No wonder people are always LF barbs....

Options
beastmasterjr
beastmasterjr Posts: 28 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Barbarian
Hi guys,

First of all let me say that I love my barb and it was really fun to level for the most part and then I got to a reasonable level to which I could actually start doing squads for BHs etc where squads actually did them and did not just get run by lvl 100 sins ^.^.

This brings me to my point as to why the people are always wanting barbs and not finding them as easy as majority of other classes (maybe clerics being the exception). Today I am going to be starting a new character and giving my barb a break because of the experience I had in 2 BH's today. (which saddens me)

1. Aggro. People dont realise that of course we have aggro skills but if you are doing too much DD in a short period of time then you maybe get aggro if you dont watch it. Especially if it happens to be a HF + Double spark / triple spark ... >.>"

2. Briefly : BM has to tank, cleric heals him, we agree I take bosses, no heals on boss, we have 2 clerics, apparently it is my fault because.... they are just plain.... you get the picture. The 2 clerics then are dding and when I get no heals and die, the veno does too and they say "Oh but we were trying to kill something, couldnt you see we were a little busy... why did you just eat and charm through it?

Anyway, my point is simply that I feel sorry for all the barbs out there and you have such a difficult job. Because if you are like me and play this for fun, and you do not constantly cash shop, it is plain stupid to tank, get blamed for things other people should be watching out for (e.g. aggro, epsecially when you are FRing off CD everytime you can) and then at the end of it all, YOU get the 200k repair bill and they get just the same benefit you do out of it..... o.O

Just want to know from everyone, are people better at higher levels on a more regular basis because as much as I love being about to use FC to power level characters it seems as though it has made a bunch of people with high level toons, too much money (probs use cash) and they know nothing about how things work.....

Anywayz, that is my rant!

Thanks for reading if you did and thanks for staying with barb, although you don't deserve the treatment I seem to be experiencing!

Kind regards,

Beastmastajr.
Post edited by beastmasterjr on

Comments

• BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    everyday we meet new players, most of the time they are *******s trying to solo something or don't careing for the members of the squad, but that's not something to freak out and give up. i've been playing this barb for 3years and a half, and i had a lot of situations like yours, raged and etc... but never gave up from my barb, sometimes i had dumb sqds which drived us to death, sometimes i did the shts, but we always get over it and stand strong again. so my advice is: don't let a group of *******s *** your day, and keep lvling a barb, imo is the funniest class in game and the best endgame pvp class. b:dirty

PS: if you get pissed with some1 just say "*** you" and leave him to die b:sin
  • beastmasterjr
    beastmasterjr Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    everyday we meet new players, most of the time they are *******s trying to solo something or don't careing for the members of the squad, but that's not something to freak out and give up. i've been playing this barb for 3years and a half, and i had a lot of situations like yours, raged and etc... but never gave up from my barb, sometimes i had dumb sqds which drived us to death, sometimes i did the shts, but we always get over it and stand strong again. so my advice is: don't let a group of *******s *** your day, and keep lvling a barb, imo is the funniest class in game and the best endgame pvp class. b:dirty

PS: if you get pissed with some1 just say "*** you" and leave him to die b:sin

Yeah I suppose I am not giving up on it, more of a "break" from it. Yeah I normally would do that, but I spent 1 hour clearing fc, just to have them wipe 5 times on the boss in big room because they couldnt understand "healing the tank' and killing the hands... they either killed the hands and killed the mini guy, or they didnt kill the mini guy, but didnt kill the hands either....

I really enjoy the PvE side of games so barb was a logical choice as everyone needs a tank but I feel like too many people try "be the tank" like bm/seekers and just like to many mystics try to be clerics and it is just frustrating when they do and then come with that annoying attitudes.

I wont never go with my barb again, just need a break because last nights run was an hour or 2 of clearing and it was that frustrating I sacrificed all that work and left despite having the bigroom right there....

Why can't people just use their brains and common sense.. =/

Kind regards,

Beastmastajr
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Because too many of them got to that level by buying the big room from someone who could solo all the bosses, and never learned how to function in a normal squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Because too many of them got to that level by buying the big room from someone who could solo all the bosses, and never learned how to function in a normal squad.

Eh, I don't blame FCC. I leveled almost all my chars the hard way learning squad dynamics, except my second sin I stopped questing/BH at about 85 and my veno I bought alot of heads room for. Why? Because I'd knew the veno's skills and squad dynamics and the job from having squaded with venos a thousand times. I still get tons of compliments when running BHs, have had zero issues with my gameplay, and received 3 friend requests my first time running my FCC for being a "pro" veno despite me having rarely played it.

My point is, the game has been out four years and people should know the classes and the dynamics by now. I don't need to have played an wizard to know most their skills, their job in a squad, their damage amount, and what will and won't steal aggro because I've seen it so many times. Especially playing my barb, I've learned what other classes should and shouldn't do.

I don't blame the noob quota on FCC heads. There has always been horrid players, always will be. Good players can buy heads and be good players, bad players can level 1-100 squading and questing and grinding and still suck at level 100. Its more about the player than how they leveled.

And the reason barbs and clerics are so hard to find? Because people want one for every squad. Rather "require" one for every squad. Any DD class is chosable. You can take a wizard, archer, psychic, seeker... Sins and BMs are preferenced because of their buffs. But alot of squads demand a barb and demand a cleric. So only 1/10 classes is suitable to be your healer, only 1/10 classes is suitable to be your tank, and 8/10 classes are suitable to be your dd.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Gotta say that having played my barb as long as I have, I've run into some really, really interesting peeps in various squads.

There's the cleric that panicked when the BM took aggro, ran away and died in FB69...She ran into the lake while I took the boss for a tour of the dungeon...after she ressed the archer, the archer was running after me screaming "BARB BUFFS NAO." Then she realized I had the boss with me and ran away. Yeah that's right, Nob is on my tail, I stalled and turtled long enough for cleric to res everyone and regain her composure. It's my job.

There's the cleric that wanted to "metal mage" in a FB79, unwined(for the old 20x3 quests.) He aggro'd EVERY Swinging mob in that room, killed everyone in the squad but me, and I had to kill 5 of those mobs while both clerics walked back from town. Fun times....cuz if i don't kill 'em, clerics won't live long after they get back.

(Those were pre-sin btw)

Because of squads like the ones I mentioned above, I got away from random squads. When i found someone that knew how to play their class, I added them. When i found a fail, I remembered his/her name.

The point is: There will always be fail squads. There will always be fail squads that will blame you. Find your game, play your class well. Avoid the fails when you can. Accept the blame when you mess up, and give everyone a chance to show how well or how poorly they play their class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If i might add on to this as well, not only have most of us played our classes but with the game being around for long its not hard to get a feel of others as well. Yes you might not know the full dynamics but that gives you more of a reason to play the class and work your way improving while you learn.

This being said, I personally still get mess ups when i tank but everyone does you just learn for next time. I remember my leader who was r8 at the time and i was a 7x barb would make me tank 2-1 and 2-3 even knowing how low my hp was he was teaching me. (Little did i know at the time) but now well i learned a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    i have three things to say wish is in my head.

1 game have changed from how it was BARB was tank as in WAS now anybody who have aps or dps will automatically get agro and become the tank.we have to accept it or move on i did i am enjoy my new role as ep way more then i tho was possible.i can say i still feel ep is still ep and non will take his spot (lv99).

2 i know many lazy or fail player who becose they know ppl have become lv100 even tho if we was talking about time when we grinded and did lv the hard way they would not even get past lv50.
    why becose the game was to boring or becouse there is just to much in there mind
    fact is they should not have been lv100 if it was not for the easy way to lv in FF.

3 i blame nv and the way its build to make ppl go aps and farm there gear.
    if you look at bh100 you would still see barb as tank in a few places and ep as healer.
    but with nv it completly negates the dinamic of the roles of classes and we are not talking just a instance we are talking about the biggest pool of money in GAME free and rich ppl can make especially in 2x.
    what do you think would happen if trails was the new pool of money this game would have i can tell you more barb and ep would grow in a instance becouse they are needed and wanted as trails is a rainbow party based.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    This thread is a trainwreck of amazingly bad grammar, spelling, and... I'd say punctuation, but there wasn't much of it.

Anyway...

Barb is fun until you hit endgame, then you just turn into a TW suicide Arma barb or cata puller. Or you go APS and farm. Which is more or less what everyone else does endgame, except seekers.

TBH, I have decent gears. There's only a few times when I don't want to actually tank on my non-barb characters. On my Barb, I like to tank, but i realize that there are APS players that can survive it and I'm nothing more than a Devour *****.

As for fail squads, if clerics won't heal, and you don't want to burn coins or money on buying Charms (which is ridiculous with endgame gear sometimes), then tell the cleric to heal or you will leave the squad.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Freizer - Lost City
    Freizer - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Coming a little bit late to the party, but here's my two cents. "Tanking" so much at endgame isn't what it used to be, not when most of your squad is either killing the boss fast enough to live, or "tanky" enough themselves to deal with it. (Only need about 10k hp, and 15k pdef 4/5 k mdef as an HA character to handle most things in decent dungeons)
    And tbh, with people my own level I don't entirely miss having to spam FR, it is alot more fun to be able mix it up, or hell just having the chance to have fun getting use my range of other skills without having the worry of keeping everyone alive.

That being said the other flip side is I've seen barbs refuse to go with squads that don't get things done fast, which screws over some of the less well geared squads, or lower level players. Just being friendly, and offering to tank things for guildies, lower level players, or just less well geared squads is where your tankiness will still come in handy as the life saving meat shield we all remember being, and the good thing being when they do level up, or get better geared they remember that barb that helped them through it.

As far as PVP, I still haven't seen anything take damage quite like a well geared barb and the bm's certainly don't want to pull cata if they can avoid it.

edit: so many commas, bare with my run on sentencing
    Lost City Sage barb and Retired Coven Marshal.
  • Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary
    Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hi guys,

First of all let me say that I love my barb and it was really fun to level for the most part and then I got to a reasonable level to which I could actually start doing squads for BHs etc where squads actually did them and did not just get run by lvl 100 sins ^.^.

This brings me to my point as to why the people are always wanting barbs and not finding them as easy as majority of other classes (maybe clerics being the exception). Today I am going to be starting a new character and giving my barb a break because of the experience I had in 2 BH's today. (which saddens me)

1. Aggro. People dont realise that of course we have aggro skills but if you are doing too much DD in a short period of time then you maybe get aggro if you dont watch it. Especially if it happens to be a HF + Double spark / triple spark ... >.>"

2. Briefly : BM has to tank, cleric heals him, we agree I take bosses, no heals on boss, we have 2 clerics, apparently it is my fault because.... they are just plain.... you get the picture. The 2 clerics then are dding and when I get no heals and die, the veno does too and they say "Oh but we were trying to kill something, couldnt you see we were a little busy... why did you just eat and charm through it?

Anyway, my point is simply that I feel sorry for all the barbs out there and you have such a difficult job. Because if you are like me and play this for fun, and you do not constantly cash shop, it is plain stupid to tank, get blamed for things other people should be watching out for (e.g. aggro, epsecially when you are FRing off CD everytime you can) and then at the end of it all, YOU get the 200k repair bill and they get just the same benefit you do out of it..... o.O

Just want to know from everyone, are people better at higher levels on a more regular basis because as much as I love being about to use FC to power level characters it seems as though it has made a bunch of people with high level toons, too much money (probs use cash) and they know nothing about how things work.....

Anywayz, that is my rant!

Thanks for reading if you did and thanks for staying with barb, although you don't deserve the treatment I seem to be experiencing!

Kind regards,

Beastmastajr.

^^this

I love the rant you made, takes me back to my infamous squad wipe on Emp in tt3-2 cept I was last man standing and the bm 2 sins and cleric were wiped. I managed to bring a finishing blow with onslaught b:sin

Any how on to topic yes we do have aggro skills, yes I ran with idiots before, the cleric should be healing you even if you have a charm equipped (this almost happened to me in base trials, the cleric allowed my charm to tick until it was depleted). Yes a BM would briefly take aggro, but that doesn't mean they are the tank. A 200k repair bill I don't mind but it is rough as you said. Any idiot will blame you for mistakes.

If you want someone to blame, blame PWE for introducing elitism and imbalances between the barb and other classes. If you wish play in instances as a barb for rainbow squads try Rebirth delta, base trials or Endless universe.

PS: not a noob, below my avatar that is the date I made my first post.
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Ranting on the barb forum doesn't really help this case. Try ranting on squad chat more often so that you can change other people's unrealistic expectations of barbs and teach them how to play in team with a barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jasyus - Heavens Tear
    Jasyus - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I don't get this, is this a rant thread now? If you're both kind and rough in your squad, you can get good results in instances. I'm just saying.
    Dat smexy furry wolf.
  • Ivory - Harshlands
    Ivory - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Barbs are the ham in the sandwiches... the power force they have is amazing