Mystic or Psychic

MagnumMystic - Raging Tide
MagnumMystic - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Mystic
I made this thread cuz i have really hard time on choosing my char. I already got one mystic 91 level but i see all those psychics be over powered and i like them. They got high damage, good duels/pk and a variety of skills (aoes,stuns,buffs). In contrast mystic is level 91 however his skills are fewer, a spamm skill and a spam heal.

I would appreciate your help.
Post edited by MagnumMystic - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Mystic, Your doing it wrong..... Mystics can easily kill psychics. R9 JoSD Psy vs a Mystic r9 JoSD Mystic would win so easily if they knew how to play there class. Mystics can be the most fun class ever! Or just a mystic..... But if you wanna change into something new go for a psychic :D
  • ArenaSkies - Sanctuary
    ArenaSkies - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    ^What he said.

Quite frankly, mystics can kill any arcane class quite easily.
    Dumbledore: Lily... after all this time?

Snape: Always.
  • Dariboo - Lost City
    Dariboo - Lost City Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    My mystic pwns psychics and even beaten some +10 instacast wizards easy and beat TONS of r8 recast +8 and over clerics..hehe i love mystics
    Filling the forums with idiocy since 2/2/2012 b:pleased

Main - lvl 101 R8 Mystic - Dariboo

Inactive on PWI. I still play PW, just...elsewhere
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I made this thread cuz i have really hard time on choosing my char. I already got one mystic 91 level but i see all those psychics be over powered and i like them. They got high damage, good duels/pk and a variety of skills (aoes,stuns,buffs). In contrast mystic is level 91 however his skills are fewer, a spamm skill and a spam heal.

I would appreciate your help.

Voted psychic because of what you write here. If you like to DD so much, and you like the abilities of psy, go psy. A r9 psy really owns in what he does, which is DD.

Mystic does good damage as well, but not as good as psy. A mystic is played a bit different and depends more on it's support and debuffing skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Voted psychic because of what you write here. If you like to DD so much, and you like the abilities of psy, go psy. A r9 psy really owns in what he does, which is DD.

Mystic does good damage as well, but not as good as psy. A mystic is played a bit different and depends more on it's support and debuffing skills.

If they're spam healing, and spamming one DD skill; they're doing something wrong as pointed out. They're probably trying to play the mystic like a fledgling veno/cleric. Not to say a Psy would be wrong for them, but I think they should learn the class before discarding it since a Mystic would afford more opportunity, and have a weapon they could share with all other mages but a psy.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    If I was told that I could only play one character for the rest of my PW life, it would be my psychic. Because mystics are awesome, yes, but a psy fits my playstyle slightly more; mainly DD with some support when absolutely needed (which is almost never as bubble of life has a 30-second cooldown)
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • /eren - Dreamweaver236
    /eren - Dreamweaver236 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I find the psy class to be really boring and entirely too cash based a class to be good. why waste my money getting a better soulforce for better damage with refines when i can do just as much damage on my mystic, give you multiple enemies like a veno, heal myself and anyone around me with ease and pop massive shielding ignoring physical damage to fellow mages (yes absorb soul goes through all shields including sparks). also i get a phys resistance boost without losing damage unlike white voodoo, plus large boosts to water resistance and wood resistance. that means melee takes slightly longer to kill me and im stronger vs half the psy skills and several wizzy skills as well as the majority of a venos skills and fellow mystic skills. i can also do wood,metal,fire, and physical damage. with salvation and vital herb i can support my squad without having to pause my DD ability which at 95 is hitting triple spark natures vengeance hits 30-60k vs bosses in BHs. finally, similar to a cleric or veno I can solo mobs and bosses far above my level purely because i can self heal and damage at the exact same time.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I made a Psy to fool around with when spamming FC got real boring.

I got my Psy to 29 before I quit playing it. If you know anything about a Mystic, you can easily understand why.

1. Mystics can fully and sustainably heal themselves. Psys have one spell and pots.

2. If you bother to learn to play your Mystic fully (reading, asking questions, then applying what you learn to your particular variety of Mystic), then you know, with your packed bag of tricks (summons, plants & spell combinations), you are an awesome DD and healer who can stun and anti-stun when the force - or sparks - are with you.b:chuckle

Im pretty much a PvEer, but the Mystic is awesome in TW and PK as well.
  • Torvold - Lost City
    Torvold - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i am a R8 recast mystic but i can 4 shot R9 clerics/wizz but u just need to do the right combos so its somethimes hard to fight if u get gankt and u are facing a R9 . but whit mystic u survive a long time even against psys who are still op as always. i tryt to fight a R9 psy but they hurt if they crit b:surrender http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6ud4kalToQ this a vid whit me vs a psy so u can see even a R9 psy has a hard time dealing whit mystics b:laugh
  • MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear
    MsDominatrix - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'm getting a little tired of my BM and wanna try something else. I'm a little bit torn between mystic and psychic.

Now don't get me wrong. I have a mystic and it completely owns PVE. With plants for their debuffs, or lysing as nukes, and summons for every single situation, it's impossible to go wrong with mystics.

However in terms of PVP, I read about how psychics are way better because of white/black voodoo and they are able to handle a whole bunch of players. Now I've not TW-ed before, so I just want to hear input from others. How do mystics and psychics fare against each other in PVP? How do they fair in TW?
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you're right. -Henry Ford
  • ArenaSkies - Sanctuary
    ArenaSkies - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    In TW I'd go with a Psychic since they're better at group PVP. In 1v1 situation, the mystic rules.

As Mystics we don't have a lot of AoE options, but the Psychic does. So I'd say the Psychic is better in TW.
    Dumbledore: Lily... after all this time?

Snape: Always.
    edited April 2012
    Mystics are the only ones in the game with the ability to push Catabarbs back. Sometimes they are so shocked by this they run back on their own when they see you coming, lol.

With Listless Blossom lysinged, you can freeze/sleep a whole squad. Thicket is a nice AoE and does good damage followed by another AoE - gale force.

Then there is Craggy, Stormy and Devil - all with AoEs.

We are crowd control & create chaos in TW, which happens to be a lot of fun.

If you want to be all that and a bag of chips in TW, I would suggest an R9 APS barb with Armageddon. Seen that one shot entire squads, but if you want to have fun, and be a huge help at getting a lot of people killed - Mystics do the trick.

Ive heard Psys are good at PvP, and AoEs certainly help in TW. We are both squishy, but the Mystic has better survivability.

Mystics can also fill in for clerics if need be. With both our healing plants down we can camp the opponents crystal for an amazingly long time, even with both towers hitting us.

Mystics are good in any squad, but do their best work in Air & CataKill squads.

Which is better in TW is like which is better in the entire game, so...would that be a 5 APS Sin? b:chuckle

Well, Id say from my experience the Mystics biggest enemy in TW is the 5 APS Sin. They cant 1 shot you, but the ability to sneak up on you and stun gives them the greatest advantage against you.

I will add that since Mystics are harder to play than Psys are, the Psy might be preferable for more laid back players between the two. But imo, the Mystic is exciting to play, and a force to be reckoned with anywhere in the game.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Mystics are the only ones in the game with the ability to push Catabarbs back. Sometimes they are so shocked by this they run back on their own when they see you coming, lol.

The expansion has added new skills giving other classes the ability to cause involuntary movement onto others.
    Then there is Craggy, Stormy and Devil - all with AoEs.

Devil has no AoEs.
    If you want to be all that and a bag of chips in TW, I would suggest an R9 APS barb with Armageddon. Seen that one shot entire squads, but if you want to have fun, and be a huge help at getting a lot of people killed - Mystics do the trick.

APS barbs are not good for TW compared to vit build. Vit build arma does more dmg than APS build. APS isn't even really a PvP build, only sins and bms make it work effectively there.
    Ive heard Psys are good at PvP, and AoEs certainly help in TW. We are both squishy, but the Mystic has better survivability.

With high refines Psys actually have more survivability. Empowered Vigor = faster charm ticks. That combined with White Voodoo, Soul of Silence, and Psychic Will gives them the ability to hold off many at once. See Burnout's video here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=LJQ9-G1ELFw
    Which is better in TW is like which is better in the entire game, so...would that be a 5 APS Sin? b:chuckle

Gonna assume this was sarcasm.
    Well, Id say from my experience the Mystics biggest enemy in TW is the 5 APS Sin. They cant 1 shot you, but the ability to sneak up on you and stun gives them the greatest advantage against you.

5 APS sins are **** in TW. Mystics are a ranged class so it's to be assumed if we have good positioning that we'll almost always be surrounded by allies. If a sin pops up to kill us then they'll get instagibbed if they don't stealth first, and if they do, we have res buff. Don't forget about bramble either.(Veno bramble, not ours lol) So if they try to kill us again they won't be able to escape a second time. Our worst enemy in TW as with other arcanes would be Archers.
    I will add that since Mystics are harder to play than Psys are, the Psy might be preferable for more laid back players between the two. But imo, the Mystic is exciting to play, and a force to be reckoned with anywhere in the game.

I find this to be suggestive. Mystics probably are more difficult to play than Psys in PvE, but I personally find it more tricky to play a Psy with average refines in PvP than my Mystic , could just be my playstyle though.

Just wanted to provide some clarification and correct some minor mistakes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    "The expansion has added new skills giving other classes the ability to cause involuntary movement onto others."

Cool, does that mean they can push Catabarbs back, like a Mystic can & cause as much damage with that same one spell?

"Devil has no AoEs."

Kk, if you say so. I had read they do and no one corrected that so, lol. I only got into seriously using Summon spells with Stormy & Craggy after retiring Devil at level 90.

"APS barbs are not good for TW compared to vit build. Vit build arma does more dmg than APS build. APS isn't even really a PvP build, only sins and bms make it work effectively there."

High HP barbs pull Catas, and on their own "will maybe leave a red mark". I dont know what a Vit build is, but Im learning. Recently had to restat my Pure Magic build for a faction Ive applied to, increasing my HP to 5K. Its actually pretty nice, and I didnt notice a major decrease in damage either - which I worried about when seeing I was pulling more than 40 points off of Magic to accomplish this. I no longer feel a need to switch out ornaments for more PDef. I have no idea about a Vit build on a barb. I have not made a barb yet, and really dont think I will considering the circumstances they run into at endgame with Nirvana, if they cant afford to skip it and buy R9. They look like really fun chars to play too, which is kind of sad.

"With high refines Psys actually have more survivability. Empowered Vigor = faster charm ticks. That combined with White Voodoo, Soul of Silence, and Psychic Will gives them the ability to hold off many at once. See Burnout's video here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=LJQ9-G1ELFw"

Kk, is that better than what Vital and Healing Herb placed on the ground can do? Or our 1 shot full heal Break in the Clouds which is spammable? I have made a Psy but only to level 29. I was not impressed by the one little heal spells ability even with White Voodoo, which is why I stoped playing it. My Mystic being my first leveled char has spoiled me, lol.

Sorry, dont have time for the Vid but will watch it later. When I see a Psy camped on the opponents crystal, I'll easily come back and agree.

"Gonna assume this was sarcasm."

Why? Im a pretty honest person. Whats sarcastic about it? Taken in context, its pretty straight forward to me.

"5 APS sins are **** in TW. Mystics are a ranged class so it's to be assumed if we have good positioning that we'll almost always be surrounded by allies. If a sin pops up to kill us then they'll get instagibbed if they don't stealth first, and if they do, we have res buff. Don't forget about bramble either.(Veno bramble, not ours lol) So if they try to kill us again they won't be able to escape a second time. Our worst enemy in TW as with other arcanes would be Archers."

Archers can one shot us, but they usually have better targets in mind. Sins can sneak up on us, but then we have a new spell too, that I dont have yet, but it really didnt read to be that useful at stealth detection as it has too long of a cool down, and your ability to detect would really be based on luck. I have never had a Archer sneak up on me in TW, lol. Sins do it all the time, and before my R8, would have me half dead before I could even target them. In an Air Squad you are free to switch back and forth from Air and Ground, making targeting barbs & crowd control & creating chaos an easier task.

Air Squads work together as far as an objective, but are spread apart enough so the entire squad doesnt get blown away. You have a little support, if the rest of the squad can get to you before you die.

"I find this to be suggestive. Mystics probably are more difficult to play than Psys in PvE, but I personally find it more tricky to play a Psy with average refines in PvP than my Mystic , could just be my playstyle though."

That's cool. I find your reply to be opinion. Like I said only got my Psy to 29, but it was a pretty simple deal playing it. No plants or Summon spells to keep track of. No need to think about what plants would work with what others. No need to keep track of whats down, what I can Lysing, no healthbars to watch or Summons to try to heal. Maybe we DO play our Mystics differently, which would not be odd considering the versatility of the character. Maybe you are more focused on heal support rather than full support, making your task on your Mystic in TW simpler. Idk, lol.

"Just wanted to provide some clarification and correct some minor mistakes."

Cool, thanks.

EDIT: I watched the Vid, and its interesting. The person filming it seems to be a level 1 Elf with 5050 HP & 7070 MP. Whatever char that is at level 1, I want one! It honestly should be close to a level 100 with that HP & MP pool, but the screen clearly shows level 1.

Did you notice the cool & groovy gold chest next to the filmmakers avatar - you know, the one that gives you your free Sirius gear when you make a new char? *giggles*

I read what the Vid says Im looking at, but I dont really know what I'm seeing exactly. Yes, I do see a Psy, no worries - along with several other things. But Im not sure if Im watching the Psy hold off several chars at once, or just enjoying a fun day of 1v1 PK or duels.

I like Burnout. His advice is very good. Yours is good most times too. I can respect other peoples opinions, but Im just not seeing what you are saying it is exactly. Sorry.
  • MagnumMystic - Raging Tide
    MagnumMystic - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    as i told i dont like mystics too much:)
    edited April 2012
    as i told i dont like mystics too much:)

Um...actually you said you got your mystic to 91, but in your opinion Psys are overpowered so you like them.

"# 1 Mystic or Psychic
    03-20-2012, 10:30 AM

I would appreciate your help."

I really dont know what you need help with then, you dont like mystics, then you dont like them.

If at 91, I found myself with only a spam skill & a spam heal, then I wouldn't have liked mine either. Its not an easy deal to play a Mystic good, and you should definately go with what works for you.

If that's a Psy - then Psy be it! b:victory
  • Cazane - Dreamweaver
    Cazane - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    "The expansion has added new skills giving other classes the ability to cause involuntary movement onto others."

Reel In Level 1
    Range 25 meters
    Mana 212
    Cast 2.0 seconds
    Cooldown 120.0 seconds
    Weapon Melee weapons, Unarmed

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Vacuity

Pull the enemy toward you.

Against targets of the same level and Soulforce, success rate will be 70%,
    with a success rate range between 40% and 100%,
    depending on both players' Soulforce.

Requires 50 Chi to cast.

Range 30 meters
    Mana 432
    Channel 0.2 seconds
    Cast 0.6 seconds
    Cooldown 60.0 seconds
    Weapon Magic Instruments, Unarmed

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Vacuity

Mark an enemy player's current location, causing
    the target to return to that location in 6 seconds.
    Success rate when both player and target are the same level
    is approximately 60%, with a minimum success rate of
    40% to a maximum rate of 80%, dependent on both players' Soulforce.

Cannot be used on players 5+ levels higher than you.
    Can only be used on players.
    Can only be used on World Map (not Safe Zone)

Requires 50 Chi to cast.

Enough said. I mean I'm not saying that pushing catabarbs is so essential for TW's but we still are the only class able to do it efficiently :)
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Cool, thanks.

EDIT: I watched the Vid, and its interesting. The person filming it seems to be a level 1 Elf with 5050 HP & 7070 MP. Whatever char that is at level 1, I want one! It honestly should be close to a level 100 with that HP & MP pool, but the screen clearly shows level 1.

Did you notice the cool & groovy gold chest next to the filmmakers avatar - you know, the one that gives you your free Sirius gear when you make a new char? *giggles*

The cleric clearly has 50 hp and 70 mp, this has nothing to do with the thread.
    I read what the Vid says Im looking at, but I dont really know what I'm seeing exactly. Yes, I do see a Psy, no worries - along with several other things. But Im not sure if Im watching the Psy hold off several chars at once, or just enjoying a fun day of 1v1 PK or duels.

I like Burnout. His advice is very good. Yours is good most times too. I can respect other peoples opinions, but Im just not seeing what you are saying it is exactly. Sorry.

The video clearly shows a Psy in white voodoo tanking a Wizard, Archer, Cleric, Sin and Veno, any Mystic would have been dead from the Wizard alone.

I suggest you stop this poor attempt at trolling the Mystic forum and go learn to play the game, or quit, you choose. I actually feel sorry for anyone who comes into contact with you on Raging Tides, and that is me being nice.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2012
    It's already well known that Brillance gives out fail advise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2012
    It's already well known that Brillance gives out fail advise.

I think that's obvious but it is really annoying when all you read in here is the ramblings of an idiot that thinks she is actually helping others.
  • nev12kg
    nev12kg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ^It's also annoying when someone jumps in and starts downtalking people in a feeble attempt to troll with out actually realizing he's doing so. Nice passive ranting. Now what's wrong?^b:pleased
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ^ It's even funnier when some no-name avatar comes in and calls everyone a troll.

Educate yourself before you talk, dude. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited April 2012
    nev12kg wrote: »
    ^It's also annoying when someone jumps in and starts downtalking people in a feeble attempt to troll with out actually realizing he's doing so. Nice passive ranting. Now what's wrong?^b:pleased

Oh I'm so sorry! I shall make you happy by going thread to thread on the Mystics forum giving out wrong information to everyone.

I'm hardly a troll, I try to help people but obviously there are people who don't know what they are talking about... such as Brilliance.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2012
    Oh I'm so sorry! I shall make you happy by going thread to thread on the Mystics forum giving out wrong information to everyone.

Looking for fail isn't something you should be doing b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2012
    The cleric clearly has 50 hp and 70 mp, this has nothing to do with the thread.

Get your eyes checked, lovie. The level 1 Elf still has 5050 & 7070, lmao. Talk about false information - you could at least get the Vid edited before you so boldly lie. b:chuckle

The video clearly shows a Psy in white voodoo tanking a Wizard, Archer, Cleric, Sin and Veno, any Mystic would have been dead from the Wizard alone.

I suggest you stop this poor attempt at trolling the Mystic forum and go learn to play the game, or quit, you choose. I actually feel sorry for anyone who comes into contact with you on Raging Tides, and that is me being nice.

I suggest you follow your own advice - don't hate me cause Im a new player who happens to be able to see & read too. b:surrender

Brillance knows her ABC's and 123's. Emhmm..yes she does!
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Get your eyes checked, lovie. The level 1 Elf still has 5050 & 7070, lmao. Talk about false information - you could at least get the Vid edited before you so boldly lie.

Are you seriously this stupid or just blind, Brillance?

Look again. This cleric has 50/50 hp and 70/70 hp. Not 5k and 7k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2012
    Are you seriously this stupid or just blind, Brillance?

My name is not Xainou, so neither. <3

Look again. This cleric has 50/50 hp and 70/70 hp. Not 5k and 7k.

At 400%, if those slashes are there, the Vid is not high enough quality to see them.

Did you notice the guy in yellow in the background helping the Psy kill? He's not doing anything but 1v1 by hisself. Sorry.

Want to keep analyzing?
    b:chuckle
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    At 400%, if those slashes are there, the Vid is not high enough quality to see them. b:chuckle

I see them without my glasses. Your point?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2012
    I see them without my glasses. Your point?

Oh goodie - you DO wanna keep analysing! *claps happily*

Did you notice the Sin in black pants jump in to kill someone attacking the Psy too? If you see such fine detail on your PC, Xainykins, surely you can see that sin too b:chuckle
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Good job Brillance. I see you're trying to insult people again with your 'I'm so cute, you all love me' style. But yea, it still doesn't work.

Shame on me that I actually came here to feed the troll. But she's too funny to play with. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]