Money Prices Issues

Wearwolfify - Archosaur
Wearwolfify - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
Some months ago, there were good prices for gold and other things in the auction (when gold price was like 400,000-600,000), but now it is a HELL. Why? Because you cannot buy anything with the game money! b:cry Some people (like teenagers) are not allowed or don't want to use real money on virtual things such as spenting 20 dollars on 23 gold coins for PWI, so the only options left are the surveys (which will probably ask for money later on, or will spam you b:angry) or use the game money. But now, the game money is totally useless since it is so hard to get even 100,000 when you don't have any quests and there are other trade competitors against you too.

One example of the problem is that the cost for only ONE peace of gold in the auction. Did you saw the prices? They are going way beyond 1 million game money! b:shocked Since the gold prices are keep rising - the prices on other things are ALSO rising (things such as mounts, flyers, fashion, exp cube things, etc.) Doesn't this limits your opportunities for at least not spenting real money on video games (or keep your economy balanced in real life)? Don't you guys think it's a bit unfair with all these prices? b:cry

P.S. sorry if there is already similar thread/post.
"It's hard to make good friends while it is easy to make enemies."

"Smiles plays the main role in your life."
Post edited by Wearwolfify - Archosaur on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Some months ago, there were good prices for gold and other things in the auction (when gold price was like 400,000-600,000)

Gold hasn't been less than 1,000,000 in over a year as far as I can remember. And it peaked at 2,000,000+ around last Christmas.
    but now it is a HELL. Why? Because you cannot buy anything with the game money!

Actually you can. People still use in game coin to buy boutique items from others, and people still sell Gold for in game coin. So, you can just get into the Gold market and make profits there.
    b:cry Some people (like teenagers) are not allowed or don't want to use real money on virtual things such as spenting 20 dollars on 23 gold coins for PWI, so the only options left are the surveys (which will probably ask for money later on, or will spam you b:angry) or use the game money. But now, the game money is totally useless since it is so hard to get even 100,000 when you don't have any quests and there are other trade competitors against you too.

It's not that hard. You can get like 100,000 easily from farming DQs for an hour. Or you could farm herbs and get even more than that. Or you could do Cube of Fate at 90+ and get the Page of Fate, which is worth 400,000 coins. At 100+ you also get Bh100, which has an expected return of about 600,000 coins.
    One example of the problem is that the cost for only ONE peace of gold in the auction. Did you saw the prices? They are going way beyond 1 million game money! b:shocked Since the gold prices are keep rising - the prices on other things are ALSO rising (things such as mounts, flyers, fashion, exp cube things, etc.) Doesn't this limits your opportunities for at least not spenting real money on video games (or keep your economy balanced in real life)? Don't you guys think it's a bit unfair with all these prices? b:cry

Um... The price of Gold is rising mostly because there are things on sale in the boutique that people want, such as fashion or packs.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    It's not that hard. You can get like 100,000 easily from farming DQs for an hour. Or you could farm herbs and get even more than that. Or you could do Cube of Fate at 90+ and get the Page of Fate, which is worth 400,000 coins. At 100+ you also get Bh100, which has an expected return of about 600,000 coins.

Farming DQ's translates to roughly 7 cents an hour. Chances are that the electricity your computer uses costs about the same as that, if not more.

You'd need to grind for over 1100 hours to get yourself the money for a set that would ebe considered average at 100+ (that you could get in like 10 hours by working at mcDonald's). 1 Page of Fate and BH100 combined gets you can average bonus of about 70 cents a day. ''Manual labor'' is pretty much worthless in pwi now unless you've already made it far enough to do nirvanas or 3-2/3-3 as much as you can.

You'd better just focus on having fun in PWI because if you enjoy a game through actually working your way towards wealth and power, then you're much better off looking for a different MMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaboro
    kaboro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Some months ago, there were good prices for gold and other things in the auction (when gold price was like 400,000-600,000), but now it is a HELL. Why? Because you cannot buy anything with the game money! b:cry Some people (like teenagers) are not allowed or don't want to use real money on virtual things such as spenting 20 dollars on 23 gold coins for PWI, so the only options left are the surveys (which will probably ask for money later on, or will spam you b:angry) or use the game money. But now, the game money is totally useless since it is so hard to get even 100,000 when you don't have any quests and there are other trade competitors against you too.

You have to understand that the so-called free to play games are not really free to play, its a different business model, but still a business model so in the end you still pay one way or another.
    You pay with real money or with in-game grinding, choice is yours.
    You can get around this (to a certain extent) if you are a good player that has good friends and can form fair groups together, or if you belong in a strong guild where you are a good and active member.
    If not, you have to either pay real money or grind your @ss off.....or just accept playing without the amenities of cash shop items.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    kaboro wrote: »
    You have to understand that the so-called free to play games are not really free to play, its a different business model, but still a business model so in the end you still pay one way or another.
    You pay with real money or with in-game grinding, choice is yours.
    You can get around this (to a certain extent) if you are a good player that has good friends and can form fair groups together, or if you belong in a strong guild where you are a good and active member.
    If not, you have to either pay real money or grind your @ss off.....or just accept playing without the amenities of cash shop items.

People are just too much lazy, there's many way to make money, just take the event of friday Archosaur Assault i maked millions doing it and i was alone in no squad. People lvl 100 can farm in nirvana a run in caster can give around 1m more in caster for like 20-25minutes, and you could be factionless and no friend to do it, i always keep a eye on the world chat and when i see someone asking i pm.

Actually all events are good too, but if its like on my server (Harsland) people QQ they cant do the event cause the get Pk, there's always spot in sz or where you can do it quiet without be pk, for tiger event, i take a quiet spot and kill mobs then when the boss spawn beside go at boss and QQ got pk by ppl i stay behind and farm herb, on my wizz i NEVER go on tiger boss (i tried once and directly got pk but beside QQ i found a other way to get point to get reward) and always get in top 10 on wizz and im not R9+12 im a simple R8 like everybody. From that event u can get many item that u can use or sell, you can get exctacy card, celestial insignia, sockets etc.

Ok jungle event is totally **** and i fail hard to make it take me 30 minutes get in the room to get my free event gold, but sometime i get lucky and get a extacy card from the bh guy or 50 mirages.

COA event again i do that solo without friend faction, i have cleric and wizz R8, so yes i dont kill 30 boss like the bm and sin, i can kill 2-3, so that give me some page of fate to sell, and if my room won well i got 2x more and still the bh guy reward.

Tournement, again people dont even try and QQ about the fact that just the top rpk faction of the server go there and kill all other faction, but u know what? i still go, i take a chance, yes sometime i get kill in the first room, but sometime im lucky and can reach the second and third room without get pk and again free page of fate. (but i do more that one for the fun than for the pages tbh)

And all the event i do i go without my friend or my faction, people have plenty of way to make money but they are just lazy.

P.s: for the ''teenagers'' tbh the most rich ppl i know in game are the people who never cashopped and some of them are teenager who go to school and dont work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2012

The past couple of months the price of gold has been gradually dropping actually. In december the prices were around 2 mil per gold, now it's only 1.2 mil. I think you mean a few years ago it was around 400k...

Your best bet at making some decent coins at lower levels is farming materials / herbs, as people are too lazy to do so themselves and will gladly pay a few k for each mat. Once you've made a few million this way, you can start looking into ways to merchant for some more cash.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Yes prices have become insane, but this pretty much exclusively affects "end-game" items. Unfortunately, the economy and pwi stimulate ways of earning coins that involve "not playing the game", such as cashshop, merchanting or soloing things that were meant to squad. Lowered prices of dq items, no reason to grind for lvling, dual clienting etc.

However, everything from 1 to 99 and the basic 100s gear is cheaper then ever before. You shouldn't have any problems on money till 90s unless you lvl to fast then is good for you. If you can't play much, just don't do a bh every now and then...

Getting to decent armor that allows you to play is very doable. At 100+, ppl demand rediculous requirements for some instances, but armor that allows you to play is doable for all actually.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Farming DQ's translates to roughly 7 cents an hour. Chances are that the electricity your computer uses costs about the same as that, if not more.

You'd need to grind for over 1100 hours to get yourself the money for a set that would ebe considered average at 100+ (that you could get in like 10 hours by working at mcDonald's). 1 Page of Fate and BH100 combined gets you can average bonus of about 70 cents a day. ''Manual labor'' is pretty much worthless in pwi now unless you've already made it far enough to do nirvanas or 3-2/3-3 as much as you can.

You'd better just focus on having fun in PWI because if you enjoy a game through actually working your way towards wealth and power, then you're much better off looking for a different MMO.

Your point?

The OP specifically complained about people who are not able to cash shop for one reason or another.

Of course, cash shopping is always going to be the fastest option. But it's not an option for everyone. Some people don't have debit or credit cards for various reasons, most of the players don't live in the US so they don't get the option of the prepaid cards either. Which pretty much leaves people like this with no option to cash shop.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Wearwolfify - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    The past couple of months the price of gold has been gradually dropping actually. In december the prices were around 2 mil per gold, now it's only 1.2 mil. I think you mean a few years ago it was around 400k...

Your best bet at making some decent coins at lower levels is farming materials / herbs, as people are too lazy to do so themselves and will gladly pay a few k for each mat. Once you've made a few million this way, you can start looking into ways to merchant for some more cash.

Well everytime I want to sell my farmed things - after 10-20 minutes the game says that I am disconnceted from server even though that doesn't happen when I leave my character standing near teleporter for an hour...

• Ecclesianne - Heavens Tear
    Ecclesianne - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    sklgjsgdsdgsd
    when I last played, gold was around 300k-600k.
    What happened??
    edited April 2012
    People are just too much lazy, there's many way to make money, just take the event of friday Archosaur Assault i maked millions doing it and i was alone in no squad. People lvl 100 can farm in nirvana a run in caster can give around 1m more in caster for like 20-25minutes, and you could be factionless and no friend to do it, i always keep a eye on the world chat and when i see someone asking i pm.

Actually all events are good too, but if its like on my server (Harsland) people QQ they cant do the event cause the get Pk, there's always spot in sz or where you can do it quiet without be pk, for tiger event, i take a quiet spot and kill mobs then when the boss spawn beside go at boss and QQ got pk by ppl i stay behind and farm herb, on my wizz i NEVER go on tiger boss (i tried once and directly got pk but beside QQ i found a other way to get point to get reward) and always get in top 10 on wizz and im not R9+12 im a simple R8 like everybody. From that event u can get many item that u can use or sell, you can get exctacy card, celestial insignia, sockets etc.

Ok jungle event is totally **** and i fail hard to make it take me 30 minutes get in the room to get my free event gold, but sometime i get lucky and get a extacy card from the bh guy or 50 mirages.

COA event again i do that solo without friend faction, i have cleric and wizz R8, so yes i dont kill 30 boss like the bm and sin, i can kill 2-3, so that give me some page of fate to sell, and if my room won well i got 2x more and still the bh guy reward.

Tournement, again people dont even try and QQ about the fact that just the top rpk faction of the server go there and kill all other faction, but u know what? i still go, i take a chance, yes sometime i get kill in the first room, but sometime im lucky and can reach the second and third room without get pk and again free page of fate. (but i do more that one for the fun than for the pages tbh)

And all the event i do i go without my friend or my faction, people have plenty of way to make money but they are just lazy.

P.s: for the ''teenagers'' tbh the most rich ppl i know in game are the people who never cashopped and some of them are teenager who go to school and dont work.

Well some events require to ethear be high level (which I cant accomplish due to lack of money for Crazy Stone quests) or they just happen on the days when I can't really do anything to log in and play. I tried the jungle event too, but I never got to finish it (only ounce I almost got there until I got killed by mob).

Some teenagers just have lots of time, but again not all are like that; some just don't have time due to lots of AP classes for their colleges (if you want to have a descent job when you grow up).

edited April 2012
    Your point?

The OP specifically complained about people who are not able to cash shop for one reason or another.

Of course, cash shopping is always going to be the fastest option. But it's not an option for everyone. Some people don't have debit or credit cards for various reasons, most of the players don't live in the US so they don't get the option of the prepaid cards either. Which pretty much leaves people like this with no option to cash shop.

My point is that I can't buy descent "in game" things because since gold price is rising, the game items prices are rising too (I am not a high level character, but I saw how much a good, descent armor costs for high levels).

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    sklgjsgdsdgsd
    when I last played, gold was around 300k-600k.
    What happened??

when was last time u play? 4 years ago??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well some events require to ethear be high level (which I cant accomplish due to lack of money for Crazy Stone quests) or they just happen on the days when I can't really do anything to log in and play. I tried the jungle event too, but I never got to finish it (only ounce I almost got there until I got killed by mob).

Some teenagers just have lots of time, but again not all are like that; some just don't have time due to lots of AP classes for their colleges (if you want to have a descent job when you grow up).

lol, you complain you dont have enough money, then complain dont have enough time, but want to compete with other? what next?

useful tips for you: rather than playing a game, focus on your AP classes first & go play an offline game.

b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    well, pwi wants to make profit and doesnt care at all about players who cant pay them

pwi is more like a p2p game...i mean, in wow u pay like what? 15bucks per month? and can aquire all gear w/o charging?

now look at pwi...u get nothing for 15bucks...lol
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I don't know if it is that hard to make money(coins) in game - lvl 25 BM at RT - and on my way to 2 mill in the bank, It takes some catshopping and some luck too.

shashahah2@
    Nobody forces you to pay ;) , and about your wow argument, you have to 1. buy the game + expansions and 2. You have to pay to use official servers = you have 2 pay to play imo

It's the same with others games too, like Battlefield P4F and the rest of playforfree.com
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
    edited April 2012
    lordhanzo wrote: »
    lol, you complain you dont have enough money, then complain dont have enough time, but want to compete with other? what next?

useful tips for you: rather than playing a game, focus on your AP classes first & go play an offline game.

b:shutup

LOL I didn't said that I have AP classes; that was an example of an issue that some people have (at least my classmates). b:pleased

About time, even adults have difficulty with it, so what's the difference? Whenever you go - got duties everywhere (such as doing house cores at home). And yeah again, I'm just setting an examples of what issues people have about time (or money). But you got a little point there. b:victory

Well sorry for being such a big complainer b:laugh

• Bladesofpie - Dreamweaver
    Bladesofpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2012

im pretty sure i remeber time when it was at 200k or less so it just changes over time with the sales and other in game factors
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    did anyone else read OP's name as Warrenwolfy and get confused about the complaint?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    did anyone else read OP's name as Warrenwolfy and get confused about the complaint?

Yup ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012

I'm not the only one who did that? Excellent!b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BloodyNero - Raging Tide
    BloodyNero - Raging Tide Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Go lvl up and then come back, if u're lvl 100 and not making 2 mil a week then contact a GM to delete ur account, if u can't do it urself b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Revalen - Raging Tide
    Revalen - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Glad I wasn't the only one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    tbh the most rich ppl i know in game are the people who never cashopped

They are lying to you.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    They are lying to you.

This is true, partly.

Insecure cashshoppers will say they merch/farmed everything because being a cashshopper is apparently embarrassing to a few players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Sabelline - Heavens Tear
    Sabelline - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    when was last time u play? 4 years ago??

4 years ago it was more like 100k, wasn't it?
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    This is true, partly.

Insecure cashshoppers will say they merch/farmed everything because being a cashshopper is apparently embarrassing to a few players.

Atm there is a sort of irrationally huge "f2p pride" that considers that charging $ makes you a noob... I think there are actually a lot that charged zen one time or another, even if it's just 10$ 3 years ago to buy a pro panter.

And after all, being full r9 +12 with JoSD while never having charged a single dollar isn't really a sign of a splendid mental health/social life either imo b:surrender

Soon the wc will be "vana need 5 aps +10 F2P bm/sin !" b:avoid
  • Yin - Momaganon
    Yin - Momaganon Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'm a student with very low incomes so I can't put any euros in game but still i have almost complete r9 set
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'm a student with very low incomes so I can't put any euros in game but still i have almost complete r9 set

Those who used APS classes (most common way) or merhant their characters to R8 - R9 will say same as Yin - Momaganon, people that have not possibility to do same, will tell other stories.

Edit:
    Quantity of "happy" people dependent from amount of gold infused by Cash shoppers.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    @ Yin : You didn't seem to get the point. The time "farming" and running a virtual shop make you just as crazy as someone who charges zen to buy the same. You spend an "unhealthy" amount of time online, others spend an "unhealthy" amount of money. I really don't see why 1 should get more merit then the other. If everybody just spend a little less attention on what got and how they got it, pwi would become a better place.

And plz don't give me the "I'm a poor student" argument. I've studied too, and know that the amounts of money spend on alcohol, parties and such by the average student over his school periode, is more then enough to buy several r9 set b:laugh Maybe not your case, but it's kinda cliche

For players that have neither excessive time or the ability to put in money for whatever reason, I think they can normally play. However, they shouldn't put to high "endgame goals" like r9 +10 and such. Getting to 100 with decent +4~5 gear sharded with immacs is doable for everyone. If someone can take enough with that is another story... Not matching the general opinion standards does affect gameplay... But that is still a lvl90~100+ issue only.