Is it wrong..

MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
... to get mad at some people in squad?

Not immediately of course. Just ran with a squad in FC, who refused to clear harpies in BR despite everyone not wanting accidents during heads. While we were killing harpies, he went ahead to murder Oceania.

Lured monsters before cleric arrived. Ran around the room, and half monsters reset. Refused to let them all reset, so he ran around like 7 times before gathering all the mobs again, (from various stages of reset) and refused to roar.

I don't know. I tried telling him nicely, but towards the end I blew up. Was this mean of me?
Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
Post edited by MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ROFL

In that situation I would have whispered everyone in the squad and told them when the barb gets to us do nothing, don't attack don't heal nothing and let the barb die to teach him a lesson. But then I am a mean person b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Idiot should have been kicked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    Ariella_ - Lost City Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ROFL

In that situation I would have whispered everyone in the squad and told them when the barb gets to us do nothing, don't attack don't heal nothing and let the barb die to teach him a lesson. But then I am a mean person b:chuckle
    Idiot should have been kicked.

Both of them are right.

If I were squad leader I would have kicked the second he jeopardized the squad...if I wasn't I would have told everyone to let him die.
    <3 b:cute
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If i had been leader of the squad i would had whispered everyone that im going to kick and pk the barb.
    If the barb would had been the leader i just let him do as he wants and watch him die, then lol on faction channel.... and pk the barb at the end of heads ofc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If i had been leader of the squad i would had whispered everyone that im going to kick and pk the barb.
    If the barb would had been the leader i just let him do as he wants and watch him die, then lol on faction channel.... and pk the barb at the end of heads ofc

I can understand this being a pk server and all but...pking people just for being fail is mean.

The fact that your a (Insert class here) who thinks she wont lose said pk match is also sad.

I hate all sins, just putting that out there.
    ROFL

I've tried this before, the idiot just got everyone else killed by the bishops that aoe.
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You shouldn't feel bad at all OP...murdering people with lesser braincells is a kindness. Think of it as putting them out of their misery. b:bye

In Harshlands, people are killed for lesser reasons...I swear I was murdered by an archer just because my Psychic's purple. Yes. I'm not even joking. He literally PM'd me and said: "Ur Beiber purple." ...Not my fault the kid likes purple...it's the most awesome color ever.

But on a more serious note, I try and tell people the right way to do something before I go off. If they can't seem to get it through their heads...they'll be taking a way back to the nearest town...and I don't mean teleporting.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Nowadays this it is normal. I'm very often in RB delta squad, WHERE
    1. BMs don't use stun so all aggro is immediately on robe classes(me) till end of wave.
    2. Archers which not using AOE in RB even they are asked for it.
    3. Barbs who never roar so aggro is again immediately on robe classes(me) till end of wave.

Nowadays the game is full of noobs, who leveled in 2 weeks to 100 and think they know what to do and how to play.b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    1. BMs don't use stun so all aggro is immediately on robe classes(me) till end of wave.
    3. Barbs who never roar so aggro is again immediately on robe classes(me) till end of wave.

Nowadays the game is full of noobs, who leveled in 2 weeks to 100 and think they know what to do and how to play.b:shocked

What's this stun thing? Archers get AOE's? And what's Roar? b:question
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ... to get mad at some people in squad?

Not immediately of course. Just ran with a squad in FC, who refused to clear harpies in BR despite everyone not wanting accidents during heads. While we were killing harpies, he went ahead to murder Oceania.

Lured monsters before cleric arrived. Ran around the room, and half monsters reset. Refused to let them all reset, so he ran around like 7 times before gathering all the mobs again, (from various stages of reset) and refused to roar.

I don't know. I tried telling him nicely, but towards the end I blew up. Was this mean of me?

And that is why I hated FC, it only takes 1 ar-tard to **** everything up! b:victory

... Untill 99+, that was a night-to-day difference, suddenly everyone knew what to do AND DID IT b:angry.

And to you, no that was acceptable.... Some people need their faces curb stomped - not many, not many at all.... But they're out there. b:quiet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I give people plenty of chances to use their skills properly. But after a few deaths i either have them kicked or drop and kill the squad. -_- If they wont kick the moron that is. I have been in 100 squads where the BM wont use dragons on bosses, or BM's that never have chi for it because they use it on the smallest of pulls. BMs that wont stun after a pull and they die. Clerics who wont set up BB after a really big pull (whole hallway from third boss up to fourth) and squad gets wiped...multiple times. I even ran into a 101 sin using hook and thorn. Fine. If you cant afford your NV daggers or r8 daggers or are waiting on r9 that's fine, but at least get some tt99 daggers or somethin.

Once i ran into a barb who was unaware that they had better defense/hp in true form (they were in their 90s).

There is a reason my name is what it is.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    do you seriously have to make a thread on the forums for other people to tell you you're right so you can clear your conscious....?
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    In future, follow, ZoracGallant advice, get the barb killed. After that follow Mayfly advice and kick the person. That gives that person 60 seconds to miraculously save the experience loss they are about to experience. Most upon reaching dead in town will rez by themselves, weird why, but they do.

Sarrafeline - BM stun = stare mob in the face, the first one to move loses, of course they are doing it right. Archer AOE = ability to walk in an area and pew pew if they wish, but walking is enough. Roar = barb goes in tiger form and stand still for 10 seconds, make sure no agro is on the barb or this won't work, after 10~20 seconds the barb will let out a roar. I am honestly surprised you did not know this.
  • Danoria_ - Lost City
    Danoria_ - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    bah hahah you're nicer than me. A friend of mine and I once ran a big room with two other rather cocky guys. They insisted on telling us what to do. So I did just that (which was rbing instead of bb) and allowed them to die before my friend and I wiped up the mobs and then I rezed them after they had missed the exp and allowed us a larger cut. b:chuckle

Of course, I don't condone any of this. But you do what you gotta do. Plus, I hate being told how to play my character. Especially by people who don't know my class.
  • draginvry
    draginvry Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2012

This. So much of this. I play through the game really slow. I explore, kill stuff, do stuff, and generally try to learn everything there is about the game. I want to know all of my strengths and weaknesses so that when I get to a new area or fight new monsters, I'm prepared to react.

Guildies complain that I level too slow. But, everywhere I look there are newbs who can't even kill a single monster which is a lower level than they are. People have no idea how to use their skills, they don't know their strengths and weaknesses, they treat every monster the same way, and they have NO idea how to aggro anything properly. Hopefully your squad at least knows the meaning of the word "pull"

I can only imagine the chaos in high-level areas. I'm still a lowbie and I can already see what happens when people run through the game without actually exploring it. It reminds me of Guild Wars Factions, where there were always assassins dashing ahead of the party and taking aggro from four or five monster groups when the party can only realistically handle two at a time.
    "Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
  • SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    It's wrong to NOT get mad at some people. How else will they and others know that certain behaviors are unacceptable? I don't mean anyone who makes a mistake, of course, but I'm sure we all know the type of people that are willfully ignorant, stubborn, egotistical, and simply refuse to have any kind of consideration for others, and are unwilling to listen to constructive criticism.

Tolerance and patience are virtues, yes, but when taken to extremes, they simply enable idiotic behaviors.
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2012

I think it's sad. But I do have friends who plvled their toons because they wanted to feel how the character is like at 60-ish? They did incredible towards mid and end game. I think it's just ignorance of really learning the toon..

But I'm glad to know that it wasn't too mean to blow up at said player.

DaKillanator - Raging Tide: Wanna troll? Work on your spelling first.

Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford