Can't Connect with server at start up menu

rchrdzepeda
rchrdzepeda Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Support Desk
every time i click on the icon on desktop to load pwi the menu screen say unable to connect to server this recently started happening i tryd to redownload both pwi and direct9 and still no luck
Post edited by rchrdzepeda on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2012
    I Copy-pasted this just a couple of hours ago, but I can do it again since you didn't find the last 100 times I did it.

Common reasons that you can't connect to the servers, experience disconnects, or just have lag in general...

1. You don't have the three .exe files for the client set to run as administrator.
    2. You don't have the game directory set as an exception in your security softwares.
    3. Your network adapter driver is out of date and needs to be refreshed.
    4. Your local area network settings are improperly configured.
    5. You have more than one firewall and don't realize it.
    6. Your firewall settings are too strict. (Very common with ZoneAlarm and Commodo firewall.)
    7. Your router is configured improperly.
    8. you have a bad network cable.
    9. You're using a wireless network connection. (Which leads to another huge list.)
    10. You have a lot of traffic on your local network that is bogging your router/modem down.
    11. There's a fault in your router.
    12. There's a fault in your modem.
    13, You have a bad phone cord plugged into your modem.
    14. There's an issue with your house wiring.
    15. There's an issue with your outside wiring.
    16. A squirrel chewed on your phone line at the pole and it's raining. (I've had this happen personally.)
    17. A switch/router at the CO for your ISP is having an issue.
    18. One of the many hubs between you and PWI is having an issue. (most common)
    19. There is heavy sunspot activity. (has happened within the past two years)
    20. There's a regional router outage. (Has happened several times, most recently just a couple of weeks ago.)

That's just a few. The more details you give, the better I can narrow it down and tell you what the issue is.

Post a copy of a traceroute to the server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rchrdzepeda
    rchrdzepeda Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    the game was working fine till yesterday when a few torandoes decide to rip through texas so it just might be router
  • BlessedGod - Sanctuary
    BlessedGod - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I Copy-pasted this just a couple of hours ago, but I can do it again since you didn't find the last 100 times I did it.

Common reasons that you can't connect to the servers, experience disconnects, or just have lag in general...

1. You don't have the three .exe files for the client set to run as administrator.
    2. You don't have the game directory set as an exception in your security softwares.
    3. Your network adapter driver is out of date and needs to be refreshed.
    4. Your local area network settings are improperly configured.
    5. You have more than one firewall and don't realize it.
    6. Your firewall settings are too strict. (Very common with ZoneAlarm and Commodo firewall.)
    7. Your router is configured improperly.
    8. you have a bad network cable.
    9. You're using a wireless network connection. (Which leads to another huge list.)
    10. You have a lot of traffic on your local network that is bogging your router/modem down.
    11. There's a fault in your router.
    12. There's a fault in your modem.
    13, You have a bad phone cord plugged into your modem.
    14. There's an issue with your house wiring.
    15. There's an issue with your outside wiring.
    16. A squirrel chewed on your phone line at the pole and it's raining. (I've had this happen personally.)
    17. A switch/router at the CO for your ISP is having an issue.
    18. One of the many hubs between you and PWI is having an issue. (most common)
    19. There is heavy sunspot activity. (has happened within the past two years)
    20. There's a regional router outage. (Has happened several times, most recently just a couple of weeks ago.)

That's just a few. The more details you give, the better I can narrow it down and tell you what the issue is.

Post a copy of a traceroute to the server.

I have same problem and its the same as rchrdzepeda... its recent and I could play just fine before.

as for the 20 possible reasons here is my answer:

1. NO
    2. NO
    3. NO
    4. NO
    5. NO
    6. NO
    7. NO
    8. NO
    9. NO
    10. NO
    11. NO
    12. NO
    13. NO
    14. NO
    15. NO
    16. NO
    17. NO
    18. NO
    19. NO
    20. NO

ehm... so the conclusion is: those 20 points are something those techno guys use when they actually have no solution to the problem and try to prove that its a problem from the clients end lol b:shutup

sorry i know it was rough reply but think about it you have typed 20 points or just pasted it and I have gone through those 20 points to figure out those were useless ...

oh well thanks for trying atleast.
  • Thundernikk - Heavens Tear
    Thundernikk - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ehm... so the conclusion is: those 20 points are something those techno guys use when they actually have no solution to the problem and try to prove that its a problem from the clients end

Yes those are common issues to look into when you are having connection issues.

All us Tech (Techno is a music style) guys use them often but they are not the only things that may cause a connection issue.

When other people are able to connect to the servers and only some people can not, it does not mean it is an issue with the client but it does mean it is client side meaning to do with your connection or computer or route.

If it were server side no one would be able to connect.

If there were recently storms or hurricanes or tornadoes in between you and the servers it may be a routing issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    BlessedGod, if you're missing from the first hop, it would be something local blocking you. Local being on your PC itself because you're not even getting a response from your router/modem. I would first check the firewall, and then branch out into other security software and/or permissions that could be preventing it from connecting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlessedGod - Sanctuary
    BlessedGod - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    BlessedGod, if you're missing from the first hop, it would be something local blocking you. Local being on your PC itself because you're not even getting a response from your router/modem. I would first check the firewall, and then branch out into other security software and/or permissions that could be preventing it from connecting.

I have played enough MMOs to know all those points and already done all the checking from my side even before your post about those 20 points lol.

Anyway, I seem to be able to connect sometimes but its rare now and its only happening for games from perfect world entertainment. I can play other online games just fine. However, If I connect with AOL dialer I can play pwi but the ping is so high that it becomes useless to try and play that way. As nothing major from my side happened from my end I'm guessing its from PWE and I want them to check that out.
    edited April 2012
    But if the issue was on PWE's end, you would see the connection going all the way to the server. If you've checked all of your ports, permissions, and so forth and are still not getting any responses even from your modem, personally it may be a configuration issue on your modem. I've seen this happen before where the ISP will update the firmware on your modem/router and it causes an issue.
    Typically in that scenario, unplugging your modem/router for a few minutes and then powering it up again will resolve it. You might also experiment with using port forwarding or DMZ to see if that helps.
    If you want to give me more details about your setup, configuration, and equipment I can look into it more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]