Plat. HP Charm Scams!

Azizsixer - Raging Tide
Azizsixer - Raging Tide Posts: 249 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1331891

^There is an example of this new scam

Just refreshing the topic because it seems to have hit RT server.

A friend of mine who bought some charms in bulk from a cat ended up with one almost empty...I'm not sure of the GM/Support response and solutions to this but to those buying charms plz beware and double check to ensure ur charm is full and not to fall for this scam!

I know we really shouldn't have to worry about something like this but its to caution yall against the trouble of falling for it then sending a ticket...I hope everyone that is involved in this scam gets perma banned !!!!
Post edited by Azizsixer - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    unfortunately, i also got a glitched charm in my bank i bought from a scam shop >_< b:surrender

already sent a ticket, and also seems that Kastus hasnt gotten a reply form the ticket he had sent
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You ladies need to start buying charm from gold. Catshops are the ones making money out of you, scam or not. As for the shops that do scam, that's just bad business. I hope their names get spread around and no one buys from their shop ever.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Jellytops - Heavens Tear
    Jellytops - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Are you really sure that it's the catshops fault??
    i bought from a catshop but when i bought it had 1.2m in it im sooooooooooo lost :c

He clearly says that it had 1.2m when he bought it.

I'm just coming with ideas, but could it simply be a misclick or something. You get a pop-up when you try to "overwrite" a old charm, right? What happens if you click "no" on that? Could that be a possibility? That it was actually the old charm still in that slot? Or were the old charm completely worn out? I know I only switch charms when there is 1-2K left on it, but I don't have alot of HP so... :0P

Oh, and also, you should do the math on what's cheapest. Like Quilue said, catshops don't sell stuff with a loss. They are making profit off of you. Do a quick calculation, and figure out if it is really chaper to buy from catshop, or buy gold (from in game coins ofc :0P) and get it from the boutique.
    *-*-*When I wears my flashing sword and my hand takes hold on judgment. I will take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me. Oh lord, raise me to thy right hand and count me among thy saints.*-*-*
  • krudolf28
    krudolf28 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    At this reason I stoped trading with Charms.

Normal I bought and sold Charms. But as Catshop I do not have any possibility to check if the charms are full or not. I must trust that they are full before I give the bought charm for sale.

There should be made a possibility that every user can see how full the charm is. And only full charms should be able to trade.

IN the most cases it is not the fault from the catshop that they sale a not full charm.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    It's an easy fix, really.

Just freaking make them Bind like regular gear. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level