Question: Is nirvana better off than R9?

Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
Considering that R9+12 full JOSD maybe a broken build but is it even WORTH the time invested into this R5 even? Who knows... maybe just for one character only that you play as... but when it comes to multiple chars... You'd have to invest on rep ALL over again, let's say if I have my tiger, seeker and fox at level 101+, all of them are heavy armored... With just rank 9...

That would mean 1.5k USD or a year worth of farming non-stop EACH character because I can't even account stash the gear because that is CHARACTER BOUND, not account bound... character bound, that's 4.5k USD down the toilet.

The stats won't be the same and for veno, there's no rank heavy gear (or at least light armor) which is pretty much a huge disappointment for a melee veno to give up heavy armor/light for arcane robes.

I think I prefer to invest in things that I would recycle and pretty much not even care to level at least one more after level 100... It is cheaper and a lot less time to worry about... I think I have a conclusion here, nirvana is better unless you really want to blow all that cash over pixels.
WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
Post edited by Cody_tylor - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You have no idea how expensive that is

I have a Warsoul Helmet, Nirvana 2. Recast Wand 2. Recast Arms, Legs, Heavenrage boots, r8 Chest Cube Neck, Warsong Belt , lv 95 LG Rings all +12

Allone for obtaining 4 Sockets on all of this i paid over 500 mil. +12 Everything was freaking expensive even with dorb prices around 4.5 Silver each. Full JOSD that stuff expect the Cloak wich is Grade 11 and the r8 Chest that have Garnets inside was also freaking expensive. For this price i would been able to equip at least 2 Chars r9 +10 without shards

Yes i can put most stuff in account stash and i can equip most arcane classes with it but i play most time only my cleric. Tbh r9 is superior in defence and damage. Allone the 50 Attack level on that weapon are so powerful that you cant compare it with nirvana stuff let allone the free set defence level. Any R9 with a +12 weapon and +8 gear will eat your gear for breakfeast.

dont do it unless you wanna pve only because for pve the gear above is allready imba and more than enough.
    I hate Room 38
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I can't speak for every class. But my veno and cleric do just fine in nirvana and normal bh100s with TT90 armor +3 and sharded with flawless citrines. My veno carries a TT99 gold glaive so she dosen't get laughed at. And my cleric is rank 8 with a +5 weapon, since I especially liked my cleric or wanted to do well. My barb has TT90 4 sockets with immaculate citrines and +3. TT99 scarlet axes +3.

Also with my characters I was able to farm 100 uncannies and 10+ rapture crystals during 2x so its not like we had problems doing things.

I think the answer to your question depends on if you are going PVP or PVE. You certainly don't need rank 9 for any instances o.o
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Unless you plan on going PvP with other rank9's.......no, rank9 is not worth it.
    Its more cost effective, especially in your case of multiples to get one good Nirvana set and stash it between them.
    There is absolutely no PvE content that requires anything even close to rank9 as its extreme overkill, so its a waste IMO for that.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    That's the main problem of rank : it has the best stats, but if the type/adds don't suit you, there is no substitute that comes even close. I miss the variation in builds of the old days... And some classes are really left behind on their rank sets, wether it's r8 or r9.

I do not agree that the character bound is a bad thing. It's more powerfull at the trade off only being used on 1 toon. Let's see the opposite : I can accountstash my r9. That would give me acces to 8 r9 sins to do most bhs in 15~20min for almost no cost. Not so fair if you ask me...

I would really like to know why you would even aim for all your toons to go r9 +12 JoSD. Honestly, it's not a crime to settle with something less then "the best". I got r9 on my sin, all my HA toons share a nirvana set that is already pretty damn good if you ask me, and my cleric has just ok'ish gear with 1 overkill item to make up for my own failing with squishy toons.

Bottom line : moderate your urge to be "the best" (you never will be anyway) or you will loose your real life outside pwi. Again : it's not a crime to settle for something other then R9 +12 with JoSD...
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    simple answer:
    nirvy is less expensive and not as good as r9. u decide which one u want to get.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Seeperd - Heavens Tear
    Seeperd - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Unless you plan on going PvP with other rank9's.......no, rank9 is not worth it.
    Its more cost effective, especially in your case of multiples to get one good Nirvana set and stash it between them.
    There is absolutely no PvE content that requires anything even close to rank9 as its extreme overkill, so its a waste IMO for that.

+10

This is the only reason why I would go Nirvi and not R9 - Account stash baby!!!
    And lets be honest - (in my opinion) If you KNOW your toon, know your limitations and your strengths, KNOW your combos, then a Nirvi armour toon does not have to take a step back to a R9 toon. Yes you might loose a PvP battle, BUT that R9 toon will know he was in a decent fight.
    I went to bed last night, lying on my back, looking up at the millions and millions of stars. During this time 2 thoughts crossed my mind:

1 - Do we really believe that we are alone in this vast universe...
    2 - If only I knew who stole my roof....
  • Notion - Lost City
    Notion - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    R9 is worth the money if you need the extra damage. The reason it's so good at the moment is that it's G16 and adds 60 attack lvl; however, this may be irrelevant for some people/ classes. For example: My sin has R9 wep/ ring and my barb has full second cast nirvana. R9 weapon for a barb is expensive and costs something like 40 extra stat points, despite this the attack level from R9 on a barb is effectively worthless. The biggest difference you'll find is in sharding. A full JoSD/ vit stone Nirvana character is much harder to kill than the couple hundred full R9's with G8 citrines on Lost City server. Learn how to play your classes and effective ways to mitigate damage and you'll find most the people in full R9 have no idea how to play, they just rely on their gear to carry them.

(R9 adds 20 defense level while second cast nirvana gives 13, so realistically the damage is the only legitimate argument)
  • Belzeber - Raging Tide
    Belzeber - Raging Tide Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Getting rank 9 on a PvE server is ****, in my opinion considering everything can be handled with Tt99+ gear. Don't get r9 unless your server is pvp heavy. (I don't mean people standing outside west arch with white names just talking to each other.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Awesome signature by Bellefleurs <3
    "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakin' moon!"
    "Any voice can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!"

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1335981

Bring Toonami back to Cartoon Network! Show your support!
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    R9 is worth the money if you need the extra damage. The reason it's so good at the moment is that it's G16 and adds 60 attack lvl; however, this may be irrelevant for some people/ classes. For example: My sin has R9 wep/ ring and my barb has full second cast nirvana. R9 weapon for a barb is expensive and costs something like 40 extra stat points, despite this the attack level from R9 on a barb is effectively worthless. The biggest difference you'll find is in sharding. A full JoSD/ vit stone Nirvana character is much harder to kill than the couple hundred full R9's with G8 citrines on Lost City server. Learn how to play your classes and effective ways to mitigate damage and you'll find most the people in full R9 have no idea how to play, they just rely on their gear to carry them.

(R9 adds 20 defense level while second cast nirvana gives 13, so realistically the damage is the only legitimate argument)

4 sockets and better adds allow for more room for improvements as you get money later. There's no reason a R9 with inferior shards can't learn how to play and mitigate damage until the player gets better shards either.

For anyone that wants to be serious about a tank barb or support cleric, you should probably go R8 recast for weapon.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    It really depends on what you want to do. You shouldn't worry too much about having the "best gear" because you may lose the actual goal of the game and that is; to play, enjoy and have fun. That of course doesn't mean not to worry about your gear and not try to improve.

There is no content that requires rank 9 as far as PvE goes. Even the changes in the TT bosses doesn't necessarily require rank9. A squad full of skilled and decently geared people (TT99 and up) should be able to do it. Now, if glitches/bugs occur, that's another story.

Now, as far as PvP is concerned, a full high-refined and well-sharded player with full Nirvana should be able to stand up against rank 9 rather well but I won't go into that since I haven't much experience on it.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well that's the thing: whether you want R9 or not eventually boils down to whether you want PvP. For some people that's where their fun is.

It's not all face roll as R9s don't exactly one shot R9s very easily if either party are any good.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    That would mean 1.5k USD or a year worth of farming non-stop EACH character because I can't even account stash the gear because that is CHARACTER BOUND, not account bound... character bound, that's 4.5k USD down the toilet.

You really think you can get a r9 set for 1.5k gold? A stock r9 without refines is more useless then my old r8 set. R9 is only useful if you can afford the refines and/or shards. You might be flirting with 3-4k by the end of it all for ONE set.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Ehh well there actually is some PVE content particularly well suited to R9:

Base Trials - A couple of R9s can easily have the same force of a much larger group of R8s which really helps in the higher stages where you need lots of people.

Soloing Trophy Modes - There are like 5 people on my server who solo these and they are all R9 and have made billions of coins each doing this.

Tiger Event - Good luck getting into the top 10 on archer if you're not r9 (and 5.0). Only Elena can do that!

Solo Harpy Wraith - cause why not?

Also it makes random BHs so much more pleasant if you don't have to rely on hyper babies that don't know how to play their class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Does soloing guards count as PvE b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.