My seeker defence is so low

Options
grandjimbo
grandjimbo Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
for watever reason my 50+ seeker is having trouble killing lvl 43 mobs b:shocked After my promo set expired i bought new parts from tailors and they had more defence then the promos but wen i checked stats my physical defense was about 300 lower. The gear i was using was one lvl 30 armor, a lvl 44 arm/gloves, lvl 46 boots, and lvl 43 pants. I know there a little low lvl for my seeker but why are they worse than the promo and why is def still so low??!!!b:angry plss help me fix this prob b:surrender
Post edited by grandjimbo on

Comments

• _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    You can get more physical -magical defense from ornaments.

Not sure about the promo set you were talking about, i think it's the one they realeased with Earthguard expansion, but those has bonus set that gives you some added stats.

You can always get the pwi blessing from the facebook page, the one that gives you defense and attack level it will help you.

Blessing
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Level 30 top on a level 50+ char? That's your main problem. Even if it's the rank 1 top, it's way past time to upgrade it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • draginvry
    draginvry Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    No wonder you are dying. The Tailor offers the worst armor imagineable. Try manufacturing, or hunting for armors off monsters, or buying from other players, or anything else other than buying armor from a Tailor.
    "Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
  • grandjimbo
    edited April 2012
    Options
    im wondering is there a way to recalculate my stats cuz that might help me with this issue?
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    grandjimbo wrote: »
    im wondering is there a way to recalculate my stats cuz that might help me with this issue?

If you mean the chara attribute points you can do so with reset notes that you can purchase from boutique.

If you mean the srest of stats those changes according to your gears.
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • grandjimbo
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If you mean the chara attribute points you can do so with reset notes that you can purchase from boutique.

If you mean the srest of stats those changes according to your gears.

i mean like reset all the points i added to str, vit, dex, and mag
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yeah, "reset notes" are available in the cash shop. Of course, unless you know what you are doing, you'll probably do something that at some point will feel like a waste again --- you can't "just play" most MMO"RP"Gs, they all put a lot of emphasis on trying to **** players.

If your class depends on gear (i.e. you are worrying about defense), getting stuff off quests and monsters might not be the best approach: at lvl 83, I still have a lot of gear pieces from lvl 5x. And it would have been even more, but despite droprates being extremely low, the extremely slow progress still causes a useable item to show up every once in a century or so. I even have a lvl 79 quest reward magic sword, which I think is something they forgot to remove when they decided that quests shouldn't have useful rewards.

Crafting didn't work for me either --- at one point I had a huge streak of bad luck which burned through my materials without producing the required item to level the crafting skill, and being too high in level to get even a remotely reasonable drop chance of the materials required I couldn't continue.

So, your only options are the cash shop (as always), dungeon running and buying stuff from players. At least in theory --- you won't be able to buy stuff from players unless you are rich, and chances are that you are not. And you won't be able to get into dungeon running parties/guilds unless you have great gear and provide proof that you can run dungeons 25/7 and you're on a first-name basis with all the monsters.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • draginvry
    draginvry Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

As a Seeker, you shouldn't have added any points to mag...
    "Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Go to http://pwcalc.com/ and recreate your character there, hit ''Save'' and post the link here. Should be a bit easier for us to help you that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    At least in theory --- you won't be able to buy stuff from players unless you are rich,

wait what? crafted 1-3* gears are quite cheap and often better than molds/tt, even pack gear sometimes
    you only purge once #yopo
  • grandjimbo
    edited April 2012
    Options
    nvm thanks for ur helps guys i found one a way to fix my problem gonna take a couple of lvls but at least its a start b:victory