rchrdzepeda Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Support Desk
I Cant Get On The Game Its Sayinh That Im Unable To Connect With Server
Post edited by rchrdzepeda on

Comments

• Thundernikk - Heavens Tear
    Thundernikk - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    It is very likely I heard there were storms that went through the area.

There could be a few routing issues at the moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2012
    Just because I've posted this like 20 times in the past week and feel like doing it again...

Common reasons that you can't connect to the servers, experience disconnects, or just have lag in general...

1. You don't have the three .exe files for the client set to run as administrator.
    2. You don't have the game directory set as an exception in your security softwares.
    3. Your network adapter driver is out of date and needs to be refreshed.
    4. Your local area network settings are improperly configured.
    5. You have more than one firewall and don't realize it.
    6. Your firewall settings are too strict. (Very common with ZoneAlarm and Commodo firewall.)
    7. Your router is configured improperly.
    8. you have a bad network cable.
    9. You're using a wireless network connection. (Which leads to another huge list.)
    10. You have a lot of traffic on your local network that is bogging your router/modem down.
    11. There's a fault in your router.
    12. There's a fault in your modem.
    13, You have a bad phone cord plugged into your modem.
    14. There's an issue with your house wiring.
    15. There's an issue with your outside wiring.
    16. A squirrel chewed on your phone line at the pole and it's raining. (I've had this happen personally.)
    17. A switch/router at the CO for your ISP is having an issue.
    18. One of the many hubs between you and PWI is having an issue. (most common)
    19. There is heavy sunspot activity. (has happened within the past two years)
    20. There's a regional router outage. (Has happened several times, most recently just a couple of weeks ago.)

That's just a few. The more details you give, the better I can narrow it down and tell you what the issue is.

Post a copy of a traceroute to the server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rchrdzepeda
    rchrdzepeda Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Just because I've posted this like 20 times in the past week and feel like doing it again...

Common reasons that you can't connect to the servers, experience disconnects, or just have lag in general...

1. You don't have the three .exe files for the client set to run as administrator.
    2. You don't have the game directory set as an exception in your security softwares.
    3. Your network adapter driver is out of date and needs to be refreshed.
    4. Your local area network settings are improperly configured.
    5. You have more than one firewall and don't realize it.
    6. Your firewall settings are too strict. (Very common with ZoneAlarm and Commodo firewall.)
    7. Your router is configured improperly.
    8. you have a bad network cable.
    9. You're using a wireless network connection. (Which leads to another huge list.)
    10. You have a lot of traffic on your local network that is bogging your router/modem down.
    11. There's a fault in your router.
    12. There's a fault in your modem.
    13, You have a bad phone cord plugged into your modem.
    14. There's an issue with your house wiring.
    15. There's an issue with your outside wiring.
    16. A squirrel chewed on your phone line at the pole and it's raining. (I've had this happen personally.)
    17. A switch/router at the CO for your ISP is having an issue.
    18. One of the many hubs between you and PWI is having an issue. (most common)
    19. There is heavy sunspot activity. (has happened within the past two years)
    20. There's a regional router outage. (Has happened several times, most recently just a couple of weeks ago.)

That's just a few. The more details you give, the better I can narrow it down and tell you what the issue is.

Post a copy of a traceroute to the server.

really dude are you an auto respond system or something i tried all those multipul times and still nothing so the people at pwi need to get off there ***** and get this **** working i got alot of money on/into this game
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2012
    really dude are you an auto respond system or something i tried all those multipul times and still nothing so the people at pwi need to get off there ***** and get this **** working i got alot of money on/into this game

Truly, post the info I am asking for and I can show you where the issue is. If it were a problem with the servers, we would already have had 20+ threads on it here and in General Discussion.

I'm not usually this rude, but get off your *** and take a look into the issue like I mentioned. You might be surprised at what you find when you do bother to do something other than blatantly blame the company just because you're too lazy to investigate it.
    If the great majority of the people playing are not having any problems, (as is the case here because we don't have a thousand posts asking what the hell is going on), then it's obviously not an issue with the game servers or PWE's ISP. The remaining factors left are the numerous routers and hubs that your data signal passes through between your PC and the servers, and your local connection and network, and then your PC.

It's always funny how people like you whine and complain, but never bother to do more than that. (And with the few that actually do bother to do more, I can show them where the issue is and sometimes how to fix it.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]