Just cant decide

yandeman
yandeman Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Venomancer
Well i have been thinking about this for some time and i just cant make a decision between barb and veno.

I played both chars until lvl 20 but i still cant decide.

Id like to hear some opinions on the subject. Cause i realy need some help figuring out which one to choose.
Post edited by yandeman on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Why not keep playing both?
    Only twenty levels may not be enough for you to judge and nobody forces you to have one toon only.

I'd say, continue playing both toons and if at some point you feel that you need to focus on one only, you might be able to decide better what you like after you've been through more levels.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Once you get all your skills and good gear , and actually start doing more team stuff ull be able to judge.

I think lvl 60-70+ is a logical period to start deciding however it also depends on your skills and playstyle.

Just a detail though , you have picked 2 classes that require practice to master , but are quite rewarding and unique in the end. They are something different than the common APS craze , at least for venos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • yandeman
    edited April 2012
    I love the fact that veno's get to use pets. But what i read about those pets is that they die in like one shot in pvp that is what got me thinking to change my class to a some what tanky class like a barb.

Im kind of in the middle :p
  • yandeman
    edited April 2012
    So does any1 knows if it is true that veno's in pvp are quite useless or is this false.
    Cause if thats the issue ima roll a barb.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    yandeman wrote: »
    So does any1 knows if it is true that veno's in pvp are quite useless or is this false.
    Cause if thats the issue ima roll a barb.
    Solo or mass pvp? In both you need good gear and practice to be useful (since ppl try to kill them fast not to be purged). And yes, venos mostly rely on debuffs than on pets nowdays. But it doesnt mean at all you dont need good pvp one. If you are afraid to die a lot, roll a barb or try full vit arcane veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    All classes can be good in PvP. They have different playstyles and roles and they take time, practice and experience to master.

If you check the PvP ranks, you'll see some venos there and I can assure you those venos sure are deadly :p
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    yandeman wrote: »
    I love the fact that veno's get to use pets. But what i read about those pets is that they die in like one shot in pvp

Obviously, pet classes (in ANY game, not just PW) don't work in PvP --- while you can easily get monsters to attack your pet instead of you, other players are not quite as stupid.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The only thing a pet is usefull for in pvp at end game is buy you a few seconds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    At single PVP , all classes have problems against Assassins but that doesnt mean that the class fails.

At mass PVP / TW , things change a lot , and classes excel at something different but useful overall. If you have the patience or cash to gear your characters and join a good fun TW faction , you'll get a lot experience of what PWI has to offer in mass PVP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Even though your a beginner as a veno it seems.. If you wish not to die alot by BM/Barbs/etc. try rolling a HA veno, not or everybody mind you.
    Against Mage classes in pvp, stun them and take them down with fox form.
    um...

Yeah but i would surgest a AA/Vit veno for you.
    101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
    104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I had my Veno as my Main for... 2 years? Then it just lost it's appeal for me, and now, I don't really have a Main. And Veno is semi-retired.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    Even though your a beginner as a veno it seems.. If you wish not to die alot by BM/Barbs/etc. try rolling a HA veno, not or everybody mind you.
    HA veno is not a good choice for a beginner. Its for experienced player who is able to mess with stats, since he will lack them badly at first. Besides HA veno is worse than vit arcane unless you refine it really well, but again, i guess beginner wont do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Azuraeclipse - Archosaur
    Azuraeclipse - Archosaur Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    HA veno is not a good choice for a beginner. Its for experienced player who is able to mess with stats, since he will lack them badly at first. Besides HA veno is worse than vit arcane unless you refine it really well, but again, i guess beginner wont do it.

Haha MY Ha veno 1 sec will show what is Happening.

(Thats why i said) since i realized that he was only playing for about 2 weeks added to go vit/AA build :D i know the HA venos arn't for everybody due to its complicated and confusing and needs alot of reasearch to figure out a build for you.
    Some go AA/HA of go mixed while i'm going pure HA rather than both. Though it is a real challenge in pk i admit that, but you are able to kill mage classes if you see them first :3

-Raziyal, 14.5k hp (barb buff) 10k unbuffed, Nirvana HA armor (second cast), Vitstones and some other shards i forgot >.< and is sage.
    Mag def 7k, pysical def 23k (with r8 wep) or 21k with a lower wep. Refines +10

though as a beginner i would like him to go AA rather then the crazy build like LA and HA >.< since i realized he's new etc.... stick with the AA builds or AA/vit or a hybrid build (if you wish to tay fox form)
    I Laugh in the face of danger, Then I hide until it goes away :3
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well for the first post, playing both is a good idea. Playing one toon is just boring anyway. What I did was make my veno light armored melee and did perfectly fine. I barely even use my pets to even tank because it will make me kill slower and I'd have to heal more often which is rather annoying. While my barb is HA, you can actually make your veno LA from level 1-77/80 to HA for 77/80 to endgame. You can share gears between those two characters.
    The only thing a pet is usefull for in pvp at end game is buy you a few seconds

This is obviously true, most Arcane robe venoes QQ and then quit their char or just quit the game because pets becomes moot by endgame.
    At single PVP , all classes have problems against Assassins but that doesnt mean that the class fails.

At mass PVP / TW , things change a lot , and classes excel at something different but useful overall. If you have the patience or cash to gear your characters and join a good fun TW faction , you'll get a lot experience of what PWI has to offer in mass PVP

Really? Sins 20+ levels above my veno steam roll themselves via bramble... and my veno is the gimped damage light armor while my veno is level 80 with TT80 LA gold set going to restat to HA in order to AOE solo effectively with no herc. World PK have bramble glitched (as it doesn't work in this situation) anyway, which is stupid to do...
    Once you get all your skills and good gear , and actually start doing more team stuff ull be able to judge.

I think lvl 60-70+ is a logical period to start deciding however it also depends on your skills and playstyle.

Just a detail though , you have picked 2 classes that require practice to master , but are quite rewarding and unique in the end. They are something different than the common APS craze , at least for venos.

Wrong, APS works efficiently on venoes, just only for the melee ones really... and for barbs, pitiful... -interval on barbs are pretty much useless unless they spend $$$... BP or not, interval on a barb is as smart as putting in -requirement on hats for a mystic.
    Solo or mass pvp? In both you need good gear and practice to be useful (since ppl try to kill them fast not to be purged). And yes, venos mostly rely on debuffs than on pets nowdays. But it doesnt mean at all you dont need good pvp one. If you are afraid to die a lot, roll a barb or try full vit arcane veno.

Venoes don't die a lot unless they utterly fail at this game.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    mm2000 wrote: »
    Venoes don't die a lot unless they utterly fail at this game.
    I mostly talk from the point of view of a newbie. Even if you are not fail at the game, you need some time to get used to the character and learn to use skills and pills fast. I meet a lot of venos nowdays, even high lvls, who die faster than any other robe class, though most other robes are full magic and venos have much more survivability and ways to save their tails.

In pvp you die no matter what build you have. In pve you depend on party too much sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise