Npc?

stormybluesky
stormybluesky Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Assassin
I have been having some difficulty securing a sage BP skillbook, and after having wasted millions in coins (I'm on a tight budget both in-game and off) on making sage assassin skillbook clips, I find myself looking for alternative methods.

I obviously don't have 350 mil to get screwed over by someone in the Auction house. b:sweat

On PW item database, I found an NPC that sells specific skillbooks, "Skillbook Merchant - Power" but no further information is given. Can anyone tell me what territory or instance I can find this NPC?

Whatever it costs to find an NPC that sells skillbooks has certainly got to be cheaper, and more-so worth the trouble, than either begging for un-merited mercy from other players or making random rage clips that give me the same skill three times in a row, something on which I can't waste coin. b:sad

A side note, sage bp seems to be quite a lot of hype, but players are constantly asking for it, as if it's some sort of elixir of life which guarantees immortality. -.-
Post edited by stormybluesky on

Comments

• John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Save up 300 pages and buy the set (non-random, all the books he posesses) if you really want it.

It kinda sucks but it's usually the best way, plus every skill in the set is useful.

The npc you speak of isn't in the game, at least not accessable if he is. It's likely a GM testing tool.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    once you get it. you can keep making it , selling sage bp for 30m+ and making profit on those skills.
  • stormybluesky
    stormybluesky Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Save up 300 pages and buy the set (non-random, all the books he posesses) if you really want it.

It kinda sucks but it's usually the best way, plus every skill in the set is useful.

The npc you speak of isn't in the game, at least not accessable if he is. It's likely a GM testing tool.

Is this from the mystical librarian?

If it's old book pages, I need to do delta. The price of 300 pages adds up to 150mil. xD
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Is this from the mystical librarian?

If it's old book pages, I need to do delta. The price of 300 pages adds up to 150mil. xD

It is the librarian, Advanced Mystical Pages. The quest won't show unless you have all 300 pages however. And be careful when you get them, he lists 20x random skillbooks (culti and class) and several full sets. Don't pick the wrong one by mistake :P

When tokens are 10k it adds up to 45 million iirc, so you can work out your approximate price on that.

The OBP version is a mildly higher chance at 12% (10% on AMP), but as you said, they're expensive as all hell. OBP gives you no skills you cannot get elsewhere, and all but Tackling slash are included on that bookset. (Tackling slash is in the Mysterious Page collection).

~tl;dr Collect 300 Advanced Mystical Pages, trade them in and enjoy Bloodpaint and some other great skills.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    What smith said.

I did the same when I became a demon. The only skill I got that was absolutely necessary once you hit demon was Rib Strike. That helped survivability by a lot. From there I saved up for the whole bookset, which was 45m for myself, and learned all of the skills. Sold the extra Rib Strike for the same price I bought it back then.

Doing random books is only good if you get the desired book within 2 tries. Otherwise it's not worth it.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!