Need some help.

Options
teros
teros Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
So, I'm an old player, me and a group of friends got into the betas and played around all the way up and past the release, kept playing for a good amount of time but ended up having to leave for a while. Well, we all decided that now that life has calmed down we were going to get back into the game, all re-download it, and go to log in, most of us get in fine but one of our friends gets the message 'this account has been banned from perfect world international'. And he also apparently has been banned from the forums. None of us have played for at LEAST 6-7 months, and he wasn't banned last time when we were all playing together... (I don't know why he would of been banned, we only ever really played with each other...)

With that explained, all I want to know is how can he submit a ticket or something to at least see why his account was banned? Once we figure that out we can go from there but after navigating the site for a bit we haven't found a way for him to ask...
Post edited by teros on

Comments

• miausong
    miausong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Good luck ur waiting to like a year wait for a gm to even respond xD. cuz they take so long w/e. Maybe someone messed with his account but why don't yall all start over from scratch. That is what me and my friends do if we havnt played a game in like half a whole year. so we can start fresh get a feel for it again and meet new ppl xD. But yeh pwi doesn't care. Thats the way I feel. Cuz they took 5 days to respond to my first ticket then like 11 days for second response :(
  • teros
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Well, typically we would, I mean starting new isn't that big a deal, we just have fun doing the instances and etc. with our group (we tend to play all in the same room), but we got really big into this and a few of us spent some real money on leaves to buy some things in game (him included). And since he has even a bit of money into it we want to know whats up.
  • miausong
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Well it is actually possible he could have been **** in that time. Which yes it does suck.
    I mean you did spend money. But Pwe I'm telling doesn't really care that much if got **** or not or if u lost ur stuff or if ur account is banned. Its harsh I know. And a response from a gm will probably take like 5 days minimum. Unless ur some how really lucky. What server yall playing on?

Oh I have also friends that have come back to the game with this problem. and they didn't have much luck either. As for you and the other friends you have that can get in yall can transfer ur stuff to new charecters if you wanted Like trading or account stash or something. xD sorry I'm not much help.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Could he have been playing on, (Outta Area-Servers) other then the 1's his (living areas) zone alots for him too use???b:question

But now that I think of it, that wouldn't be enough to drop him from the foyers aswell???

Maybe he was caught going to a pirate site, instead of PWi.....b:puzzled

Or possibly, he was **** while he was away, and then had his account (Perma-banned) when he didn't reply to try and clear up the ban by proving he was the original user for the account, within a set amount of time after the ****.... So they thought his was a ~Dead Account~ "due to the lack of (Access / Activity) from his original (IP Address)..... Thats a possibility aswell....b:bye

Anyhow the ADMINs, will probably require him to 'Email them' and set up a (discussion time) with them to discuss it..... since the MODs will likely close this thread under the (No Ban discussion rule), but I hope your friend is able to get it all figured out, and have their Ban rescinded, so that they can finally be able to play again........
  • teros
    edited April 2012
    Options
    We play on Sanctuary, and no you've been fairly helpful at least you set the expectation v.v.
  • teros
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yeah, there are 8 of us that play and hes the only one who can't get in >.< I know for a fact he hasn't played this or any of the other PWI games (we live and work together), but I dunno... We will see what happens, he submitted a report ticket just requesting why he was banned.
  • miausong
    edited April 2012
    Options
    miausong wrote: »
    seitori wrote: »
    could he have been playing on, (Outta Area-Servers) other then the 1's his (living areas) zone alots for him too use???b:question

lol what.

But yeah sorry that I can't help more and hopefully it works out with u and ur friend. btw what server yall going to play on?
  • miausong
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ah
    well if ur starting out new or not I have some charecters and new ones we can quest together if u want xD
  • seitori
    edited April 2012
    Options

lol what.

But yeah sorry that I can't help more and hopefully it works out with u and ur friend. btw what server yall going to play on?

ROFL!!!b:laugh

Yep Some of my friends got themselves banned awhile back for playing other servers outside of their areas for some reason... And yes, It was wierd for me to find out, that it was possible for someone too have been banned for that aswell.......

LoLzzzzz
  • miausong
    edited April 2012
    Options
    O.O interesting info dude xD
  • pieofdeath21
    pieofdeath21 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Could he have been playing on, (Outta Area-Servers) other then the 1's his (living areas) zone alots for him too use???b:question

But now that I think of it, that wouldn't be enough to drop him from the foyers aswell???

Maybe he was caught going to a pirate site, instead of PWi.....b:puzzled

Or possibly, he was **** while he was away, and then had his account (Perma-banned) when he didn't reply to try and clear up the ban by proving he was the original user for the account, within a set amount of time after the ****.... So they thought his was a ~Dead Account~ "due to the lack of (Access / Activity) from his original (IP Address)..... Thats a possibility aswell....b:bye

Anyhow the ADMINs, will probably require him to 'Email them' and set up a (discussion time) with them to discuss it..... since the MODs will likely close this thread under the (No Ban discussion rule), but I hope your friend is able to get it all figured out, and have their Ban rescinded, so that they can finally be able to play again........

what exactly are outta area servers?
  • miausong
    edited April 2012
    Options
    i questioned that line as well xd
  • seitori
    edited April 2012
    Options
    teros wrote: »
    Yeah, there are 8 of us that play and hes the only one who can't get in >.< I know for a fact he hasn't played this or any of the other PWI games (we live and work together), but I dunno... We will see what happens, he submitted a report ticket just requesting why he was banned.

That may be the problem Right There.....b:surprised

If you all Share the Same (IP Address) he may have been banned, for Exceeding the number of accounts that are (allowed & allotted) for a single IP Address........b:thanks
  • teros
    edited April 2012
    Options
    So PWI hasn't heard of LAN parties? It's not uncommon... we've done it for every MMO we jump into... If he got banned for that then that's kind of ****ed up to be honest... Though it wouldn't make sense since the rest of us are fine...
  • miausong
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Come to think of it Sei they do restrict a certain amount of users for one ip. Maybe if he had his own internet he could bring over. Cuz if I remember correctly. I think i did read somewhere about pwe restricting a certain amount of connections to one Ip at a time Just cannot remember where.
  • Bladesofpie - Dreamweaver
    Bladesofpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    mia is correct somewhere they said theres a limit to either connections or accounts per ip address i think at least
  • seitori
    edited April 2012
    Options
    what exactly are outta area servers?

LoLzzz!!!

You got me, but they apparently do seem to exist.....

And no my friends weren't on any pirate servers.....

My guess is, that they tried to play the Euro servers though.......b:chuckle
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Come to think of it Sei they do restrict a certain amount of users for one ip. Maybe if he had his own internet he could bring over. Cuz if I remember correctly. I think i did read somewhere about pwe restricting a certain amount of connections to one Ip at a time Just cannot remember where.
    LoLzzz!!!

You got me, but apparently they seem to exist.....

and no my friends weren't on any pirate servers.....

My guess is, that they tried to play the Euro servers though.......b:chuckle
    oh i get it as in me being in america trying to play the chinese servers or something and i thought you were allowed to play private servers
  • miausong
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I found nothing of the sort of Outta Area Servers on google on wiki or anywhere XD.
  • teros
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Well, we played on american servers... So that's not an issue, but really? A cap to the number of people on one IP? WoW doesn't even do that... It's just way easier to have a whole team of people sitting in one room to clear things out... If that's what it turns out to be when we get word back from a gm then I guess we will just go play something else...
    edited April 2012
    Options
    teros wrote: »
    Well, we played on american servers... So that's not an issue, but really? A cap to the number of people on one IP? WoW doesn't even do that... It's just way easier to have a whole team of people sitting in one room to clear things out... If that's what it turns out to be when we get word back from a gm then I guess we will just go play something else...
    a lot of different people from one connection trying to log into the same server at the same time and playing at the same time can cause a lot of lag and if they dont have rules against it then a ton of people might start doing it causing the server to get extreme lag
  • miausong
    edited April 2012
    Options
    which restricting it does make total scene which i applaud pwe for doing it. They finally made a smart decision XD. Well Teros why don't you try A-ion ( wont let me spell it for some odd reason o.O). The game is from NCsoft. maybe that might work out for u it goes f2p on the 11 of this month. :) and if u u can start now and get a head start. lol I love that game
  • seitori
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Are you guys playing from a (Dorm house) by chance "on the houses LAN Line" or something akin too that??? Or just a normal residence location???

Cause If you are then, they may have some sorta special exemption ruling, that may get him back on, if you all are living in a dorm like residence....b:thanks
  • teros
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Blades: Errr, I don't see how a large number of people going in on one connection would affect the server itself... if anything it should just affect our own connection status, but we have a very highspeed internet connection and our latency tends to hover around 25-35ms.

Miau: It goes free to play? I've heard the game was pretty good (and I actually don't mind paying to play) But I guess since that is the case I'll have to check it out.
  • teros
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Sadly no Seitori, we play from our house, but we have the highest internet connection speed and some of our friends I-net isn't suitable for playing games so we get everyone to gather here.
  • miausong
    edited April 2012
    Options
    well the game is 16.7 gigs as of right now pretty big game. I actually like it. if u make though i am on the server Tiamat as an Asmodian though. There are 2 factions Asmodians and Elyos You can only have one faction on a sever so. if ur friends want to play with u on that server or u with me. You will have to all be asmodian or elyos on that server. or create a elyos or asmodian on a different server. They do this because it has to do with pvp and the way the game works to keep the balance of course
  • seitori
    edited April 2012
    Options
    mia is correct somewhere they said theres a limit to either connections or accounts per ip address i think at least

Yeah, some of the 'Truely~Early/Original' (Players/Peeps), were able to escape the 'Account limitations' By having already had a 'Sizeable' number of accounts already fully active, B4 they finally put the /Roof on\ over the numbers of the accounts you could actively have......

Whereas everyone else afterwards, was only allowed a certain amount of accounts active otherwise from then on.........b:surrender

I think (MOD Kritty) is one of the lucky ones??? I seem to recall one of them saying they had like '7 accounts' total B4 the limiter was put on it!?!! b:shocked___Including 1 from the PWi's (Closed Beta).....
  • miausong
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Yeah, some of the 'Truely~Early/Original' (Players/Peeps), were able to escape the 'Account limitations' By having already had a 'Sizeable' number of accounts already fully active, B4 they finally put the /Roof on\ over the numbers of the accounts you could actively have......

Runnnnn on XD

I had to take a moment to breath lol
  • seitori
    edited April 2012
    Options
    LoLzzz, Yeah!!!

I just wish I could remember who it was exactly, who said it!? I just remember it was either a {MOD or GM} who said it........b:chuckle

It was, quite awhile ago that I heard them say it, though.....

It was quite funny to hear though, since my own Brother is one of the 'Original {Closed Beta} User's' and all he's got is '2~Accounts' including the {Beta} 1.....b:laugh

I was like, WTH!! Do YOU Need with THAT MANY Accounts FOR!?!?!!b:shocked___ When I heard them say that......

It was Funny.....b:chuckle
    edited April 2012
    Options

Whereas everyone else afterwards, was only allowed a certain amount of accounts active otherwise from then on.........b:surrender

I think (MOD Kritty) is one of the lucky ones??? I seem to recall one of them saying they had like '7 accounts' total B4 the limiter was put on it!?!! b:shocked___Including 1 from the PWi's (Closed Beta).....

i am one of the people who got away with it even though i only use this one now i remeber having a bunch for some reason XD