Morai weapon

Sakubatou - Sanctuary
Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Cleric
Just wanted to start a QQ thread about the cleric's getting screwed on Morai weapons.

45 slaying levels has almost no point to a support cleric and the base damage is pathetic so its a very poor healing weapon and the slaying levels have no effect on heals. My barb, bm, seeker, and veno found some practical use for the 95 Morai weapons but cleric's really don't get anything from it.
Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
Post edited by Sakubatou - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Dawnx_ - Harshlands
    Dawnx_ - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'd have to agree though I did see 1 cleric using the Morai Mag sword for healing in FC. ._.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    Dawnx- 100 Demon Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Mystic.
    Doom_Panda- 101 R9 Barb 23k HP. :D
    PsychicTuna- 90 Sage Psychic.

PANDAS FTW!!!
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    As I said in an earlier thread :p
    Morai gear is perfectly acceptable, especially if you get the g13 variant (and eventually work your way to the g15 variant). The issue for clerics, and I see this often, is that the weapon is inferior for healing you or others. The slaying levels do nothing for your healing power. The Empyrean Edge has an average base weapon m.attk of 648.5. You get almost the same avg from Sakyamuni's Light. (Sakya sword actually has a slightly higher base.) So, just keep that in mind when using the weapon. I've had to tell several healers to switch to something else in TT runs lately.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It's not completely useless. It's not like you will do all quests in a squad. It comes in handy with all those order quests.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    /joins the QQ + extends it to QQ about how clerics generally got screwed with this expansion
    b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    has this been tested?
    you only purge once #yopo
  • TsarBomba - Heavens Tear
    TsarBomba - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    has this been tested?

You don't need to test it - your healing power comes from your magic attack, just check your m. attack with the morai weap against another weapon that does similar-ish damage on mobs.

I haven't gathered exact numbers, but anyone paying attention would notice that there's a significant difference in heal power when you're using the morai sword.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Everytime I see some kind of healer with that sword I'm just like.. *facepaw*.

Yes it does drop your heals by a lot. I did a little test for myself and my IH was nearly cut in half with the morai weapon compared to my +4 aquadash. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I also did a slight test in Lunar solo.

Meh, I'll be switching to my TT99 for healing while using the Morai weapons as attack weapons. They're both on hotkeys now.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I don't see the point in highly refining a dead end weapon you can't even account stash; so I don't use it on any toons.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I feel you, but you can always become a DD and support cleric at the same time. Clerics can DD, with attack skills dealing equal damage as wiz, and similar channelings. The only thing a cleric lacks in DD is a large variety of attacking skills, which doesnt really affect the damage output unless you take elements into account.

But I have always thought heals were OP on cleric anyways. One IH on a lvl95 weapon goes a long way, and usually when stacked it can heal several thousand HP per second. Heals can't really get much better in terms of magnitude.

I cant speak that much for support clerics because I am primarily a DD/tank cleric so I do not like using my heals much anyways. For those who use heals more often than attacks, I do feel your pain to some degree, but I think those slaying levels can still come in real handy (and are real useful if you dont already have a better weapon.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • _vaiya_ - Lost City
    _vaiya_ - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    actually the first thing i did after getting empyrean edge was test it on spiders. with my regular weapon (requiem blade +3) it takes me 2 hits to kill a group of spiders (1 spark+tempest and razor feathers). but with the morai weapon i can 1 shot them and it does a consistent 33k damage with 1 spark tempest.

i tested the heals on a friend while in frost and quickly realized that the morai weap is horrible for healing. spamming IH still wouldnt do any good. stick with your regular weapon for heals, the morai weap is good only for attacks. as far as i know slaying lvl is the same as attack lvl. in any case i've gotten very good at switching between weaps now lol.

btw, from what i've seen it seems like the main part of morai expansion for clerics was to boost our damage and not heals, so giving us a weapon with +45 slaying lvl isn't all that bad. i have yet to test it in pvp though.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    This is a free weapon so it's not really shocking >_>

It slightly out DD'd my TT99+4 at +3 so I used it to kill mobs until I got the EU G13 Weapon. The EU weapon is still inferior at healing but a large improvement on damage to mobs over the TT99+4 and has slightly more hp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    It slightly out DD'd my TT99+4 at +3 so I used it to kill mobs until I got the EU G13 Weapon. The EU weapon is still inferior at healing but a large improvement on damage to mobs over the TT99+4 and has slightly more hp.

How many run did it take you to get the G13? :o I just looked it up and the addons are pretty nice for someone who isn't planniong to go r8. Considering doing some runs to maybe get one of those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Omnicon - Dreamweaver
    Omnicon - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Tested my unrefined free morai weapon today on some mobs outside archo.. was doing 27k with wield lighting with it. On a constant basis.

With my Petals of Destruction+6 ... was doing 23k. b:sad Am I really that terrible? Damn my 50 extra vit. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Tested my unrefined free morai weapon today on some mobs outside archo.. was doing 27k with wield lighting with it. On a constant basis.

With my Petals of Destruction+6 ... was doing 23k. b:sad Am I really that terrible? Damn my 50 extra vit. b:surrender

No, you aren't terrible. It's just you're running around with a warsoul weapon for PVE :P

b:chuckle
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Hallo Decus.

You're up early.

Oh uhh - on topic. Yeah it stinks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'm rank 8, so basically I don't need or use the g12 Morai sword. Rank 8 outshines the Empyrean Edge in both damage and healing, so I never even bothered getting the sword, even if it means eschewing EU. My bank is full as is... that's why I never did any testing as cleric.

Instead, I tested the new weapon on my veno, who is not rank 8 and also happened to inherit a TT99+4 glaive from my cleric. With the TT99+4 glaive, my veno can heal about 75% of my herc's hp in one go. With the Emyrean Edge, she only heals about 50% of the herc's hp. Big difference. Damage wise, the Emyrean edge is better at +3 refining. I basically switch between the glaive and the empyrean sword. The glaive for better hp and healing, the empyrean edge for sheer damage. Despite the crappy healing and all, I still consider the new Morai weapon good for grinding. That's not too bad for a free quest weapon!

Xainou - According to the PWI database, the chances of getting the g13 Morai weapon from the EU instance is about 3%. That means that if you do EU daily and succeed every time, you will be getting the weapon once a month on average.
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Xainou - According to the PWI database, the chances of getting the g13 Morai weapon from the EU instance is about 3%. That means that if you do EU daily and succeed every time, you will be getting the weapon once a month on average.

Thanks, that's the kind of answer I was looking for :) I had found the 3% but ya... numbers are hard to imagine. b:surrender

And the place is actually pretty fun to run. So clerics gonna be farming :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Indeed. I tested the g13 Morai gear on my veno (she is arcane like my cleric) and the gear is actually pretty good. Even if the weap sucks a bit for clerics, the gear does give good protection. Don't let the 2socs and lower stats fool you, the warding levels are significant. At best you'll get a 20% damage reduction in total with the g13 gear. Farming it is not too difficult, you just need at least two clerics. A mystic would also work. :D
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Isn't there a G15 version of the the G13? Has anybody managed to get it yet?
  • dougallism
    dougallism Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    tweakz wrote: »
    I don't see the point in highly refining a dead end weapon you can't even account stash; so I don't use it on any toons.

agreed, whole gear/wep is a waste of time. NPC'd all cept for the wep and just do not use the wep anyway. not even sure if i wanna get the shroud psy wep in the end. morai just seems a waste of time/effort to me for its rewards.