warding an slaying levels

Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
OK, so with a couple exceptions the new skills basically aren't all they are cracked up to be, atleast not the cheap an easy to get ones. Looks like it'll be about 2 weeks to find out about the others.

Any idea yet about the slaying an warding levels having any effect on anything in the normal world outside of morai? If the equiptment is only good there I can avoid the need for it entirely since the influence quests are easily done in my normal gear and I have no other reason to ever go into morai once i get my skills.
Post edited by Flamespirit - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    They do certainly have an effect. I tried some mobs in OHT, I actually hit them harder than with my fcc weapon. Although my magic attack went down quite a bit. lol

At least the G12 ones aren't comparable to r8 though. And with the lower magic attack you bettter not be a healer. Because the slaying level won't help you at all healing. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Those work on all mobs. I don't have enough data to say how good the effect really is.

I measured a 4.92% damage increase with 5 slaying levels on a lvl 20 mob and the tooltip for 50 slaying levels said a 42% increase on level 105 mobs. I'd need more data to fit a curve to that. I can confirm they do stack independently with normal attack levels / defense levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I haven't really tested this, but I assume it is for all PvE, anywhere on any map. It seems to be pretty decent gear, if used only in PvE. I suspect it's your new "Starter Gear", and foresee the level cap being removed or at least raised. People already hyper to 95+ in a week as it is, and it's become the rule rather than the exception. Releasing new content for 95+ only seems to imply that "if your *** ain't 95 yet, chop chop" (From PWE's perspective). They may want everyone at least 95 so they can make the level cap 120 or even 150; They don't so much add things as simply unlock things they've kept hidden from the original version. I am fully aware that they do add wholly new content occasionally, but most of it is simply unlocking things, so that each little handful appears "new" (and therefore more desirable by the CS users).
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    My understanding is that leveling isn't all that fast in China, since you can't hyper in FC there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    Unlocking the level cap will be difficult though as there are no quest lines to be had, no content for it, the FB109's have been converted into different instances, (although they could easily restore the original maps without affecting Warsong and Nirvana if they knew what they were doing), and they already screwed up the EXP per level requirement to cater to a maximum level of 105.

It's not very likely that we will see anything past 105 without a major game reconstruction, and they won't drop money into that. Hell they only just updated the 8-year-old client to conform with technology that was available 8 years ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You will have plenty of reason to go back into Morai and continue to do the quests even after skills. There are mounts, I don't know about the weapons and gears but they have them and they might be decent. There are also other features within the supplies that you might be able to utilize as well as the quests and exp pills to help you level. As I played around today and explored I also noticed many places where they can put new stuff. And there is that new dungeon in there that I also don't know anything about. I'm not sure what it has to offer but in either case, there is still more to do than get skills!
  • Berserker_ - Dreamweaver
    Berserker_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i just use the weapon cause it looks nice b:laughb:surrender
    [SIGPIC]www.spades.tw[/SIGPIC]
    b:cute
  • ntkn
    ntkn Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    apparently the consensus on the new weapons/armor are that they are good only on mobs but for everything else they suck? cant even heal decently with these weapons.

why dont they just make warsoul weaps more widely accessible FFS b:surrender
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    ntkn wrote: »
    apparently the consensus on the new weapons/armor are that they are good only on mobs but for everything else they suck? cant even heal decently with these weapons.

why dont they just make warsoul weaps more widely accessible FFS b:surrender

Warsoul weapons are legendary tests of patience and commitment. It would be disingenuous of us to turn around and make them part of the expected power curve.

If you're able to collect all of the mats required to make one, excellent. If not, that's not going to stop you from completing content. I'm not saying we won't ever change the Warsoul items, but at this point in time, you'd have a hard time justifying releasing such weapons into the power pool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    genotypist wrote: »
    Warsoul weapons are legendary tests of patience and commitment. It would be disingenuous of us to turn around and make them part of the expected power curve.

If you're able to collect all of the mats required to make one, excellent. If not, that's not going to stop you from completing content. I'm not saying we won't ever change the Warsoul items, but at this point in time, you'd have a hard time justifying releasing such weapons into the power pool.

That didn't stop you with r8 sale, medals removed from DQ items, or r9 now did it?
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • chriswoman
    chriswoman Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Any ideas on the TW relivance of warding and slaying levels yet?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    chriswoman wrote: »

Warding and Slaying levels only work against mobs, not other players.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Warding and Slaying levels only work against mobs, not other players.

Towers + Enemy crystal (though if you're trying to actually attack the crystal directly something's wrong with you but whatever)
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    Towers + Enemy crystal (though if you're trying to actually attack the crystal directly something's wrong with you but whatever)

Well... Slaying and Warding levels don't work against players. The weapons aren't superior to other, more PvP suited weaponry such as R9.

Thus there's no reason to consider the point. Unless the only thing you plan to do in a TW is attack towers and somehow manage to avoid all the players.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well... Slaying and Warding levels don't work against players. The weapons aren't superior to other, more PvP suited weaponry such as R9.

Thus there's no reason to consider the point. Unless the only thing you plan to do in a TW is attack towers and somehow manage to avoid all the players.

That would be silly. However if you're like me and carry around multiple armor/weapons/rings/ornaments for various situations you could swap out for tower killing sprees.

Overall, though, I'd agree with you that the scope is so limited in TW it's not even worth mentioning since the only thing it has a chance to matter on is enemy crystal and... well.... good luck with that one if you aren't a cata.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    That didn't stop you with r8 sale, medals removed from DQ items, or r9 now did it?
    So true. They leaving warsoul weapons behind. When PSI will be on the bottom, loosing players and so then they will release warsoul weapons to gain player base back and suck last money from them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Now I'm confused. Wasn't obtaining the required amount of Rep and Mats for R9 at one point the ultimate legendary test of patience and commitment ? b:puzzled

Well I'm just a humble player but from where I'm standing it sure looks to be just as disingenuous to turn around and make THEM part of the expected power curve.

I'm just saying... b:bye
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Now I'm confused. Wasn't obtaining the required amount of Rep and Mats for R9 at one point the ultimate legendary test of patience and commitment ? b:puzzled

Well I'm just a humble player but from where I'm standing it sure looks to be just as disingenuous to turn around and make THEM part of the expected power curve.

I'm just saying... b:bye
    genotypist just lost a good chance to say something that makes sense....
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Why not do so? R9 beats out Warsoul weapons quite handily. Only difference is that Warsoul has a lower level requirement, meaning lower level alts can benefit from them. Personally, if they were cheap enough, I would enjoy using a Warsoul bow on my Alt Archer, and possibly even my main archer, until I can afford R9 for all of my characters, in 5 years or whatever when R10 and R11 and R12 and R13 and R14 are out. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    chriswoman wrote: »

The only things that apply at full damage in TW on towers/crystal are DoT spells which don't factor in attack/defense levels so I'm assuming they ignore warding and slaying levels as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azteen
    azteen Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    this is sad but g12 sword from morai hits damn near the same as my r8 seeker sword + 5
    with 2 jade gems : (...and it was free basically.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    azteen2 wrote: »
    this is sad but g12 sword from morai hits damn near the same as my r8 seeker sword + 5
    with 2 jade gems : (...and it was free basically.

It's not sad it's a good thing

b:pleased

However that's only PvE

PvP that sword will be doing considerably less damage, but if you are only intrested in PvE then the morai gear is great
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012

I don't like this logic, look at rank gears, you gain reputation, however you guys decide to sell the rep in the boutique. Where is the "hard work and commitment" in that? It's a bit hypocritical if you ask me for you guys to say that line "tests of patience and commitment".

Most things that do take time to get, are in a pack.

Cube of Fate necklace? You can farm Cube days upon days, or you can simply purchase it either in a lucky pack, or a player who got it in a lucky pack.

Same goes for:
    -Lunar Weapons and Rings
    -Trophy Mode capes
    -Warsong Belt
    -Soul Relics
    -Plus more...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-