt for the solution to an issue like this, it helps to have as much information as you can get, so that you can narrow down the common variables to find a solution.

It's not a question of laziness, it's interfacing a website with two separate databases, and all three are running on different formats, not to mention that they are running on different operating systems. On top of that, you have an issue that is only affecting a few people, not everyone across the board.

You can choose to listen to who you want to, that's your choice. I prefer to side with quantifiable facts and supporting evidence, rather than some ghost cloud of imagination about what the issue really is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • condo2009
    edited April 2012
    all you do is tell everyone it is them and never pwi servers, when in fact it IS pwi. can tell you are in support, use stock answers for everything except you're not using your brain.
    edited April 2012
    condo2009 wrote: »
    all you do is tell everyone it is them and never pwi servers, when in fact it IS pwi. can tell you are in support, use stock answers for everything except you're not using your brain.
    By this statement I would assume you are talking about the common lag and DC issues.

I use stock answers, because that's exactly what the solution is 90% of the time. After over 20 years in the industry, there's not a lot that I haven't run across already.

I use a copy-paste descriptions with links built into it because the majority of people that post don't give me anything to work with.
    Quite sadly, the majority of them also never respond with any helpful information. Typically this is because it would require actual work, and it is much easier to just blame the company and go back to playing.
    Some, like yourself, will just sit out here and QQ rather than actually try to do anything that could possibly help themselves, or others.

I would love to have to use my brain more to work on peoples problems, it's something that I actually enjoy doing. Unfortunately, the majority of them either don't give enough information to work with, don't ever respond with more information, or just make non-helpful, inflammatory, QQ posts like yours. If you actually read some of the threads where people responded and listened to the advice I gave, the problems were typically hunted down and solved. (With the exception of a few occasions where it was nothing the user could do anything about. 98% of the time it was nothing PWE could do anything about either, even if they wanted to.)

I'm still waiting for the day when someone actually proves it's the servers and a GM hasn't announced that they are having an issue. Whenever someone actually bothers to respond with the info I ask for, it's narrowed down to either something on the users end, or a router that is between the user and the PWE ISP.

But that's all beside the point and has nothing to do with this topic.

They are working on it. Sure, they aren't coming up with a solution fast enough for us. I'm rather annoyed that it has gone on this long, that it took them as long as it did to admit there was an issue, and that they are not working harder to find a solution. But then I'm not where they are. I cannot see how hard they are working. I have an idea of what they have to go through to narrow it down and it's pretty immense. For all we know they have a full team that is currently doing nothing but trying to find the problem and solve this issue, and has been working on it for a while now.
    I know that if I were in that situation, I would be trying to gather as much data as possible to narrow down the common denominator that is causing the issue. How would you go about gathering data in this situation if not collecting data from the users that are experiencing the issue?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FelledBM - Dreamweaver
    FelledBM - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Sew1m.jpg
  • $hadow$in - Archosaur
    $hadow$in - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Same problem here whats the deal ?b:questionb:question
  • Xenovate - Harshlands
    Xenovate - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I have the same problem but when I click Like button it should turn into characters right? Well, it doesnt. I Like PWI page on fb but still have the Like button to click. HELP!
  • mropp
    mropp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    same/
  • samara05
    samara05 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    no kidding fix it plz b:cry
  • Eclipserain - Heavens Tear
    Eclipserain - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Okay so I had this problem once and only in one certain instance. I was having some trouble before where I could only reach facebook if it was Https://

I couldn't get to the drop down menu. I deleted the https and it worked. idk why it did, it may or may not help you. maybe something else happened but idk so just in case this is helpful...