FF question - Fear sleep timing

MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
I know that when Messenger of Fear says:

You'll drown in endless nightmare!

He's shooting his AOE, but after that he sleeps. What genie skill can I used to resist this? And what timing is it?

Hope to get some input, thank you so much!
Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
Post edited by MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Adrenaline Surge (level 1 metal) protects you from sleep for 7 seconds at level 10.

You should just use the skill once Fear's message pops up, and then just use it immediately after it cools down afterwards (the cooldown is 30 seconds, Fear's AoE comes at 30 second intervals). Your genie will need about 85 magic to be able to keep up with the energy (80 energy every 30 seconds) needed to do this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    When I was rather squishy I feared that and always used Absolute domain when he aoes and it did the trick or you can always use vaculty powder to avoid sleep.
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    When you see the message pop up, you have the time to cast an AOE heal that will be cast between the moment he aoes and the moment he sleeps everyone.
    You don't need high channeling to do this. Just try to find the right timing, as you might have to wait 1 or 2 seconds before channeling the spell after the message pops up.
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hmmm okay.. Still not very confident of it.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
  • Punching_bag - Sanctuary
    Punching_bag - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Why bother with avoiding the sleep? The 2 aoes are separate and damage comes first. Any class with cancelling can stop the damage. Just wait about a second and then hit him.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I just spark resist it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]