recast 8 and clerics

Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Cleric
Since my cleric is an alt, I've decided that rank 9 is out of the question...I have a rank 9 sin an wizard. My cleric would be a 100% heal cleric in an alt tw faction and also to bb for me when i duo the first few waves of delta.

I was thinking that rank 8 though was not ou of my range and that maybe I should go full rank 8. Well, the thing is my wife an I do alot of 9 trials with my faction and I have most of the matts to go for recast 8. Looking at the stats of the recast 8, it looks pretty compareable to rank 9 in base stats.....

So if attack levels don't help heal then seems like full recast 8 is the best way to go for my cleric an won't cost all that much since i have the matts to recast through socializing an playing with faction.Have any other clerics went full recast an does it seem pretty good? the entire amount of def levels that full rank 9 gives can be gotten on the cleric weapon theoretically, so really the attack levels are all that is bieng given up. It also seems likely the armor could get better stats then rank 9 too.
Post edited by Flamespirit - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    There seems to be a huge shortage of Damascene ores (and not just on DW), so you won't get to reshape the armour that many times. That is, unless you have many of those stockpiled. Just a thought.

If it's cheaper for you, then go that route. I like recasted armour, it's highly customize-able. Only thing I'd ever recast is my archer's bow, since I'd probably just opt for Nirvana armour on my cleric, otherwise b:surrender
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If you get any piece, get the wep for added def levels/purify add-on and only after your armor is mostly finished (mostly finished as in mostly all +10). Do not get the r8 recast armor as it is a gigantic waste of money when you could just get 5-6 pieces of Nirvana/r9 armor and end up with more def levels and good fixed adds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If you get any piece, get the wep for added def levels/purify add-on and only after your armor is mostly finished (mostly finished as in mostly all +10). Do not get the r8 recast armor as it is a gigantic waste of money when you could just get 5-6 pieces of Nirvana/r9 armor and end up with more def levels and good fixed adds.

R8 recast armor is not a waste of money at all!
    It is not that expensive either, compare to Nirvana.

A nice alternative is to get only 2 pieces of R8 recast, boots and wrists for instance. That way you get the +900 hp set bonus, which is really great.
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    Kanmi - Sanctuary Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited April 2012

A nice alternative is to get only 2 pieces of R8 recast, boots and wrists for instance. That way you get the +900 hp set bonus, which is really great.

It is, consedering R8 recast armor adds are perfectly random . Making the armor itself may sound affordable, but if you get 3 crappy adds on every pieces of armor (maximum endurance,dex, evasion?), the cost jump to over 60M per rescast + the honing cost if you ever get something decent .
    R8 recast armor is mostly for people with a pre-defined idea of what they wanna get, more channeling/interval .

Wirstguard has 0.45% chance to get -1~6% channeling b:shocked

In the end, you would spend more on R8 recast than on a complete set of Nirvana and/or probably could have get 2-3 R9 pieces instead .
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    Yeah I see what's your point there.

I don't care about channeling honestly, that's why I recasted the sleeves.
    For the crappy adds, I was pretty lucky, I got some strength, hp, vitality, magic on boots and sleeves. Since I can restat the strength, it's pretty awsome.
    It only took me one reforge for each piece.

Moreover, 2 pieces of R8 recast = +900 HP
    This is really awsome, and definitely worth the recast.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2012

I am personally planning on getting the recast top and bottom for that reason.

Okay okay, it's mostly because of the looks b:chuckle

Although, even if you get the absolute worst possible stats on them (even though there will most likely be at least 1 useful stat) you'll at least have a +450 HP ''blue stat'' on each piece thanks to the set bonus. Not a bad deal for G15 armor that's around 80mil a piece, if you ask me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Or you can get 10 defense levels, better stats, and higher refines from two pieces of r9.....
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2012
    What's your point?

2 pieces of r8 recast doesn't even match the price of the Ring of Trauma.

We're talking about price efficiency here, not what's the best gear ever for cleric.
    And OP said he won't go r9.