scam? 3rd party? april fools?

SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
just found an email in my inbox sending me over to -removed-for a second i thought it was an april fools joke... but it looks like its real. anyone know what the deal with that clone is?
101/101/102
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
Post edited by SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well, if you had looked for more than 10 seconds and scrolled to the bottom of that page,
    it clearly states that it's a private server.

And a closer look at the forums says it's a very new one infact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, I received that (Pirate/Private) Server 'Email' aswell.....
    Its Probably just another Phisher (Scam Site) again, though......b:lipcurl

Oh well, let the {ADMINs} handle it........b:surrender

BTW: Frankie, Its another one of those 'noreply@pw' sites.... Only this one claims to be a 'DESCENT' Variable, that they're Calling 'PwArise'.......b:sweat

I'd almost bet ya, that this is another one of those 'French sites' again, Frankie...........b:sweatx2!!

How lame, that they're still bringing them up......... But atleast I've never went to any of them and fell for their lure...... LOLOL!!!!!!! ! ! !!! !......

Oh Well... Have fun with the knowledge that I've gave you about it {Admins}

BYEEEEeeeeee...................

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz......b:sleep
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Better question is, How do they get our emails?
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    yeah, would like to know how they get my email, since i don't go to very many sites video game related except the forums here,pwi database, an my faction forum.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Better question is, How do they get our emails?

Good question, now if only they'd come clean on that little bit.........

But if its like the last 2 years of 'Time's that we've asked the (ADMINs) too answer us, on how the 'Pirate Sites' were able to get our 'Email Addresses' in the first place
    "So that they could send us those 'Fake Mails', in the First Place?" We'd probably, just get the same answer again.......

The one that goes: HUHhhhh??????b:question

And then the one that GoeS: Well it wasn't us?? Maybe they **** another of your (MMO's) you all Play on, Other than Us????????b:puzzled

And then when you say: That ya only play PWE Games....

They say: Well maybe you gave out your Accounts (Username & Password) to someone, so someone else may have gotten into your 'Account Info' and then, entered you into their mailing list......b:faint

And then you go:
    Then Why'TH! didn't they just Steal my stuff aswell, while they were at it???

And then they go: I DON"T KNOW!!!?? Maybe they were just ReAlLy NiCe HaCkErZz & were Just ReAlLy NiCe ToO YoU!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!
    "Wike a bunch of WEEeee Wittle old Tweee Year Ol' Kidz......"b:cry

LOLOLOLzzzzz

And then you either go and Cry yourself
    "At the Irony of it All!!" or just Give the **** ^^!!!! on Having Ever tried to get a straight answer from the 'KEYSTONE Cops MOB SQUAD' in the first place........^v^' b:chuckle

You know how it goes some times..........ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    seitori wrote: »
    Good question, now if only they'd come clean on that little bit.........

But if its like the last 2 years of 'Time's that we've asked the (ADMINs) too answer us, on how the 'Pirate Sites' were able to get our 'Email Addresses' in the first place
    "So that they could send us those 'Fake Mails', in the First Place?" We'd probably, just get the same answer again.......

The one that goes: HUHhhhh??????b:question

And then the one that GoeS: Well it wasn't us?? Maybe they **** another of your (MMO's) you all Play on, Other than Us????????b:puzzled

And then when you say: That ya only play PWE Games....

They say: Well maybe you gave out your Accounts (Username & Password) to someone, so someone else may have gotten into your 'Account Info' and then, entered you into their mailing list......b:faint

And then you go:
    Then Why'TH! didn't they just Steal my stuff aswell, while they were at it???

And then they go: I DON"T KNOW!!!?? Maybe they were just ReAlLy NiCe HaCkErZz & were Just ReAlLy NiCe ToO YoU!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!
    "Wike a bunch of WEEeee Wittle old Tweee Year Ol' Kidz......"b:cry

LOLOLOLzzzzz

And then you either go and Cry yourself
    "At the Irony of it All!!" or just Give the **** ^^!!!! on Having Ever tried to get a straight answer from the 'KEYSTONE Cops MOB SQUAD' in the first place........^v^' b:chuckle

You know how it goes some times..........ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's the LIKE button for this post?

Yea, my email for PWI is NOT used by anything else. PWI sucks balls and *azz* IJS
  • bearishidonteven
    bearishidonteven Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    if u read that email for 8 seconds, u might have downloaded an undetectable spyware... b:cry what is this.......
  • XXDarkNinjaX - Lost City
    XXDarkNinjaX - Lost City Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    rule #1 on any site or game for me :)
    never click a link
  • _RockHard_ - Lost City
    _RockHard_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    err as to reguards of them getting ur emails ima guess the fb connect and as for private servers theres a couple 100 of them for pwi alone lol some with better balance and population's than there is here.
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I would love to find out how they got my email... time to go back an re-read the privacy doc for pwi and see if they can give it out or not...

To be honest the first thing that came to mind was... another update to the game...
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Thanks to some clever editing on the first post, I have no idea if this is the same rubbish I just received or not b:sweat

The email I got stated nothing about a private server. I knew it wasn't pwi related however, due to the amaturish layout of the email and "We are glad to announce your our opening!" tag line (I'd like to clarify that I am most certainly NOT their opening! (RUDE!) And they should learn some proper english!).

I too would be interested to learn HOW they got my email, considering that the account it has gone to is my personal email account that I don't give out to random sites (I have 2 spam accounts for that). Very disappointed if my info has been sold, and perhaps even more so if my details have been obtained due to a lack of security b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Thanks to some clever editing on the first post, I have no idea if this is the same rubbish I just received or not b:sweat

The email I got stated nothing about a private server. I knew it wasn't pwi related however, due to the amaturish layout of the email and "We are glad to announce your our opening!" tag line (I'd like to clarify that I am most certainly NOT their opening! (RUDE!) And they should learn some proper english!).

I too would be interested to learn HOW they got my email, considering that the account it has gone to is my personal email account that I don't give out to random sites (I have 2 spam accounts for that). Very disappointed if my info has been sold, and perhaps even more so if my details have been obtained due to a lack of security b:surrender

Ditto what the lovely lady said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2012

it was a link to a website that looked similar to this one [not a clone], but it was for a private server. yeah i clicked the link, i just scrolled up and down to check it out...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I agree with everyone's previous post about this. As I just received an email for this site as well. Fuzzy ya need to figure this one out. Clearly it comes from the FB Connect somehow, bet that page was **** since it's broken. I don't give out my email addy either. I also checked my son's facebook page and the email account he uses for his games and he also has this pwarise email.
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Anyone else notice the OP's sig is showing a "101" sin with H&T?

b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • LeeYung - Sanctuary
    LeeYung - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    to me it looks like somehow pwe gave out personal emails to some companies else pwe's security isnt so intact ... i had like half a dozen e-mails sent to me in the past 1 year i can remember saying me to join a private server for some reason
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Anyone else notice the OP's sig is showing a "101" sin with H&T?

b:shutup

b:chuckle I did indeed.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • HumanSPIDER - Archosaur
    HumanSPIDER - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    hmm i didn't get one weird a GM should know
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I would love to find out how they got my email... time to go back an re-read the privacy doc for pwi and see if they can give it out or not...

To be honest the first thing that came to mind was... another update to the game...

May or may not have been PW. Spyware is a possible culprit.
  • Bladesofpie - Dreamweaver
    Bladesofpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I think this is something with you guys because i have two emails with pwi an neither have ever gotten an phishing emails