PWI is getting more boring?

Rila_Kumi - Archosaur
Rila_Kumi - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Off-Topic Discussion
PWI is getting much much more boring for me.Everybody seems to be shy and not want to talk to me.I'm extremely bored.And no one wants to help me on quests.I quited last year,because nobody wanted to talk to me anymore.Since,now i came back.Still no entertainment for me.Is there anything that can entertain me?Or is it just me or am i the idiotic one?Cuz everybody seems to be shy.#ForeverAloneb:surrender
Post edited by Rila_Kumi - Archosaur on

Comments

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Not a matter of shyness I think... but yeah, I agree, PWI is getting rather boring.
    As long as you've friends to play with, it's a fine game, but without... there's not that much 'variety', especially at lower levels. The fact that there are fewer and fewer new players joining (resulting in starter areas being quite empty most of the time) doesn't help this matter.

You might be playing on the wrong server, too, I guess...
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Neither "Quited" nor "Quitted" are words.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Amea - Heavens Tear
    Amea - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It's difficult for low levels to get help with things. Assuming that level 58 is your main, my best suggestion is to keep leveling. When I leveled alts i noticed how quiet it was for lowbies. However, it does get better if you can manage to find a good guild or a good friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There can be no darkness without light, for without the other, the first cannot be understood. They always work in perfect balance.
  • Sisterreaper - Heavens Tear
    Sisterreaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I can completely relate.

When I first started I met some nice people. But that was a long time ago, they've moved on from pwi. I quit playing most of the time because I get lonely....my faction is pretty much dead too, but I don't want to leave them because they were lovely people.

I tried introducing friends to the game but that all went wrong ...so yeah...

No one really talks these days to anyone. Guess thats just life b:surrender
  • idejsecr
    idejsecr Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    A lot of it feels really repetitive at the lower levels.
  • _Severn_ - Harshlands
    _Severn_ - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    even at high levels, lol least at low levels its only kill 30 mobs, at higher levels its kill 100 mobs
    best advice is try to find a fun friendly faction, and it makes the game 100x more fun
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    PWI is getting much much more boring for me.Everybody seems to be shy and not want to talk to me.I'm extremely bored.And no one wants to help me on quests.I quited last year,because nobody wanted to talk to me anymore.Since,now i came back.Still no entertainment for me.Is there anything that can entertain me?Or is it just me or am i the idiotic one?Cuz everybody seems to be shy.#ForeverAloneb:surrender

I feel so bad for new players. There was a time when one could sit at any starter city and watch new characters spawn non-stop. The place was packed. And when questing, you could ALWAYS find other players to squad with that were after the same mobs. Thus, it was easy to meet people to play and chat with....it was a lot of fun.

Unfortunately, due to the age of the game, most people who would be interested in trying it have already done so (and left). This, in addition to the fact that power leveling has become the norm, means that most of the game areas are void of life which translates into a boring, empty game especially for new players.

The best option now available for new players in the interest of making friends, learning the game, and staving off boredom is to find a good faction...one that is fun, friendly, and talkative. That is what I would suggest you try to do Rila_Kumi. Hope you find a good home.

Of course, it goes without saying that the older community needs to step-up and make new players feel welcome unless what the older players want is an empty MMO to play solo. This means making the time to help new players, include them in the conversation (if they are new they may feel shy so talk to them and get to know them), try to include them when appropriate in events and quests, and provide helpful advice (without being condescending). Too often old players just stick to their small, closed circle of friends and ignore everyone else,... then they wonder why new players leave their faction, or simply quit the game. Duh! Even a small effort to make people feel included goes a long way to fostering their attachment and commitment to the faction and the game itself.
    Neither "Quited" nor "Quitted" are words.

....and simply critiquing someone's grammar without actually supplying a meaningful response to the topic is not exactly the "community building" mentality that will help to retain new players. If you had actually commented on the topic in addition to the grammar correction then it would have been fine, but as it is, you are just stroking your own ego with that post which is kind of sad.....ijs
  • Aeroelle - Archosaur
    Aeroelle - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I used to play back when PWI was newish my friend had told me about it and he was totally fanboying all over it. We only played it for about a month back then. But I remember the new users spawning and how a lot of the starters towns were packed with people. [Though the ones that I remember didn't really talk much either -might have been the server?]

However we both ended up quitting after about a month. I just got back into the game three days ago now and I have to say I'm actually enjoying it a lot more though I have noticed that it seems like a lot of people don't talk to much. I swear last night I just ran around trying to talk to people and they would just run away. D;

Even now I only have like two friends in the game so far and they're both newer characters and the day before I spent some time helping another guy who was on the same quest as me but then he just kind of ditched me. >.>

Either way I find the game more enjoyable when I'm talking with others, however I don't mind just running around fighting alone either. ^_^
  • O_o - Lost City
    O_o - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    i kinda agree and disagree. Sometimes I find it boring sometimes fun and addicting.

eh....meh....*shrugs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NatiIie - Harshlands
    NatiIie - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    525x525px-LL-e2ca9b4f_vbattach235663.jpeg
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Avori/Downloads/grave.gif[/IMG]
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

NatiIie - Harshlands replied to a message that was 1 year 4 months 14 days 20 hours 57 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I kinda like that image.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    closed for necro.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.