Why my crafting exp doesn't upgrade?

Options
Tal_Bl - Harshlands
Tal_Bl - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
edited April 2012 in The Crafting Nook
Only for Apothecary it's work fine.
When I manufacture items, the crafting exp doesn't upgrade.
For example, at Tailor it's 18/20 and at Craftsman it's 16/20 and I'm stuck in there. As you can guess, I'm in lvl 2 on them. I've been noticed that on the Apothecary (that I can upgrade) it's X/20 while the X is white, and on the others(that I can't upgrade), the X is blue.
How can I compete whit this problom?
And is it a bug or it's fine and it should be that way?
*Edit: mistake
Post edited by Tal_Bl - Harshlands on

Comments

• Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if you are lv 2 Bs and Tailor, and crafstamn you need to craft lv2 items ( tailor, ornaments) for your skills to upgrade

then youll need to see the Elder to get next level..And so on ( regularly you ll need to do quest to get next level skills)
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Tal_Bl - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yes, I know that.
    But I can't go to elder becouse my exp of Tailor is 18/20 and by Tailor's manification it doesn't upgrade from 18/20 to 19/20!
    Also, I've been noticed that the "18" becoume to blue.
    So how can I fix it?
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You need to make things that require the level of skill you have in order to gain XP. So you need to make things that require tailoring 2 to get experience towards tailoring 3.
  • Nudefoxy - Lost City
    Nudefoxy - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    same probplem for me, i am a tailor 2 and got 14/20, so then i made 10 items that required lv 2 and my skill didnt even move
  • Bardolph - Harshlands
    Bardolph - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Must be only level 2 bug. I went from 40/45 and 35/45 to full on tailor and craftsman today.
  • Tal_Bl - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    same probplem for me, i am a tailor 2 and got 14/20, so then i made 10 items that required lv 2 and my skill didnt even move

So it's seems a bug of the update.. Maybe it's becouse Rising Tide update...
    So GM, please try to solve it b:cry
    So anyone that have this problem please response to this topic.
    Thanks you.
  • MulanWei - Raging Tide
    MulanWei - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Same issue for me but Lvl3 tailoring. I have been stuck on 30% for awhile now. I made 3 Lvl3 boots and it didn't move. I made 3 Lvl4 wrists and it didn't move. So I have used (I won't say wasted yet) mats and got no skill advancement and rough fur is kinda scarce.
  • Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Same issue for me but Lvl3 tailoring. I have been stuck on 30% for awhile now. I made 3 Lvl3 boots and it didn't move. I made 3 Lvl4 wrists and it didn't move. So I have used (I won't say wasted yet) mats and got no skill advancement and rough fur is kinda scarce.

So, you are a level 3 tailor? and you made level 4 boots? I may be reading that wrong because it's early, but just to be sure: you are looking at the tailor level requirement, right? not the character level needed for equip, nor the column it appears in (because most levels have two columns)?

edit: read more, and rough fur means you aren't making char req level 4 stuff...so maybe the column thing?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Tal_Bl - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options

Please tell me if you see in your skills list it shows 14/20 and not 14/20(the "14" is in its regular color - the same to the 20)
  • JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver
    JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    My apoc is 35/45(both numbers are white)
    But craftsman, tailor and blacksmith all have the first number blue(they are lvl5)
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • Tal_Bl - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Just like me!
    We can't upgrade the all skill's exp but Apothecary!
  • Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary
    Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Send them a ticket, with a link to a screenshot of your skill/xp if you can. Photobucket or Imageshack should be sufficient.
  • Tal_Bl - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Here is my proof:
    http://www.xfire.com/video/202aee/
    As you can see, exept from the last one(Apothecary) every skill's is stuck and in blue color.
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Few things:

In order to get lvl 4 manufacturing (of any type) as well as lvl 6 manufacturing (also of any type) requires you to do quests or get items in order to upgrade it.

You have to be lvl 50 to get the lvl 4 manufacturing, and then lvl 80 to get the lvl 6 manufacturing.

If you are manufacturing items that are a lower lvl than your current manufacturing lvl will not give you any exp.
    Example: If you have lvl 5 apothecary and you make a lvl 4 apothecary potion then you will not gain any apothecary-experience.

Remember, you need to talk to an Elder in order to upgrade (lvl-up) your manufacturing skill once your exp bar is full.

Although I think there might be a glitch where you can't make things for exp... If the problem persists then I'd suggest that you submit a ticket and wait patiently until you get a reply.

EDIT: Watched the video, was kinda low quality and hard to tell what was going on but you can't just manufacture the advanced-material. You need to make an actual USABLE item, not a mat thats required to make the usable item.
    b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • stonewallove
    stonewallove Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm not even making past lvl 1 on three of them... all are stuck with a static blue bar with equally static blue number. Elder doesn't offer me leveling up, and making the only tier item (lvl 1) doesn't move the blue bar up either.
  • Jestersig - Heavens Tear
    Jestersig - Heavens Tear Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Quote: Here is my proof:
    http://www.xfire.com/video/202aee/
    As you can see, exept from the last one(Apothecary) every skill's is stuck and in blue color.

Watched the video and your crafting experience didn't go up because you didn't actually craft any equipment. Crafting the mats for the equipment does not make exp go up.

It seems that some people are still confused as to what lvl they are crafting also. The crafting level is not the same as the item level or the level you need to use the item. If you are crafting level 2 then you need to make sure you are making stuff that requires crafting level 2 in order to get experience.

For example:
    Quote:

This is impossible, you can not make lvl 4 crafted wrists if your tailoring is only lvl 3. You probably made lvl 4 wrists which only require lvl 2 crafting and hence you didn't get any experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • my4um
    my4um Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    You need to make things that require the level of skill you have in order to gain XP. So you need to make things that require tailoring 2 to get experience towards tailoring 3.

Regarding that train of thought....are we supposed to move forward in lvl by CRAFTING only? I decomposed and item under crafting (a lvl 1 necklace or belt to my lvl 1 crafting skill). At the time, I was player lvl 24. I got a late start on this game feature before realizing the skill availability.

The decomposition did not move my progress bar. When I attempted to decompose another item (also lvl that was not in need of repair)...the "start button" no longer responded.

I will note that I have not attempted to craft any belts or necklaces, ect...

So again, just asking if decomp should have applied toward my craft lvl and if so, why did the progress bar not reflect that...and why did the "start button" freeze after the one decomp? Thanks for any input. Hope I was clear.
  • Enoka - Momaganon
    Enoka - Momaganon Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    decomposing doesnt give crafting exp and some items cant be decomposed

and i just checked, all crafting skills for me also are blue except for apo skill and i gain exp when i craft